• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Differences in Difficulty Modes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I was just reading about how Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s difficulty settings will adjust certain environmental factors that help guide you through the game. It made me wonder how Kingdom Hearts 3 might could adjust elements other than damage dealt and received in different difficulty settings.

One thing Nomura has already brought up is possibly increasing the number of enemies in the higher difficulties. I’m cool with this since there are so many attack options; it’ll be nice to have plenty of enemies to use them on.

But what about more environemental/exploration based difficulty changes? One thing that I definitely hope is removed in higher difficulties is the glowing markers for wall running. I hope we can disable it regardless of difficulty, but if nothing else, it would make sense for it to only be present in Beginner and Standard modes.

In addition, perhaps the hints provided for what to do next could be toned down. Easier modes could have the party members and HUD banners provide hints at where to go or what to find, while higher difficulties would be more hands off. This would make it more like KH1 where there wasn’t much guidance on how to progress. It’ll also save us from hearing the same verbal hints over and over when we just want to explore.

These are just a few ideas I had off the top of my head, but what adjustments between difficulty modes would you like to see? Or would you prefer they stick with only altering the amount of damage we deal and take?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'd love for Critical mode to give certain bosses new attacks. This has been done in a few other games, and makes the return trip through the game more exciting. Critical could also contain alternate enemy placements, exclusive Heartless, and palette swapped enemies.

In any case, they should start with 2FM as a template for balance and then add from there.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Less Save Points, No Autosave and Items Dropped from Enemies are harder to get. (Don't know if the last one is a thing)

cakito123

Awards
The problem with wanting more difficult settings is that it gets often really mixed with a punitive and inconvenient gameplay.
Autosave makes the game convenient since you wouldn't loss all your progress so I don't see why that should be taken off from a higher difficult setting...

Also the same thing applies to the "Not showing the way" odea since it will just make you confused and irritated once you want to progress through the game.

I think it's ok to be punitive when you actually deserve it, (like, if you die 10 times, you decrease your level or loses some materials or something)...

I just hope the hardest modes won't be just about farm-to-win or something like that haha

mytomxxx

In any case, they should start with 2FM as a template for balance and then add from there.

Just what Launchpad said, 2FM is fun asf to play, even that the game was not planned to have a critical/lv1 gameplay planned from the beginning.
At kh2fm boss didn't needed new movies set, because you only get to see all of them in lv1/critical, at other difficults you don't die/ take enough time to see all them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back