• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did anyone else pronounce it wrong?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

baconbits

I remember i called Marluxia Mar-lucks-ee-uh.
hahaha.

That's not how you pronounce it?... oh well i'm sticking to it

Because it doesn't generally make a "she" sound when it comes to the organization members.

Roxas, Axel, Larxene, Demyx, Vexen, Zexion, Luxord, Saix, and Lexaeus all have cks sounds.
Xemnas, Xigbar, and Xaldin have Z sounds.
Only Marluxia and Xion have "she" sounds. And until Days came out, only Marluxia had that sound in his name. So I can understand very well why it sounded wierd to everyone who was used to the way it sounds in the majority of the org members' names.

Like I said before "Xi-" makes a "she" sound. You see anyone you mentioned in there with an "Xi" in their name? Just Zexion. Zexion, Marluxia, and Xion. All with "she" sounds in their name. Really an X's sound depends on the letters around it. As you may notice, Roxas, Axel, Larxene, etc. like you said have "cks" sounds. While Lexaeus' is an odd case where it is almost both.

At first I thought I was supposed to argue what you said but now I'm beginning to realize ur almost agreeing with me...

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Like I said before "Xi-" makes a "she" sound. You see anyone you mentioned in there with an "Xi" in their name? Just Zexion. Zexion, Marluxia, and Xion. All with "she" sounds in their name. Really an X's sound depends on the letters around it. As you may notice, Roxas, Axel, Larxene, etc. like you said have "cks" sounds. While Lexaeus' is an odd case where it is almost both.

At first I thought I was supposed to argue what you said but now I'm beginning to realize ur almost agreeing with me...

Ha, okay, it seems I misread your initial post. XD; I didn't see the i after the X. My apologies, you were correct. ^^;

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
The moment I saw the first trailer that I found, I was like 'oh, it's shee-on, she's so adorable XD' then I never changed my pronunciation from then on.

Before that I never knew Xion (since I wasn't here yet XD)

Diastyl

At first I used to say "Zie-on" and then now I say "Shi-on" but then I realize they pronounce it "Shi-own" in the English version..........

RandomNobody

I pronounced it "Zee-on". When Axel said her name he kind of sounded french for some reason, but I say it like he does now.

Qu?bec

I'm French and in french x sounds more like "Ks" so I always pronounced it Ks-ion and I still do it. I don't like how Sh-ion sounds

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I knew it was She-on, but I liked Zee-on more before, now i like it how it is :3

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Hmm well out of the 14 members of the Organization I only mispronounced Marluxia and Xion's names. I thought I was saying Lexaeus's name wrong but I heard it in Re: CoM and they said like I did so I was kinda happy there. :p

Awards
I got it right the first time. I figured that was how it was said based on the other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back