• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disney characters you felt that Sora had the best chemistry/connection with?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The top two Disney (and Pixar) characters Sora needs to meet up with again in the future

• Aladdin

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Rapunzel

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Ariel

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Simba

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Mulan

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Beast

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Jack Sparrow

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Marshmallow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hiro

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Woody

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awards
All of this further illustrates as to why I couldn't care less about Frozen returning. Rather visit Pooh for the fourth unforgiving time than having to pay Arendelle a second visit just to see SDG in the background of an abridged Frozen 2. Of course to appeal to the massive amount of younger fans and people that just adore Elsa for some reason, it is an inevitable it will return so I know I am going to have to suck it up regardless.

Also seeing all these responses makes me regret the fact I placed Anna on the list instead of Marshmallow, and I can't even edit the damn poll now.

View attachment 12651

I guess I wanted to give at least one of the Frozen girls a chance, but I was just fooling myself. It's a known fact, Sora had more chemistry with a giant snow monster than two girls from Arendelle. One of the many reasons why Rapunzel looks a ton more attractive by comparison and would rather SDG visit her again instead.
I can see it now.

SDG go back to Arendelle and everyone except Marshmallow barely even remember that they even showed up the first time.

And I still have no idea how Sora somehow had a deep enough connection with Anna to freakin feel her being stabbed with an icicle.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I'd rank em
1. Ariel
2. Rapunzel
3. Jack Sparrow
4. Hiro
5. Beast
6. Simba
7. Mulan
8. Woody
9. Aladdin
10. Marshmallow

The top 3 kinda separate themselves from the others. Ariel n Sora have the cute song chemistry plus they personally related to each other in KH1. Sora n Rapunzel have those cute moments in forest plus the dancing mini game. Out of all of them Sparrow is the only one who Sora looks up to as mentor/hero. For some reason Donald and Goofy think they even act alike though I personally don't see it.

I'm not sure why Aladdin is getting so many votes. Nothing bout him n Sora really stood out.

disney233

Awards
OK BUT HOW THE HELL IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT HERC & POOH? I love the chemistry between Sora & the two of them throughout each game. In KH1, Herc was like a mentor and role model to Sora, I'd say more a mentor than Phil. In KH2, Sora returned the favor and helped Herc when he was CLEARLY at his lowest point. And the chemistry between the two in KH3 was just....yes.

As for Pooh, I feel no one's giving him the credit where credit is due. The chemistry between the two of them is just...wholesome. When I look at Sora & Pooh, I...never really thought about Pooh & Christopher Robin, they just...seem like a bond between a brother and a baby brother. It's just...wholesome. I like it. I feel Pooh's underrated.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
OK BUT HOW THE HELL IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT HERC & POOH? I love the chemistry between Sora & the two of them throughout each game. In KH1, Herc was like a mentor and role model to Sora, I'd say more a mentor than Phil. In KH2, Sora returned the favor and helped Herc when he was CLEARLY at his lowest point. And the chemistry between the two in KH3 was just....yes.

As for Pooh, I feel no one's giving him the credit where credit is due. The chemistry between the two of them is just...wholesome. When I look at Sora & Pooh, I...never really thought about Pooh & Christopher Robin, they just...seem like a bond between a brother and a baby brother. It's just...wholesome. I like it. I feel Pooh's underrated.
Hercules was also the person Sora decided to go to in order to find a way to restore his lost power. That's meaningful in its own right

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Donald > TRON > Hades > Phil > Ariel > Rapunzel > Beast > Jack Sparrow.

I know Hades and Phil aren’t the main characters or party members, but they both have really fun interactions with Sora.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'd rank em
1. Ariel
2. Rapunzel
3. Jack Sparrow
4. Hiro
5. Beast
6. Simba
7. Mulan
8. Woody
9. Aladdin
10. Marshmallow

The top 3 kinda separate themselves from the others. Ariel n Sora have the cute song chemistry plus they personally related to each other in KH1. Sora n Rapunzel have those cute moments in forest plus the dancing mini game. Out of all of them Sparrow is the only one who Sora looks up to as mentor/hero. For some reason Donald and Goofy think they even act alike though I personally don't see it.

I'm not sure why Aladdin is getting so many votes. Nothing bout him n Sora really stood out.
I agree with Sparrow. I thought they had good chemistry in KH2, but in KH3 their dynamic really set sail as Sora felt like Jack's apprentice, especially when you get the Leviathan ship. Just sailing around and listening to SDG banter with Jack was really fun and made the journey feel more alive.

Hercules was also the person Sora decided to go to in order to find a way to restore his lost power. That's meaningful in its own right
Wasn't it Yen Sid who told Sora to go to Olympus? Not that it discredits Sora and Herc's relationship at all though.

Edit: I suspect Tron isn't on the list because he would win. Nothing beats Sora/Tron.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Anna and Elsa really could have had one of the best interactions with Sora if Nomura was allowed to take advantage of the parallel between the sisters and Sora and Riku. With Riku possibly being in Arendelle at the same time

I agree with Sparrow. I thought they had good chemistry in KH2, but in KH3 their dynamic really set sail as Sora felt like Jack's apprentice, especially when you get the Leviathan ship. Just sailing around and listening to SDG banter with Jack was really fun and made the journey feel more alive.

Wasn't it Yen Sid who told Sora to go to Olympus? Not that it discredits Sora and Herc's relationship at all though.

Edit: I suspect Tron isn't on the list because he would win. Nothing beats Sora/Tron.
It was Yen Sid? Wonder how he knew about Hercules losing his power in KH2

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Anna and Elsa really could have had one of the best interactions with Sora if Nomura was allowed to take advantage of the parallel between the sisters and Sora and Riku. With Riku possibly being in Arendelle at the same time

It's never stated how Yen Sid knew of Hercules losing his powers, but he's the one to tell Sora to go.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I think another character you didn't add in and deserves an honorable mention was Tron in Kingdom Hearts II, cause aside from Beast, Aladdin, Hercules and Jack Sparrow, Sora and the gang had the best friendship with Tron during their time in Space Paranoids.

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
This has been a fun discussion so far. I agree with everyone about Tron, he was certainly one of the top Disney characters in KHII (and the overall series) that bonded with SDG, and it didn't feel forced either. Their interactions as well as their developing friendship did feel natural. Kind of makes me wish that Space Paranoids/The Grid will return someday after everything that transpired in KHDDD. The main reason Tron is not on the list is because well, the poll apparently has a limit for how many people/things you can list at a time.

There will be a sequel thread to this soon later this week, just waiting to see how many more votes come in for this one first. The top 3 or 4 characters with the most votes will advance to the second round and will be accompanied by new ones like Tron, Hercules, etc. It seems obvious that Rapunzel and Aladdin are going to the next stage. Curious who will be the other two though. Ariel, Jack Sparrow, and Hiro are having a close race at the moment.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I thought Yen Side reads Jiminy's Journal like they're battlefield reports?

Anyway, I definitely think Ariel and Aladdin had the best chemistry with Sora. I'm pretty upset with most of the Disney interactions in KH3 because there was a lot of potential, but I just feel like Sora didn't really befriend them like he did in KH1/2. The biggest letdown in KH3 was Sora/Hiro's friendship, maybe because Hiro was barely around Sora? Rapunzel was amazing, though, which makes me want her to return in some capacity. Even though everyone hated Atlantica, the bond Sora had with Ariel makes me want to see them together again. Having her as a summon was great - in my head it was like Sora giving back to Ariel and showing her new worlds.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I'd have to say Hiro and Tron/Rinzler. Sora and Hiro got along REALLY well (what with Hiro's brother's death and Sora telling him he's in his heart, along with Baymax apparently being the coolest thing Sora's ever seen [to the point he actually asked for one (which I've never seen him do with anybody from any other world that I can recall)]). And Tron/Rinzler needs to be saved. I really got the confirmation I needed from KH3 that Disney did not want SE having fun with their original properties, so that's why Toy Box, Monstropolis, and San Fransokyo stood out the most to me, because the crew got to make their own storylines. HOWEVER, I truly think that Sora not trying to save one of his friends is totally out of character for him and the franchise in general (regardless of what world they're from or the fates they met). Even if they have to go via Radiant Garden somehow, Space Paranoids needs to be revisited.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'd have to say Hiro and Tron/Rinzler. Sora and Hiro got along REALLY well (what with Hiro's brother's death and Sora telling him he's in his heart, along with Baymax apparently being the coolest thing Sora's ever seen [to the point he actually asked for one (which I've never seen him do with anybody from any other world that I can recall)]). And Tron/Rinzler needs to be saved. I really got the confirmation I needed from KH3 that Disney did not want SE having fun with their original properties, so that's why Toy Box, Monstropolis, and San Fransokyo stood out the most to me, because the crew got to make their own storylines. HOWEVER, I truly think that Sora not trying to save one of his friends is totally out of character for him and the franchise in general (regardless of what world they're from or the fates they met). Even if they have to go via Radiant Garden somehow, Space Paranoids needs to be revisited.
But doesn't Sora know that Rinzler isn't Tron, or at least the Tron he knows? If he visits Space Paranoids, Tron will be fine. He has to find The Grid in the Realm of Light, if he wants to save Rinzler/Tron.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
For me, it's Tron for sure for sure. I was so sad he wasn't at all mentioned in KH3 when a lot of important stuff happened on the computer he happens to live in.

I always get feels at THAT moment in DDD

tumblr_mwec730O4F1so6p6so6_250.gif
'

How can you NOT BRING TRON BACK AFTER THAT

Other than that, Hercules kinda seems like a cool big bro he looks up to. They're cute.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
But doesn't Sora know that Rinzler isn't Tron, or at least the Tron he knows? If he visits Space Paranoids, Tron will be fine. He has to find The Grid in the Realm of Light, if he wants to save Rinzler/Tron.
Sora knows that Rinzler is a version of Tron (which I think is good enough for him). I only say Space Paranoids because it resides in Radiant Garden (an original world), plus who knows what unlocking the keyhole in the RoS for The Grid did to Space Paranoids (I know Ansem the Wise copied the system, but Rinzler KNEW Sora to some capacity, so I can only assume that The Grid has some ties to Space Paranoids)

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Sora knows that Rinzler is a version of Tron (which I think is good enough for him). I only say Space Paranoids because it resides in Radiant Garden (an original world), plus who knows what unlocking the keyhole in the RoS for The Grid did to Space Paranoids (I know Ansem the Wise copied the system, but Rinzler KNEW Sora to some capacity, so I can only assume that The Grid has some ties to Space Paranoids)
Maybe The Grid exists in Yozora's world and is connected to Game Central Station? What if Rinzler mistook our Sora for the unknown "Sora"?

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Aladdin in first place with both Rapunzel and Ariel tied in second place making them the "Big Three" of this group. It would be most welcome if Sora ever gets to revisit all three of them for KHIV. I have already spoken about both Aladdin and Rapunzel on multiple occasions so this time I am focusing more on everyone's favorite redheaded mermaid.
Da5OT1GU8AAK6EY.jpg
Ariel is similar to Sora in a few ways. She has the cheerful, adventurous type personality like he does; an important factor for how they gel so well together. Another major factor Ariel has in common with Sora, and also with Rapunzel to an extent, having the great desire to see the outside world(s). Now for the interactions themselves. In KH1 naturally Ariel was both friendly and trusting of Sora from the very moment they met. Later on Ariel even takes Sora inside her grotto (here comes the sex jokes). That is quite a deal for someone you just met, bringing him to her private space. She is one of the very few females that battles heartless alongside Sora. She sticks with you through all the boss battles against Ursula even when she grows to Godzilla size. By the end of the Atlantica storyline in KH1, Ariel quickly forgives Sora about withholding the fact he is from another world, and further indulges in her dreams of being able to do the same as him someday.

In KH2 they were following the movie storyline more closely this time around with Ariel thinking more about Eric than Sora. There were still some "shipping" type moments here and there. For example, them meeting each other again being similar to how they first met with Ariel swimming around him, sizing him up. Of course then came along all the singing moments they shared together. In KH3 Ariel comes along to aid Sora as a summon and at the same time travels with him to different worlds. That proves how strong her heart is as well as the bond she has with Sora. At this point she would be in her "canon relationship" with Eric, married and all, however she was still willing to leave her own world to help Sora so that says a significant amount about their bond.

I know as far as returning worlds go, I keep saying I want both Agrabah and Kingdom of Corona to return (and I still do). If I had to select a top three, I would add Atlantica (or the Caribbean/Port Royal) with Corona and Agrabah. Ariel was fun as a summon, but I do miss her as a party member. Something we haven't had in the series since the first game. Furthermore, the added benefit of exploring the beaches, the castle, and the town along with plenty of underwater areas including the Atlantica kingdom itself all in Unreal Engine would be a real treat to behold. Only thing though is would the return visit there follow the sequel movie including having Melody around? Or would it be loosely based off of it, but it's mainly an original storyline kind of like how the first Kingdom Hearts portrayed the world? There was no Eric around for that so perhaps they could do a story without Melody being included at all. Either way I honestly would welcome back Ariel, and by extension another visit to the world of Atlantica in the future. Another reason why we have to go back...we never did find out HOW Triton knew about Keyblades.

You know what else Ariel and Rapunzel have in common besides being Disney Princesses that have animal sidekicks and want to see more of the world? They both have a tremendous amount of chemistry with Sora more than Kairi. lol

Sorariel.pngkh3-dance.jpg

@Face My Fears , You do have a point there. That part slipped my mind. It's like when Sora met the other version of Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio in Prankster's Paradise. If Sora revisits Space Paranoids to see if Tron is alright, he probably would have no recollection of what happened in the Grid since it is just another version of him. Then again it could be like how in certain fictional stories that feature clone characters somehow sharing the same memories with one another even though only one of them experienced those said memories. Perhaps the KH2 Tron would remember bits and pieces of what occurred in KHDDD if not all of it despite him being a separate character from Rinzler/Tron. I think it's because of KH2 Tron that Rinzler somehow knew a little about Sora near the end, so maybe the link between similar characters works both ways.

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
You know what else Ariel and Rapunzel have in common besides being Disney Princesses that have animal sidekicks and want to see more of the world? They both have a tremendous amount of chemistry with Sora more than Kairi. lol

View attachment 12665View attachment 12666
It's actually kinda sad that the Disney characters have more chemistry with the main character....than another main character. Who basically grew up with said main character.

Back