• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DirectTV dumps G4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
G4 hasn't been a gaming channel for a WHILE. Serves them right, their line-up is absolute shit compared to what it used to be. I still don't understand how this happened. How they went from an amazing gaming channel to a pile of shit with cops and cheaters sprinkled on top. I hope they take this as a wake-up call.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yeah I woke up this morning, turned on my TV, hit the GUIDE button, scrolled down the list and saw the big vacant space and the words plastered across - G4TV IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON DIRECTV. Well, hopefully E3 will be aired on another channel next year. Maybe Spike will take over the broadcast seeing as how all of a sudden a LARGE community suddenly lost the home for most of the coverage.

Or maybe by then I'll have a better computer and just not care and stream everything through there. Possibly Sony's new Internet TV? =O

Gram

Banned
Awards
haha! thats what they get, the channel aint nothing like it was.
now if only dish will dump them as well.

AlbertJ

Awards
I really, really miss the old G4. I hated what it became and I always hoped it would eventually go back. The closest thing it had was X-Play and that wasnt even as good as it used to be. Unless it goes back to its gaming roots, I wont miss it.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
My DVR used to be filled with shows from G4.
Past couple months, all that's been there is Attack of the Show, and lately, it's been sitting there unwatched.
I hope(Doubt it) that they get their shit together somehow, get their good line-up back, and come back to DirectTV.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
lol Doesn't surprise me. I gave up on this channel a few years ago. :( Shame, I recall loving this channel when I was in middle school.

Awards
The only things I watch on G4tv now is AOTS and Xplay, which is pretty sad.

I was also confused as to why they started adding a crap load of random shows like cops and cheaters.

And seriously if they show Robocop one more time I'm gonna rage quit.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
That channel was part of my childhood but unlike toonami they deserved this

i know, when toonami was taken away I raged like crazy :( but this is not saddened...more like expected and disappointing.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Eff! It just hit me now. They were planning to bring the new MARVEL animes to G4. Totally forgot about that. Oh well. Internet it is. That and E3 were the only things I had any remote interest in watching on G4 anymore.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I stopped watching G4 after they stopped Cinematech and all of their actual video game shows, the time they showed good movies, and when they merged with TechTV and showed tons of anime I fell in love with.

So now I could care less about G4 (considering E! is handling it and they don't know crap about video games or even the entertainment industry or they'd actually play good shows on their channel as well) and if it ends up being dropped by the cable companies, I won't care.

Spike and SyFy will probably pick up with things like E3, Comic Con, and I'm sure one of Disney's other networks will take over the Marvel Anime if they feel G4 won't have the audience for it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
God knows they killed me a little inside when they took that off. ='(

Toonami ending was one of my saddest moments. D: I loved my weekdays and Saturday nights being all about Toonami. They had the best shows. ;_;

That was still when Cartoon Network showed cartoons, and good ones to boot. D: And when they showed anime...good anime to boot. ;_;

Now I'm sad over Toonami.

But I could still care less if G4 was shut down. Who watches that channel anyways?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have uverse so, I don't give a damn. I only watch AOTS and X play anyway. Sometimes That's Tough since it's a moderately good show. Besides that, G4 is one of the shittiest channels. Need to bring TechTv back. I want my anime back.

Most want their anime back. TechTv and G4TechTv had made life good, then G4 just had to ruin it all and make their channel suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back