• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Xemnas have a heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Able_Beard

Banned
Possible theory here but it's mostly a question.

Did Xemnas have a heart? Considering Xehernort the Apprentice was a combo of two people(Terra and Xehernort) when he became a heartless shouldn't the two hearts split like it did for Sora and Roxas? Wouldn't that mean Xemnas had a heart just as Roxas did?
(If this had been answered please just tell me)

Also possible lil theory:
Could this mean, ASoD went after the DtD because he had Terra's heart and so his true intention was to save Aqua, but because he was a heartless type being, he was more concerned on releasing the darkness, and Terra was kinda guiding this in a small way?

Also would this work with Xemnas? Meaning Xemnas got Xehernorts heart which led him to seek Kingdom Hearts because Xehernorts heart was leading him in a small way?

Just a small possibility

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Considering Xehernort the Apprentice was a combo of two people(Terra and Xehernort) when he became a heartless shouldn't the two hearts split like it did for Sora and Roxas? Wouldn't that mean Xemnas had a heart just as Roxas did?
I've always been under a different impression: That Xehanort forced Terra's heart out of his body (which I think went on to inhabit his armour, hence Terra's Lingering Sentiment) and forced his own in there, so that in the end it was still just one heart, one body, one soul.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I've always been under a different impression: That Xehanort forced Terra's heart out of his body (which I think went on to inhabit his armour, hence Terra's Lingering Sentiment) and forced his own in there, so that in the end it was still just one heart, one body, one soul.
In the secret ending, Terra and Xehanort are shown battling for Terranort's heart, so Terra's heart couldn't have left. The LS was just Terra's leftover emotions of hatred towards Xehanort.

As for Xemnas having a heart, I think he stated pretty explicitly at the end of KH2 that he couldn't feel emotions, so he probably didn't have a heart. He might have been lying, but what would his purpose have been in lying to the people he was about to kill? And the rest of the Organization was already dead, so it wasn't like he was trying to fool them. There is still a possibility, though; I don't think it's impossible.

And while your theory regarding Ansem SoD is interesting, there's a pretty big hole: Ansem could always access the realm of darkness on account of the fact that he's a Heartless and can make corridors of darkness. He only needed the DtD to get Kingdom Hearts. So if anything, we can be sure that Ansem didn't have Terra's heart, since he would have rescued Aqua immediately. Also, I'm fairly sure that Nomura noted somewhere how Ansem SoD acted more like Xehanort and Xemnas acted more like Terra, so if the two got split I'm fairly certain that would be the result, if anything.

Radar

Bronze Member
Was KH behind the dtd? I thought it was dark realm, cuz mickey is in there. But then wtf was that light that shot out? And I thought the real KH was at the keyblade graveyard.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Xehanort the Apprentice didn't have two hearts fighting for control. He had one heart that was conflicted between two personalities. When he became a Heartless, that combined heart of Terra and MX turned into Ansem SOD.

Xemnas is FAR more complicated. He draws memories from Terra, MX, and even Eraqus. MX gives him the knowledge of KH and what not, Eraqus gives him the knowledge of the Chamber of Waking's existence as well as the fact that hearts are the source of all power (Aqua mentions that Eraqus often taught this), and Terra gives him the obsession with finding Ven as well as constantly talking to Aqua's armor.

Ultimately Xemnas did NOT have a heart.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
One does not need a heart to have memories of your past. I don't think Xemnas had a heart.

As said in Kingdom Hearts along the way : The nobodies, including Xemnas, use their memories to, this is an equivilant of acting, portray an emotion for the situation. So in essence maybe Roxas didnt really have a heart, maybe Sora still has it D:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Was KH behind the dtd? I thought it was dark realm, cuz mickey is in there. But then wtf was that light that shot out? And I thought the real KH was at the keyblade graveyard.

The DtD leads one to KH, which resides in the Realm of Darkness. The KH (well, not really) in the Keyblade Graveyard was summoned there by the X-Blade.

Xemnas is FAR more complicated. He draws memories from Terra, MX, and even Eraqus. MX gives him the knowledge of KH and what not, Eraqus gives him the knowledge of the Chamber of Waking's existence as well as the fact that hearts are the source of all power (Aqua mentions that Eraqus often taught this), and Terra gives him the obsession with finding Ven as well as constantly talking to Aqua's armor.
Terra and Eraqus I'm not so sure of. Given how MX's heart seems to be the most dominant of the three (due to Apprentice Xehanort's personality and whatnot), I feel that it's plausible that every one of Xehanort's "unusual" memories can be traced back to MX.

As said in Kingdom Hearts along the way : The nobodies, including Xemnas, use their memories to, this is an equivilant of acting, portray an emotion for the situation. So in essence maybe Roxas didnt really have a heart, maybe Sora still has it D:
Roxas did have emotions, as implied by several interviews, IIRC. That, and he most likely couldn't fake crying.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
It's pretty probable. The circumstances surrounding the 3 heart shit mirrors Roxas' situation, who easily had Vens heart in him. Xemnas probably had Terras heart in him.

Absolute

It is interesting how Ansem SoD had pretty much all of MX qualities (ven the clothes!), so you would think that Xemnas would have more Terra qualities, but it seems that MX outweighed him there. And in all this, Eraqus is hard to factor.

Didn't Nomura say that Xemnas could also wield a keyblade but chose not to, and don't you need a heart to wield?

It is an interesting parallel to Xemnas and Lingering Will. LW was rage focused at MX, while Xemnas could only wish for more rage after fighting Sora.

There's alot more to Xemnas that we don't know.

Nayru's Love

Awards
It is interesting how Ansem SoD had pretty much all of MX qualities (ven the clothes!), so you would think that Xemnas would have more Terra qualities, but it seems that MX outweighed him there. And in all this, Eraqus is hard to factor.

The reality of it is that Xehanort in general was influenced more by MX than by Terra and Eraqus.

Didn't Nomura say that Xemnas could also wield a keyblade but chose not to, and don't you need a heart to wield?
He said it's possible that he could've wielded. That being said, the possibility of it is full of flaws and would not have even been considered had it not been for Nomura.

It is an interesting parallel to Xemnas and Lingering Will. LW was rage focused at MX, while Xemnas could only wish for more rage after fighting Sora.
Come to think of it, that's not a bad connection. I wouldn't be surprised if something like Xehanort's emotions being influenced by Terra's heart were the case.

Box_ghost

I'd say yes considering Nomura implied that he can wield. Plus, the rage thing. Also, Roxas.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
If anything, I would have to say that Xemnas had Xehanort's heart inside of him, because during the final battle with Xemnas, he uses MX's Keyblade Armor!!! Which, right there, is a dead giveaway, I mean, c'mon now. xP

Nayru's Love

Awards
The problem is, Xion also has armor. Granted, it's possible it may not be the same as Xemnas', but I doubt it.

bgizzles45

Xemnas did not have a heart. Terra (Xemnas) did not want to merge back with Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (Master Xehanort) again because they both had different goals and intentions. That being said, Xemnas wanted a heart just like any other Nobody. However, not just any ordinary heart...He wanted Kingdom Hearts (the hearts of all hearts) itself.

Xammag

Xemnas did not have a heart. Terra (Xemnas) did not want to merge back with Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (Master Xehanort) again because they both had different goals and intentions. That being said, Xemnas wanted a heart just like any other Nobody. However, not just any ordinary heart...He wanted Kingdom Hearts (the hearts of all hearts) itself.

That's implying that Xemnas cared about Ansem SoD. Granted, if he did, his goal would just be not to "die".

On the subject of whether he had a heart, I would say he had more than just memories. The whole rage and despair thing is straight MX, but he has too many of Terra's ambitions playing a part on his actions for me to just say he was curious since he had memories of them. Plus, if Xemnas had both Terra's and MX's memories, he had a hell of a lot going on in his head.

flurryflames

Since he has has no heart it seems a little complicated. Does that mean that he doesn't bleed either? I am trying to understand the capability if nobodies have no heart in an organ prospect or spirtual emotional one.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The heart talked about in KH is always the spiritual one (that light orb) which holds an existence's "true" essence, not the blood pump-organ.
The organ is most likely just a part of the body, if it even exists in the KH-verse.

---

I still find it funny that people are setting Xemnas up to be either controlled by or even be Terra while it has been well established, also by Xemnas's own words about his true ambitions that he is another form of Xehanort and not Terra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back