• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did they ever finish the KH2 manga?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
No, but they appear to only have one volume left to go-volume nine. I don't keep up with the manga enough to know how far along it is though, but they're finally nearing the end.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I have my sympathies with the book creator since KH2 must be torture to turn into a book series. You have everything happening at the end and nothing but fluff in the middle.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have my sympathies with the book creator since KH2 must be torture to turn into a book series. You have everything happening at the end and nothing but fluff in the middle.

Nah, Shiro Amano seemed to take it in stride. He took that long hiatus initially (probably at first from frustration) and has since pretty much rewritten KH2 the way it should have been told, cutting out second visits and pushing up important scenes.

As for Tomoco who had to do the novels, she seemed to be cool with it. She fluffed it up with more fluff and ignored the dumb fluff.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Since there seems to be some confusion: the KH2 manga is in the middle of the Battle of Hallow Bastion. And like Spockanort said, all the second trips have already been counted. So after this we can probably expect Sora to putter straight over to Twilight Town and into the World that Never Was.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Draxem, if you'd like to keep up with the manga, I'd suggest picking up Yen Press' ominibuses for Kingdom Hearts II from your local bookstore (or online from Barnes & Noble)

KH2 Vol. 1 contains 1-3.5
KH2 Vol. 2 contains 3.5-5
KH2 Vol. 3 (coming this winter) contains 6-7.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
(or online from Barnes & Noble)

Do they still have the KH1 and CoM manga and do they ship internationally? I would love to get them myself as my search in Amazon and ebay thus far has borne no fruit.

I need the manga. Not only because I want to read them in their physical form, but also to look into the opportunity to have them translated into my native language and legally published.

Ruran

Awards
Do they still have the KH1 and CoM manga and do they ship internationally? I would love to get them myself as my search in Amazon and ebay thus far has borne no fruit.

I need the manga. Not only because I want to read them in their physical form, but also to look into the opportunity to have them translated into my native language and legally published.

Yes, yes they do on both accounts if the website's information is correct~

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Ah, thanks for the information! Sure enough, I had better luck searching for those on B&N than I did on the two other sites, although some volumes are still missing. That's still a good start, though, especially considering some of them do ship internationally.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ah, thanks for the information! Sure enough, I had better luck searching for those on B&N than I did on the two other sites, although some volumes are still missing. That's still a good start, though, especially considering some of them do ship internationally.

(I should tell you that Amazon and the Hachette Book Group are having a dispute which is why they aren't there but like a month ago you would have found them for very cheap on Amazon.)

Ruran

Awards

Of the KH1 and CoM manga? Yen Press condensed them so that there are less books and bigger volums. Like, KH1 volumes 1-4 were condensed into KH Final Mix 1-2 respectively. I think CoM is now only one volume. If I recall right. I know the KH1 FM manga is definitely only two volumes now, but I'm not sure about CoM.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Blackdrazon
Since there seems to be some confusion: the KH2 manga is in the middle of the Battle of Hallow Bastion. And like Spockanort said, all the second trips have already been counted. So after this we can probably expect Sora to putter straight over to Twilight Town and into the World that Never Was.​

That can't be right because yesterday I was reading the scene with Demyx chasing after Kairi in The World That Never Was as she escaped.

Master Spockanort
Draxem, if you'd like to keep up with the manga, I'd suggest picking up Yen Press' ominibuses for Kingdom Hearts II from your local bookstore (or online from Barnes & Noble)

KH2 Vol. 1 contains 1-3.5
KH2 Vol. 2 contains 3.5-5
KH2 Vol. 3 (coming this winter) contains 6-7.​

I would love to but my local bookstore hasn't even got CoM in yet, I picked up KH1FM on it's release but none of the others have been stocked since. To be honest I'd be happy reading them online but as I went to yesterday I realized it either had never been completed or the site I was using was outdated.

Thanks guys that's all.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That can't be right because yesterday I was reading the scene with Demyx chasing after Kairi in The World That Never Was as she escaped.

Keep in mind that Amano doesn't follow the game's structure. He takes a lot of creative liberty with the story and characters. If you've played the game that he's adapting, you'll notice that he skips around all over the place.

Kairi only has one escape in the original story of KH2, after the battle at Hollow Bastion, but in Amano's version, she attempts to escape before Sora returns to HB.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Keep in mind that Amano doesn't follow the game's structure. He takes a lot of creative liberty with the story and characters. If you've played the game that he's adapting, you'll notice that he skips around all over the place.

Kairi only has one escape in the original story of KH2, after the battle at Hollow Bastion, but in Amano's version, she attempts to escape before Sora returns to HB.

I haven't read it I didn't wanna start it without having the full thing readily available so I just clicked on the last one there. Of course I've played KH2 haha. Thanks guys!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I haven't read it I didn't wanna start it without having the full thing readily available so I just clicked on the last one there.
This is the same reason I haven't bought any of the KH2 or Days manga yet.

Btw, can anyone who's bought the Final Mix versions of KH and CoM say if there's new content (or at least a new translation) in the books or if they're exactly the same as the original Tokyopop releases?

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

Btw, can anyone who's bought the Final Mix versions of KH and CoM say if there's new content (or at least a new translation) in the books or if they're exactly the same as the original Tokyopop releases?

I wouldn't be able to tell you as I didn't have the original but the final mix version of the KH1 manga has a short scene with Xemnas in it that probably wasn't in the original as it was only in the final mix version of the game? I only say this thinking of comparison between the games and I don't actually know if putting final mix on the title has any significance in terms of the manga.

As far as I know CoM hasn't changed at all.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

They did do a new translation and they added a section in the middle of the first volume of KH1 FM showing Riku finding the Keyhole to Destiny Islands and meeting Maleficent. They also added a few pages at the end of volume two of KH1 FM showing Sora meet Xemnas (like in the game). Not sure about CoM since I already had the Tokyopop version and haven't gotten the Yen Press one yet.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It would be interesting to see if he drops references to or alludes to events from Days, BBS, coded, and DDD, to help cinch the manga closely together.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix vol 1+2 contain additional pages that cover the FM content in the games as well as new translations.

CoM only has new translations.

The main issue people had with KHFM and CoM was that sometimes the shading was too dark, especially on Ansem SoD, but KHFM is worth it for the extra pages imo. CoM is nice to have bundled as one.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
The main issue people had with KHFM and CoM was that sometimes the shading was too dark, especially on Ansem SoD, but KHFM is worth it for the extra pages imo. CoM is nice to have bundled as one.

Yeah Ansem was a problem. Some of the scenes he was in with a dark background made it look like just his eyes were there. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back