• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disappointment in Square's Recent "Performance"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitas

Is anybody else kinda upset over the way Square is handling the localization of kh3d? Like i've stated in other threads, Final Fantasy XIII-2, a ps3 game, only took about a month between the Japanese and NA releases. Furthermore, the american release date and the PAL release dates were within 3 days of each other.

Now on to 3D. Not only is a 3ds game coming out 4 months after the Japanese date, but also the difference between NA and PAL is 11 days. i'm not even upset at the fact that europe gets it first, in fact i am happy for them, but 11 days seems kinda obscure when the localization is happening in America.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but this series is my favorite, and with Square's (general) downward trend (at least according to critics) lately, i feel as though they aren't doing themselves any favors.

What do you guys think?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think it's fine, really. For Days, Europe/PAL got it a few weeks after, KH II was a few months after the US release.It's just one game so far. If they continue to act like this with other high profile games, then I believe you can comment on the.... unfair dates.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Lol Americans.

Pathetic. The PAL region usually gets screwed over a lot harder than NTSC, and we bare with it. It's nice for it to be like this for a change.
And seriously? 11 days? Yucomplain?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I could be better. A lot better, but I'm not gonna complain. Although 4 months seems way to long imo, if it keeps happening then I'll rage. As far as Europe getting it early... eh I kinda don't care. Good for them I guess. I just don't see why they can't come out at the same time. Oh well, it's not like I haven't spoiled the game to death anyways

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Considering BBS released in JAP in Jan. and Sept. in NA, and 3D released in March in JAP and will be in all other regions in July... I am very happy about how localization is going.

And you're bitching about 11 days. Why the fuck does 11 days matter?

KevVentus

Yeah, I don't see any room for complaining here. The wait could have been a lot longer, and as others have said Europe has gotten screwed over plenty of times with the releases in the series. Can't they have 11 days?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is anybody else kinda upset over the way Square is handling the localization of kh3d? Like i've stated in other threads, Final Fantasy XIII-2, a ps3 game, only took about a month between the Japanese and NA releases. Furthermore, the american release date and the PAL release dates were within 3 days of each other.

The localization time was fast. A four month wait is better than eight (even though localization for BBS was only half that time and the rest was something else), and then there is the fact that Square Enix is releasing a ton of other games just before KH3D's release. Not to mention schedules they have to follow...

Now on to 3D. Not only is a 3ds game coming out 4 months after the Japanese date, but also the difference between NA and PAL is 11 days. i'm not even upset at the fact that europe gets it first, in fact i am happy for them, but 11 days seems kinda obscure when the localization is happening in America.

It's the way the dates played out, I'm sure. The reason would probably go over our heads.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but this series is my favorite, and with Square's (general) downward trend (at least according to critics) lately, i feel as though they aren't doing themselves any favors.

Yes, because a game coming out in Summer will hurt the sales TERRIBLY.

Really, besides us fans that pay attention to this stuff, barely anybody even knows the game is coming out in July. There will be thousands of fans that will be genuinely shocked over this games existence, and shocked about how soon it is coming out. :\

What do you guys think?

We should be glad we're getting a game?

Square Enix could just shut down tomorrow because they start whining over how people can't appreciate what they are given and we'd never get the game. Truly, us fans are owed nothing from Square Enix. They make us games. The least we could do is respect them for their decisions.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Square Enix could just shut down tomorrow because they start whining over how people can't appreciate what they are given and we'd never get the game. Truly, us fans are owed nothing from Square Enix. They make us games. The least we could do is respect them for their decisions.

Agreed, if we complain about little stuff like this we'll end up worse then all the Mass Effect fans

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Be happy we're getting anything at all.

I feel like he is complaining more about the 4 month wait than the 11 day wait.

Perhaps, but it's clear that he wouldn't have made this thread if the release date for NA was earlier than that of EU and PAL.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
For some reason I have the sudden urge to flip a table.

KH isn't a priority series like FF. It's a popular series but not enough to be called a "staple" in gaming so it wouldn't get put out there as fast because there aren't as many fans looking forward to it. That, and timing is every thing, via, they're releasing it in NA and Europe in the Summer when it will sell more.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Implying the people at Square don't have jobs that we pay for (at least in part) by consuming their products. Any responsible company is answerable (at least in part) to its target consumer base. Look at Sony.

I'm more unhappy about the gap between the Japanese and North American release dates. I don't see why Europe and North America couldn't get the game as a same-day release, but that doesn't bother me so much. On the whole, I feel that with the notion of simultaneous localization should come the notion of simultaneous release, so I'm a bit disheartened by the long wait between game releases, particularly as there has been so little news or promotion on SENA's part; we had approximately a year of build-up in Japan, in America I think we can expect maybe two weeks to a month. Given that, I think it's perfectly valid for you to voice your dissatisfaction, and I'm pretty much right there with you. I'm not really unhappy, but I do think Square and Square North America, in particular, could do better.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Check that off your bucket list.

I had to stare at that for to stare at that for a minute to make out what it was lol.

A table has been flipped in spirit and I'm satisfied.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Localization on Final Fantasy XIII-2 was planned from the outset, so that's why it was faster.

I don't think the wait here is that bad, if you've been a fan of Square Enix or Squaresoft for a while.

As far as the difference between NA and EU? Probably logistical. That or deals they've made with retailers.

Ulicies

This is a handheld game. A JRPG handheld game. A JRPG handheld spinoff of a series that people complain about in the US for releasing too many spinoffs. A JRPG, handheld, spinoff game that people complain about for releasing too many spinoffs and for being too convoluted.

That doesn't really sound like a release worth investing tens of millions of dollars into. (i.e., advertising, priority shipment/localization protocols, etc.)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
This is a handheld game. A JRPG handheld game. A JRPG handheld spinoff of a series that people complain about in the US for releasing too many spinoffs. A JRPG, handheld, spinoff game that people complain about for releasing too many spinoffs and for being too convoluted.

That doesn't really sound like a release worth investing tens of millions of dollars into. (i.e., advertising, priority shipment/localization protocols, etc.)
While all of this is basically true (if a bit hyperbolic, KH is actually one of the more popular game franchises for the genre and is regularly critically acclaimed), I don't think a devout fan of the series is necessarily meant to rationalize why it isn't being shown as much attention as it could be, ideally. At least for me, it's much more rewarding to criticize every little mishandling of the game saga as it is liekomg the best thing evar rather than giving voice to all of the perfectly legitimate reasons it's not being shown the attention to detail a major blockbuster (by video game standards) release would be. Which isn't to say you're wrong, just that I don't actually, as a consumer, care about any of that. I want what I want and I want it my way, now.

Basically, I'll be happy if, when/if KH3 is developed, there is a large blimp in every major city in the world announcing its imminent release while jets drop care packages of Sora, Donald and Goofy plushies and heart-shaped hot air balloons with speakers broadcast orchestral arrangements from the series' musical scores so loudly buildings quake and windows shatter.

KevVentus

It's not a spinoff!!! At least in my eyes it isn't...

Honestly, I feel as if you're getting a little greedy. Ya just have to be patient. And I recommend not making Kingdom Hearts the only focus over the next four months. There's plenty of other stuff to do and appreciate that will keep your mind off the wait : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back