• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Difference between KH Unchained X and Union X?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Brit710

I'm sorry if this is an annoying question that is asked a lot. Does anyone know of a video that explains the difference between Unchained, Unchained X, and Union X? I'm so confused and I'm worried there is something I'm missing in the story.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I like to watch this one, but fair warning, it's a bit lengthy. The video maker has several other well structured recaps though.
Enjoy! ^^

Brit710

I like to watch this one, but fair warning, it's a bit lengthy. The video maker has several other well structured recaps though.
Enjoy! ^^

Thank you! I guess what I'm most confused on even after seeing that, is if KhUX is technically after the events in unchained or is it the same events and timeline from a different perspective? Because both games show the events leading up to and the actual keyblade war right?

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Thank you! I guess what I'm most confused on even after seeing that, is if KhUX is technically after the events in unchained or is it the same events and timeline from a different perspective? Because both games show the events leading up to and the actual keyblade war right?
From what I understand, Union X is simply a direct extension to Unchained, whereas Unchain is, for the most part, a retelling of Chi in a dream world that technically takes place after the events of the war. I'll get into that in a bit.

Basically it goes like this: Chi takes place in the real world, and showcases the real physical events that lead up to the Keyblade War. During the end of Chi, Ava sends several hand picked Weilders, called the Dandelions, to another plane of existence known as "Unchained", so they can escape the war. While the rest of the Weilders perish in the battle, the Dandelions survive in that alternate world, but, as per the rules and guidelines given by Ava, they have their memories of anything directly leading up to the war wiped, and must relive their experiences of becoming a Keyblade Weilders all over again. This is why Unchained X tells the events of Chi over again, even though it, from a chronological perspective, takes place afterward.

Reliving their memories is essentially their unknowing "training" to restore the worlds lost to darkness during the war, and during this time, the Union Leaders meet up back in the real world (post war) so that they can properly meet eachother, and from there they develop a plan on how they intend to guide the Dandelions (who, again, no longer remember the war, outside of our player character, who's vaguely recalling nightmares of the they experienced in Chi, including during the war itself). After that, the new Union Leaders presumably go back into the Unchained Realm, and fill in the roles that the Fortellers used to hold. From there, the story of Union X (Cross) takes place. Does this make sense? I know it can get confusing (I've known this stuff for over a year, but it still confused me when I type it out like that), so if you have any additional questions, I'll try my best to answer them if no one else does. :)

One last thing I should probably add:

Since Union X became a thing, there have been certain updates with scenes that don't chronologically take place with the rest of Union X. All the cutscenes with Strelitzia, for example, take place during the original Chi. Same with the MoM talking to Ava. There are a lot of flashbacks that chronologically take place during Chi, but weren't shown in the original game. Does this make sense?

Last edited:

Brit710

From what I understand, Union X is simply a direct extension to Unchained, whereas Unchain is, for the most part, a retelling of Chi in a dream world that technically takes place after the events of the war. I'll get into that in a bit.

Basically it goes like this: Chi takes place in the real world, and showcases the real physical events that lead up to the Keyblade War. During the end of Chi, Ava sends several hand picked Weilders, called the Dandelions, to another plane of existence known as "Unchained", so they can escape the war. While the rest of the Weilders perish in the battle, the Dandelions survive in that alternate world, but, as per the rules and guidelines given by Ava, they have their memories of anything directly leading up to the war wiped, and must relive their experiences of becoming a Keyblade Weilders all over again. This is why Unchained X tells the events of Chi over again, even though it, from a chronological perspective, takes place afterward.

Reliving their memories is essentially their unknowing "training" to restore the worlds lost to darkness during the war, and during this time, the Union Leaders meet up back in the real world (post war) so that they can properly meet eachother, and from there they develop a plan on how they intend to guide the Dandelions (who, again, no longer remember the war, outside of our player character, who's vaguely recalling nightmares of the they experienced in Chi, including during the war itself). After that, the new Union Leaders presumably go back into the Unchained Realm, and fill in the roles that the Fortellers used to hold. From there, the story of Union X (Cross) takes place. Does this make sense? I know it can get confusing (I've known this stuff for over a year, but it still confused me when I type it out like that), so if you have any additional questions, I'll try my best to answer them if no one else does. :)

One last thing I should probably add:

Since Union X became a thing, there have been certain updates with scenes that don't chronologically take place with the rest of Union X. All the cutscenes with Strelitzia, for example, take place during the original Chi. Same with the MoM talking to Ava. There are a lot of flashbacks that chronologically take place during Chi, but weren't shown in the original game. Does this make sense?

Wow! That's so insane. I really wonder what the point of doing it all that way was? It just seems so complicated and poorly explained for us.

So if you dont mind me asking? I'm seeing that the keyblade war is being advertised as about to show up on Union x? I thought it already happened?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wow! That's so insane. I really wonder what the point of doing it all that way was? It just seems so complicated and poorly explained for us.

So if you dont mind me asking? I'm seeing that the keyblade war is being advertised as about to show up on Union x? I thought it already happened?

The Keyblade War event that is going on right now in UX is Chirithy's flashback.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
The Keyblade War event that is going on right now in UX is Chirithy's flashback.
Aaaww, just barely beat me to the punch, lol. But yeah, pretty much what Sign said. The Keyblade War did indeed already occur, it's just the characters are recalling the events. Specifically Chirithy, who, unlike the Keyblade Weilders, didn't get his memory wiped.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Holy crap! How do you know this? Is there something I'm missing?

Actually the event started last month. It's still unfinished, with no announcement of when they'll add the next batch of quests, but it starts off with a new cutscene of Chirithy monologuing that sets the whole thing up.

Brit710

Actually the event started last month. It's still unfinished, with no announcement of when they'll add the next batch of quests, but it starts off with a new cutscene of Chirithy monologuing that sets the whole thing up.
Oooooh! I saw a youtube video that showed that and was confused because I didnt remember seeing the monologue before. That makes much more sense. Thank you so much.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It was just announced that Episode 3 will be arriving on the 4th!

Back