• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did this bother anyone else?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrosseth

I was thinking about the end of KH2 where Roxas and Namine appear and talk with each other and was anyone else bothered that nobody ever mentioned Axel again after he died? Axel and Roxas were supposed to be best friends, so why doesn't Roxas even acknowlege that he died much less show any emotion? That really bothered me for some reason, because in the beginning on the game Roxas wasn't exactly warm and fuzzy with Namine especially when she told him he wasn't supposed to exist and now it's like they're best of friends just because they're the Nobodies of Sora and Kairi. I don't know if they redid something in the Final Mix to show more about them or not? :frown:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You'll find that KH2 bothered a lot of people, plot-wise, gameplay-wise, character-wise, anything else-wise...

A whole lot of flaws in scenarios written by Nojima.

Maxyli138

Well supposedly when Axel dies, the true Roxas is awakened from inside Sora and that's why Sora and Roxas fight a bit later.

I think this is how it is. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Roxas and Namine relationship makes no sense to me, so I avoid thinking about it. But yes it did bother me.

Gram

Banned
Awards
You'll find that KH2 bothered a lot of people, plot-wise, gameplay-wise, character-wise, anything else-wise...

A whole lot of flaws in scenarios written by Nojima.

this^

roxas and namine's little poltergeist scene is the least of them.

Soren

Awards
I think Sign said it best. There were alot of plot holes that made no sense. Like the CO Org members showing up in the journal for no apparent reason, or the fact that all of the stories surrounding the Disney worlds were almost completely isolated from the main story (with the exception of a few boss fights and some references). I actually didn't think about the one revolving around Roxas & Namie until I saw your post, but your right. That did kinda come out of nowhere.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Roxas/Namine thing at the end always felt like the writing trying to hammer on SoKai when it had managed to be sort of weak near the end.

Basically this. The poor blonde duo's personalities were basically shat on for the sake of a SoKai promise Sora was more than willing to break 5 minutes later by agreeing to stay in the Darkness with Riku.
All so that we won't get the SoNami reunion >_>;;;

Like the CO Org members showing up in the journal for no apparent reason

IIRC, it's all part of Roxas awakening inside Sora and thus giving him access to some of his Memories. When he and Namine "sealed the deal" with accepting being absorbed into Sora and Kairi, it even brought up some of Sora's Memories of Namine. That part was actually explained, though in interviews.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yeah agreed with both Smile and Sign

Still those aren't even the worse plot holes that game has to offer lol.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Yea it did. the ORG 13 in CO had absent sillouettes to repair the journal entry plot hole

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Yea it did. the ORG 13 in CO had absent sillouettes to repair the journal entry plot hole

wow...i'm glad they went out of their way to clear that up and not the other herpderp the game had.

Zul

Awards
Yeah agreed with both Smile and Sign

Still those aren't even the worse plot holes that game has to offer lol.

-Ursula was defeated in Kingdom Hearts 1, lets do a sing-a-long to defeat her again,as if it is the first time we met her.

-Three fairies saw a tattered robe dropped by a bird, O SHI-Maleficent is back.

-Well you see, Namine is a nobody, which means she is Kairi...err Sora's body and soul, but since Roxas is Sora's body and soul, she isn't Sora's body and soul, and thus isn't a Nobody, but needs to be absorbed back into Kairi.

Demyx & Xaldin: We need this guy to gather hearts for us, LETS KILL HIM!

Relix

A traveler
Awards
whatever bastard thought up the idea of killing a sea-witch with a musical should really really be forced to do something...something...something just fcukin awful.

why did they act like they didn't know the octo-beyotch in the first place???

edit: Zulkir your sig is mad creep-tastic man. sh!t gives me chills.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
-Three fairies saw a tattered robe dropped by a bird, O SHI-Maleficent is back.

To be petty, Memories are a pretty damn powerful thing, and the faeries' Memories of Maleficent is named as what pulled her back from the Dark Realm.

Demyx & Xaldin: We need this guy to gather hearts for us, LETS KILL HIM!

This is another one I don't mind. Even before Nomura's trollish "lol Xemnas can Wield he just DIDN'T", they had Mickey running around, and most likely were aware of Riku being a Wielder. If Sora became too much of a hassle, they had alternatives.
And Demyx was under orders to attack Sora in an attempt to awaken Roxas inside him, so.

Zul

Awards
To be petty, Memories are a pretty damn powerful thing, and the faeries' Memories of Maleficent is named as what pulled her back from the Dark Realm.

Concept? Sure. Execution? Poor. The "resurrection" of a dark being like Maleficent should have involved some serious fear and at least some sort of additional magic, not "oh dear! tsk tsk tsk".

That's like, instead of having Namine fix Sora's memories the way she did, she just claps her hands and says "yes we can!" until he wakes back up.

This is another one I don't mind. Even before Nomura's trollish "lol Xemnas can Wield he just DIDN'T", they had Mickey running around, and most likely were aware of Riku being a Wielder. If Sora became too much of a hassle, they had alternatives.
And Demyx was under orders to attack Sora in an attempt to awaken Roxas inside him, so.
I still don't believe he simply chose not to. Either he couldn't, or summoning MX's keyblade would have had some sort of affect or consequence on him that he didn't want.

I don't know about Riku being a wielder though, when we fight him on our second trip to Land of Dragons, it's still the soul eater(I think). Only when they finally get to TWTNW does a WttD show up.

Ah, I didn't know that Demyx was sent to awaken Roxas, I always wondered why they would just attack him like that. Luxord attacked him with a heartless to get him to free it's heart, it was Demyx and Xaldin that were rather confusing.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

that's...that's just awful.

the way they went about it though...one minute they care the next minute hack and slash. oh wait...they pretend to care...never mind.

lmao at Nomura's "Xemnas keyblade wielding troll status" that was terrible. i wonder how he plans to go about that.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Concept? Sure. Execution? Poor. The "resurrection" of a dark being like Maleficent should have involved some serious fear and at least some sort of additional magic, not "oh dear! tsk tsk tsk".

KH2, dear. It's still not a plot hole.

I still don't believe he simply chose not to. Either he couldn't, or summoning MX's keyblade would have had some sort of affect or consequence on him that he didn't want.

Just going by what the head-troll said.

I don't know about Riku being a wielder though, when we fight him on our second trip to Land of Dragons, it's still the soul eater(I think). Only when they finally get to TWTNW does a WttD show up.

Come to think about it, they could've given him a Keyblade. Xemnas had Aqua's stored in the CoR.
And that's before we get to the whole issue of how Riku even got the WttD. Depending on how he got it, they could've 'encouraged' him to obtain it if they got rid of Sora.

Ah, I didn't know that Demyx was sent to awaken Roxas, I always wondered why they would just attack him like that. Luxord attacked him with a heartless to get him to free it's heart, it was Demyx and Xaldin that were rather confusing.

Coliseum, 1st visit. Right after Demyx kept calling Sora Roxas several times - "If the subject fails to respond, use aggression to liberate his true disposition". At least he was trying to dig Roxas out, at least during that first round.
And that still leaves us with Mickey running around to be used, if push came to shove.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Yes, Axel is mentioned after his death, to respond to your OP. In KHIIFM+ after you beat Roxas, Roxas has a conversation with Axel in their minds where they say good-bye. Axel also tells Roxas he has a heart. You can find it here.

Crystal

Silver Member
I was thinking about the end of KH2 where Roxas and Namine appear and talk with each other and was anyone else bothered that nobody ever mentioned Axel again after he died? Axel and Roxas were supposed to be best friends, so why doesn't Roxas even acknowlege that he died much less show any emotion? That really bothered me for some reason, because in the beginning on the game Roxas wasn't exactly warm and fuzzy with Namine especially when she told him he wasn't supposed to exist and now it's like they're best of friends just because they're the Nobodies of Sora and Kairi. I don't know if they redid something in the Final Mix to show more about them or not? :frown:

Yeah. It did bother me.
Redid Final Mix to show more about them? I don't think so.
Maybe they don't even bother such precious friendship..

I agreed with what Sign said :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back