• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did I hear Nomura right?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

easy93

Check this out. I don't know how old this is, but this is the first time I've seen it and the thing that caught my attention was him saying that we weren't playing as Sora. Does anyone have any thoughts 'cause I'm confused as heck?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
"It's not Sora who you are familiar with this time."

Interpret that however you wish. It's commonly speculated that he's referring to Riku being the one we're "familiar with" instead.

danio13

I just hope that it won't take more that a year to hear any news about the game.
Kinda tired of the news drought.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If they want to fit the "A KH game a year" thing they have been doing since Days, then they will have it out sometime next year most likely. Or the year after. I'm going with Late Fall 2012, just to be hopeful.

I'm definitely thinking it means what Sign said. Riku will be the one in the spotlight instead of Sora. The tagline (which I just have to share all of the time) is something like "When light and darkness stand beside each other, light falls to darkness" which can mean anything. But it sounds like this is the time for Riku to finally shine. So far all of his character development has been him trying to redeem himself. Now it is time to establish himself as one of the heroes.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Etnic Woman:
That would also tie in nicely with the claim that KH 3D will shed some light on all the Terra/Eraqus/Xehanort-Mess. And when we go by the premise that Riku really has something of Terra he's bound to play a more central role.

On further observation, regarding Sora, he has to cope with the intense torment of at least three people who are connected very close to him (Ven, Xion & Roxas), not to mention the others on the to-save-list (Aqua, Terra, Naminé and maybe even Ansem the Wise).
Data-Naminé warned that by accessing the different torments too fast or the wrong way Sora's heart could be damaged...and it was actually Data-Sora who found the way to withstand it...the real one has yet to learn of it.
In this scenario Riku may take the forefront role now as well, when Sora should get in turmoil because of all the sh** happening and maybe Xehanort interfering somehow, this time Riku might be the one who has to save the day...

easy93

That'll be interesting, let's just hope Nomura doesn't let us down.

Box_ghost

If they want to fit the "A KH game a year" thing they have been doing since Days, then they will have it out sometime next year most likely. Or the year after. I'm going with Late Fall 2012, just to be hopeful.

Counting Final Mixes and japanese release dates, there's been a Kingdom Hearts game every year since 2002.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
"It's not Sora who you are familiar with this time."

Interpret that however you wish. It's commonly speculated that he's referring to Riku being the one we're "familiar with" instead.

possibly that the sora we've come to know is just his outward appearance and not what is really inside, or something?

Radar

Bronze Member
If it is real Sora then he has his body back since its after kh2. That would be cool if we could transform from sora to roxas.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well, I believe he meant that Sora isn't the main character. "there will be a character with significant importance... but it's not Sora, who you are familiar with." Basically he's saying "You're very familiar with this character named Sora. Well, the main character who brings much significance to this game is not Sora."

That's how I interpreted it. I just felt like he was saying Sora's not the main focus in 3D. Not that there's going to be a "data Sora" or whatever.

Lady-Lee

Awards
Im getting the sense that we will actually get to witness what the real sora is like. Not the hero of the universe who is all smiles and jokes. But the young man who has the fate of the universe thrusted onto his shoulders who has hidden emotions and feelings about it all. In other words a completely different person that we are not familiar with at all.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Like said, if one of the main themes of DDD is to explore the whole mess of Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus, I'd think that Riku will have more importance than Sora this time...possibly also because with all those suffering existences inside Sora, he'll maybe not in top-form.

Lady-Lee

Awards
Like said, if one of the main themes of DDD is to explore the whole mess of Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus, I'd think that Riku will have more importance than Sora this time...possibly also because with all those suffering existences inside Sora, he'll maybe not in top-form.
which could also go hand in hand with what i just said. Sora could be in so much turmoil of his own, that riku has to step up to the plate and be the one to gain the MoM

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
which could also go hand in hand with what i just said. Sora could be in so much turmoil of his own, that riku has to step up to the plate and be the one to gain the MoM

Indeed, with now so much responsibility on his shoulders I would be very surprised if Sora doesn't get at least a bit more serious.
It will then be Riku who'll guide Sora back on the right path.
However, in the end, Sora will need the exclusive knowledge of a keyblade master to 1st properly battle Xehanort and 2nd to be actually able to understand what's needed to save all the suffering ones, along with the need to explore and understand the data Ansem the Wise put in him.

Box_ghost

If it is real Sora then he has his body back since its after kh2. That would be cool if we could transform from sora to roxas.

No it wouldn't. Roxas is the third worst thing to happen to the KH series. Following Ven at second and Xion at first.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I hope we get to play more as Riku, I wished we got to play as him in KH1 since he was probably my favorite person in KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back