• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Digimon vs Pokemon (which one do prefer)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Hey, I like Pokemon and Digimon just the same but people are at each other throat saying Pokemon is better then Digimon! and or Digimon is better then Pokemon. I'm just wondering what came first? Which one rocks more and to end it all: WHY DO YOU LIKE ONE OVER ANOTHER! :confused: Also I love Digimon and Pokemon, so you wouldn't get a Pokemon is better or Digimon is better becasue I like both! Some like neither but that's fine. I just wanted to know which one is more liked. It's confusing 'cause I used to be in a 100% DIGIMON forum:) and I know alot of people there liked it better. And I just want to know what you guys picked. If you want to know mine, it's BOTH. So don't ask me Pokemon or Digimon (because it's hard to choose)!:confused:

Oh, just hanging out with Demy - HEY GET BACK HERE
I also like Pokemon and Digimon about the same, but I remember that I couldn't stand Digimon at first because it was SO much like Pokemon when it first started (there was even a Digimon that had the same name as another Pokemon did, only it had "mon" attached to it) , so it was like a rip-off. But as time went on, they actually weren't that similiar at all, so I began to like them too.

AngelicHeart

I would have to go with digimon. Digimon season 3 blow me away with its fantastic animation, storyline and detale used. The season final ways heartswarming, and I even cried. However, pokemon came out way befor digimon(even though Digimon's productation started in 1992). Pokemon sued bandai for the name "mon" being used in the title of Digimon. People seem to think that both digimon and pokemon are the same thing and they are not. Pokemon is a type of show that you can show for children and an older people. That rule is also the same for all the season of Digimon, however season three of digimon had a lot of stuff that children wouldn't understand like for example it has a lot of stuff about the japanese government. I didn't understand that part till after the 7th grade!!

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
For Video Games, I perfer Pokemon. The first Digimon game I bought was Digimon World 1 and it was the worst game I've ever bought but I have Pokemon Fire Red version and it's a lot better. As for anime, I'd say Digimon but only season 1 and 3, the other two sucked to me, especially season 2. The main thing I hate about Pokemon is that Ash can see a new pokemon and won't catch it, I mean, he's supposed to be collecting them on his pokedex and then there's Team Rocket, . . . don't get me started on Team Rocket.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
depends. digimon probably, since IT CAME FIRST
PPl say digi rode on pokemons coattails, but Digimon was around WAAAAAAY before pokemon.
digimon:
I liked 01 and 02, but tamers had a lot of useless characters: kazu, kenta, (sorry to say) Ryo.... But Renamon was kickbutt, and so was Jeri, so I watched it anyways....
Scanners was okay, but It was really bad as a dub... Give me fansubs anytime

Pokemon: I liked Johto champions, the music, and not much else. The manga from VIZ was cool though... and all the spinoffs... The games were addictive!!!!!

Krono

Website
teamrocket.deviantart.com
I like Pokemon more. Poekmon was the first anime thing I ever liked so it's sorta special to me. I can always watch it and not be that confused by it and stuff. I find it interesting. I only like one season of Digimon. That's season 4. Th only reason I actually like it is because tehre are a lot of cool characters like Kouji, Kouichi, Takuya, etc.

devangel

poke'mon has to be myne coz it has jirachi in it and jirachi is my fv and have him on my pokemon emerald!!XD!!! it rocks!!!although digimon is gud ui have to admit it is just a cheap-o nasty rip off of pokemon!!!!!

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Hmm...At first I despised Digimon cuz I thought they totally ripped off Pokemon. One day I was flipping through channels and Digimon was on. As soon as I saw Matt, I loved that show. Then I saw Takuya, Davis, Koji, and Older Tai and I loved Digimon even more*drool*. The only reason I watch Digimon is for the supreme hottness on that show.....it's kinda sad....-_-;

Hmmm...Pokemon....Well....when Pokemon games came out, I would go to my neighbors house just to play it. Then the anime came out and I loved it even more. Misty was my fave character cuz she always kicked Ash's arse and I didn't really like him back then. But NOW, with his tight new Hoenn clothes and his kick-arse Treeko(THAT EVOLVED!!! >_<) Ash is, dare I say it? HOT!! ^_^ Anyway, I also liked the Pokemon cuz they're so CUTE!!! ^o^ The one thing I hated was Team Rocket. At first I liked them, but as time passed, they started to get stupid and their motto annoying. Don't even get me started on the damn motto!!! >_<

All in all, I like Pokemon cuz of the anime and games. But I like Digimon for the supreme hottness. It's kinda a tie for me....I CAN'T DECIDE!!! >_<

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
devangel said:
poke'mon has to be myne coz it has jirachi in it and jirachi is my fv and have him on my pokemon emerald!!XD!!! it rocks!!!although digimon is gud ui have to admit it is just a cheap-o nasty rip off of pokemon!!!!!

did I not just say that Digimon came first?
Get your facts straight, learn to spell, then post

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
I like Digimon because it came first. Me and my friends were debating on Pokemon and Digimon on Go Petition and these Pokemon people were saying "Digimon is scum" and said that the person who liked it sucked. It was a girl named Rikann. She's one of my friends too and likes Digimon. So they were saying all these mean things to her 'cause she liked Digimon. I thought it was really stupid! (And no offense, they were too). Also that they always diss Digimon at my school and made fun of me for liking it. I think it's sad how some people can be but I prefer Digimon due to the fact that Pokemon is a fad to me and Digimon was just like any other anime. I like the Tai better then Ash and the people who voiced the character were sooooooo much better. Rika is better redhead then Misty and kicks alot more! I also like Sora (the redhead in season 1 and 2 and this one was a girl).

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
I always loved Matt... then he got a band... then I was OBSSESSED..... Tai's okay, but Sora struck me as a two timer *tai/sora fan. MY MATT!*

TK was a matt clone in 02... it's was cool.
and Yolei is just AWESOME

Winry

I like Digimon!!!it's cool!Gatomon is my fav Digimon!lol it's a cat and it evoles to Angelwoman it's so cool so I think Digimon!!!(I also have a lot more fav Digimon's)

Henskie

I'm Batman
I used to like pokemon then I liked digimon but now I hate them both so thats about it I think there are far better animes to like for example FMA or DBZ

Emiko

why is everyone saying that Digimon came first? they totally ripped that show off of Pokemon, and it really upset me. I can't say that I like Pokemon anymore because they took it way too far. I liked it when there were only like 150 pokemon, but now there are so many that I couldn't keep up if I wanted to! they kept trying to add to it and make it better, but now Pokemon is just... bad. I wish they would go back to the original shows and stuff.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Digimon DID COME FIRST. It came to america 2 years or more before, and pokemon was created AS A RIP OFF OF DIGIMON IN JAPAN. thank you.

yeah, Gatomon was cool.... I liked Veemon and Hawkmon too.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
o.0 Then how come it AIRED after? Digimon is way more annoying than Pokemon. I loved Pokemon. I still kinda do. I watch the old 1 and 2 movies now too o.o I even have the soundtracks...well my 2000 one broke... ._. damn that was the best one ever.....But still. Okay maybe Pokemon copied Digimon or maybe they just did it at the same time so then it was just a battle. And Pokemon won. I don't care. Pokemon rules. (The old ones though...after Pokemon Gold and Silver and Crystal came out I just lost intrest)

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
it didn't. Digimon aired briefly, half on season one I believe, on channels a few years before pokemon. I remember watching it as a kid growing up in cali. *dreamy look* good times... good times.... First roleplays I ever did, me and all the kids who watched it in the local park....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back