• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disc cannot be read

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Mega:.

Awards
I just tried out my new copy of BBS today, but for some reason my PSP won't read the disc. The PSP is on firmware 6.20, and the game is brand new, so I don't understand what's up.

Anyone got suggestions? 8C

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Do any of your friends have Birth by Sleep? I would ask them if you could borrow theirs for a second to see if their copies work on your PSP so you definitely know it's a fault with your particular copy and not your PSP/firmware in general.

In the meantime I would breathe on the UMD and try to load it again. It seems to work for PS2 discs so it might work for UMDs.

Awards
Well, my PSP /will/ load Lunar, so that's what's confusing me. Do you think a firmware update might work? :|a

EDIT: Updating didn't work. Other UMDs work fine, but I don't have anyone who I could possibly borrow BBS from. I just want to know if there's a way to fix this. ><;;

Last edited:

Awards
Aye, I did that. I think I got a faulty copy after all, though, because it's got the video symbol on the UMD instead of the game one and PSP emblem.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Aye, I did that. I think I got a faulty copy after all, though, because it's got the video symbol on the UMD instead of the game one and PSP emblem.

Some BBS copies have that symbol, for some reason. I believe mine does, too (playing it now, so I can't check yet), and it plays fine. From what I hear, those who had copies with movie symbols are able to play the game fine, as well.
It's possible something happened during shipment that damaged the UMD, so I would contact Amazon and explain the situation. They should be able to replace your game with no cost to you.

歩 Ayumu

Yeah, definitely sounds like a faulty copy. Amazon will probably pay for dirt cheap shipping, so expect a delay on receiving your game. :C

Awards
I'm debating whether to get an exchange or a refund. My main concern is that if I /do/ exchange, I might have to wait a whole extra week to get the copy, and after waiting to get the faulty one, I honestly just want a working copy ASAP and would rather not wait too long. :|a Honestly, it's tempting to just get a refund and then buy one from gamestop, though I still find it odd that the UMD won't play because it looks like it's in perfect condition. Other UMDs run, too.

Awards
True, but at least I'd have a working copy. Besides, I paid with a giftcard, so I'd just get giftcard money back.

Honestly, I just can't figure out any other way to get it to work. If other discs run, and this one is spotless, what other reason could there be for the disc read error?

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
True, but at least I'd have a working copy. Besides, I paid with a giftcard, so I'd just get giftcard money back.

Honestly, I just can't figure out any other way to get it to work. If other discs run, and this one is spotless, what other reason could there be for the disc read error?

That's true. A refund probably is your best option; even if it takes a week, at least you won't run the risk of it getting damaged during shipping. Like you said, a guaranteed working copy.

Yeah, definitely sounds like a UMD problem. :/

歩 Ayumu

Did you pay anything for shipping? If so, I don't think they will refund that. Also, they may try to charge your account $10 for the gaming credit they give out for purchases on KHBBS. If you haven't used it yet, you should be safe.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
歩 Ayumu;5267789 said:
Did you pay anything for shipping? If so, I don't think they will refund that. Also, they may try to charge your account $10 for the gaming credit they give out for purchases on KHBBS. If you haven't used it yet, you should be safe.

Oh yeah, I don't think they refund shipping. Forgot about that.

歩 Ayumu

This may be a long shot, but are you a college student by chance? If so, this may be of interest:

Amazon Student

Free 2-day shipping on anything they fulfill themselves :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back