• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Diamond Select Toys plan to release new Kingdom Hearts figures

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

eiczerofour

I found the image on fb originally, but also kh13.com (I am unsure if I am allowed to link to other fansites? but yeah that is the source of the image sorry for not saying that originally.) These figures are not out yet, but some online sites have them for preorder. I forgot who but it is something like entertainment earth... I just forgot. :(

Not to be super negative but this is not the best looking line especially when we have PAK and Figurarts coming out along side these, but I am mostly excited that these are more durable, affordable, and we get a wider assortment of characters. Rumour is they have a few waves planned in advance if these continue to sell. My guess is that Malificant, Jafar, the Flower Heartless, and Riku are almost definitely happening in wave 3. I am really hoping they continue to do well after that, I would love a Ven or Terra or Xion. Naminé would be my dream come true, maybe even Kairi again. :p Or even some FF characters could be cool.

I also wonder what the exclusives will be this wave, possibly more Sora forms? Or Ven and org XIII Roxas? I would love that (though find it doubtful.) I am sad we are getting a solider since he came with Sora, and I have four of them already. I was hoping for a Shadow or something but still excited. Maybe BBS Donald can be the Walgreens exclusive that comes with Goofy? (I gotta hope lol.)

Neo_

Awards
August, aye? That's nearly a year from wave one's release; I've been spoiled by Jakks Pacific's World of Nintendo.

eiczerofour

I too love WON, I really wish their distribution was a bit better though tbh. Luckily I just got the last of the newest wave. :)

As for the August date, I would not look to far into that. They could very well release earlier as toy sites like these usually have their release dates later then the actual release dates.

Neo_

Awards
I too love WON, I really wish their distribution was a bit better though tbh. Luckily I just got the last of the newest wave. :)

As for the August date, I would not look to far into that. They could very well release earlier as toy sites like these usually have their release dates later then the actual release dates.
I know people complain about their Zelda figures, but Jakks absolutely nails their Nintendo figures; everything else about their company is a disaster. Diamond is more professional and actually promotes their figures (fans don't have to report new findings on reddit).

And yeah, I already read in the other thread Diamond is saying more like spring.

Neo_

Awards
The OG Gummi Highway pioneers!

IMG_0447.jpg

This is a great figure made by Funko in their 'Disney Afternoon' line.

Neo_

Awards
So with Toyfair this weekend, I've been trying to get any footage of the new figures on display, and I finally came across a video from Diamond:

[video=youtube;xVSuJuadPO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVSuJuadPO4[/video]

KH stuff starts at 1:08, with a new statue of Pete. Where is he? Is he in Agrabah, holding the tiny lamp?

The Pete figure looks absolutely incredible; giving me Tasmanian Devil vibes or something... Donald and Goofy, not so much. How does Goofy not have elbow joints? How does Pete look so incredible compared to the rest of the characters? Are bigger figures that much easier to sculpt?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So with Toyfair this weekend, I've been trying to get any footage of the new figures on display, and I finally came across a video from Diamond:

[video=youtube;xVSuJuadPO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVSuJuadPO4[/video]

KH stuff starts at 1:08, with a new statue of Pete. Where is he? Is he in Agrabah, holding the tiny lamp?

The Pete figure looks absolutely incredible; giving me Tasmanian Devil vibes or something... Donald and Goofy, not so much. How does Goofy not have elbow joints? How does Pete look so incredible compared to the rest of the characters? Are bigger figures that much easier to sculpt?

Yea thats totally that scene from Agrabah...which begs the question: why the crap are they making Pete first for something like that? lol. Like I'm glad they aren't doing Sora or Riku, but why not Donald, Goofy, or Mickey? Their static sculpts look way better than anything else they do...so I would like to see them make more.

So on that note, I kind of hate how all the regular packs of figures look lol, but you are right Pete looks way better than half of them.
I like the Mini-mates or whatever they are called? I think I want all the Tron forms and Tron himself. I see they are doing Halloween Town, and Jack has his own one separate already. So thats not surprising. But there is so much merchandise of the Halloween stuff I will have to decide later if I want them lol.

Neo_

Awards
Yea thats totally that scene from Agrabah...which begs the question: why the crap are they making Pete first for something like that? lol. Like I'm glad they aren't doing Sora or Riku, but why not Donald, Goofy, or Mickey? Their static sculpts look way better than anything else they do...so I would like to see them make more.
Probably because in all honesty he's the only figure they've done so far that doesn't look like a bootleg.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I really need to see a better picture of that Pete figure. Surely there is at least one more figure beside him that we can't see in the video? For some reason no one seems to be sharing pictures of that section aside from the vinimates and action figures.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
There is a small tidbit of information on that Pete PVC statue at the 8:31 mark in this video. They don't actually focus on him or show if there are any other figures beside him, but the guy at the booth says that it will be a new line of PVC gallery figures that will focus on Sonic the Hedgehog and Kingdom Hearts. They'll be released first at GameStop before releasing at other stores, and they'll cost around $45.

[video]https://youtu.be/FSliyT8fAY0?t=509[/video]

eiczerofour

Hype. I found a gamestop exclusive BBS Mickey the other day, still need Sora and the other main series characters though. The ones I saw in the video look cool. Not the biggest fan of the stylization, but I am hype none the less.

Neo_

Awards
There is a small tidbit of information on that Pete PVC statue at the 8:31 mark in this video. They don't actually focus on him or show if there are any other figures beside him, but the guy at the booth says that it will be a new line of PVC gallery figures that will focus on Sonic the Hedgehog and Kingdom Hearts. They'll be released first at GameStop before releasing at other stores, and they'll cost around $45.

[video]https://youtu.be/FSliyT8fAY0?t=509[/video]
Probably the best news of that video is despite all the flak, the line is doing very well; probably the reason they milked out wave 1 with 1.5... apparently so well they're expanding to Walmart and Best Buy. Also an exclusive Timeless River figure in each wave.

I collected some of their Muppet figures, and by the third wave they were limited to specialty shops, and the fourth wave has been indefinitely postponed.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Probably the best news of that video is despite all the flak, the line is doing very well; probably the reason they milked out wave 1 with 1.5... apparently so well they're expanding to Walmart and Best Buy. Also an exclusive Timeless River figure in each wave.

I collected some of their Muppet figures, and by the third wave they were limited to specialty shops, and the fourth wave has been indefinitely postponed.

Very good point! I still think the human characters look really questionable, but the Disney characters and Heartless all look pretty good imo. I think i'll finally cave and get that two pack of Mickey and the Dusk nobody that i've had my eye on for a while now.

Caxinuld

Awards
Considering that I had low expectations for these figures, Pete is the most impressive out of everyone. I'd gladly pick him over anyone else, they either lack articulation or just look extremely ugly.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
DWgc4H5UMAAAnNH.jpg:large

Closer Look At Diamond Select Toy's Kingdom Hearts Collectibles — DisKingdom.com | Disney | Marvel | Star Wars - Toys, Merchandise, Collectibles, Entertainment & Theme Parks News

To reiterate, Pete is probably the first flawless figure they've done thus far, and the statues are lit! It's very clear if they put the budget into something it looks like it came straight from Disney.

Okay, that Timeless River Sora looks fantastic! Aqua also looks better than the initial reveal photos, but I still don't have a lot of faith that she'll look that great in person. As for the statues, the Pete and Goofy statues look great! Sora still looks so weird though. He basically looks like a slightly less awful version of the original action figure with no joints.

Speaking of the statues, GameStop just put some up for pre-order today. There are no pictures, but a Mickey with a heartless statue is in the works. It seems like the initial lineup will be Mickey, Goofy, and Sora, as those were the only ones for pre-order in their system.

Neo_

Awards
I am so glad these figures are doing well and I'm sure the sculpts will only improve as the line goes on. Here's hoping they make some KH3 figures! Aqua does look better.

Back