• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Anyon Else Find The HD Remake A Little Easier?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HK Motendra

Awards
I have played and still have both the original and its HD remake. It may be just me, but going through each world seemed to be less challenging than from how I remembered KHI to be.

Like, I used to have trouble with some of the bosses, such as Dragon Maleficent, Riku/Ansem, Chernabog, along with End of The World in the original, and tackled through all of them with more ease and without dying. If I ever did die, I'd nail it after the second attempt (except for Sephiroth, who's damn near impossible for me, and only beat once in the original > <;)

Maybe its just because I'm more experienced now than before? Note that I always start every KH game on standard

Gram

Banned
Awards
I did but I attribute that to all the times I played my KH games since the original. At this point it'd be next to impossible for me to find 1.5 hard.

Antar

Awards
It's definitely the experience you've had. Playing KH 1.5 on standard was more difficult for me than the standard mode on other KH titles.

Quizler

Awards
You were probably alot younger when you first played the game, in addition to all the experience you've gained from the series. On top of that, Leaf Bracer was added into Final Mix which has saved millions of lives.

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
I guess it was easy for me because I already knew what to do. I was only 9 when I played it and didn't understand. Now I went through the trouble of getting the Ultimate weapon and doing the extra boss battles. So..I guess since I went from Beginner to Standard mode to Proud mode I found it to be easy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix was rebalanced in places due to the addition of the Zero EXP ability in Expert mode. You will notice that bosses like the Trickmaster are harder but Riku II is significantly easier (but not any less frustrating).

For any of you who played in Expert, this should account for certain battles.

Also when you are 12 years older than when you first played the game, things tend to just get easier.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I believe you're given abilities through defeating bosses when using Zero EXP, correct?

I'm not exactly sure. I'm sure it gives the abilities that would be given automatically through the story, but from what I am aware, Zero EXP makes it so bosses have lower damage output and gives you an innate Second Chance ability where bosses can't 1H-KO you.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It's definitely not as fine tuned as Zero EXP in KH2FM, which is a shame because I prefer KH1FM and would've liked to have had a more polished Lvl 1 Playthrough. But, it's just a remaster so it's forgivable.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I've found the more people I talk to that KH1's difficulty is radically changed based on your choices during the Dive to the Heart. Taking Sword seems to drop difficulty precipitously, for example, while Staff makes the game harder (it makes 100%ing the game easier, mostly thanks to Lucky Strike).

EDIT: Oh, of course, and the EXP curve (Leaving at Dawn/Noon/Night).

If you're having a different sort of experience, tell me, I'm trying to keep my data in shape.

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Not many people actually seem to take Shield, it's funny. But dropping Shield seems to be an all-around bad idea.

A good general rule seems to be "If your Attack is high, you'll have an easy time. If your Defence is low, you'll have a bad time," footnoted: "What's Magic?" My recent Sword minus Staff run seemed to be the easiest I've seen, too bad Sword gets Lucky Strike at level 90. :S

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
When I was a kid I wanted to be able to charge with the shield.. Imagine my surprise when Goofy did it a few hours later.

FM adding Leaf bracer made things too easy btw, I think Leaf Bracer is a cheap ability.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I find Leaf Bracer keeps the game more in line with the others... but you're still right, it does make the game much easier.

EDIT: That all said, I noticed in the other thread that you said you have an easy time fighting Riku 2 because you can block his attacks? I think that tells us you've gotten better at the game over the years, full stop. Toss out everything else we've said, because that's something kids generally can't do. I can't do it now.

You can imagine how much easier the game would be if you weren't taking damage, after all. I've seen my friend play, he can pull it off, and it's clear he's having an easier time of it.

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Considering the enemies hit harder than the plain vanilla version even in the same difficulty level (and some people will need to heal more frequently), I personally would say Leaf Bracer is a boon.

Besides, if you are raring for some challenge, you can just opt not to equip Leaf Bracer. It's not like it's a compulsory ability. It's just like how people complain in Pokemon XY that global EXP Share makes things easier while forgetting that it can be turned off, but that's a topic for another day.

BlueKey777

Banned
Well assuming that you've played KH before it would make sense that KH 1.5 was easier for you since you've already played that game before...

kh13

I have played and still have both the original and its HD remake. It may be just me, but going through each world seemed to be less challenging than from how I remembered KHI to be.

Like, I used to have trouble with some of the bosses, such as Dragon Maleficent, Riku/Ansem, Chernabog, along with End of The World in the original, and tackled through all of them with more ease and without dying. If I ever did die, I'd nail it after the second attempt (except for Sephiroth, who's damn near impossible for me, and only beat once in the original > <;)

Maybe its just because I'm more experienced now than before? Note that I always start every KH game on standard

You should try it on the proud mode. Maybe then it might be more of a challenge for you. Good luck if you do decide to try the game on proud mode!

BlueKey777

Banned
proud mode is especially intense for this game I remember dieing several time just fighting the darkside :(

MyNameisAnsem

Well, it hasn't been really difficult for me so far, but in all honesty, I did use a guide so I could use the quicker level up track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back