• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna -- Kingdom Hearts vibes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I just saw this film today, in a movie theatre (!!!!!!). I'm guessing everyone interested here has seen it months ago, and there's probably a thread about it already, but it was just released in theatres in France last week, so here I am. I can't tell you how happy I am that I got to see it on the big screen! I lost interest in the series after a couple episodes of 02—and I was too busy with KH I guess—, so there's a lot I need to catch up on, but I felt like this film was written for the fans of the first generation who've grown up like the characters since watching the first season. I'm overwhelmed with how good and beautiful it is, and I loved every single bit of fan service they threw at us. That story + the nostalgia hit me hard.

Anyway.

I was wondering if any of you guys thought there was some connection between Digimon and KH? I feel like what has drawn me to those two franchises are similar elements, that I'm struggling to put into words.

There's something in the way the characters are written, their relationships and individual struggles (that's done better in Digimon in my opinion, but KH's not bad^^), and in the way the symbolic/psychological part of their journey takes so much explicit/literal space in the adventure, more than other universes I think? It's really heavy on relatable emotions and direct visual symbolism. (Also Yamato = Riku ❤ )

Mostly, I think, it's the aesthetics that help convey these emotions? I love glowing, dreamy, floating symbols and odd/poetic world designs, and both the KH1 original worlds and the first season of Digimon Adventure have that. Also, in Last Evolution Kizuna, the Neverland design gave me strong Dive to the Heart and Hollow Bastion / End of the World vibes, with the floating ice/crystallised platforms in pitch black darkness.

And the Power of Friendship team attack 😂😭

What do you think?

PS: How's the Season 1 reboot? Should I be excited to see it?

Back