• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did the audio in Birth by Sleep's opening cutscene get swapped from DDD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TepidShark

Awards
I'm reviewing the cutscenes from previous games to prepare for KH3 and there was something that I wasn't sure if it was a minor change made to the PS4 version of Birth by Sleep.

For the opening cutscene with Young Xehanort ("This world is just too small") in the original PSP game this was done by David Gallagher, but later Benjamin Diskin did the same line for Dream Drop Distance. I went compared the two with the PS4 version of Birth by Sleep and while it's difficult to tell, it sounded to me like they used the Diskin reading for the PS4 version of Birth by Sleep. If that is the case, it's probably to be consistent with the other games.

Do you think this is the case? Here are YouTube links so you can compare.

- PSP Version
- PS4 Version
- Line in Dream Drop Distance (Note: it's from the DDD secret ending so spoilers for that game)

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I never knew Gallagher did that line, but hearing it now it's really obvious.

After running the two BbS clips side-by-side and comparing with DDD​, I think you're right, it definitely sounds like Diskin's line in 2.5​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back