• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

did anybody else... hate Aqua?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The only thing that really bugs me is that pretty much all of her battle cries are some variation of "ha!" Needs some more variety like Terra and Ven, like "uwa!" or "ya!" or "rah!"

Gram

Banned
Awards
all the battles cries bother me i wish they didnt have them, but im weird taht way.

Z

Zulkir

The only thing that really bugs me is that pretty much all of her battle cries are some variation of "ha!" Needs some more variety like Terra and Ven, like "uwa!" or "ya!" or "rah!"

Personally I prefer "ORO COME RUBY!" and "UBOAAA" but FINE have it your way.

Sadie808

I hated Aqua with a passion!... jk!

I like her voice actor but some of aqua parts were blah like this for example

"My name is master Aqua now return my friends heart or pay the price!" sounded corny

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
"My name is master Aqua now return my friends heart or pay the price!" sounded corny

I think corny is one of the nicest ways to put it. I loved Aqua don't get me wrong, but I think her voice actor really hurt her. Many of her lines came across as flat, and with flat, emotionless lines, how can she expect to give Aqua a real character. Personally, that line you said from the Last Episode was the perfect example, had that line been really emotional, she could have gotten a lot of people to like her at the end at least.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
i love her but hate her voice. after playing english bbs ventus is now above her on my fav kh characters.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think corny is one of the nicest ways to put it. I loved Aqua don't get me wrong, but I think her voice actor really hurt her. Many of her lines came across as flat, and with flat, emotionless lines, how can she expect to give Aqua a real character. Personally, that line you said from the Last Episode was the perfect example, had that line been really emotional, she could have gotten a lot of people to like her at the end at least.
her VA nearly ruined her imo.
the jap VA does a awesome job (not that i understand anything) but theres emotion it seems real i guess, with the english VA....yeah......
same for terra it took a bi to get used to him and MX.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It's kind of hard for me because Aqua's Japanese voice annoyed the heck out of me while the English one is pretty emotionless. Both of them are bad in their own way in my honesty opinion.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's kind of hard for me because Aqua's Japanese voice annoyed the heck out of me while the English one is pretty emotionless. Both of them are bad in their own way in my honesty opinion.
really? i like the jap VA tho that could be due to the english VA being not so good.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
really? i like the jap VA tho that could be due to the english VA being not so good.

It's just that her voice annoys the heck out of me. It's like watching a Fred video, it's just awful.
Of course I feel the same way for A LOT of Japanese female voice actors. Why do they seriously make their voices so high-pitched? I highly doubt anybody would naturally sound like that.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's just that her voice annoys the heck out of me. It's like watching a Fred video, it's just awful.
Of course I feel the same way for A LOT of Japanese female voice actors. Why do they seriously make their voices so high-pitched? I highly doubt anybody would naturally sound like that.

XD maybe they cant help it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

In this case, I blame Nomura for directing Toyoguchi to give Aqua the generic anime girl voice :\
It's not that it's bad, but it just bothers me, though not as much as Risa Uchida's Kairi/Xion voice.

She was probably just trying to sound younger, but it came out more Japanese chipmunk.

Apparently that was closer to her real voice.

Sempied

her VA nearly ruined her imo.
the jap VA does a awesome job (not that i understand anything) but theres emotion it seems real i guess, with the english VA....yeah......
same for terra it took a bi to get used to him and MX.
Thats the problem like what people did with Terra fans compare to the Japanese, and then regard it usually horribly. Willa wasn't the "cute", or typical anime character that some percieve her to be. Aqua is a empathetic, caring, cautious, calmed, and intelligent protagonist. I'm not saying "Her Japanese perspective was horrible!" I'm simply saying that alot of people aren't looking at Willa's performance in the entire view.

S

Shadows

I loved aqua in the jp version but in the usa version her voice fits her fine, but her tone is so boring.

Dannydecay

Her lines were flat, but I loved her character. She strong willed and brave, it was very refreshing to say the least.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
my opinion on VA's

Terra: Excellent
Eraqus: Excelent
Ven: ok
Aqua: needs to be shot
Master Xehanort: he did a good job but i personally did not like the voice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back