• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Digimon Adventure tri

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is your favorite series of Digimon?

• Total voters

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Re: Digimon

DEEP IN YOUR HEART YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

sob

at least we still have Terriermon.
Gosh, if they'd ever killed Terriermon, I would've shit myself.

terriermon was cool, but my favorite character from tamers was impmon. his development was my favorite part of tamers
tumblr_mnl8unosjf1rz6w3eo1_500.gif

(I just really wanted to post this gif.)

Digimon has the best villains, bar none. And it was always at its best when the digital world started affecting the real world.

tumblr_mpf6w6QKz81r8tyjfo1_r1_500.gif

Word. And gosh, Diablomon was such a great antagonist. Perfect combo of mysterious and downright creepy.

Also:
5Sbjt.gif

I really, really wish the movie he'd appeared in had done more with him. All he did was stand there. :c

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Konaka was definetly a great choice for the director. He was the the director to one of my favorite animes, The Big O

More a writer than a director.

But yeah, dude did the screenplay for Serial Experiments Lain and the Kino no Tabi film; was the story editor for Texhnolyze; and handled the series compositions for Ghost Hound, Hellsing, and Narutaru.

I don't even know how you even get a guy like that for a show like Digimon, lol

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Oh, wasn't he from the Revenge of Diaboromon?

(referring to Turn's post)

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

He was! Armagemon/Armageddemon. I just dig his design so much. Reminds me of the berserker evas lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

More a writer than a director.

But yeah, dude did the screenplay for Serial Experiments Lain and the Kino no Tabi film; was the story editor for Texhnolyze; and handled the series compositions for Ghost Hound, Hellsing, and Narutaru.

I don't even know how you even get a guy like that for a show like Digimon, lol

he did serial experiment lain? i'll have to check that anime out now
Oh, wasn't he from the Revenge of Diaboromon?

(referring to Turn's post)

revenge of diaboromon? there was a sequel to the movie?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

He was! Armagemon/Armageddemon. I just dig his design so much. Reminds me of the berserker evas lol.
Now that you mention it... he really does look like Berserk Unit 01.

revenge of diaboromon? there was a sequel to the movie?
Yeah, it's actually been dubbed too.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

SPEAKING OF THE MOVIES, I'd just like to say how much I love Hurricane Touchdown. It was cute how the dub cut it into The Digimon Movie, but the original is just so quiet and poignant and lovely (and it included the original Adventure cast, albeit minimally)~ j3j

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I actually just watched the original version last year for the first time and it was a much more fulfilling experience than the dubbed version.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

4 real. Wallace/Willis and Terriermon have this super sweet arc that the dub unfortunately just didn't have time to fully include.

also omg the engrish

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

It could happen, Katie, sHUT UP!! jAj

Momentai, Turn. Momentai~

and yeah, Armageddomon seemed less of a threat and more of a "hey we need something big so we can have a reason for Imperialdramon Paladin Mode to appear"

also the original versions of the three movies spliced into our Digimon: The Movie are far superior. Mostly cause they weren't horrendously butchered in an attempt to connect all three poorly.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Oh hey, Digimon thread! :D

I fell off the Digimon train partway through Data Squad, which I learned later that Quinton Flynn voiced Marcus so that makes me kinda sad that I missed out on more of that. Favorite season was Tamers, and I swear you get both some of the scariest (for kids), and saddest moments in that one, and both involve the D-Reaper. Frontier was pretty fun, taking the humans being digimon concept from late in Tamers and making it part of the whole show.

I have to watch the first and second seasons with Nostalgia Goggles, because I don't think they've aged very well, but can still be fun to watch. Veemon (or rather Magnamon) is my favorite digimon, and that was introduced in Season 2, so I give the second season a +1 over the first just for that.

Krookodile553

You know what I don't get about the series?

WHY DOES LEOMON ALWAYS DIE?!

Seriously... Is it like... a running gag like Kenny's deaths on South Park?!

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards

I loved Digimon when it came out in America on Saturday mornings when I was little. :3 Now I own the DVD of Adventure 01; still working on getting Adventure 2 and Tamers. I think I'll stop there since I like those three better. Frontier was okay, but it wasn't what I expected in a Digimon show, you know?

I always liked the leader and the partner since they always do something brave and stupid at the same time. xD *looks at Tai and Davis*

Oh, just a minor question: Does anyone have problems with the subs of Adventure 01 DVDs? For some reason there are no CC on it (I'm deaf and I enjoy it greatly, but I can't even understand what they're saying. :/)

Gram

Banned
Awards

I remember watching the episode where that particular evolution happened debuted for the first time as a kid. SO. FREAKING. EPIC.

But yeah, Tamers is by far the best Digimon series. ;A;
OMG I KNOW! <3 ;A; when Takato done that first biomerge ma young mind was blown.

For most people, I think it's a race between Tamers and Adventure 01. What I personally think gives Tamers the advantage is the cast of characters. I like the cast in 01 a great deal, but I hated seeing what happened to them in 02 and I didn't like most of the new characters introduced in 02 either. The characters that populate Tamers were so fantastic and lovable.
The only characters I actually hated in 02 was Cody and Davis. Plus Tk should'a totes ended up with Kari, just sayian.

Digimon has the best villains, bar none. And it was always at its best when the digital world started affecting the real world.

tumblr_mpf6w6QKz81r8tyjfo1_r1_500.gif

THIS^^ THIS RIGHT HERE^
Even now I bet there's few villains from the first 3 seasons that a person can't remember.

Diablomon was probably my favorite digi villain by far. Not only was he the right mix of creepy and mysterious but he had the perfect adversary.

Dont sit there and tell me this sh*t right here wasn't one of the most epic moments of your young life.

Last edited:

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Ah yes, Omnimon/Omegamon's first appearance.

Truly amazing.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards

I remember watching the episode where that particular evolution happened debuted for the first time as a kid. SO. FREAKING. EPIC.

But yeah, Tamers is by far the best Digimon series. ;A;
OMG I KNOW! <3 ;A; when Takato done that first biomerge ma young mind was blown.

The only characters I actually hated in 02 was Cody and Davis. Plus Tk should'a totes ended up with Kari, just sayian.

THIS^^ THIS RIGHT HERE^
Even now I bet there's few villains from the first 3 seasons that a person can't remember.

Diablomon was probably my favorite digi villain by far. Not only was he the right mix of creepy and mysterious but he had the perfect adversary.

Dont sit there and tell me this sh*t right here wasn't one of the most epic moments of your young life.

I actually just watched with my mouth open when I saw the making of Omnimon and knew that Diablomon was going to get his butt handed over. xD

Man, good memories!! :D

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

My favorite Digimon series are Adventure 01, Tamers and Frontier. I like Frontier for its new take on things and the fact that in the end it wasn't only the major duo. Also it had some really interesting concepts in it. I also liked how the digidestins were actually active, unlike most of the others, which could only stand around and watch.
I think Tamers probably had the best written and thought out story in the series, I also like how they had an active role in the fights and the concept of them being able to power up their Digimon via cards.
I think my fondness of Adventure 01 has a lot to do with it being very nostalgic, but I also really like it's characters.

Didn't like how Takuya and Kouji were only ones that had all the better stuff compared to the rest of the cast. Would've loved to see the rest of them at least capable of using Fusion.

Yeah, I'm not to fond of that either, sadly though it's kind of a recurring thing in this series that the two main protagonist get everything will the rest gets the scraps. It something that always bothered me in the series. Seriously who didn't want to see all of their Fusion forms or the Ultimate/Mega forms for the other Digidestins? I like how Tamers actually broke the mold and had all 3 of it's main characters be on the same level and even the side characters played key roles.

definetly digimon in the human world. what made tamers unique was that the majority of the series took place in the human world

I agree, it also added a new layer to the whole thing, seeing they have to keep them somewhat hidden and the fights need to me more controlled to prevent property damage or people form getting hurt. I still like them in the Digital World though.

Also, not sure if everyone knows this or not but Adventure 01, Adventure 02, and Tamers are officially released on DVD in complete seasons. Frontier will also be released on DVD in September.

Do they have the Japanese dub with accurate subs? Seeing Adventure had a more a gag dub, which while funny isn't as good as the original. I think Digimon might be one of the few shows where I actually like the German dub better than the English one, even with it's meh voice acting and the fact they kind of made Renamon a dude.

Digimon is over; there's no hope left. ;~;

Are you sure there won't be anymore seasons? There was a huge gap between Frontier and Data Squad if I'm not mistaking.

terriermon was cool, but my favorite character from tamers was impmon. his development was my favorite part of tamers

Yeah, Impmon was defiantly one of the most interesting characters in Tamers, his character arc was really something. But I think Jeri is my Favorite character in that season.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Do they have the Japanese dub with accurate subs? Seeing Adventure had a more a gag dub, which while funny isn't as good as the original. I think Digimon might be one of the few shows where I actually like the German dub better than the English one, even with it's meh voice acting and the fact they kind of made Renamon a dude.
They don't have any subtitles, at all. Nor do they have the original Japanese version. We're honestly lucky we even got the English dub on DVD at all.

Are you sure there won't be anymore seasons? There was a huge gap between Frontier and Data Squad if I'm not mistaking.
ya. They're done. That's why they had all of the Digidestined show up the the last few episodes of Xros Wars. Closure.

Not sure what you mean by a huge gap between those two seasons, though?

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

Oh hey, a Digimon Thread.

I have things that I like about each season I've watched(all the way up to Data Squad). However, my favorite season is Tamers, just because it had the best story overall, and some of the most emotional moments that made cry like a baby, whether it was when I first saw it as a kid or when I watched it a few months back. My favorite character definitely had to be either Impmon or Renamon/Rika. Ironically, those three had a very on-and-off friendship.

I will say that I loved how Impmon's character development was. It went from him being a silly prankster to wanting to digivolve to him giving into the dark side and killing Leomon thus making his transition into the neutral zone and then eventually found his light and FINALLY became a tamer's digimon. By far the best development of any character IMO

Back