• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did anyone else think that Xemnas was the most boring boss in the whole series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realm Walker

I definitely thought he was. At first, it seems promising....until the part where you have to smack enemies into the barrier, and do Stunt Dodge FOUR TIMES. This is made even worse because few of them appear at the same time. Then there's the part where you have to break a shield. What makes this annoying is that the shield turns "invincible" because a couple of Nobodies showed up. You have to kill them all before trying to break the shield again...and again. Then you have to fight him in armor. This is also repetitive, as you can only do damage on him for a while. When he stops taking damage, you have no choice but to let him send you to the sky, and try to reach him with Reaction Commands. His defensive moves are also huge time wasters, and not in a good way.

After that, you get to fight his dragon ship on a hovering vehicle. This sounds much cooler than it really is. You can only shoot lasers, attack enemies from close range, or absorb enemy lasers.....to form an even bigger laser. There are five destroyable parts of the ship, which just means five times the repetition. And half of the time, the targets wouldn't be within shooting range. How fun. Not.

Finally, you get to fight Xemnas in all of his Final Boss "glory". I still didn't find it very much fun. Why? Because he keeps on doing the thing where he throws you in the air and says "We shall go together.", and then you have to keep using Reversal to get back on the ground quicker. Or failing that, he hides behind his lasers and clones...OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Oh, and you also get to play as Riku so you can save Sora while fighting off the Xemnas clone, but he is sadly limited to just a few moves. It is also not at all hard to get to Sora; Xemnas just drags it on. The multi Reflect scene also goes on for too long.

Other bosses have some kind of repetition, but this boss takes it to an extreme.

Last edited:

Multifridgeman

I was disappointed with the final set of bosses. The one with 'Disappeared' in the background amused me.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I didn't mind it. On my very first playthrough it felt kind of grand, so... -shrugs-

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I thought it was really fun my first time. It was easy, but awesome. Especially that first battle, I loved how it was dark and mysterious. And the music made it even better, lol.

I still find it kinda fun, I guess. Tedious, with all those boss stages, but some aspects are cool.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I like it a lot. Too me it was just cool even though it was really really easy.

blackberi

I was replaying KH2 a month ago and after I beat it, I had to remind myself, "oh yeah, the game ended..." After picking up KH2 and playing it again after so many years, it made me realize how awful Xemnas is as a boss. Easy, too repetitive, and boring. Did I mention it was repetitive?

So yeah, I agree wholeheartedly.

teardrop

I kinda thought he was fun the first few times around. The different stages and everything made for something interesting to look. Some of the things you had to do added some variety. Sure, he wasn't the hardest boss, but he definitely left me screaming at the TV every now and then.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
The music, aesthetics, and novelty of the fight(s) during the first time or two don't make it very noticeable, but I agree; even the Infernal Engine in 358/2 Days has a less noticeable pattern to its fight. It's also more interesting when, at level thirty-something, he poses an actual threat.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
First few times I played it I was so engrossed. Loved the music and the "epic" feel it gave. But after the first few plays the novelty ran out since I had learned the battle pattern after the first play.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Not really. There were some pretty epic moments, like slicing a building into pieces with the keyblade and Sora finishing Xemnas. But it was very easy, and I didn't really enjoy fighting Xemnas on his throne when he could blow you away and you'd have to get back on his platform. The fight really highlighted the KH series and if they had the design (Reactions and combos) that they did when they made KH1, that final fight could have been even cooler.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I loved the theme. The fight itself wasn't incredibly difficult but I enjoyed it the first couple times...after that it was just like watching a rerun of your favorite tv show: not entirely boring but gives the 'been there, done that.' feel.

αsiя

space coke
Shit battle compared to Ansem. The flying segment was annoying, the final stage itself was nothing special or challenging (although the same can be said for Ansem, but the atmosphere and music made up for it.) I probably liked it when I first played it, but now I can't seem to even have the nerve to finish it, but I can still beat Ansem any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back