• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dine In Theatres

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
So a while back the movie theatre we frequented most often was renovated into a Dine-In Theatre. To be honest, it upset both my family and I. Movie theatres are already expensive enough, and now they went and made it even more expensive.

I wouldn't realize the repercussions of this until just a few weeks ago when deciding where to watch The Hunger Games. Apparently, no one under 18 is allowed into the theatre AT ALL UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.

What does this mean really? They've gone and alienated the entire teenage market. I'm sure all of us have gone to see a movie with a group of friends when we were younger. Herp derp. Can't do that anymore. What pisses me off the most is that this theatre used to be family friendly. They used to have this thing where they'd sell tickets at $5 per person if you came to see a movie before noon on the weekends.

I can see the appeal behind this, but overall I think it's a stupid idea. I got to the movies to kick back and see a movie. Last thing I need is to be interrupted by servers.

Anyone have any opinions?

Shawty

Awards
I think it's ridiculous, movie theatres got so expensive these days. We have to pay over €10 to see a movie, it used to be like 5 or 6 less than 3 years ago. That's why I only go to the movies in Belgium, since I live right next to the Belgian border it's a cheaper way to see a movie, it's €5 euro's cheaper, if not more. As for the Dine-in-Theatre idea I don't really understand the concept of it. The food you can get there is already expensive enough, so why bother expanding it. I don't see people spending that much money on such thing. Like you said, you go to the movies to see a movie.

Awards
:/ I personally think it was a bad idea, too... To just keep out all the teenagers seems bad for profits to me. I guess they don't want unsupervised minors in there? Are they afraid they'll misbehave or something?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
*reads comments*
Damn, didn't know movies were so expensive elsewhere. Around here it's just $8.50 for an Adult, and this is at a theater that has flipping leather recliners as seats.

This Dine In Theater... are you required to dine to see a movie? Or can you just buy a ticket and go watch without buying anything to eat? If you don't, I don't see the problem with it.
Except the 18+ only rule. That's stupid shit. I've been seeing movies with just friends since I was like eleven.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
They offer a full wine and cocktail bar thus the need for the 18+ rule.

You're not forced to purchase food while you watch a movie, but what's stopping the person next to you from ordering in the most inopportune time? God forbid they don't know what table manners are.

And yeah, theatres are expensive in general. I think I spent close to $40 when I went to see The Hunger Games with my younger brother. I think the tickets were $10 a pop the popcorn/soda combo we got was $18. It included 2 large sodas and a large tub of popcorn. You're allowed to refill anything large, but only the popcorn is worth it IMO.

You also have to take into account that movies nowadays come in various formats such as 3D and IMAX. So that $10 ticket is most likely going to double in cost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back