• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Discussion on LUX Adjustments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bankai8299

Awards
There is only a problem of having 3 less 0s in your score.

If anything, it helps weaker players a lot. Allowing them to earn the minimum base value, rather than an amount lower than it. Plus just they can just earn LUX with 1BP hits as well, allowing them to earn more with fewer potions.
i feel a new social gap arising soon though

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
i feel a new social gap arising soon though

Why would there be a gap when all the game does is divide all values by 1000? And even help weaker players to gain more with the minimum base.

If you are talking about gap, stay tune to Thursday when the x5 boosted cards and Second Chance surfaced. You do not want to see the top rankings then......

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
i can't stand this new system i had just set up a run for the old lux mechanic when this was announced to earn 25000 a day and only play during lut 3 times a week and they set this thing in motion i feel like quitting the game for a while this might f**k me over too much i feel like waiting this out

Please tell us more why exactly you dislike the new Lux system. As Kaz said, it's simply taking 3 zeroes from the Lux drop and Lux checkpoints.

In many of your posts you seem to only be complaining without giving clear reasons or possible suggestions, or whining about "social gap". This isn't how we roll. If you don't feel like playing, by all means don't play, but don't go about spreading negativity among those who still want to play.

Eir

Awards
Solo said:
Please tell us more why exactly you dislike the new Lux system. As Kaz said, it's simply taking 3 zeroes from the Lux drop and Lux checkpoints.

I've decided I don't like it either. But not because of the 1/1000 change. Not sure how to word it exactly, but its to do with the whole earning the same amount of Lux thing we were talking about yesterday despite the variances in damage.

Before as the chain would rise and thus the damage, so would the amount of Lux you would get. Now it just doesn't seem to matter. Occasionally you'll get the odd instance where the Base Lux increases and you get more but that hasn't been happening too often for me.

Quite frankly it just feels like I'm wasting my Ethers now.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I think I understand that. The pretty much "fixed" Lux is a little bit funny and can feel somewhat unrewarding, but I tend to see it as a method of balancing the gameplay experience between veterans and beginners (and also intermediate players).

Also, I noticed from yesterday that the chain damage is capped at a certain point. Has it always been like this, or did chain damage actually keep increasing in the past?

Tigerruss

Awards
I think I understand that. The pretty much "fixed" Lux is a little bit funny and can feel somewhat unrewarding, but I tend to see it as a method of balancing the gameplay experience between veterans and beginners (and also intermediate players).

Also, I noticed from yesterday that the chain damage is capped at a certain point. Has it always been like this, or did chain damage actually keep increasing in the past?

A long time ago it was capped at 20 chains, though I think at one point they either removed or raised the chain cap.

Edit: And about the lux adjustments, while I do think deflation was a good idea, I am not sure 1/1000th was a good idea. Since like you guys have been noticing it is a bit hard to change base lux.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
From my observation, if you add the 3 zeros back to everyone's earning and take a look at the current rankings, people are actually earning more.

As for chains, I remember that the formula for its damage calculation has a (/20) somewhere that's why the first exponential jump is at 20 chain. But after like 50, 60 or even above 100 chain, the damage is definitely still rising.

And the current problem with the lux is definitely the developers' fault. They are too lazy and simply just divide everything by 1000 and slap a base to it. "Oh if I divide a Shadow's lux by 1000 I will only get decimals! Oh well let's just make it 1." There are no adjustments of our damage to the boss, readjustment of the damage and lux formula, or anything. Hoping they will do something soon.

Awards
^ that's true. Adding 3 zeros to my current LUX would give me the same amount I had at the end of last week.

I'm also on the 8th spot on my team, but I can easily surpass the 7th place if the guy is not on during any of the LUTs. I'm not a top player so I find this new system to be so much fairer to me. Also I figured doing 3BP with the weaker guys and then switch to 1BP for the stronger guys (in the 2-hour LUT) to be a very good method. I gain a lot of LUX doing this at my current strenght level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back