• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Disney Channel Features Same-Sex Couple on Good Luck Charlie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Disney Channel made a bold move because they are now the first children-targeted television network to feature a same-sex couple in an episode of Good Luck Charlie.

The situation that brought this up was that The Duncan's youngest child, Charlie, was going to have a playdate with her friend Taylor. Amy, the mother in the show, said to Bob that she met Taylor's mother Susan and that she was very nice. Bob proceeded to say that he also met her mother but he could have sworn her name was Cheryl. Coincidentally, the doorbell rings and both Amy and Bob go to answer the door and two women are there. They introduce themselves as Susan and Cheryl, and that led Bob and Amy to understand that "Ohhh Taylor has two moms". There were no negative or odd reactions to the lesbian couple, it was treated as a natural introduction.

This is obviously a very touchy subject, but what are your guys' opinion on this? Do you think Disney was bold and smart for doing this, do you think that It's too early for children to be exposed to something like this during early development, or do you think Disney was totally in the wrong?

Here's the video if you want to see it for yourself:

Good Luck Charlie - Susan & Cheryl - YouTube

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While I don`t watch Good Luck on Charlie, I think it`s great what disney did. I`m sure that there will be some people who think that children are to young to be exposed to this type of thing, but I think that if they see it at a young age, they might be more accepting and open towards it when they get older. That way, the next generation may be more tolerant towards the LGBT community.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
do you think that It's too early for children to be exposed to something like this during early development

Hatred is indoctrinated within children at a young age by close-minded families, which is why acceptance needs to be taught as early as possible. There should be no "acceptable age" because every age is acceptable to know about the varying types of love and lifestyles out there. Treating homosexuality as if it is some strange, offensive thing is what causes problems in the first place.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Hatred is indoctrinated within children at a young age by close-minded families, which is why acceptance needs to be taught as early as possible. There should be no "acceptable age" because every age is acceptable to know about the varying types of love and lifestyles out there. Treating homosexuality as if it is some strange, offensive thing is what causes problems in the first place.

This isn't my view on this whole thing. I was just acknowledging all sides of the argument that I've been seeing. Personally, I 100% support Disney in doing this. It's a big step toward the right path.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
why does this have to be a "touchy subject"

the less we treat it like that, the more air we take out of something that isn't a big deal.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Because it is. It's inevitable. People have varying opinions, especially when religion comes to play. Same thing with racism and prejudice. It's unfortunate, but true.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^This.

why does this have to be a "touchy subject"

the less we treat it like that, the more air we take out of something that isn't a big deal.

What you're describing, We're still trying to do that with Women and African Americans after 50 years. Even after the inevitable universal legalisation of same-sex marriage, it will probably take at least another few years to fully blow over like that.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
when the day comes that this topic doesn't need its own thread, we will live in acceptance of people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back