• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Different Perspective: Hayner's gang out, Seifer's gang in.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveK89

I know what-ifs aren't the greatest things to talk about since it doesn't change what has already happened, but why not talk about one anyway. It really has to do with trying to shine more light on some FF characters a little bit, as well as, bringing some new perspective on the series and how it could affect the future of Kingdom Hearts.

Let's say Hayner, Pence, and Olette weren't a thing. Roxas was actually with Seifer's gang. He and Seifer would be rivals, Fujin and Rajin would be giving support and non-support, and Vivi would be...well, Vivi. All the while, Roxas is trying to prove himself in the group; hence, the Struggle match. Still, the strange things happening to Roxas would still exist, but the intro story would have to be changed.

Anyway, I have nothing against Hayner, Pence, and Olette. However, I feel Twilight Town and Seifer's gang could be of more use to the series than Hayner's group. Either way, I don't really feel it would impact the story too much except the whole being friends and eating ice cream on the clock-tower thing relative to Days story. So...what do you think? Would it work, for better or worse?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Honestly I could see it working in some way but whether it'd be better or worse is a bit hard to say cause its hard to imagine Twilight Town without Hayner and his gang.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Honestly I could see it working in some way but whether it'd be better or worse is a bit hard to say cause its hard to imagine Twilight Town without Hayner and his gang.

Yeah, while when in KH2 we didn't know much about Hayner and his gang, or why Roxas had them as friends in the digital Twilight Town. But we later learn that in Days, that DiZ (Ansem the Wise) placed him in that world to keep him away from the Organization because of their plans to use his Keyblade abilities so they erased his memories from his days as organization XIII and put in ones that made him believe that he was a normal kid with normal friends. because (IIRC...I think DiZ said that Roxas wished that life? When he was placing him in Virtual Twilight Town) everytime Hayner and gang passed him during missions, he would like watch them like wistfully and I feel like he prob wanted a life like that... no missions or anything, just normal.

Light

faster than
Awards
Could we imagine Hayner, Pence, and Ollete stealing photos though?

I could imagine Seifer and co doing it, they have that thug-life look about them, but if Pence did it? Really? Just couldn't really see it. I think it's cool the way it is, kind of shrouds the Seifer gang in mystery.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It would certainly give the special cameo characters more significance rather than them just existing for small plots. Although I feel like Roxas would need a Disney character as a friend in order to balance out the large number of Final Fantasy characters.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Could we imagine Hayner, Pence, and Ollete stealing photos though?

I could imagine Seifer and co doing it, they have that thug-life look about them, but if Pence did it? Really? Just couldn't really see it. I think it's cool the way it is, kind of shrouds the Seifer gang in mystery.
I can imagine it. If you hate someone enough, in this case, Seifers gang hating on Hayners gang so much, you can easily blame them for anything, regardless of stereotypes.

As shown through the actual plot of KH2, Hayner's gang stereotyped Seifer's gang as those "thugs" and accused them off stealing the photos, all because they didn't like each other. The difference is, I don't think Seifer really cared enough.

Hayner, Pence and Olette worked well enough because they were innocent kids who enjoyed each others company. They would do things like take photos, thus bringing up the photo thief. I can't really see that scenario happening with Seifer's gang. Not to mention that personality overhaul of Roxas that would have affected those seven days (going from innocent and enjoying his friends to confused and angry with his existence). Within Seifer's gang, this change wouldn't have been as noticeable.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It would certainly give the special cameo characters more significance rather than them just existing for small plots. Although I feel like Roxas would need a Disney character as a friend in order to balance out the large number of Final Fantasy characters.

i wonder what disney character he could be friends with? maybe max goof?

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Yeah, while when in KH2 we didn't know much about Hayner and his gang, or why Roxas had them as friends in the digital Twilight Town. But we later learn that in Days, that DiZ (Ansem the Wise) placed him in that world to keep him away from the Organization because of their plans to use his Keyblade abilities so they erased his memories from his days as organization XIII and put in ones that made him believe that he was a normal kid with normal friends. because (IIRC...I think DiZ said that Roxas wished that life? When he was placing him in Virtual Twilight Town)

We actually did learn all of this in KH2, by the end of the tutorial/prologue. I know I'm nitpicking, but I couldn't resist saying something lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back