• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Diamond Select Toys plan to release new Kingdom Hearts figures

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ventus85

Hey guys! Short Update about contacting Square Enix.

I got a response from them.

Unlike my last Email (that i wrote last Year, concerning the Aqua Figure) this time, the technical support told me
if we have an enquiry concerning the Play Arts Kai Figures we shall contact Square Enix under:

enquiry@square-enix.com

I also did it again, and told them about the remaining KH Play Arts Kai Characters like Kairi, Master Xehanort and
so on.

For everyone who also REALLY REALLY wants Characters like Ventus or Vanitas (With X-Blade)
> go ahead and write them.
I think a Short Mail should be enough.

Because i believe: "If you want something, do something for it"

Square Enix needs Feedback, so that they can see, that many Fans demanding the remaining Characters.

Iam glad they at least listened, and are now Producing Aqua.

I think the rest will be made also in the Future, but how i said, it is best to let Square Enix
know that we really want these Figures.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Not to burst your bubble, but I doubt they created that PAK only because fans asked them - high demand was surely a big factor as well, but I doubt we would be getting, say, Naminè right now just because people would send them some mails. I guess what I'm trying to say is: they had a good reason to produce an Aqua PAK, which is 0.2. I doubt only fans sending thwm emails would be enough for them to produce 'em, you know what I mean?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Not to burst your bubble, but I doubt they created that PAK only because fans asked them - high demand was surely a big factor as well, but I doubt we would be getting, say, Naminè right now just because people would send them some mails. I guess what I'm trying to say is: they had a good reason to produce an Aqua PAK, which is 0.2. I doubt only fans sending thwm emails would be enough for them to produce 'em, you know what I mean?

^ this

Square doesn't make PAK for a lot of their characters, and that's because they need a reason to do it first. Aqua wasn't picked because of Birth by Sleep, she was picked because she was featured in 2.8. If they had done a Birth by Sleep line, we probably would have seen the other two as well.

Speaking of PAK, who wants a villain PAK as bad as I do? I'd be fine with a Master Xehanort and Vanitas PAK, honestly. That'd make me so happy :)

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, I really want some. Mainly MX and/or Xemnas/Vanitas, though. Vanitas has a pretty big fanbase, after all. I dunno about the other two, but we need at least MX since he's the big bad.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Yeah, I really want some. Mainly MX and/or Xemnas/Vanitas, though. Vanitas has a pretty big fanbase, after all. I dunno about the other two, but we need at least MX since he's the big bad.

I agree, those are definitely my most anticipated ones (well, not so much Xemnas). I would also appreciate an Ansem figurine with the guardian, I would drain my bank account so fast at the sight of that!

Ventus85

But they also have to listen to Fans demands.

Customer is King.

Would like to know, what Square Enix will do, when EVERYONE Stops
to buy EVERY Play Arts Kai Figure they Produce...

Many already stopped - because the Price gets higher and higher.

I can tell you:
If Square Enix can not sell any more Play Arts Kai Figures, they
would be the first ones who asks Fans "Tell us, what Characters do you want us to create"
to make more Money.

Because if they keep doing Characters, that almost EVERY Fan owns
(For example Sora over and over again)
They have to create new ones in the End.

It is the same with Final Fantasy 7 Remake - they REFUSED to do it for so many Years
> Only when Millions of Fans DEMANDED "just do the damn FF7 Remake" > They did.

Same with Play Arts Kai, Square wants to make Money after all, so they need Feedback like
"Here take my Money, you get even more Money from Millions of Fans if you create Character XY"

Even Square Enix can not resist on such many demands.

If every Fan Shouts "Give me a damn Vanitas Figure with the X Blade"
They will do it in the End, because Square can not allow themselves to LOSE Money.

That is how the System works, accept it, or don't

Greed for Money wins in the End.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I am aware.
high demand was surely a big factor as well [...] I doubt only fans sending them emails would be enough for them to produce 'em, you know what I mean?

Would like to know, what Square Enix will do, when EVERYONE Stops
to buy EVERY Play Arts Kai Figure they Produce...
That's… not gonna happen. ^^

If Square Enix can not sell any more Play Arts Kai Figures, they
would be the first ones who asks Fans "Tell us, what Characters do you want us to create"
to make more Money.
If everyone stops buying PAKs, wouldn't they think "well, seems like they don't even want the most popular PAKs anymore. No PAKs anymore then"?

Because if they keep doing Characters, that almost EVERY Fan owns
(For example Sora over and over again)
They have to create new ones in the End.
I mean, yeah, that's what I've been thinking too, but it just doesn't seem that way judging from the fact we're getting more and more Sora/Riku figures.

It is the same with Final Fantasy 7 Remake - they REFUSED to do it for so many Years
> Only when Millions of Fans DEMANDED "Damn do the damn FF7 Remake" > They did.
Or maybe they waited for awesome technology? Again, (for marketing and stuff) high demand is surely a very big factor, too, but not the only main factor.

If every Fan Shouts "Give me a damn Vanitas Figure with the X Blade"
They will do it in the End, because Square can not allow themselves to LOSE Money.
There will be thousands of people who will still buy every Sora figure that comes out, trust me.

Ventus85

Producing more Soras is not a bad thing at all.

I will also think about grabbing another "Form" from Kingdom Hearts 3 if they will do it, just the same
they did with KH2, Valor Form, Magic Form, Final Form.

But already with the normal Play Arts, Normal Form and Final Form of Sora were enough for me.

What i want to say about the remaining Characters is:

Fans must tell Square Enix (With Feedback, Emails or Surveys) what their Favorite
Characters are.

If no one tells them "Please do Axel"
> i think in their Merchandise Division it will be more like:
"nah we will not do Axel Play Arts Kai, no one likes that Character, no one asks for it, we will keep doing more Soras"

Sometimes you have to tell a Game / Merchandise Producer
"Hellooo, wake up! Many Fans / Customers want this Figure or a certain Feature in the Game,
so just do it for your OWN good"

Especially when more People ask about the same thing over and over and over again,
my Experience is, that many Producers of Games and Figure in the End say
"Okay we heard you Fans, lets do it"

I think it also was the same with Resident Evil 2 Remake...more and more Fans
asked for it, over and over again, til Capcom said "okay okay, enough we will do it now"

that is want i mean.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Look, I never really disagreed with you, I just expanded on your first post saying that they also need a reason and fan demand isn't the only thing they want. Seems like both of us misunderstood each other.

Anyways… now that you brought up Axel, it's really strange to me he only has ONE Play Arts figure considering the huge fanservice he got (they brought him back for KH2 and DDD and now he has a Keyblade, too!)

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
So the guy is real? That's neat. :D
We are sorry that someone took the photo despite rules against it, but may I ask if you know why the no photography rule was in place? I'm just curious since I don't see why there would be one.

From what I can tell, the Axel figurine looks decent.
Yeah, it looks okay. I'm super duper nitpicky but I do feel the figure's torso is slightly wider than the character renders and model, but hey I'm nitpicky. XD

And Maleficent, Jafar, and the Creeper Plant look great even in the low-quality photo. (Only issue with the Creeper Plant is that the orange petals aren't dark enough and the spikes are all yellow instead of yellow over orange petals/orange over yellow petals. But these are prototypes so the final ones will probably be right.)

^This here.

Popularity and demand certainly plays a factor, but if it was the only factor we would have had figures of Namine, Terra, Ventus, Master Xehanort, etc. ages ago. They need reasons for making the figures aside from this, such as the Aqua PAK being produced only now due to 0.2 (which is the prologue of Kingdom Hearts III.)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Anyways… now that you brought up Axel, it's really strange to me he only has ONE Play Arts figure considering the huge fanservice he got (they brought him back for KH2 and DDD and now he has a Keyblade, too!)

May be because despite of his popularity and "fanservice" until DDD he never actually was considered one of the "main" characters per se and it was obviously more important to roll out Sora in nearly every possible form that there is.
Roxas too had only one single figure for quite a while, the Roxas PlayArts in the black coat was rather recently if I recall correctly.

We are sorry that someone took the photo despite rules against it, but may I ask if you know why the no photography rule was in place? I'm just curious since I don't see why there would be one.

^This here.

Popularity and demand certainly plays a factor, but if it was the only factor we would have had figures of Namine, Terra, Ventus, Master Xehanort, etc. ages ago. They need reasons for making the figures aside from this, such as the Aqua PAK being produced only now due to 0.2 (which is the prologue of Kingdom Hearts III.)

Probably because these figurines are in a sort of "alpha-stage"-prototype and where shown off only to give the heads up that they will be made, not to start actual marketing.

I dunno but I didn't get the vibe that anyone here was actually saying that fan demand is the only or even the deciding factor, but that it can't really be a bad thing to let the guys at SE know that there is demand for certain merchandise at all. A single Email or something doesn't cost much apart of a bit of time.
It IS a bit weird though to see ONLY an Aqua figure when for example with FF XIII they made PlayArts for the whole cast (Lightning, Fang, Sazh, Vanille, Snow and Hope). While they have not that big of a role in 0.2 specifically Terra and Ventus are nonetheless important and when it's about 2.8 as a whole the representation for DDD (how about Young Xehanort for example, or one of the TWEWY gang?) and Back Cover (the Foretellers? Ephemer?) is missing.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
May be because despite of his popularity and "fanservice" until DDD he never actually was considered one of the "main" characters per se and it was obviously more important to roll out Sora in nearly every possible form that there is.
Roxas too had only one single figure for quite a while, the Roxas PlayArts in the black coat was rather recently if I recall correctly.
To add, when making merchandise, Sora is basically "safe" to use. Companies can make as many Soras and Mickeys as they like and know they'll sell, but using other characters can be risky choices in their minds.

Probably because these figurines are in a sort of "alpha-stage"-prototype and where shown off only to give the heads up that they will be made, not to start actual marketing.
I suppose that makes sense.

Ventus85

The only thing i can say, from my view, that Square Enix will always bring things to an End.

They startet the Birth by Sleep Trio with Aqua now.

To say "here you get your Aqua Figure, but we will never make Ventus or Terra"
would be in any way, stupid and foolish.

And if Square Enix cares only a LITTLE BIT about their Fans, they will bring things to an End.

I have also waited so much Years for the Advent Children Sephiroth Figure, i knew it would come
because Square already started Advent Children Line, but it took them so damn long.

If they started with Cloud, Tifa, Barret THEN Sephiroth can not be far away i thought.
And i was right.

Same thing here: to Start with Cloud, then Barret and Tifa and then say
"sorry, thats all, no Sephiroth for you guys"
Would have ended in a Shit Storm i think, and would leave sad Collectors behind.

that is why i still believe, that Square will always finish a Line, even if it will take some time.

How i said, a Fan Email to them, would speed things up. It can never hurt and takes only a few Minutes if some Fans really want certain Figures to be released

Last edited:

Neo_

Awards
Unbelievably stoked for these. If you guys knew the rest of Diamond's work, you would know that they only do quality. These are pre-prototypes; there's a reason they didn't want pictures to be taken. This is just to show what they can do to a few people.

ZachOut

So the guy is real? That's neat. :D

Because the prototypes are not final. This show is for retailers FIRST, to show them the product and solicit orders for that product. They don't care if the figures are not quite final, they get the general idea. The press we get is secondary -- we don't necessarily WANT to promote several months of far-off future releases at once, but they are going to be seen and discussed by people regardless, so we allow pictures on the approved items. BUT if they are not quite finished, and Disney has not given a final sign-off, then we certainly don't want pictures to circulate. For instance, conversations here have centered on how certain characters don't look right. If they will change, this could give a poor first impression unnecessarily.

I re-read the first post, and should clarify -- there will be three $25 figure sets in the first assortment. Maleficent/Mickey, Sora/Roxas and Axel/Jafar, each with a few smaller characters. The taller characters are all around 7" tall.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I don't think many people are disagreeing with you since, you're assessment (demand = production), is most certainly correct.

Not that this is breaking news, but my contacts who attended NYTF and were told by SE that they "hear fan's demands regarding Terra/Ventus" also asked SE why they don't make smaller figures of more obscure characters. The example he used was Saix (he's not a huge KH-buff) and was told "they don't feel there is a demand for those characters."

So when any character gets made, it's probably a mix of publicity and fan demand. Terra/Ven would probably be in preparation for their continued story (KH3) and because fan's demand. However, it's not exclusively because a few hundred fans sent letters to them. Here's a petition I found that has over 1000 signatures on it asking for specific FFVII Play Arts figures...as far as I can tell, these figures were never made.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ffviiiplayarts/

That being said, don't give up and keep trying. Better to try than regret what could have been.

The only thing i can say, from my view, that Square Enix will always bring things to an End.

This depends on what you view as a "complete set." Just because you view Aqua/Terra/Ven as a complete set doesn't mean SE does. For example, the original Play Arts release of KH2 Sora/KH2 Kairi never had a KH2 Riku come out. They later released KH1 Sora/KH1 Riku, but never released KH1 Kairi. Wouldn't Sora/Riku/Kairi be a "complete set?"

Now with this Play Arts Kai line they have released KH2 Sora Normal/Limit/Final/Halloweentown. Are Valor/Wisdom/Master/Christmastown/Anti a "complete set?" In my opinion, I don't think Aqua HAS to come with Terra and Ventus given she's headlined 2 stories on her own now (0.2 + Secret Episode).

Very recent, as in "released this month in Japan" recent.

Neo_

Awards
Thanks for clarifying Zach; I wouldn't worry about what some five Nobodies have to say about some prototypes on the internet. They're too busy arguing about hypotheticals anyway to notice.

Look at the Nightmare Before Christmas figures, look at the Muppet figures or anything they have done. This isn't going to be some bootleg junk. It's unfortunate this had to leak, but by the time they come out this will be swept under the rug.

The smaller figures are Minimates Zach, just like the Muppets? Is there a tenth figure of those (I'm assuming someone comes with Sora that wasn't mentioned)?

Are you guys honing in on a particular game, or is anything in the series up for grabs?

Muke

whatever
Awards
I wouldn't worry about what some five Nobodies have to say about some prototypes on the internet. They're too busy arguing about hypotheticals anyway to notice.
Excuse me, "five nobodies"? Noone's opinion is more valid than the other. If I have something to say, I will. And if you don't agree, fine, whatever, but calling people who have a different opinion than yours "five nobodies" is disrespectful as hell. lol

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I wouldn't worry about what some five Nobodies have to say about some prototypes on the internet. They're too busy arguing about hypotheticals anyway to notice.

Trying to insult a Kingdom Hearts fan by calling them a 'nobody' is just...well, it's not very well thought out. So I'll just go high as you go low and embrace it:

370c4e33f20e7c5d9a181726de4623f4.jpg

Excuse me, "five nobodies"? Noone's opinion is more valid than the other. If I have something to say, I will. And if you don't agree, fine, whatever, but calling people who have a different opinion than yours "five nobodies" is disrespectful as hell. lol

Axel said:
"Don't waste your time. We Nobodies can never hope to be Somebodies."

Muke

whatever
Awards
Trying to insult a Kingdom Hearts fan by calling them a 'nobody' is just...well, it's not very well thought out. So I'll just go high as you go low and embrace it:

370c4e33f20e7c5d9a181726de4623f4.jpg
this post is perfect xD

Back