• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Xehanort pick Riku as his vessel for AnsemSoD because of his memories as Terra?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Okay so this is one of those questions that we'll never get a solid answer to but I mean it is fun to speculate, unlike the whole Xemnas-Keyblade debate which there already is a solid answer to but one that no-one acknowledges.

Anyway there's another thread about Xehanort potentially planning to possess Riku again, which I don't necessarily agree with but it does raise some interesting points. The one that came to mind was the potential idea that Xehanort (or the robed figure at this point) chose Riku as his vessel for the events of KH1 because of the memories he potentially retained from Terra.

It's clear at some point Xemnas had some of Terra's memories, so shouldn't Ansem have the same? It's not a stretch to say he can remember Terra passing on the ability to wield to Riku, a boy with darkness of his own.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think it may have had something to do with it. Nomura confirmed somewhere that part of the reason Xehanort was there that day the islands fell was to see Riku again because of Terra's memories. But it's not difficult to see why he'd choose Riku.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Would you be able to find the quote? Case closed if you can haha.

Sure, here's the quote from the Birth by Sleep Ultimania:

-- In "KHI", the robed man, Ansem the Wise's apprentice Xehanort's Heartless (the body of Xehanort's Heartless before he inhabited Riku's body), appeared on the Destiny Islands. Is this because it was Master Xehanort's homeworld?

Nomura: That may be one reason, but if he somehow had some of Terra's memories, we can consider that it might be because he had laid eyes on Riku previously. In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story * after this one.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think, given Nomura, that it's likely the case. Xehanort sees Terra's memory of a promising wielder and targets him later as Robed Figure.
It's also fun to note that in KH1 Riku doesn't adopt the one handed fighting style he, MX and Vanitas all have in common till Hollow Bastion. (first battle)

I'd wager Ansem was goading Riku towards darkness for a good amount of time to make him a perfect vessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back