• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did you buy a handheld for a Kingdom Hearts game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yessir_23

Awards
It's no secret that keeping up with the series has been expensive in the past. Whether it be a PSP, DS, 3DS, or even GBA, has a KH game ever warranted a purchase?

Personally, I bought a PSP Go with the intention of playing Birth by Sleep :tongue:

Denne

I bought a PSP for Birth By Sleep when they game was released in Europe

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I did buy a PSP mainly to play Birth By Sleep, but also because I was interested in some other games as well.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nope, I had my PSP already beforehand for games like Crisis Core or the first Dissidia and I never got around to buy a Nintendo DS just for Days and Coded. I had neither the money nor the interest to get a second handheld console back in the day.

Later on I got the 3DS mainly for KH though since it allows me to play Days, Coded and DDD on one device. It was the very first Nintendo device I got ever since the SNES (Super Nintendo).

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I bought a DSi, PSP, and 3DS with the main intention of playing KH games on those systems, but they weren't the only games I bought for them. KH games were only the selling point.

Personally, I bought a PSP Go with the intention of playing Birth by Sleep :tongue:

That sucks, it never did release on PSP Go did it?

Prince Enigma

I bought a PSP for BBS and haven't actually got any other games for it lol, and I bought a 3DS to initially play DDD but like Sephiroth I also use it to play Days and only recently have I used it to start playing Coded.

Off topic a wee bit, I will probably buy a PS4 just to play Kingdom Hearts 3!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Although I play the handheld titles, I didn't buy the consoles for the sole intention of playing them.

I got my DS 7 years ago to play Pokemon Diamond and Dragon Quest, and when Days came out, I bought it (although not Re:coded; I just watched the LP). BbS was the only game that I see playing on the PSP, and because of that, I merely borrowed the console from my friend to save some sweet money. Finally, my 3DS isn't even 2 years old, and though DDD is in my collection of games, I do have a few other titles that I play / played, such as Pokemon Y, Bravely Default, and Resident Evil: Revelations (AND POKEMON OMEGA RUBY AND ALPHA SAPPHIRE YES THEY ARE FINALLY HAPPENING, but that's a topic for another day).

In my personal opinion, a single KH game just isn't enough to justify buying the console said game is released on.

Last edited:

Prince Enigma

Although I play the handheld titles, I didn't buy the consoles for the sole intention of playing them.

I got my DS 7 years ago to play Pokemon Diamond and Dragon Quest, and when Days came out, I bought it (although not Re:coded; I just watched the LP). BbS was the only game that I see playing on the PSP, and because of that, I merely borrowed the console from my friend to save some sweet money. Finally, my 3DS isn't even 2 years old, and though DDD is in my collection of games, I do have a few other titles that I play / played, such as Pokemon Y, Bravely Default, and Resident Evil: Revelations.

In my personal opinion, a single KH game just isn't enough to justify buying the console said game is released on.

Each to there own :biggrin:

I do also play Animal Crossing NL on the 3DS and my old Dragon Quest Sentinels of the Starry Skies.
And along the road there will probably be other games for the PS4 I'd consider buying along with KH3!

Yessir_23

Awards
That sucks, it never did release on PSP Go did it?

Exactly! Luckily I still managed to get some mileage out of it (MGS PW, Persona 3, Tactics Ogre and virtually EVERY Final Fantasy game ever)

I bought a PSP for BBS and haven't actually got any other games for it lol, and I bought a 3DS to initially play DDD but like Sephiroth I also use it to play Days and only recently have I used it to start playing Coded.

Off topic a wee bit, I will probably buy a PS4 just to play Kingdom Hearts 3!

Wow, you like your Kingdom Hearts! Yeah, I'll also buy a PS4, especially for a numbered entry, but I hope it will also have other games by then.

(AND POKEMON OMEGA RUBY AND ALPHA SAPPHIRE YES THEY ARE FINALLY HAPPENING, but that's a topic for another day).

Haha, I wasn't aware! I remember Blaziken was my first lv100 Pokemon in Sapphire, and I got a shiny Claydoll :cool:

Gram

Banned
Awards
As far as I can remember I already had the handhelds at the time to play them on though a days most are gone to trade ins of things I'd rather have.

ok sunny

Awards
I had a 3DS before KH3D was announced and that's the same deal with KH:CoM and 358/2 Days.

I DID, however, buy a PS3 last Christmas so I can play KH3 when it gets released, but of course, two month later they announce the PS4 and KH3 for that console in June. So I basically bought a PS3 for KH3, but I was still able to get KH:1.5 and eventually KH:2.5 instead. I'm not mad about that, I'm actually quite grateful :)

My brother also got the KH:BBS PSP for Christmas a few years ago, not long after it's release. But I don't think it was necessarily for BBS alone.

Yessir_23

Awards
I had a 3DS before KH3D was announced and that's the same deal with KH:CoM and 358/2 Days.

I DID, however, buy a PS3 last Christmas so I can play KH3 when it gets released, but of course, two month later they announce the PS4 and KH3 for that console in June. So I basically bought a PS3 for KH3, but I was still able to get KH:1.5 and eventually KH:2.5 instead. I'm not mad about that, I'm actually quite grateful :)

My brother also got the KH:BBS PSP for Christmas a few years ago, not long after it's release. But I don't think it was necessarily for BBS alone.
Hopefully there have been some other PS3 games that interest you :biggrin:

Antar

Awards
I was sort of lucky you can say. I already had a DS when Days and Recoded came out. I also already had a PSP when BBS came. The only game I didn't get to play was DDD but then my brother got a 3ds so I ended up buying DDD. It feels really nice getting the chance to play all of the games :3

ok sunny

Awards
Hopefully there have been some other PS3 games that interest you :biggrin:
Of course there had been haha.
I have literally an "ass load" of games now. I was lucky because I also got a few great games in top notch condition for around $18.

But we could converse about this in another thread some time!

Narxus

I bought a DS for 358/2 Days, and I had every intention to by a 3DS for DDD before I got one as a B-day present

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Up until 3D I was fortunate enough to just so happen to already have all the systems I needed to play KH games, so, no. XP

My luck ran out though because I don't have the mullah for a 3DS.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Asked for the PSP as a Christmas gift, which is still really obvious because the only other games I own for it are Field Commander (it was $15) and collections of older games. There are a lot of collections of older games on the PSP, I don't have a quarter.

siegleeagle

I already had a ds and gba for like ever but when BBS and .hack//link were announced for psp thats when I bought one and now I love it because of all the jrpgs on it and some other games. I also bought the 3ds specifically for kh but there were other games I wanted. I just wasn't going to buy one until I could save the money. That changed when 3D was announced. Got one that day and didn't pay my phone bill lol.

WaveK89

For Dream Drop Distance, I bought the system in time for the game's release. After having gone to E3 to see what the 3DS was about, I had made my decision to get it when I knew I would be playing it. I think Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts were my main reasons I had planned on getting the system. Though I didn't know PokemonXY would be coming at the time, but it seemed so obvious that it would. Backwards compatibility really helped in my decision since I was still working on Black and Black 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back