• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Disney Acquires Marvel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myxomatosis

mmm...I wouldn't like to see MArvel in Disney stuff...i mean i just can't imagine it.

tho it may be funny, i don't wanna see Sora Fightin with Ironman :D

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
It's very, very unlikely there will be any crossovers. It's like Stooge said, Warner Bros. owns DC and you don't see Bugs Bunny shaking hands with superman. The two cultures, disney and marvel, are very different. While Mickey Mouse and his pals are all sweet and cuddly, the heroes out of Marvel are very dimensional with actual lives, feelings, and varying personalities. It would feel very awkward to see the two mixed. This is deal is all about money, not content.

EDIT: gamesradar has an interesting article on the subject here.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Not really worried about the rating. It's more so the quality of the movies. As long as Marvel Studios is working on the films and not Walt Disney Pictures. That's all. Marvel Studios started in the right direction with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk I would like to see their work continue that way. I mean sure Disney could contribute in a positive way to the films but I am happy with Marvel Studios now unlike the jobs that Sony, Fox, and the others have done :/

I wonder if we'll be seeing "Walt Disney Pictures" logos in addition to Marvel Studios before Iron Man 2 next year. =p
Probably, considering Disney has a lot to offer with both theatrical and home video release and distribution. It'd be stupid to think that Disney wouldn't want to get involved with the movies, it's probably the most appealing thing to them ever since The Dark Knight brought in $1 Billion. But as far as mandating what goes and what doesn't, I don't think they'll be nearly as tough as most people assume.

But Disney can't come into play with most movies until their existing contracts expire. Iron Man already has deals with Paramount and Hulk with Universal. So Thor and Avengers will probably be Disney.

Also, I just wanted to point out that I've noticed there has been a lot of overreaction regarding this buyout and from people it doesn't really concern. I understand that a lot of people have an affinity for the characters, growing up with the animated shows but that's all you have. That and the movies. And it should be noted that most of these movies and tv shows were made without any input from Marvel at all.
Whereas I regularly buy products from Marvel and have a continued interest in buying products from Marvel so this does affect me and I wasn't worried one bit.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It's like Stooge said, Warner Bros. owns DC and you don't see Bugs Bunny shaking hands with superman.

YouTube - the green loontern - 1

Also:

Superman_TTA.jpg

Trag

Bronze Member
If anything they'll add to Marvels excellence. It seems like a very symbiotic relationship.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
They better not fuck up with Marvel.
i would like to know what your issue is, because:

Also, I just wanted to point out that I've noticed there has been a lot of overreaction regarding this buyout and from people it doesn't really concern. I understand that a lot of people have an affinity for the characters, growing up with the animated shows but that's all you have. That and the movies. And it should be noted that most of these movies and tv shows were made without any input from Marvel at all.
Whereas I regularly buy products from Marvel and have a continued interest in buying products from Marvel so this does affect me and I wasn't worried one bit.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Yeah what you said. This issue has been an uproar lately by many comic-book fans throughout the net or maybe the world. At first I was like, of all companies why Disney? And then it grew on me, if this means giving Marvel proper funding and contributions without fucking with them then that's cool with me.

And I don't think the term Disney is appealing much to the comic-book fans because the majority was too quick to judge.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
really? because i'm a member on iFanboy, i read the comments on Comic Book Resources and Newsarama and i was on /co/ at the time it was announced and only a very small portion of the community reacted negatively.

you're a reader?

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Nah... Just based my observation on various sites regarding this issue, including IGN. Pretty much I encountered are say about approximately 50-60% of the feedback regarding this issue are all negative setbacks. Which probably the term Disney comes to play.

But that was about last week if I remember correctly, dunno what is the current now. And I admit I was one of the population that reacted negatively towards this issue but short-lived. Because like I said, so long as Disney knows its place, then we won't have any problems.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
if you're not a comic book reader, then what is there for you to react negatively about? other than movies like Iron Man and Hulk, Marvel have no input with the movies based on their characters, nor the tv series. the only real thing that Disney can interfere with is Marvel, the comic book publisher. Marvel Studios (Avengers movies, etc) are gearing their films for the same audience Disney wants, too.

and IGN is full of idiots that think Venom is a Top Ten Villian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back