• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Diaries of a Shadow.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
but a taste....

It’s difficult to exist in a realm of light, especially when you being is made from the darkness in people’s heart. Yes that’s right I’m a heartless. Kind of strange isn’t it, we are called heartless yet all we are is darkness in people’s hearts. It’s all we are. Its even more difficult when you a a shadow. Bottom of the food chain. Pushed around by everyone. Here I am just doing my job and along comes Mr pirate heartless swinging at me with a giant sword. Stupid fool won’t even admit the thing is plastic.

Destiny Islands

So I guess it all began around a year ago. My first day on the job, the start of a promising and prosperous future, or at least I thought. It seemed like a pretty standard mission - go to place, find door to the heart of the world, plunge the world into darkness. Little did they warn us that none other than the KEYBLADE WIELDER would be there! We arrive at destiny islands. All is well, going according to plan. Then out of no where this smug spiky haired kid starts smacking us around with a giant key.

Heartless folklore tells of a menace of a man with a giant key having the ability to destroy us, but that’s just folklore, and this was a kid not a man. Regardless, I could hardly believed my tiny yellow eyes. I should also note that we don’t have yellow eyes. The boys (and girl) on top make us get eye drops before we go into battle. Its supposed to make as more evil looking.

Anyway, back to the story. So here I am on some god forsaken island looking for some damn door when this kid rocks up. Now at this point I wasn’t sure what to believe, I mean he was a kid, and plus it was a myth. But before I knew it this kid was smashing me on the head with a giant key. I don’t know if that has happened to you, but its pretty humiliating to be beaten up by a kid, especially when you are being beaten up by a key no less. Even if the key is freakishly big

We had to call in the big guns. Our superior officer – Darkside. A giant of a heartless. But don’t let his appearance fool you, he’s as nice as they come, happily married with a couple of kids. He’s had me over for dinner a few times actually. Well anyway that’s another story. On the battlefield he’s a machine. Despite this the kid fought his might with Darkside. Then things got interesting.

The world collapsed. And me being new was left drifting in darkness. *sigh* I sat for hours and hours just floating. Yeah no worries don’t worry about the new guy. Smug pricks. It got to a state in which the only was I could sustain my sanity was to narrate my own life. It went something like this

‘As I sat in darkness. I couldn’t help but wonder what waited for me, or even if time was relevant in this constant state of darkness, or does darkness even exist………….’

It went on like this for several hours. It is not my most treasured memory. In my unstable state of narration a light appeared in front of me. I ventured towards the light and wound up in this very strange city. Dark city.

The World That Never Was

So I arrive at this so called dark city. Interestingly enough I couldn’t help but think of the irony of walking through a bright light and arriving in a dark city. Anyways, that place was huge. The sort of place light could get lost in the darkness more ghastly than jazz fusion, or trapped in a neon maze. You get the idea. It was big and dark. Without much thought as to where I was going I began to tread towards the city;s floating castle.

I arrived on what seemed to be the main street. As I walked down the street I couldn’t help but notice the alarming number of other heartless. Usually one would be overwhelmed when walking through a crowded city of heartless you do not know. But I had spent what I at least hoped was hours and not months narrating my life floating in nothingness. I was happy to at least see fellow shadows.

“You get on their bad side and they’ll destroy you!” I looked over sighting a man in a black cloak with red hair yell at another boy in a black cloak who seemed suspiciously familiar…. What was weird about the event was I had no intention to attack, none what so ever, curious, very curious indeed. Consequently my curiosity was soon satisfied. After walking for what I can only assume was a while. I stumbled upon without a doubt the biggest building in the city, Memory’s Skyscraper. An apartment building for residents of the dark, and my future home.

Owner of the place was a neo-shadow by the name of Tony. Good guy, total hard ass on the rent but good guy. Has an ear to the street, knows what’s going on when its going on so to speak. From the minute I stepped in the place he could tell I was new to the city. He set me up with a nice two bedroom apartment and even made some phone calls to get me a job. I am forever in his debt.

I remember as he led me to my room, I asked about the two guys in black cloaks I had just seen.

“Hey tony, do you know about any guys in black cloaks?” I asked.
He turned around. His eyes began to glow yellow.
“You see these” he asked pointing to his eyes. “These ain’t no where near as scary as dem’ nobodies. You keep your distance and they’ll keep theirs. Besides ain’t no point trying to take their hearts, they ain’t got em’.

I stepped into my newly purchased apartment. Home sweet home. Time for a drink.

The World That Never Was Part II

So here I am where am I you ask? The Dark City sitting in my small apartment. It’s been a few weeks since I moved in. I’ve gotten pretty comfortable. Tony was able to set me up with a job making glowing eyes drops for my heartless counter parts. The hours are long, but its rewarding work.

It’s at work that I met, Charles Wealth, Manager. Yes he was my boss. But he was also increasingly becoming one of my greatest assets. He was the one who would get me back on the battle scene. The Soldier heartless was said to have great connections. There were rumours going around work that he even knew the notorious Captain Pete personally. I worked harder than ever to gain his respect and get myself back in the action.

I had my doubts about the so called, prestige of this manager. Something was up. Working home from work I had caught glimpses of him staring at the floating castle. Something was fishy. I could smell trouble. I knew I’d best be gone from this place before that happens.

Opportunity! If only I had one. This was going to be bad. From what I had learned these nobodies had an interesting trait. These chumps were able to possess our minds, turning us into puppets I say! Puppets on a string. No more poetry and glasses of red. Oh no. the days of one relying on ones heartless mind were gone in this deep dark city. More and more apartments were becoming vacant. Their former occupiers, victim to these devious shells.

Though I still knew little about these nobodies. I knew enough. There was a war coming. A battle of heart versus shell. There was only one outcome. I needed to escape and soon!

Land of Dragons

Who would of thought just days ago, I was about to face my doom, another victim to the vicious dark city riots against the nobodies. I high-tailed it out of there, traveling through a portal of darkness which so conveniently appeared in front of me, coincidentally at the same time I was about to be consumed by darkness for good. I was lucky, a narrow escape for old Chester Williams (that’s my name if you hadn’t noticed.)

However it wasn’t the safest option. Again I found my self narrating the thoughts that popped into my head as I floated in darkness. However this time, this time was different. Perhaps my long conversations with Tony, or the long hours in the salt mines, But somehow id learned to control this power. And so I saw a light, more than I light, I felt a breeze, a cold utterly freezing breeze, belonging to the land of dragons.

You wouldn’t believe it, but a shadow call also fall victim to the below freezing temperature of such a world. However this was the last thing on my mind. It seems I had arrived at a particularly interesting moment in the history of the land of dragons. There he was, that dreaded boy and his giant key at it again. Luckily for me, the menace hadn’t spotted me yet, something had his attention. Following his eye line I looked up and there he was, Shan-Yu, the most savage man I had ever met. However this beast of a man wasn’t alone. There stood hundreds of fellow heartless. Not the good kind though, these were Rapid Thrusters. Trust me their name speaks for themselves, these horny flying yellow triangles are hated by everyone, (except of course other rapid thrusters.)

Something was not right with these guys however; they were as savage as the leader. They stormed down the mountain towards the kid, who I know noticed was accompanied by a dog walking on its kind legs carrying a shield, an over sized duck who had the capacity to annoy someone on sight, And another boy in armour… at least I think it was a boy.

Regardless this armored chap new what he was doing. Though my memory is a little vague, from what I can gather is he shot an exploding lizard at the side of a mountain, consequently nearly killing all of us, genius pure genius.

I scrambled my way out of the freezing white substance which I blamed for the down right depressing temperature to nothing, absolutely nothing. White for as far as the eye could see. Finally peace and quiet, despite the weather, I thought I could really live here, hiding in the mountains, just me, my poetry and the occasional red wine. Unfortunately Shan Yu had different plans for me.

Land of Dragons Part II

Let me just say this, if you are ever given the chance to meet a power hungry Hun leader, don’t. A lack of dental hygiene is one of many un-pleasantries. Unfortunately for me this is exactly who I met, Shan – Yu. Having survived the avalanche, the man was out to rebuild his forces. His problem however, was that his forces, the frisky little rapid thrusters did not survive. And then he saw me.

My dreams of poetry and wine were shattered in one single glance. He stared at me, long and hard. Had I not known his savage nature, I would have had little doubt that he was checking me out, anyway that’s when I begun. Another unpleasant trait of the power hungry Hun is their methods of persuasion. Quite simple really, work for me. Or die. and dyeing was not something I intended on doing, I was ready to die, my memoirs were not written.

My task rather easy, find heartless, assemble force to attack city. What people don’t understand about us shadows is that we are the administration of the heartless foundation; you could say organization is out forte. By the weekend I had gathered enough troops to keep Shan Yu from slicing me into tiny bits as he had so promised. The task was no where near as easy as I had originally thought. The Assault riders were a cocky bunch; yet what the gained in brawn they lacked in brain; it was simply a game of wits. The Night Walkers however were a nightmare. I mean these guys are off the scale, believing they belong to some sort of religious coup, these guys were absolutely insane. Not to mention they had their own language, meaning me, Chester Williams had to convince them through methods of interpretive dance. This was perhaps the only time 12 years of jazz and ballet has ever paid off.

The force was assembled, ready to move out. at dawn we struck. The main force struck the city directly; while a much smaller force led by Shan Yu himself attacked secretly form behind. Our objective, get the Emperor. And to my surprise we did. While trying to find a good place to get a bowl of fried rice amongst the chaos, I looked over to Shan Yu with his sword to the emperor’s neck. Another distasteful trait of the Huns, this sadly is how they communicate with foreigners.

However it seems Key boy was in on the excitement. I was intrigued; I needed a better view of the potential beating of Shan Yu. I climbed on top of the nearest building, which just so happened to be the palace. The perfect view. For once I found myself cheering for the kid; however he was getting beaten, quite badly. Had it not been for a mouse with another giant key, perhaps it would have been the end of Key Boy. However the mouse jumped in and then back out, was I the only one to notice him? I would have thought it a trick of the imagination, had he not landed on the roof meters from me. This could have been the end, Chester Williams killed by a mouse with a giant key. I had two options attempt to face the mouse, or jump. Both potentially resulted in my death. I jumped.

I woke with a start, looking up, something was different. I was no longer in the Land of Dragons.

If you like the story feel free to rep :p
a little incentive never hurt anyone.

Last edited:

Faris

Perfect Harmony
The World That Never Was

So I arrive at this so called dark city. Interestingly enough I couldn’t help but think of the irony of walking through a bright light and arriving in a dark city. Anyways, that place was huge. The sort of place light could get lost in the darkness more ghastly than jazz fusion, or trapped in a neon maze. You get the idea. It was big and dark. Without much thought as to where I was going I began to tread towards the city;s floating castle.

I arrived on what seemed to be the main street. As I walked down the street I couldn’t help but notice the alarming number of other heartless. Usually one would be overwhelmed when walking through a crowded city of heartless you do not know. But I had spent what I at least hoped was hours and not months narrating my life floating my life in nothingness. I was happy to at least see fellow shadows.

“You get on their bad side and they’ll destroy you!” I looked over sighting a man in a black cloak with red hair yell at another boy in a black cloak who seemed suspiciously familiar…. What was weird about the event was I had no intention to attack, none what so ever, curious, very curious indeed. Consequently my curiosity was soon satisfied. After walking for what I can only assume was a while. I stumbled upon without a doubt the biggest building in the city, Memory’s Skyscraper. An apartment building for residents of the dark, and my future home.

Owner of the place was a neo-shadow by the name of Tony. Good guy, total hard ass on the rent but good guy. Has an ear to the street, knows what’s going on when its going on so to speak. From the minute I stepped in the place he could tell I was new to the city. He set me up with a nice twp bedroom apartment and even made some phone calls to get me a job. I am forever in his debt.

I remember as he led me to my room, I asked about the two guys in black cloaks I had just seen.

“Hey tony, do you know about any guys in black cloaks?” I asked.
He turned around. His eyes began to glow yellow.
“You see these” he asked pointing to his eyes. “These ain’t no where near as scary as dem’ nobodies. You keep your distance and they’ll keep theirs. Besides ain’t no point trying to take their hearts, they ain’t got em’.

I stepped into my newly purchased apartment. Home sweet home. Time for a drink.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
The World That Never Was Part II

So here I am where am I you ask? The Dark City sitting in my small apartment. It’s been a few weeks since I moved in. I’ve gotten pretty comfortable. Tony was able to set me up with a job making glowing eyes drops for my heartless counter parts. The hours are long, but its rewarding work.

It’s at work that I met, Charles Wealth, Manager. Yes he was my boss. But he was also increasingly becoming one of my greatest assets. He was the one who would get me back on the battle scene. The Soldier heartless was said to have great connections. There were rumours going around work that he even knew the notorious Captain Pete personally. I worked harder than ever to gain his respect and get myself back in the action.

I had my doubts about the so called, prestige of this manager. Something was up. Working home from work I had caught glimpses of him staring at the floating castle. Something was fishy. I could smell trouble. I knew I’d best be gone from this place before that happens.

Opportunity! If only I had one. This was going to be bad. From what I had learned these nobodies had an interesting trait. These chumps were able to possess our minds, turning us into puppets I say! Puppets on a string. No more poetry and glasses of red. Oh no. the days of one relying on ones heartless mind were gone in this deep dark city. More and more apartments were becoming vacant. Their former occupiers, victim to these devious shells.

Though I still knew little about these nobodies. I knew enough. There was a war coming. A battle of heart versus shell. There was only one outcome. I needed to escape and soon!

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Land of Dragons

Who would of thought just days ago, I was about to face my doom, another victim to the vicious dark city riots against the nobodies. I high-tailed it out of there, traveling through a portal of darkness which so conveniently appeared in front of me, coincidentally at the same time I was about to be consumed by darkness for good. I was lucky, a narrow escape for old Chester Williams (that’s my name if you hadn’t noticed.)

However it wasn’t the safest option. Again I found my self narrating the thoughts that popped into my head as I floated in darkness. However this time, this time was different. Perhaps my long conversations with Tony, or the long hours in the salt mines, But somehow id learned to control this power. And so I saw a light, more than I light, I felt a breeze, a cold utterly freezing breeze, belonging to the land of dragons.

You wouldn’t believe it, but a shadow call also fall victim to the below freezing temperature of such a world. However this was the last thing on my mind. It seems I had arrived at a particularly interesting moment in the history of the land of dragons. There he was, that dreaded boy and his giant key at it again. Luckily for me, the menace hadn’t spotted me yet, something had his attention. Following his eye line I looked up and there he was, Shan-Yu, the most savage man I had ever met. However this beast of a man wasn’t alone. There stood hundreds of fellow heartless. Not the good kind though, these were Rapid Thrusters. Trust me their name speaks for themselves, these horny flying yellow triangles are hated by everyone, (except of course other rapid thrusters.)

Something was not right with these guys however; they were as savage as the leader. They stormed down the mountain towards the kid, who I know noticed was accompanied by a dog walking on its kind legs carrying a shield, an over sized duck who had the capacity to annoy someone on sight, And another boy in armour… at least I think it was a boy.

Regardless this armored chap new what he was doing. Though my memory is a little vague, from what I can gather is he shot an exploding lizard at the side of a mountain, consequently nearly killing all of us, genius pure genius.

I scrambled my way out of the freezing white substance which I blamed for the down right depressing temperature to nothing, absolutely nothing. White for as far as the eye could see. Finally peace and quiet, despite the weather, I thought I could really live here, hiding in the mountains, just me, my poetry and the occasional red wine. Unfortunately Shan Yu had different plans for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back