• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

disk cleaning?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

impart

Climb The Sky
Okay so i have a aPS1 game, and i dont know whats wrong with it cause it used to work but now it dosnt.... can someone tell me how to clean it without having to go and buy a disk cleaner kit?

My friend told me to put tape on the sides but....it didn't work :(

I herd you can clean it with white toothpaste????

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Why the heck would putting tape on it work? Anyway... well perhaps try wax of some sort, like... well hair wax would probably help, most of those cleaning things are pretty much like that anyway?

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Disk cleaning kits aren't that expensive, no? Better use that before you try out something stupid that will damage the disc further.

You also might want to see if there's a problem with your console instead of the disc.

UnnamedPerson

Awards
I've heard of the toothpaste one aswell, but its best to use a wet Tissue and wipe the disc from the center outwards then do the same with a dry tissue to dry it off. It cleans any dust or dirt off the disk, and I know it works because Ive done it before.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Okay so i have a aPS1 game, and i dont know whats wrong with it cause it used to work but now it dosnt.... can someone tell me how to clean it without having to go and buy a disk cleaner kit?

My friend told me to put tape on the sides but....it didn't work :(

I herd you can clean it with white toothpaste????

Wheres the funny?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Here's a little-known tip I read on some IRC channel back in the day. What you do is take the scratched disk and put it in a microwave oven for only seven seconds. You'll melt it if you put it in for any longer! Make sure let it cool down a bit before you try to take it out unless you want hot plastic on your fingers. That also gives time for the melted plastic to settle into a smooth surface. When you take it out, it should work like new.

impart

Climb The Sky
k. i used toothpaste. thank's to those of you that helped :)

i found out that the cover of the disk was cut with like an exacto knife or sompthing? and it started to peel off witch seemed really bad. so i bought a replacement disc witch works :)

also my ps2 is really old and it does have allot of dust in it (that im not sure how to get out) and i think that makes it harder for it to read disks :(

ps: I used toothpaste on a diffrent scratched disk and it worked :)

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Here's a little-known tip I read on some IRC channel back in the day. What you do is take the scratched disk and put it in a microwave oven for only seven seconds. You'll melt it if you put it in for any longer! Make sure let it cool down a bit before you try to take it out unless you want hot plastic on your fingers. That also gives time for the melted plastic to settle into a smooth surface. When you take it out, it should work like new.

Were you serious when you said that?

Thats a terrible idea its only going to completly fry the disk. It completly kills it. Plus microwaves only heat moisture. Molten plastic?! Thats completly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back