• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Diamond Select Toys plan to release new Kingdom Hearts figures

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

At the 2017 New York Toy Fair this past weekend, Diamond Select Toys revealed plans to release a new line of Kingdom Hearts figures along with Kingdom Hearts Minifigures pending licensor approval. Photos of the figures were not allowed, but a guest who attended the event managed to sneak a photo of the prototype figures which you can view below:

The Kingdom Hearts figure set is planned to retail at $24.99 USD and would include figures of Sora (Kingdom Hearts II), Axel, King Mickey, Roxas, Maleficent, Jafar with Abu and Iago, Shadow Heartless, Creeper Plant Heartless, and Dusk Nobody. The Minifigures (not pictured) would include Sora (Kingdom Hearts II), Donald, Goofy, Auron, Demyx, Jafar, Shadow, Tron, and Sark.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Thanks to forum users kupo1121 and Nazo for the tip!

Muke

whatever
Awards
i love these, they look very awesome and i will get them.
Jokes aside, they're horrible and look like they're some toys from 2006
Sorry, not sorry.

The dusk looks awful and Mickey looks like he got hit by a truck. And don't even get me started on Axel and Roxas....

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm buying 30 dusks, sending 10 to people with no context and keeping an army of 20 in line to destroy my enemies

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
On one hand it is certainly nice that apparently more publishers and companies resolve to release new KH merchandise, but on the other I am somewhat slightly disappointed at it always being the same few characters which are featured.

Maleficent, Jafar and the Creeper Plant are some welcome new additions, but all the other stuff is basically just the same characters already released more often than Xehanort has vessels. (and WTF is with Mickey's face, has he contracted mumps?)
Considering KH 2.8 and the soon to come 1.5 + 2.5 which includes all entries of the series the apparent stoic focus on KH 2-only material is also somewhat odd.

Where are the Ansem SoD, Xemnas and Saix figures?
Where are Eraqus, the TAV-trio, Master Xehanort and Vanitas?
Where are Naminé, Kairi and Xion?
Where are Donald, Goofy, Yen Sid and Pete?
What about the Foretellers, Ephemer and Skuld?

*Vader Breath* "I find the lack of variety disturbing."

Awards
These honestly don't look very good....especially Mickey. Dude looks like he fell from a ten story building and survived.

I mean, I love that KH is getting more merch, but it's still the same characters that have been released for years. I want my Kairi and my Aqua and my Xemnas and my Ven Ven dammit. At least Square is releasing an Aqua PAK and thinking about doing Terra and Ven due to fan demand.

edit: sorry if I sound messy or something

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
These honestly don't look very good....especially Mickey. Dude looks like he fell from a ten story building and survived.

I mean, I love that KH is getting more merch, but it's still the same characters that have been released for years. I want my Kairi and my Aqua and my Xemnas and my Ven Ven dammit. At least Square is releasing an Aqua PAK and thinking about doing Terra and Ven due to fan demand.

edit: sorry if I sound messy or something

Nah, doesn't sound too messy, I actually fully agree with this notion.

And OMG did they actually made a Creeper Plant?! A diddlyING CREEPER PLANT?!

Yea, I mean why not, if one wants to stage a battle with the figures there is then at least a bit more variety to the mooks at hand.
(Although I do think a Neoshadow or an Invisible would be better design-wise)

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I dunno. They look better than the Domez figures so far. I'd need a better picture.

But god I am tired of these same characters. There are SO many original KH characters and yet we still get the same ones over and over again. It's getting terribly annoying

Muke

whatever
Awards
Actually, I'm glad none of those characters have been made by them. At least they don't get to look bizarre.
I mean, yeah, as always: It would've been nice to finally get someone else but I honestly wouldn't care for this line, because they'd just mess those up as well.

Ventus85

Hey dear Kingdom Hearts Fans. I have just registered here, to answer on that Topic.

In my Opinion, it is a good thing, that Diamond Select Toys is finally releasing some Enemies,
because i do NOT understand, why Square Enix / Play Arts Kai does not release ANY Villain.

No Master Xehanort, no Ansem (With Demon on Back), no Xemnas, no Heartless Figures.

My Advice to everyone who collects Kingdom Hearts Figures:

For Main Characters stick with Play Arts Kai; they are expensive BUT the are made of High Quality, especially
the Faces.

For Enemies, like Nobodys and Hearts > Choose Diamond Select, Because i do not believe that Play Arts Kai will
make these Figures.

FOR ALL who want an Xehanort from Play Arts Kai > WRITE Square Enix an EMAIL!!!

That is what i did last Year (Contacting their support through Square Enix Store)
I told them to finally release a Terra, Aqua, Ven, Xehanort Figure AND that everyone is waiting for the Figures.
The Answer from the Support was:

"Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We do appreciate your suggestions toward our future products. Although we cannot guarantee it being implemented in future projects, it will be forwarded to our superiors."

>>> and then TADAAA PAK Aqua was just shown this Year and will be released soon!

Write to Square Enix! The more People write to them and "demand" Figures like Xemnas, Terra, Ven and so on
the higher the Chance will be, that these will be produced.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Hey dear Kingdom Hearts Fans. I have just registered here, to answer on that Topic.

In my Opinion, it is a good thing, that Diamond Select Toys is finally releasing some Enemies,
because i do NOT understand, why Square Enix / Play Arts Kai does not release ANY Villain.

No Master Xehanort, no Ansem (With Demon on Back), no Xemnas, no Heartless Figures.

My Advice to everyone who collects Kingdom Hearts Figures:

For Main Characters stick with Play Arts Kai; they are expensive BUT the are made of High Quality, especially
the Faces.

For Enemies, like Nobodys and Hearts > Choose Diamond Select, Because i do not believe that Play Arts Kai will
make these Figures.

FOR ALL who want an Xehanort from Play Arts Kai > WRITE Square Enix an EMAIL!!!

That is what i did last Year (Contacting their support through Square Enix Store)
I told them to finally release a Terra, Aqua, Ven, Xehanort Figure AND that everyone is waiting for the Figures.
The Answer from the Support was:

"Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We do appreciate your suggestions toward our future products. Although we cannot guarantee it being implemented in future projects, it will be forwarded to our superiors."

>>> and then TADAAA PAK Aqua was just shown this Year and will be released soon!

Write to Square Enix! The more People write to them and "demand" Figures like Xemnas, Terra, Ven and so on
the higher the Chance will be, that these will be produced.
Welcome.

These aren't the frist villain-figures we got though. Square Enix has in fact released some in the past:

latest

2959565242_4a4b1c1d36.jpg
latest

They're from Square Enix's Formation Arts Figures-line

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
While I agree with a majority of the comments here, Kingdom Hearts hasn't had the greatest screen-to-figure sculpting out there. Lest we forget, this is how far we have come:

Mi_SorawJack3.jpg

151645.jpg

On one hand it is certainly nice that apparently more publishers and companies resolve to release new KH merchandise, but on the other I am somewhat slightly disappointed at it always being the same few characters which are featured.

From a business-standpoint, starting off a series with some of its most recognizable faces (Sora/Roxas/Mickey/Maleficent) is practical. Jumping straight into ancillary characters, no matter how great for the hardcore fanbase, isn't smart for the target audience: casual and hardcore fans. It's why SE tends to start off a new merchandise line with Sora, because he is the best selling character of KH (thus far).

In the event these get made and are then successful, I'm sure we'll see more obscure characters be made.

These aren't the frist villain-figures we got though. Square Enix has in fact released some in the past.

The 2002 2-Set Mirage figures actually included a lot of Heartless including:

Darkside
Guard Armor
Air Soldier
Bandit
Green Requiem
Blue Rhapsody
Soldier

150.jpg

Kingdom-Hearts-Mirage-Figure-Set-Series-2-Complete.jpg

P.S. Darkside turned out pretty darn well imo.

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I can see why taking photos was forbidden. The prototypes look horrible.
Also that Dusk.
upXOBvI.gif

Maleficent, Jafar and the Creeper Plant are some welcome new additions, but all the other stuff is basically just the same characters already released more often than Xehanort has vessels. (and WTF is with Mickey's face, has he contracted mumps?)
Considering KH 2.8 and the soon to come 1.5 + 2.5 which includes all entries of the series the apparent stoic focus on KH 2-only material is also somewhat odd.

Where are the Ansem SoD, Xemnas and Saix figures?
Where are Eraqus, the TAV-trio, Master Xehanort and Vanitas?
Where are Naminé, Kairi and Xion?
Where are Donald, Goofy, Yen Sid and Pete?
What about the Foretellers, Ephemer and Skuld?

*Vader Breath* "I find the lack of variety disturbing."
I swear Periwig Man and the Seagull Whose Eggs Sora Stole will get figures before any of them.

Well, if the minifigures turn out to be real too, then at least the Demyx figure shows that these companies are finally realizing there are other characters in this series. lol
But...seriously, why hasn't even the big bad of theVERY FIRST GAME received any merch yet?
Why is Demyx getting merch before Xemnas and Saix?
Where's all the characters that we want?

Muke

whatever
Awards
I can see why taking photos was forbidden. The prototypes look horrible.
Also that Dusk.
upXOBvI.gif

I swear Periwig Man and the Seagull Whose Eggs Sora Stole will get figures before any of them.

Well, if the minifigures turn out to be real too, then at least the Demyx figure shows that these companies are finally realizing there are other characters in this series. lol
But...seriously, why hasn't even the big bad of theVERY FIRST GAME received any merch yet?
Why is Demyx getting merch before Xemnas and Saix?
Where's all the characters that we want?
I just posted a pic of an Ansem figure. xD Granted, he only got one but sill

Back