• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did The Master of Masters Teach Xehanort How To Body Snatch?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was thinking about this for a while: The Master of Masters clearly was helping Luxu achieve his goal of making the Keyblade War come to fruition. For Luxu to survive all that time, he needed to keep transferring himself to younger bodies... which is exactly what Master Xehanort did (albeit for the first time) with Terra. However it seems that Luxu knew to select weak hearted individuals that he could completely dominate (like the real Braig), while Master Xehanort was blinded by power and chose Terra. Maybe the Master of Masters knew that Xehanort's arrogance/lust for power would lead him to try to possess a strong individual like Terra and ultimately lead to his demise or maybe he just didn't explain how the process works completely?

And more on this whole body snatching topic, it seems like it's going to be relevant in future games (like the whole "who are you, Luxord?" situation). Do you think there should be more lore expanded on the whole body snatching ability? Like in the Star Wars universe, how certain force skills are deemed "evil" or "forbidden"; also like in Harry Potter where there are the Unforgiveable Curses? I think it would be interesting to hear how past masters deemed the act of overtaking someone else's heart and it could add depth to Luxu's belief in the Master of Masters, seeing just how far he will go.

AR829038

Awards
That's an interesting theory, and one that holds a lot of plausibility. Personally, I'm inclined to agree with you. Furthermore, thinking back on it, I've considered something I never really thought about before.
One of the big questions I've had since the KH3 epilogue was, how is it that Luxu-Xigbar still has yellow eyes if Xehanort is supposed to be completely gone? At first, I assumed that maybe Xehanort's heart was still lingering on inside of Xigbar, which could very well be the case. And that was my assumption because we've been conditioned to associate yellow eyes with Xehanort specifically.
But, upon recalling Anti-Aqua's yellow eyes, I think I've just thought of something wild:
What if, in Birth by Sleep, when we see Braig with his new yellow eyes, it isn't because Xehanort has already transferred his heart into him, but because Luxu possessed him between his first appearance and the final battle??
After all, we never really know WHEN Luxu possessed Braig. And when we consider that 1) yellow eyes are not exclusive to Xehanort, and 2) we've never actually seen the original Luxu or what his eyes look like, then that means it could be very possible, in fact likely, that the Braig we fought in Radiant Garden really was the original guy before Luxu took control of him! That would also explain how Xigbar, bearing Luxu, continues to have yellow eyes despite the fact that Xehanort should have been exorcised from his body by that point.

okhi12

Awards
Xehanort's report IX
We Keyblade Masters have a special gift. We can extract a heart, be it our own or that of another. By continuing this cycle, it is possible to remain in the world of the living forever.

It could be that the Master of Masters taught Xehanort about it, the first trailer for the DLC seemingly points in that direction.
However, the way Xehanort says that in the report, it sounds like that ability is general knowledge among keyblade masters. But it probably is a forbidden practice, just like the unforgiveable curses. Known by everyone, but only used by the bad guys.

But the wording is ambiguous at best and Xehanort could have meant that, while keyblade masters are indeed able to do it, few know about it being possible, he could have known after the Master of Masters told him. I don't think Nomura had planned about the MoM plot when he wrote the reports for BBS, so that proves nothing at all. We'll see.
What if, in Birth by Sleep, when we see Braig with his new yellow eyes, it isn't because Xehanort has already transferred his heart into him, but because Luxu possessed him between his first appearance and the final battle??
After all, we never really know WHEN Luxu possessed Braig. And when we consider that 1) yellow eyes are not exclusive to Xehanort, and 2) we've never actually seen the original Luxu or what his eyes look like, then that means it could be very possible, in fact likely, that the Braig we fought in Radiant Garden really was the original guy before Luxu took control of him! That would also explain how Xigbar, bearing Luxu, continues to have yellow eyes despite the fact that Xehanort should have been exorcised from his body by that point.
Luxu approached Xehanort -as Braig- pretending that he wanted to be bequeathed a keyblade. It was a ruse, an excuse to become close to Xehanort in order to accomplish his role and watch Xehanort's actions closely and ensure that he would reenact the Keyblade War as the Master expected. Braig was already Luxu when Terra first met him. Proof:

Secret Report 13
Observations, Excerpt 3—
It seems this body, this name will be my last. The lives I have lived over the ages could fill volumes, but for now I must focus on what matters most.
The Keyblade has been successfully passed down, generation to generation, and it seems a Keyblade Master devoted to the darkness may finally arise. Until now, I have watched over the course of events from a distance. Perhaps the time has come to intervene. I need only play the role of a fool desirous of the Keyblade's power. I will don the mask of his ally in order to keep watch over my Keyblade from close by.
The Gazing Eye: a Keyblade forged from the eye of the Master of Masters. He passed it to me, as I have to others, and through it he can see the future—all that will ever come to pass. Spanning the ages in body after body, life after life, my task has been to keep vigil over the Eye as it passes from hand to hand. It has been a long time. Longer than I can express.
But now at least the Keyblade War has begun, and Kingdom Hearts will open—a true and complete Kingdom Hearts, born of the clash between darkness and light. I will soon be reunited with my old companions, and in that moment my long vigil will reach its end. He will return...

—Unknown

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
That's an interesting theory, and one that holds a lot of plausibility. Personally, I'm inclined to agree with you. Furthermore, thinking back on it, I've considered something I never really thought about before.
One of the big questions I've had since the KH3 epilogue was, how is it that Luxu-Xigbar still has yellow eyes if Xehanort is supposed to be completely gone? At first, I assumed that maybe Xehanort's heart was still lingering on inside of Xigbar, which could very well be the case. And that was my assumption because we've been conditioned to associate yellow eyes with Xehanort specifically.
But, upon recalling Anti-Aqua's yellow eyes, I think I've just thought of something wild:
In regards to the yellow eyes, though they were once shown and stated to be physical traits of Xehanort specifically, it's since been retconned so that Young Xehanort initially had gray eyes before and during his training (meaning he likely only gained yellow eyes after turning to darkness). That, in addition to now Anti-Aqua with yellow eyes, suggest that yellow eyes are likely just associated with darkness in general. After all, Xehanort does have a line in DDD where he says he "filled his vessels with pure darkness", so it makes sense they'd have yellow eyes in this context.

In regards to Luxu as of current, once his Nobody was destroyed and he reformed, despite likely no longer having part of Xehanort's heart (Larxene implies the Seekers became free of that when they're re-completed), he a still retained that strong affinity for darkness he developed previously. Which doesn't bode super well for his intentions at this point.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In regards to the yellow eyes, though they were once shown and stated to be physical traits of Xehanort specifically, it's since been retconned so that Young Xehanort initially had gray eyes before and during his training (meaning he likely only gained yellow eyes after turning to darkness). That, in addition to now Anti-Aqua with yellow eyes, suggest that yellow eyes are likely just associated with darkness in general. After all, Xehanort does have a line in DDD where he says he "filled his vessels with pure darkness", so it makes sense they'd have yellow eyes in this context.

In regards to Luxu as of current, once his Nobody was destroyed and he reformed, despite likely no longer having part of Xehanort's heart (Larxene implies the Seekers became free of that when they're re-completed), he a still retained that strong affinity for darkness he developed previously. Which doesn't bode super well for his intentions at this point.
Luxu being a time-bomb that could screw something up is an interesting idea, and I imagine something the Master of Master has... foretold. :cool:

Back