• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Disney Acquires Marvel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I doubt Disney would interfere with things on a production level, this is just business. You should realise that Disney also owns Miramax, the film studio, and look at some of their releases.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Two threads for this? Really?

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
I would question why it's even in the Kingdom Hearts section. The odds of a Marvel character appearing in any of the games are incredibly low. If anything, that other thread should simply be deleted.

But hey, whatever. Maybe now we can watch Donald and the Green Lantern duke it out.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Disney has been on a mission for world domination for a long time. <Sigh>

When I saw this article on the front page of yahoo I teared up a bit lol. I really do hope this is just business and doesn't change anything on the production level. I am hoping that nothing changes but the owner.

Kind of makes you wonder though, MARVEL characters are all at Universal Studios and Island of Adventures. I mean, they have a whole part of the theme park dedicated to MARVEL. Will they stay there? o_O

Riel said:
But hey, whatever. Maybe now we can watch Donald and the Green Lantern duke it out.

Green Lantern is DC :/

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I would question why it's even in the Kingdom Hearts section. The odds of a Marvel character appearing in any of the games are incredibly low. If anything, that other thread should simply be deleted.
The Marvel characters are now apart of the Disney library. All they have to do is pay Marvel a small fee and they can do whatever they like with the characters. Pirates of the Caribbean made an appearance, so never say never.

When I saw this article on the front page of yahoo I teared up a bit lol. I really do hope this is just business and doesn't change anything on the production level. I am hoping that nothing changes but the owner.
It'll be a subsidiary. Warner has no direct influence in what DC does (TDK comes out and makes a $1Billion, DC still kill Bruce Wayne) so expect the same behaviour from Disney. However, if Disney replace Joe Quesada or get rid of this Dark Reign bullshit, I won't be complaining.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Pirates of the Caribbean in KH was based on a Disney theme park ride that was turned into an original Disney film, so that's a little different.
You've got it the other way around. The KH world was based on the movie which was based on the ride.

My point was no one would have expected it to be featured in KH, regardless of it's ties to Disney. It was a live action movie and all precedent pointed to them only using cartoon features.
Anyway, leave the KH related talk for the KH thread. That was the point.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
You've got it the other way around. The KH world was based on the movie which was based on the ride.

<.< That's exactly what I said. I guess I just worded it a bit wrong. The ride came first, then the movie, then the movie that was based on the ride was put in the game.

My point was no one would have expected it to be featured in KH, regardless of it's ties to Disney.

It wasn't unexpected for me. Disney characters featured in KH are from Disney regardless of being live action or not. The unexpected main idea of crossing a SE FF type of game with Disney left the door open for many other possibilities, but within the bounds of the two realms (Disney and Square-Enix). Tron too was a Live Action film of sorts.

Anyway, leave the KH related talk for the KH thread. That was the point.

I suppose

kago

I just heard this on the news. I love Disney, but i hope they don't mess with the Marvel characters, cause Marvel is my other love for comics/animation. They don't belong together, except in my room. I bet we will be seeing Marvel toys in the Disney stores now.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I just heard this on the news. I love Disney, but i hope they don't mess with the Marvel characters, cause Marvel is my other love for comics/animation. They don't belong together, except in my room. I bet we will be seeing Marvel toys in the Disney stores now.

Disney is a freakin' dictatorship and they will stick their filthy money hungry hands in the cookie jar and mess at least one thing up.

Shade737

Silver Member
I wonder if they will limit Deadpool from being the crazy guy that he is.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
You guys ever heard of Miramax or Touchstone?

Yeah, guess who owns them.

Eh, yeah. Disney owns a lot of things. They even have shares in the adult entertainment industry.

The thing with Touchstone pictures though is that they are actually Disney films just a smaller division. Alternate name for films that they didn't exactly thing would fit under their "family friendly" Disney name. So touchstone has been Disney from the start.

Miramax wasn't even established that long before Disney purchased it.

Disney owns a lot and whatever they do have ownership in, even if it's only a part, they are actively involved in. That's one thing I never really liked about Disney. They are one of the most greedy companies out there.

I mean, most businesses are greedy but Disney is ruthless with their business practices lol

Last edited:

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
I don't think its going to affect Marvel in terms of what they do, but i think its going to affect Universal because hell three of there biggest rides is associates to Marvel.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
The thing with Touchstone pictures though is that they are actually Disney films just a smaller division. Alternate name for films that they didn't exactly thing would fit under their "family friendly" Disney name.
Right, so it's Disney by way of ownership. Just like Marvel.

So what gives you the idea that Disney going to get all Hitler and bring back the Comics Code Authority?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back