• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Diets?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Is there anyone following a diet? I recently started a low carb (no refined carbs at all) high protein/fat diet and I'm already seeing a positive change in my energy levels. The only part that's got me upset is giving up white rice and pasta. ;[

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Diets never really work you know. Really, what goes in doesn't matter. It is just the calorie count you need to watch. If you need to eat smaller portions, then go ahead. No one should have to stop eating their favorite foods to loose weight. All I am doing is eating less and exercising a lot.

I guess you could consider this a diet. Normally i don't eat breakfast or lunch but i'm starting to eat a granlola bar.

That isn't a diet. You are just starving yourself.

Camilo101

Special diets really aren't necessary to lose weight. If you just eat the right foods and exercise adequately than you'll lose weight. In fact if you do that you won't be fat in the first place. I know it's cliched, but it's just the truth. What goes in does matter, just as much as exercise. Why do you think they have the food pyramid? You can't go your whole life just eating dairy, even if it meets the calorie count. You need all the food groups and in the right proportions.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Special diets really aren't necessary to lose weight. If you just eat the right foods and exercise adequately than you'll lose weight. In fact if you do that you won't be fat in the first place. I know it's cliched, but it's just the truth. What goes in does matter, just as much as exercise. Why do you think they have the food pyramid? You can't go your whole life just eating dairy, even if it meets the calorie count. You need all the food groups and in the right proportions.

And you know that is thrown out the window when you have people living past 100 eating fatty foods.

Camilo101

And you know that is thrown out the window when you have people living past 100 eating fatty foods.

What exactly does that mean. Do you mean people live past 100 eating primarily fatty foods? Or do they eat healthy and just also eat fatty foods too in moderate proportions. And give me a source too, otherwise your words are thrown out the window.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I guess you could consider this a diet. Normally i don't eat breakfast or lunch but i'm starting to eat a granlola bar.
You do realize skipping breakfast makes you gain weight?

Just eat a normal diet and exercise regularly and you'll maintain a healthy body weight :/
I do this all the time, even though I'm a bit underweight, but it's a family thing.

αsiя

space coke
Im eating 3 meals a day (watching my calories)
I run 2 miles in the morning then 2 in the night

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Diets never really work you know. Really, what goes in doesn't matter. It is just the calorie count you need to watch. If you need to eat smaller portions, then go ahead. No one should have to stop eating their favorite foods to loose weight. All I am doing is eating less and exercising a lot.

Not everyone goes on diets to lose weight. I decided to change my diet because I felt unhealthy, and studies consistently show that people on low carb diets are way healthier. Even with the increase of fats, they have lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, more energy, and less risk of cancer. :]

Also, it's a misconception that calories are what make you gain weight, link: Why we gain weight: Adiposity 101 and the Alternative Hypothesis of Obesity . You can eat almost as much as you want with a very low carb diet and not gain a pound. Things like white bread and white rice have almost no nutritional value and cause insulin resistance (ever feel really tired after eating a big bowl of pasta?)

Kachina

No i'm not. I'm just not used to eating breakfast and lunch. Besides, i siad i'm eating breakfast and lunch. I don't get hungry most of the time. I'm underweight. Sorry,next time i'll explain better.

Well that makes sense. In the winter time I'm normally not very active so I get hungry less than in the summer whenever I'm active more often. I'm assuming that's what you're trying to explain?

Camilo101

Oh no I've been hearing too much from my Foods and Health teachers to accept that. Even if you aren't as active in the winter, everyone needs the three basic meals (if you are less active, perhaps 4 or 5 smaller meals spread out through the day would be sufficient). Skipping breakfast or not eating lunch is a very unhealthy thing, especially breakfast. In the morning your body's lacking nourishment and you need to start the engine running. If you're underweight then all the more reason to eat breakfast and lunch. Really, I just cannot comprehend how anyone can just skip two whole meals...8O

Kunoichi

i follow a vegan diet. made my acne go away. :D

i don't care that much about losing weight so i don't calorie-restrict or exercise (other than walking to the bus and around school, which is pretty much nothing)...

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Diets never truly work out the situation of changing your body. Even through good results it becomes a slightly desperate move to help shed the pounds your looking to lose. What people are really supposed to do is portion their meals and eat natural foods that help your body, rather than give you upset stomach and diarrhea. People constantly think that calorie counting and eating very very little would help progress losing weight and although it helps there is damage along the way. The less calories you take the more energy your body steals from you, we're not just talking fat here. Carb diets are okay if you know the general intake of carbs your body necessarily needs, but if you really want to help your body you just need to look for foods that contain good carbs. All it comes down to is eating healthy, your body needs a balance of nutrition so you can't just diminish certain compounds in your daily food consumptions (except for sodium). If you eat the right foods and at least do an hour of cardio workouts such as jogging daily you can lose weight quickly.

Eating right is hard to do however, and not just because ppl have a hard time fighting temptation for fatty foods, but because organic/fresh/natural grown/cooked food is hard to come by, and is also expensive (i kid you not). If you like cooking then you shouldn't have too many problems.

Im eating 3 meals a day (watching my calories)
I run 2 miles in the morning then 2 in the night

don't overwork your body, unless you like running, what you're doing is not good at all

Last edited:

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Diets never truly work out the situation of changing your body. Even through good results it becomes a slightly desperate move to help shed the pounds your looking to lose. What people are really supposed to do is portion their meals and eat natural foods that help your body, rather than give you upset stomach and diarrhea. People constantly think that calorie counting and eating very very little would help progress losing weight and although it helps there is damage along the way. The less calories you take the more energy your body steals from you, we're not just talking fat here. Carb diets are okay if you know the general intake of carbs your body necessarily needs, but if you really want to help your body you just need to look for foods that contain good carbs. All it comes down to is eating healthy, your body needs a balance of nutrition so you can't just diminish certain compounds in your daily food consumptions (except for sodium). If you eat the right foods and at least do an hour of cardio workouts such as jogging daily you can lose weight quickly.

Eating right is hard to do however, and not just because ppl have a hard time fighting temptation for fatty foods, but because organic/fresh/natural grown/cooked food is hard to come by, and is also expensive (i kid you not). If you like cooking then you shouldn't have too many problems.

don't overwork your body, unless you like running, what you're doing is not good at all

Two trainers I saw at the gym told me that changing your body was roughly 50% diet, 20% cardio and 30% strength training. Two miles actually isn't actually that much, at a time. I can do it in about a half hour at the gym at a relatively slow pace.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Two trainers I saw at the gym told me that changing your body was roughly 50% diet, 20% cardio and 30% strength training. Two miles actually isn't actually that much, at a time. I can do it in about a half hour at the gym at a relatively slow pace.

Everyone differs on the subject of changing your body. If you know how to diet well that's fine, after all it is taking a selection of food to control your body weight and nutrient intake. I suppose eating right kind of fits along those lines, but there are number of foods you can eat that can help your body. You can also eat junk food as long as you portion, just not all the time like eating half a cheeseburger and a few amount of fries. The percentages for cardio and strength are spot on though, like i said an hour of cardio is good for you, but know your limits. It's okay to run 2 miles if you have the stamina for it, but if you create two separate moments to put your heart at work at a relatively long pace....you might want to slow down. Strength training is all about toning, and that helps promote less fat and more muscle...so is your goal trying to put on lean body shape?

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
A Diet is what kind of food consists of your daily meal. So yeah, I eat what ever the hell I want. Though, I might change it by adding more fruit, vegetables, and water into it (because I'm losing my abs). I use to work out sever for like several years with martial arts, weight lifting (light of course), and basic workouts I use to do at the home. I could afford to eat whatever I want back then (because I burnt through shit like really fast), but I didn't eat too badly as opposed to now (I'm losing my edge).

I probably want to start eating more (basically small portions throughout the day to jump start my metabolism. I usually just pile on a lot of shit while not eating earlier. Bad habit, I know. Gets you fatter as your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto stuff...

I think if he had just started doing that, then yeah, he would be over working himself. But if his body is use to it (and he's eating well) he'd be fine...

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Everyone differs on the subject of changing your body. If you know how to diet well that's fine, after all it is taking a selection of food to control your body weight and nutrient intake. I suppose eating right kind of fits along those lines, but there are number of foods you can eat that can help your body. You can also eat junk food as long as you portion, just not all the time like eating half a cheeseburger and a few amount of fries. The percentages for cardio and strength are spot on though, like i said an hour of cardio is good for you, but know your limits. It's okay to run 2 miles if you have the stamina for it, but if you create two separate moments to put your heart at work at a relatively long pace....you might want to slow down. Strength training is all about toning, and that helps promote less fat and more muscle...so is your goal trying to put on lean body shape?

yea. I'm not trying to lose weight (I'm actually trying to put on about 5 more pounds), just want some lean muscle. :] and just generally be a healthier person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back