• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Adam really have 2 wives?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
When I first read and heard about a woman named "Lilith" I was very skeptical of the theory or whatever of her being Adam's first wife. However, I was reading out of my bible and stumbled on this, Genesis 1: 27-28,

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them."

Now go to Genesis 2: 21-23

"So the Lord God caused a sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh; taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man."

I'm curious to what you guys think, but I'm gonna go do some research.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
The first I heard or saw of Lillith was in a Shin Megami Tensei game, surprisingly. How they portrayed her was a naked woman with a snake wrapped around her and in the biography, it explains that Lillith was Adam's unfaithful wife.

In the Torah, I think, Lilith refused to be faithful to Adam and thus, left the Garden of Eve. She refused to return there. She also mated with Archangel Samael, thus having children called Lilim. However, Lilith was warned about her actions, and forced her to return to the Garden of Eden. Lillith refused, thus God vowed that one hundred children of Lilliths will die.

As revenge, she kills newborns of 8 days after birth for boys and 20 days after birth for girls.

In a nutshell, Lillith is the evil counterpart of Adam. Eve is the goodness extracted from Adam.

Xenin

Banned
I actually just recently got intrested in her. Apparently she was Adam's first wife. But unfortunatly they argued about who would be on top in intercourse. Adam said "Since I'm main and I was first so I'm dominent!" She grew to hate Adam. She then asks God to give her wings so she can calm down. When she does she flies off. Adam pleads with God to give him a better wife in which he does (Eve). She then grows to be increadibly hateful of God. From this hate God cursed her saying 100 of her babies were to die a day.(Becuase that was Lillith's main goal to have a child)

She eventually met with the Archangel Micheal in which she married and had a baby with. But thanks to the curse it died. Eventually God stopped it by making Micheal starrel. After this Lillith left him becuase he couldnt have a baby. She then started having babies with humans and angels (Fallen angels/demons). It is said if she lays with Satan she we birth the quenn of all witches..

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
funny how the bible or the qu'ran doesn't mention lillith only the torah

The Bible does, in some translations, mention "the lilith." This can be found in Isaiah 34:14. But it is not the mythological air demon "Lilitu"/ "second wife" to Adam but rather refers to an animal possibly a bird of some sort- most likely the Nightjar.

That is pretty much the only place you will find it out of all of the Hebrew (including the Torah) and Christian Greek scriptures. I think when you said Torah, you meant Talmud, which is really a root from Babylonish teachings. Interestingly enough, as I have pointed out in several other discussions, most of today's religions do in some form have tied up in their doctrines Babylonian ideas.

Not too sure about the Quran's inclusion/exclusion of Lilith though.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Nope, no Lilith in the Qu'ran. Prophet Adam (pbuh) only had one wife, and that was lady Eve.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Not really a believer per se, but I have always been fascinated with the Bible and it's stories.

Lilith is very interesting, too but some questions come up.

Where did she come from?

What ever happened to her?

Why is she called the first demon?

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Lilith was Adam's first wife who was born in a giant egg which is now our moon. Then she was captured after the second impact, her blood now feeds giant biological mech clones of Adam who is now in an embryonic state. And for whatever reason giant angels are attacking Earth, their mission being to find Adam. Though they're really just reaching Lilith coincidently. But then Adam gets consumed by a mind fucked 15 year old who then combines with Lilith to create the third impact. Only two humans survive, or course it is a male and a female. Unfortunately both of these characters are mind fucked, and one tries to kill the other...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Lilith was Adam's first wife who was born in a giant egg which is now our moon. Then she was captured after the second impact, her blood now feeds giant biological mech clones of Adam who is now in an embryonic state. And for whatever reason giant angels are attacking Earth, their mission being to find Adam. Though they're really just reaching Lilith coincidently. But then Adam gets consumed by a mind fucked 15 year old who then combines with Lilith to create the third impact. Only two humans survive, or course it is a male and a female. Unfortunately both of these characters are mind fucked, and one tries to kill the other...

It took me a few seconds to realize what you were referencing.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Just like xiolio_tiessa628, I saw a show on the history channel about things banned from the bible. It's very interesting that this would be left out.
Lilith was Adam's first wife who was born in a giant egg which is now our moon. Then she was captured after the second impact, her blood now feeds giant biological mech clones of Adam who is now in an embryonic state. And for whatever reason giant angels are attacking Earth, their mission being to find Adam. Though they're really just reaching Lilith coincidently. But then Adam gets consumed by a mind fluffed 15 year old who then combines with Lilith to create the third impact. Only two humans survive, or course it is a male and a female. Unfortunately both of these characters are mind fluffed, and one tries to kill the other...
Explosions in the shapes of crosses!
Eva_cross_explosion.png

C

Celtic Heart

Yes, Adam had two wives. According to the Rabbitic Midrash, the first one was Lilith who was created from the dust of the Earth at the same time as Adam. When Adam insisted that she always be "beneath him in intercourse" it was a both literal and metaphoric. It was a metaphore for her to be always submissive to Adam. She felt she was equal to him because they were created at the same time. The biblical Lilith is not only mentioned in Isaiah 34:14 she is mentioned in literature from Mesapotamia as a winged Goddess.

Eve was created to replace Lilith when Lilith refused to return to Eden and be summissive to Adam. From antiquity, the story has been the basis of women being treated as chattels and as second class citizens. It was carried so far that the early Christian church did not admit that women had souls until the 4th century after the death of Christ.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yes, Adam had two wives. According to the Rabbitic Midrash, the first one was Lilith who was created from the dust of the Earth at the same time as Adam. When Adam insisted that she always be "beneath him in intercourse" it was a both literal and metaphoric. It was a metaphore for her to be always submissive to Adam. She felt she was equal to him because they were created at the same time. The biblical Lilith is not only mentioned in Isaiah 34:14 she is mentioned in literature from Mesapotamia as a winged Goddess.

Eve was created to replace Lilith when Lilith refused to return to Eden and be summissive to Adam. From antiquity, the story has been the basis of women being treated as chattels and as second class citizens.

Refer to:

The Bible does, in some translations, mention "the lilith." This can be found in Isaiah 34:14. But it is not the mythological air demon "Lilitu"/ "second wife" to Adam but rather refers to an animal possibly a bird of some sort- most likely the Nightjar.

That is pretty much the only place you will find it out of all of the Hebrew (including the Torah) and Christian Greek scriptures. I think when you said Torah, you meant Talmud, which is really a root from Babylonish teachings. Interestingly enough, as I have pointed out in several other discussions, most of today's religions do in some form have tied up in their doctrines Babylonian ideas.

Not too sure about the Quran's inclusion/exclusion of Lilith though.

Celtic Heart said:
It was carried so far that the early Christian church did not admit that women had souls until the 4th century after the death of Christ.

Ah, the third and fourth centuries, the periods where even more teachings not from the Bible were thrown into "Christian" dogma.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Gotta say, This is the first time I have ever come across this. I've only ever seen a Lillith or heard about her in that game. Interesting. But from my research it seems theres dozens of stories about this woman, and they differ quite a lot. Like some say she was a twin of Adam, whilst another says they were conjoined twins, and then of course what everyone else has mentioned. And from what your all saying she just seems like a mythological creation to be honest. Folkore created in the 7th-10th Century apparently. I personally haven't come across her in my studies of christianity either but Forver Atlas has mentioned that verse of Isiaiah 34:14. Can't seem to find it in the one I have, the KJV version. This verse reads:

The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.
[Isiaiah 34:14]

Maybe in other versions but what about the original Hebrew text, does anyone know what that says? Just curious. And that chapter has always confused me. It mentions mythilogical creatures as if they were real, such as unicorns and dragons and satyrs and whatnot. Maybe you'd like to enlighten on the historical context of this cuz it just seems a little too fairytale. Plus it would be better if we gave references to this stories we've posted up from apparently the Torah and Talmud for proof.

I'd like to make it clear that this person does not exist in the religion of Islam. Adam was the first man created and Hawa (translated Eve) was the first woman created(PBUT). No creation of Lillith. For more information on this I refer you to this link of the Stories of the Prophets which gives a very detailed life of the Prophet Adam (PBUH). (http://kalamullah.com/Books/Stories%20Of%20The%20Prophets%20By%20Ibn%20Kathir.pdf) It gives the references from the Quran and Hadiith about the Prophet Adam and his wife.

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Gotta say, This is the first time I have ever come across this. I've only ever seen a Lillith or heard about her in that game. Interesting. But from my research it seems theres dozens of stories about this woman, and they differ quite a lot. Like some say she was a twin of Adam, whilst another says they were conjoined twins, and then of course what everyone else has mentioned. And from what your all saying she just seems like a mythological creation to be honest. Folkore created in the 7th-10th Century apparently. I personally haven't come across her in my studies of christianity either but Forver Atlas has mentioned that verse of Isiaiah 34:14. Can't seem to find it in the one I have, the KJV version. This verse reads:

The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.
[Isiaiah 34:14]

Maybe in other versions but what about the original Hebrew text, does anyone know what that says? Just curious. And that chapter has always confused me. It mentions mythilogical creatures as if they were real, such as unicorns and dragons and satyrs and whatnot. Maybe you'd like to enlighten on the historical context of this cuz it just seems a little too fairytale. Plus it would be better if we gave references to this stories we've posted up from apparently the Torah and Talmud for proof.

I'd like to make it clear that this person does not exist in the religion of Islam. Adam was the first man created and Hawa (translated Eve) was the first woman created(PBUT). No creation of Lillith. For more information on this I refer you to this link of the Stories of the Prophets which gives a very detailed life of the Prophet Adam (PBUH). (http://kalamullah.com/Books/Stories%20Of%20The%20Prophets%20By%20Ibn%20Kathir.pdf) It gives the references from the Quran and Hadiith about the Prophet Adam and his wife.

As my posts before mentioned, it is NOT the mythological Lilith mentioned in the Bible but a bird. Just as your KJV shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back