• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Sora deserve Kingdom Key?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenger147

I've been doing some thinking lately and im wondering why Sora got Kingdom Key. Im positive that it was originally suppose to belong to Riku, but when he chose darknessto leave the ilands, it picked Sora. That means he was just a runner up. Plus Mickey said darkness isnt a bad thing, just whoever uses it and Riku isnt bad. Then in KH at Hollow Bastion it just goes to Riku like it never really was meant for a specific person. If it was, it wouldnt have chose Sora after Riku then Sora afterwards. Its like the keyblade was just using Sora. It was meant to seal KH and it just has Sora do it despite the fact that Sora talked about finding his friends then sealing KH the whole time. I think he should've gotten a different keyblade, he deserves it. What does anyone else think?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Sora got the Keyblade because Riku's heart was filling with darkness and then the keyblade went to the next best person, Sora (and Riku passed it on). Then the keyblade figured Riku's heart was good enough then so it went to him, then went back to Sora

[√]Genuflect
Welcome back Doortolight. XDD

To clear things up, Sora's heart was stronger at the time Riku gave up into the darkness.
That's why he got the KK.

Sora's heart became weak when Riku got his keyblade.

Sora's heart became strong again because of his friends.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

To clear things up, Sora's heart was stronger at the time Riku gave up into the darkness.

I've been back. But thanks. Exactly, said it better

ravenger147

Yea i know all of that but my point is did the keyblade even have a chosen weilder or was it just trying to find whoever was the strongest in the realm of light. When you look at it, if someone came with a stronger heart, it would leave Sora in an instant like it did with Riku.

[√]Genuflect
Yea i know all of that but my point is did the keyblade even have a chosen weilder or was it just trying to find whoever was the strongest in the realm of light. When you look at it, if someone came with a stronger heart, it would leave Sora in an instant like it did with Riku.
But the keyblade chooses it's master.
KK had two masters, Sora and Riku.
It was really meant for Riku but Riku got another keyblade.
It stayed with Sora cause he was also meant for it.

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com
i think it goes to whoever has a strong heart. in kh, when sora 1st arrived at the ruins of hollow bastion ,riku's heart was stronger so he took the kingdom key from him. however, when sora and the beast made it to the entrance hall sora's heart was stronger than riku's for that one moment so he regained the kingdom key. riku's heart does prove to be of some strength b/c he later gains the way to the dawn. i think sora has the kingdom key b/c he and king mickey destined to close the door to darkness. those 2 keyblades are the only keys able to seal that door.

soras other

well i always thought that sora and riku were both destined for the keyblade. because in kh2 they both had a keyblade at the same time. i think that at that time in kh the keyblade went to whoever needed it the most and thats why riku got it for a little bit because he hadnt discovered his own keyblade yet. the keyblade wielder has to pass it on to someone so sora got someones keyblade and riku got someone elses keyblade. but it kinda makes me wonder about kairis keyblade

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com
well i always thought that sora and riku were both destined for the keyblade. because in kh2 they both had a keyblade at the same time. i think that at that time in kh the keyblade went to whoever needed it the most and thats why riku got it for a little bit because he hadnt discovered his own keyblade yet. the keyblade wielder has to pass it on to someone so sora got someones keyblade and riku got someone elses keyblade. but it kinda makes me wonder about kairis keyblade

they were both ment to wield the keyblade. and you're also right about their keyblades being passed on to a successor. i saw a famitsu scan on this site a while back and it featured terra and ven watching sora and riku play on the islet. in the sunset horizons video, terra had the kingdom key and ven had the way to the dawn. so terra and ven must have chosen sora and riku to wield the keyblade. as for kairi, her heart must be very strong in order for her to wield the keyblade... or maybe it's her connection to aqua that allows her to be a keybearer.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Well, a theory I was discussing in another thread was that everybody is a potential wielder of the Keyblade, you just need a firm pure heart. It's like a sentient being, willing to choose its master. With so little Keyblades left in the world now [can't believe I'm saying that now, when so many were added in KH2] somebody definitive, and suitable for the task, needs to be chosen in order to.. well.. save the worlds really. Save the Keyblade, save the world, I say!

-- Andy

KHscholar

The keyblade chooses it's master depending on the strength of their heart. So far Sora has had the strongest heart. Riku was able to resist the darkness in his heart and his heart became stronger which is why he has a keyblade now.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Did he deserve it? NO.
Well, apparently the KK thought so, even though I would have preferred fighting with Riku as opposed to Sora, but as you already stated about the strength of the heart stuff, Riku was weaker than Sora b/c he was giving into the darkness.
It's different than how Mickey states it, about darkness' being good or evil depending on who wields it. Riku was being controlled by the darkness, it was consuming him. He was not wielding the darkness, he was being taken over by it. Later on, Riku overcomes the darkness and wields it as his weapon, but he is no longer a pawn of the darkness, and his own will is what is controlling him. Then he got the keyblade, b/c he was the chosen Keyblade wielder, and his heart was strong, and made even stronger through his ordeal with the darkness, for it takes a very strong heart to wield the darkness and not be consumed by it.
Well, in my opinion.

Last edited:
V

V.A.T.13

IMO: No. He doesn't.
But thats simply because I'm slowly growing to dislike Sora.

But anyway, Riku didn't get the keyblade because he left.
Not because of the darkness, (the keyblade doesn't care)
Not because Sora's heart was stronger,

But because he left.
Nomura explains in an interview I can pull up if anyone wants, that the darkness that was surrounding Riku, was his own. Sora, tapped deep into Riku's heart and found the light within him. That light that we see flash? That was Riku's light. Sora activated it, and the keyblade was drawn to it.

But by the time it arrived, Riku was already gone, so the keyblade thought that light belonged to Sora. But we see later in the game, Riku takes back the keyblade twice. The first time, he takes it, then gives it back to him willingly. He lets Sora have it. Later, he takes it back again, but Sora got it back because his heart was stronger for that moment.

Now, in KH2, Riku can take the Kingdom key back whenever he likes, but he chooses not to because he thinks he doesn't deserve it, and lets Sora have the glory. But as we've seen during the last fight scene, both Riku and Sora share their blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back