• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did we ever figure this out?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen Prince

Did we ever find out who Riku saw Xion on in Days at Beast's Castle? He jumps back and yells "Who are you, really?!" did we ever find out who that was? Also, on DI in Days, I'm still a little confused on the whole Snarl of Memories scene with roxas just running off, could someone please explain that for me?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Riku either saw Sora or Kairi when he looked at Xion. As for the snarl of memories scene. Xion took on the form of different people in Sora's memories, she took on Riku's form and experienced his memory of Zexion because Riku's memories connected to Sora's and flowed into Xion, as Namine says in the novels.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Did we ever find out who Riku saw Xion on in Days at Beast's Castle? He jumps back and yells "Who are you, really?!" did we ever find out who that was?

No. Going by Nomura interviews he realized she was a Replica, however, so my money's riding on either his own face (Snarl of Memories already showed us that she was absorbing his Memories, and I can only imagine he'd relate to Sora's Memories of he himself Xion'd have had inside her by then) or the blank face (Note she was hooded and then he forced the hood off).
I understand hiding the Sora face but Xion only looked like Sora when she had all of his Memories towards the end so I doubt that. And I really do NOT think it was the Kairi face.
WE already know Xion looks like Kairi - what's the point in hiding it from us?

Also, on DI in Days, I'm still a little confused on the whole Snarl of Memories scene with roxas just running off, could someone please explain that for me?

Xion was absorbing Riku's Memories as well. This is further explained in the novels where Namine finds Riku's Memories inside Sora's Heart (having gotten there through Xion as a proxy). So Xion saw Riku's own Memories.
Roxas was on a mission on DI that day as is later evident from his journal entry and his discussion with Axel. I can only imagine he finished his mission or at least business and then took off, later telling Axel he saw a girl that looked like Xion - due to the Sora-Kairi Memory that flashed before the Riku Memory kicked in.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I thought when Snarling Memories happened, she was at CO. So I thought becuase Sora was there and his memories formed most of the rooms, she just sorta had a spaz attack or something becuase to much memories were flowing into her.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I thought when Snarling Memories happened, she was at CO. So I thought becuase Sora was there and his memories formed most of the rooms, she just sorta had a spaz attack or something becuase to much memories were flowing into her.

Only that'd be completely and utterly contradictory to
1) Riku being on DI along with her, and the scene between him and Xion that took place once Xion woke up.
2) Roxas admitting to having been on DI and there being a whole cutscene showing Riku staring at Xion, only to look up to see Roxas run by. Then Roxas told Axel about where he was, indicating that too was real.

tl;dr nope, Xion was really on DI, and Riku being so nearby was most likely what triggered the event.
A better question would be why it didn't happen when they met in Beast's Castle but if memory serves me well, Xion's been to CO by then, so that could explain that.
Alternatively, some unexplored bond between Riku and Sora that Xion finally managed to tap into by that time.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I just know one minute she's at CO, and then the next she's at DI, as Roxas, and then having the spaz attack.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Wait.....I'm so confused now! Snarl of Memories is when Xion is at DI and she becomes Riku and Sora and Roxas, right? And whole scene of Riku talking to Zexion from Com/re:com takes place. I mean, I can picture her being Roxas, looking back and forth at two, confused as to what's going on. Cause I remember Zexion starts the convo saying, "You knew this was going to happen." Or something to that effect. And then mind-fu** insues and it's like 'what the hell'? Then after the scene, it blacks out or something and Xion is being held by Riku. So..Idk..I'm confused.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Wait.....I'm so confused now!

Let's go over this slowly then, for both our sakes @A@

Snarl of Memories is when Xion is at DI and she becomes Riku and Sora and Roxas, right?

Yes, though not in that order.

And whole scene of Riku talking to Zexion from Com/re:com takes place.

Yes.

I mean, I can picture her being Roxas, looking back and forth at two, confused as to what's going on. Cause I remember Zexion starts the convo saying, "You knew this was going to happen." Or something to that effect. And then mind-fu** insues and it's like 'what the hell'? Then after the scene, it blacks out or something and Xion is being held by Riku. So..Idk..I'm confused.

No, that's basically what happened. Both Roxas and Xion were on DI on that day, so when Roxas and Axel talk afterward, Roxas is disoriented because he suffered a bit from what Xion's been through as well. What happened was that because they were so close, Riku's Memories started leaking into Xion, letting her see a Memory that only Riku had. I can only imagine that because she had so much Sora in her, for there to suddenly be anything of Riku's caused quite a shock and she collapsed. Cue Riku holding her and Roxas running by through the CoD.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Ok...I think I understand now. It's just everytime I see that scene, or think about it, it's like my mind was blown.

I remember seeing a part where someone was watching Roxas run through a portal at DI, was that after the SoM?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ok...I think I understand now. It's just everytime I see that scene, or think about it, it's like my mind was blown.

I love that scene to bit. And the timing of Xion morphing into Sora just makes me tingle at all the stuff I'm likely reading too deeply into.

I remember seeing a part where someone was watching Roxas run through a portal at DI, was that after the SoM?

It was right after. Riku just caught Xion and then looked up to see Roxas running by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back