• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did anyone else thought that Sora was a Final Fantasy character at first when we were first-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquareDisney

-introduced to him in the first Kingdom Hearts game?

When I first started playing Kingdom Hearts, I used to think that Sora was from a Final Fantasy game because of him looking like a Final Fantasy character and because of Kingdom Hearts having Final Fantasy characters in it. But later on, I found out he was a original character strictly created for Kingdom Hearts. But still Sora is more of a Square character than a Disney one, since the people at Square were the ones that created him.

D

Deleted member 246005

When KH first came out, i had a vague idea what FF was. So i didnt make the connection till later.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
When I first saw Sora in the KH1 commercials, I....

I thought he was Pinocchio.

jahob000

I didn't know anything about this game but saw someone else playing it. Because of that, I didn't have any kind of context to guess where he was from. Well I did see the Beast and Bell were in the game but I didn't think he was from Final Fantasy. I just thought he was some weird kid with big clown shoes and a one piece jumpsuit. (Such a weird dresser XD)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn’t think so, but I had also been following this game’s development as a kid with nothing better to do on the internet. So I knew what FF characters were FF characters and what original characters were original.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Nah, my first impression or introduction of Sora came straight from Kingdom Hearts itself. I was much younger back then and I didn't hear about Final Fantasy around that time so, ironically, I thought characters like Squall, Yuffie, Cid, and Aerith were from Kingdom Hearts.

Silly me!

sephydark

Awards
I'd never even heard of Final Fantasy before I'd played Kingdom Hearts the first time, so I immediately pegged Sora as a KH original character and thought of the FF characters as though they were invented for KH as well. I did realize they were from something else due to their entries in the journal, though.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I personally don't see Sora as a FF character. Definitely JRPG material though with that spiky hair. Every time I think Final Fantasy I think of Amano's art.

Neo_

Awards
I didn’t think so, but I had also been following this game’s development as a kid with nothing better to do on the internet. So I knew what FF characters were FF characters and what original characters were original.
That's pretty impressive; my first exposure to the game was via the Brady Games guide from the library.

Laurel

Awards
The first time I saw Sora, or KH rather, was from the KH1 trailer that played during commercials back in the day. I didn't know what Final Fantasy was back then but I knew anime, so I though Sora was an anime character.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I thought Riku was Sephiroth.

I didn't play any FF before KH so I barely even heard of this Sephiroth guy everyone was going nuts over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back