• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Digimon Adventure tri

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is your favorite series of Digimon?

• Total voters

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Good news Ghost Game fans, the anime will be back from hiatus starting next week!

For those who don’t know, Toei got hacked a while back which delayed a few projects including the newest Dragon Ball Super movie ‘Super Hero’, Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai and the newest Precure series. But it looks like the issue has been resolved and those shows will be back on air by next weekend

khkid

Awards
Good news Ghost Game fans, the anime will be back from hiatus starting next week!

For those who don’t know, Toei got hacked a while back which delayed a few projects including the newest Dragon Ball Super movie ‘Super Hero’, Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai and the newest Precure series. But it looks like the issue has been resolved and those shows will be back on air by next weekend
when did that happen

KudoTsurugi

Awards
when did that happen
Months ago, back in March.

But thankfully, it’s been airing without delay since. In more recent news, last month we got more news on the next Digimon movie, which is confirmed to be a sequel to Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution - Kizuna. The title is Digimon Adventure 02 The Beginning, and as it suggests, this will be focusing on the 02 characters (Davis, Veemon, etc.)

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards

This seems as good a time as any to reiterate that Discotek needs to start arranging international releases right the heck now.

All these awesome releases - original Japanese Digimon, original Japanese Sonic X - being confined to the States; it's not fair goshdarnit.

Last edited:

PikaPal

Awards
Very cool to see Sound Cadence go the distance and get as much of the cast back as possible (and also union as well since Steve Blum is here).

I never thought I'd see the day where Wayne Grayson (Joey Wheeler and Lance from Pokémon) get to be part of the Digimon cast as well so that's hella cool.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm just so ready for this Bluray release of the first 3 Digimon movies in an uncut form in English for the first time. I'm so excited to see the full Our War Game with the voices I grew up with!

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Nothing will ever top the Omnimon (Omegamon) reveal to the tune of Let's Kick It Up. In fact, the biggest missed opportunity in tri is not using this track for the first fight.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Nothing will ever top the Omnimon (Omegamon) reveal to the tune of Let's Kick It Up. In fact, the biggest missed opportunity in tri is not using this track for the first fight.
Just incredible! The whole US soundtrack for our version of the movie/s was tops. I will say though, I'm very excited to hear Butterfly play with the English voices 😁

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Just incredible! The whole US soundtrack for our version of the movie/s was tops. I will say though, I'm very excited to hear Butterfly play with the English voices 😁
Yeah, I like both, but I'll always feel nostalgia for the early 2000s anime dub music. It wasn't always good, but damn we got good bops sometimes

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I like both, but I'll always feel nostalgia for the early 2000s anime dub music. It wasn't always good, but damn we got good bops sometimes
We sure did, I miss getting dub openings and endings. And then the Digimon movie introduced me to ska music, which was huge for me.

Reactions: Raz

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
We sure did, I miss getting dub openings and endings. And then the Digimon movie introduced me to ska music, which was huge for me.

Bit off topic, but Yu-Gi-Oh was great for that. Even got a whole soundtrack for it. The Yu-Gi-Oh GX theme might as well be called The Dying Screams of the 90s.

But Butterfly and Brave Heart are fantastic as well! Just so totally different.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'm excited for the 02 movie, and I'm sure the story will be great. But if I were in charge of the story I'd use it to wrap up the dark ocean / multiple universes plot that got dropped in the original series. I'm probably the only one who still thinks about this plot line and finds it fascinating and gets chills over the image of the shadowy giant Cthulu character.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm excited for the 02 movie, and I'm sure the story will be great. But if I were in charge of the story I'd use it to wrap up the dark ocean / multiple universes plot that got dropped in the original series. I'm probably the only one who still thinks about this plot line and finds it fascinating and gets chills over the image of the shadowy giant Cthulu character.
Nah, the Dark Ocean is their biggest dropped ball. Sad they never did anything with it.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Especially since they trapped Daemon there. The entire Daemon Corps was great too. Looking it back, I think it was an interesting choice to abandon all the original ideas for villains and story to just give us Myotismon again.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I don't recall this?

Someone -- TK, Izzy, I have to rewatch -- explains that Earth, the Dark Ocean, and the Digi-World are three universes among many, kind of layered on top of one another. They even draw a cute rainbow graph to illustrate the concept. It is also kinda implied that the Tamers universe and other alternate timelines are a part of this system.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
It also have Lovecraftian monsters implied to be hanging around, as I recall. It was cool as hell.

Back