• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Discussion on LUX Adjustments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

serenefire

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Walkthrough Help

That can't be it then, I'm running on 374K/370K at the moment.

Oh well, I'll just continue with my earlier plan for now. Hit stuff till it dies. :p

Are you using Olympia? Because I'm using Treasure Trove.

Eir

Awards

Nope, I'm using Treasure Trove as well.

And Solo, I thought it might've been that, but take a look at this:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So I dunno what happened before but apparently my normal Base Lux should be 78 and not whatever it was before. Doesn't seem to be skill/damage related.

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

That's interesting. Really interesting. That really is the same phenomenon that I've been observing.

I tested 8 consecutive 1 BP attacks on a L202 sub, out of LUT and with 1657% gain. Bonus damage was 0 and chain damage increase was negligible. These are my findings.

1st attack: damage 1544624, base 216, total 3580
2nd attack: damage 1573241, base 216, total 3580
3rd attack: damage 1575923, base 216, total 3580
4th attack: damage 1482638, base 216, total 3580
5th attack: damage 1325613, base 216, total 3580
6th attack: damage 1504718, base 216, total 3580
7th attack: damage 1531392, base 216, total 3580
8th attack: damage 1930472, base 216, total 3580

I have one damage outlier there on the 8th attack, being 1.9 million as opposed to 1.4 to 1.5 million, but I still made the same amount of Lux.

Zero_Rock

Awards

Uhh, how do you increase your base LUX? mine is at 9...

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

Just woke up and there is so many numbers on this thread.

But I don't think you guys have mentioned that the higher level the raid boss the higher the base Lux.

Can we all agree to do this:

Tomorrow, after midnight today, we all do 2 x 1BP, 1 x 2BP and 2 x 3 BP hit on a normal boss from level 80~90. Then again on a normal boss on level 150-160. Keep your attack and assist deck and the skills constant for all attacks, your boosts as well.

Report on your stats, the turns you lasted, total damage dealt and the Lux base.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I could have sworn I replied to Zero Rock's post... *rummage rummage*

THERE. On another thread, haha. How did it even end up there!? <_< (Edit: Kaz must have missed this one when moving posts.)

Uhh, how do you increase your base LUX? mine is at 9...

From what I can tell, the LUX system seems to be really messed up, huh? I'm not that strong, but I'm doing 3BP attacks on low-level bosses and only getting 1 base LUX. It's pretty consistent, even though I'm using a deck of SR and SR+ cards.

I tend to think that the only two ways you can increase your base Lux accumulation are by getting stronger and hitting high-level bosses, especially subs. After all, the base Lux you make by attacking bosses are in direct relationship with the damage you deal and the boss level. It might be that you haven't broken the 10 Lux barrier yet, so the game rounds it up to 10.

Also, not to break the topic of conversation, but there's something in the weekly missions I don't really understand. There are missions to "Defeat Heartless through Guilt help". Exactly what does this mean? The icon is for the heartless hunting missions, but doesn't guilt damage only apply to Raid Bosses? I don't think I've ever noticed these missions before, but I want to know if I can get the rewards.

That means what it says: defeat Heartless while in Guilt help mode. You know the Guilt help feature in which you fill one of your teammates' Guilt by killing the Heartless yourself? That's what you have to do to make it count.

Also note that the Heartless doesn't have to drop Guilt pieces for your kill count to increase; as long as you're killing Heartless that are currently in the Guilt list, you're good to go. This way you can still benefit from "helping" those who have already had all their Guilt maxed out.

For the benefit of those who find it hard to reach higher-level subs, allow me to help out by comparing the base Lux given by subs that show up during the next LUT (7pm) and the 2-hour LUT; there's bound to be differences in sub level.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I've done some experiments with subs between level 273 and 303. Here are the results.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Note that the base Lux increases with sub level. Another interesting observation is that I make more Lux with 3 x1 attacks than with 1 x4 attack.

In the L273 experiment, I'm not very sure as to why the base Lux on my second x2.5 attack was higher.

Some guy

Soooooooooooooo, here's another theory (kinda) on what's going on: there's a fixed base lux (which increases with boss lv) awarded for a certain damage range ...

These are not the actual number, but for example 1,000,000 to 1,500,000 give 50 base; 1,500,000 to 2,500,000 give 100 base; etc. So it might be better to stick to 1BP or 2BP attacks if the 3BP attack can't go high enough.

Thoughts?

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah....just tested it out myself:

1BP: 301 base LUX (same result for 3 tries, each giving different damage but same base)

3BP: 753 base LUX if I lasted less than 6 turns. 904 when I managed to last 6 turns.

serenefire

Awards
Yeah, I make more LUX with 1BP attacks. I garbled this out in English in the RB chat and some other people tried it to varied results. Some seem to make more with the 3BP still.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

Hmm...there are some party members of mine that still earn more with 3BP. Although we are deducing that this is because they are equipping the advantage keyblade. I'm still using Lady Luck right now.

Awards
My base LUX is at 67 (now 71). And I still get that same base LUX at 1BP, 2BP and 3BP. It makes no diference to me. I see the math you guys did but to me it all gives me the same amount.

The only diference is that I make 1383 (now 1468; see below) LUX today comparing to the 590 LUX of yesterday. And my deck got switched around very slightly.

Not concerned over the amount of LUX I make but the fact I make the same no mather how much BP I use.

The only thing influencing my base LUX is the level of the subs/normal raid bosses

3BP, 2BP and 1 BP:

2vu0ns6.png

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

Ok I give up analyzing.

With a fully boosted Speed deck, I changed my keyblade to Olympia, which is the current advantage keyblade. And the base LUX is still the same result as equipping Lady Luck.

Edit: Didn't realize that I have been posting in the wrong thread.

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Because you moved your post, I should have moved mine as well as it was written as a reply to yours... but I'll just quote it:

I'm just guessing, but probably it's also because of the damage dealt.

If you get killed earlier, like in 4 or 5 turns, and your skills barely activate, it's highly likely that you dealt less total damage. Under this assumption, it makes sense that you would make less Lux even with 3 1x attacks, especially if when using the x4 attack you managed to survive all 6 turns.

In addition, I did another experiment. I did 10 consecutive x4 attacks on a sub and here are the results; I'll just include the total damage (first value) and base Lux (second value).

8010548 / 899
6133375 / 599
6120852 / 599
5723932 / 599
6354420 / 599
6470167 / 749
7067479 / 749
7012448 / 749
6997419 / 749
7816408 / 749

I think what Some Guy said was right. There are damage ranges for base Lux gain... but I don't think we'd gain anything even if we figured out those ranges. XD

Awards
So what I get from what you said, and correct me if I'm wrong, because I do so little damage as x4 or x1, the damage itself is contained in a range that gives me the same amount of base LUX, like damage below 1,5k (or something) gives the same amount, whether I make 60000 or 100000. Other than glitch, that is the only explanation that seems plausible to my situation.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
So what I get from what you said, and correct me if I'm wrong, because I do so little damage as x4 or x1, the damage itself is contained in a range that gives me the same amount of base LUX, like damage below 1,5k (or something) gives the same amount, whether I make 60000 or 100000. Other than glitch, that is the only explanation that seems plausible to my situation.

This is most likely the case. As you can see from my findings above, the range could be pretty huge, spanning over 1 million points of damage. It's possible that 60,000 and 100,000 fall within the same range, thus giving you the same amount of base Lux.

If that's the case, you'll want to stick with x1 attacks. You'll gain more Lux per BP spent that way.

Awards
Okay, I think that's really what's up. I just did a regular raid boss and a sub without LUT. This were the results:

Normal Raid boss: x5 free attack (Left), x1 (Right)

1zvfvpt.png

Sub boss: x5 free attack (Left), x1 (Right)

14n3dyp.png

Not sure if the attack bonus make it on the stats but I managed to get double base LUX that way. I guess the harder the boss get, the lesser I can strike and the lower damage I make which in turn downgrades my attack to a lower range of LUX that oh so happens to give me the same LUX amount as my weakest attack (the 1BP one).

I think 1BP for the stronger raid bosses it is for me then.

EDIT: This one limit is at 1,600,000 I figured. I did x5 with ~1,800,000 of damage again and the base went up to 12 LUX. I did x4 and did ~1,499,000 and it gave me base 6 LUX.

Last edited:

bankai8299

Awards
i can't stand this new system i had just set up a run for the old lux mechanic when this was announced to earn 25000 a day and only play during lut 3 times a week and they set this thing in motion i feel like quitting the game for a while this might f**k me over too much i feel like waiting this out

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
i can't stand this new system i had just set up a run for the old lux mechanic when this was announced to earn 25000 a day and only play during lut 3 times a week and they set this thing in motion i feel like quitting the game for a while this might f**k me over too much i feel like waiting this out

There is only a problem of having 3 less 0s in your score.

If anything, it helps weaker players a lot. Allowing them to earn the minimum base value, rather than an amount lower than it. Plus just they can just earn LUX with 1BP hits as well, allowing them to earn more with fewer potions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back