• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Different side, slightly same story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

witchprincess

in a little room where walls are bright swirling c
this is just going to be a few chapters, because I don't have any inspiration right now for anything longer :) and yes, I realize that it is short.

Time seemed to be at a standstill.

A war had begun, but they still didn't know who or what they were fighting. For most at this point in time, their orders were to rest up and to get to know their fellow fighters. Hey, the entire army only had a total of twenty-eight adolescents defending life as they knew it. Which, by the way, were all the best fighters of their generations.

However, two were out somewhere in time and space, looking for answers as to what sort of chaos was corrupting everyone's lives. And neither had reported back yet.

Not only that, their leader wasn't too thrilled about her job.

That's right, her.

And she even said she had a few good reasons, like the fact that she didn't like telling people what to do. Also because she didn't want people to follow her to what would most likely be their deaths. But even her younger twin brother Damian, who usually loved having power over others, refused this chance to be in control.

He hugged his sister and said with a laugh, "Sorry Jess, but I think almost everyone here might start throwing furniture at me if they found out their next command was to run hopscotch races."

"Damian, why would you honestly make them do that anyway?" Her face contorted when she asked the question more because of the fact this all just sounded so pointless, and he usually had a reason behind his insanely wild thoughts.

His eyes flashed brightly green going back and forth between pure emerald and a dark forest green, where he seemed to have paused for a moment and was brought back to life, but he wouldn't tell her anything more.

So it was settled, for once, damian acted peaceful and humble, leaving her to clean up this mess. It just simply stressed her out that she got stuck with this position, through a democracy, which felt more like a communism against her. And since she highly doubted the small group of fighters would be found hiding in an old and deserted castle any time soon, she warned her sibling not to stop her, and went off exploring the building, looking for the perfect room to meditate in.

Her long, blonde, and frizzy hair moving side to side along her back was the only other noise aside from her sneakers that squeaked as they came into contact with the slippery stone floor that had accumulated dew through all the open spaces that would have been windows at one time or another. Not even her jeans really made a sound, just her shoes, who happened to randomly pick and choose the direction that she walked in, leading her with or without her consent.

But they quickly led her to a large and empty circular room that was at the center of the castle, which no longer had a complete ceiling, so patches of the starry night above hit the floor like dim spotlights. Jess hastily took her shoes and socks off first so she could get used to the cold stone floor, and went right to work. Odd enough, the stone wasn't all that wet here, but that would be to her advantage.

Jess walked to the center of the room and spontaneously spun around a few times. Then, having gotten her balance back, stepped in a tight circle, and as finished circling once, a shadow-like figure almost 6'2" appeared in the middle of her circle. She walked the path a second time and almost like a light shone down only on his head, showing that the figure was looking down with eyes closed and long, downward spikes of jet-ebony black hair that almost reached his shoulders that surrounded the rest of his head.

A third circle. The rest of the figure appeared all at the same time. His shoulders were slightly hunched over in a nonchalant way, wearing a short-sleeved black jean jacket with army-green undershirt protruding from beneath. He had dark jeans on which just touched the floor, but he was wearing black and red sneakers. Only problem at the moment was that the figure was entirely limp.

The fourth walk around him fixed that, and Jess stopped right in front of him, and turned to face her creation from thin air. It was always the same figure. Same clothes, same hair, same height, same size, and the same simple problem that she could never get the eyes to look right. Whenever they opened, they always had shone black, which, from the very first time she tried to create this exact person from her imagination, always made her blood run cold the wrong way and pained her that she still couldn't fix it. But at least she was able to stand in front of him now. All that was needed was music.

She clapped her hand once and the room was filled with violins strumming. And after two measures of just strings playing, the two began to dance the tango.

Last edited:

witchprincess

in a little room where walls are bright swirling c
Ya know what? I'm very discouraged by how I never seem to get a reply of any sort, so, I'm going to post this update, and if I don't get a reply by next week, this will have to be the last being that it's pointless to write a story just for yourself.
~~~

She clapped her hand once and the room was filled with violins strumming. And after two measures of just strings playing, the two began to dance the tango.

Dancing to this style had always been her way of releasing the worst of her stress, leaving her mind to focus on the timing and placement of her feet and hands, moving to a song that sounded as if it shouldn't end. After having done all these steps numerous times before, her eyes closed and the rest of her body fell into the natural rythm of the music.

The figure with whom she danced never said a word, or even showed any emotion. Then again, that was the other very common glitch with Jess's idea of how this person reacted to anything. It never laughed, or groaned, or whined with pain from when she used to step on his feet when she was first learning this particular routine.

But she didn't really notice this right now, or that she had begun hover higher and higher above the ground with each passing moment, or the fact that she had a small audience.

A boy about 5'8" wearing a loose white t-shirt , light blue jeans, and white sneakers had followed Jess curiously all the way to this center chamber, wondering what in the world was going on. He had only met her a few hours ago, and she confused him right off the bat. Also being second in command, he felt he had a right to know more about the person he would be working under. However, it was what the girl could do with magic that shocked him the most.

And as the sneakiest person of all, Damian strides confidently up behind the other teen. "Doesn't it just make you sick how absentmindedly she can fly, Arthagrius?" He casually leaned up against the frame of the doorway.

Arthagrius jumped like anybody else would have, and faced the younger sibling."What're you doing here? And how the heck did you sneak up on me?"

Damian laughed for a brief moment and replied, "I should ask you the same but I already know why, and therefore came to warn you."

"Warn me? Of what?" His eyes shone with fear and confusion all at once, unsure if they were both actually thinking about the same thing. Not only did he not want that to be true, he didn't like the fact that he'd been caught in the middle of such a situation.

"You really are goofy over her, aren't you?" He stood straight up, only an inch or two taller than Arthagrius. "Have you not noticed that that doll-thing out there has the same exact hair as you, only a little bit longer in length! What's even more hilarious is that she's always created the same exact figure every time and still doesn't realize the connection between you and it." Damian put his face in his hands just before he started a long string of insults that could not be heard beyond his fingers.

The other boy blushed from the statement, then paled at the thought of what just happened. "How come you think I-"

The twin's head snapped back up and he blurted, "It's not that I think this, but I know this because I'm a seer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back