• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Disney Acquires Marvel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I don't think its going to affect Marvel in terms of what they do, but i think its going to affect Universal because hell three of there biggest rides is associates to Marvel.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about as well. Island of Adventures especially.

Right, so it's Disney by way of ownership. Just like Marvel.

Not quite. Touchstone was never separate. It wasn't like some other companies that were independent at first and then Disney came along and bought it out. It's always been Disney. Just think of it as Disney's middle name.

So what gives you the idea that Disney going to get all Hitler and bring back the Comics Code Authority?

I'm hoping it wont come down to this, but Disney has a track record for doing that sort of thing.

kago

Disney is a freakin' dictatorship and they will stick their filthy money hungry hands in the cookie jar and mess at least one thing up.

Of course they're going to buy what they can, it's called business (make money). But they don't mess with everything they own, that's why i'm hoping they don't mess with Marvel characters.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Not quite. Touchstone was never separate. It wasn't like some other companies that were independent at first and then Disney came along and bought it out. It's always been Disney. Just think of it as Disney's middle name.
Point still applies. Disney isn't altogether family friendly.

I'm hoping it wont come down to this, but Disney has a track record for doing that sort of thing.
Marvel was through bankruptcy during the 90's and possible buyers included Michael Jackson (I'm really not shitting you here.). Ever since the 00's, the company's been one the up and up and is dominating the market share of the direct market. Why would Disney interfere with something already successful?

For information relating to Marvel's other licences and contracts, read this:
IGN: Disney Buys Marvel
It basically says they'll honor them for now but when they expire they won't renew.

Personally, I really liked this bit: "Disney has reported lots of enthusiasm in internal talks between Pixar and Marvel."
Pixar Fantastic Four movie? Fuck yeah.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
well the good thing about it is that we can have better shows on the disney channel that doesn't involve Hanna Montana or any of the crap they have right now.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Point still applies. Disney isn't altogether family friendly.

Oh I know. I never disputed that fact.

Personally, I really liked this bit: "Disney has reported lots of enthusiasm in internal talks between Pixar and Marvel."
Pixar Fantastic Four movie? Fuck yeah.

I was never too much a fan of the Fantastic Four so that's like, meh to me. A pixar Fantastic Four movie is believable though. I could see it happening. Somewhat like the Incredibles. It could be fun if done right.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I think Pixar could do wonders with some franchises. Fuck, imagine a movie based on the Ultimate Spider-Man comic.

Oh, that would be cool.

Xattm

I agree with everyone here. Its just a business. I really doubt disney is going to interfere in any way with the comics or the movies for that matter. when we see spider man teaming up with hannah montana, then we can worry.

kago

I think Pixar could do wonders with some franchises. Fuck, imagine a movie based on the Ultimate Spider-Man comic.

Oh, that would be cool.

I was about to say that it would be cool if a Spider-Man movie would be made. Of course if done right though.

I agree with everyone here. Its just a business. I really doubt disney is going to interfere in any way with the comics or the movies for that matter. when we see spider man teaming up with hannah montana, then we can worry.

Lol! I think the world would come to an end if that happened.

Xattm

I was about to say that it would be cool if a Spider-Man movie would be made. Of course if done right though.

Lol! I think the world would come to an end if that happened.

lol, agreed. but it would be intersting if pixar did something with marvel in terms of a movie.

Guernsey

Awards
I hope Disney Channel characters don't appear in any Marvel movie, that would be bad.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Sound Off: Do You Want to See Pixar Make Marvel Movies? « FirstShowing.net

And the discussion continues. Disney makes some good movies, making a Marvel [animated] film may not be a bad idea if they don't downplay everything for the 5 year old audience.

I'd rather they keep their hands out of the live action films though. I mean, Marvel Studios just started their new line of films and finally we are seeing a set of Marvel movies that come out pretty damn good. I would like to see them continue down that road without any interference from Disney visionaries.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I'd rather they keep their hands out of the live action films though. I mean, Marvel Studios just started their new line of films and finally we are seeing a set of Marvel movies that come out pretty damn good. I would like to see them continue down that road without any interference from Disney visionaries.
Pirates was PG-13. Iron Man was PG-13.

Disney Acquires Marvel - UPDATED - Comic Book Resources

Here's an article for anyone wondering how the the companies will relate to each other.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Pirates was PG-13. Iron Man was PG-13.

Not really worried about the rating. It's more so the quality of the movies. As long as Marvel Studios is working on the films and not Walt Disney Pictures. That's all. Marvel Studios started in the right direction with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk I would like to see their work continue that way. I mean sure Disney could contribute in a positive way to the films but I am happy with Marvel Studios now unlike the jobs that Sony, Fox, and the others have done :/

I wonder if we'll be seeing "Walt Disney Pictures" logos in addition to Marvel Studios before Iron Man 2 next year. =p

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
At least it's good to know for certain that Disney'll be taking the hands-off approach to Marvel.

Also, lol. This now means it's Disney vs DC. That's a lot to contend against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back