• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Devil May Cry: Abyssal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noel

Awards
Orange.

Close to being sunset, the ambience of tweeting birds traveling in flocks, and the roaring murmur of pedestrians walking around the city. Atticus laying back on one of the highest clock towers this place has to offer. The view was amazing, being able to see the endless buildings, parks; monuments all reflecting the orange light of the sun against one of the each other. Every tone and shade of this town is like a chameleon. Changing colors, such as blue in morning, orange, then black, but only being lit from the sheer mass of neon lights the city has.

Taking one of his spears he points it directly at a sun, making it reflect off and have it glimmer an orange light. Without realizing it before it was too late, the light that was reflecting off the spear went down below and blinded a driver which who crashes into a fire hydrant, having it spout water for the children to play in. Seeing the events that occurred, he looks at the smoking car without any panic. Woops…eh he’ll be alright. Ignoring the thought that he caused another accident— pfft the guy was probably sexting the baby sitter or something. He puts down the spear cautiously before causing another crash, and lies on his side, admiring the landscape Anarcadia has to offer, facing the orange blue oceans, beautiful, albeit that car accident down there Atticus caused… not so sweet.

Taking his hand and scouraging through his pocket he pulls out his IPhone and earphones, connecting the jack in to his phone, he goes on to swipe away the lock screen, tap through menus and play his wide variety of music.
This sounds good.I Surrender Putting his phone back in his pocket, he goes on to hear his music and feeling the world go away.

Loud bongs echoed out from the clock tower, causing the birds there to fly off from instinct, vibrations shook the whole tower from the high decibels that were created. The rumbles didn’t disturb Atticus since he goes up here every day, it doesn’t really faze him.

“Hmm? Six already?”

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
"Why are you boring me with something like this?"
A man was staring out of a shattered window from the inside of a dreary white building. A nearby sign claimed that the building was the renowned Cadaver Clinic, but you wouldn't know that just from looking at it. The walls were dirty and nearly overgrown with vines, and the majority of the windows were boarded up. Those looking in would assume the building was abandoned and set for demolition in the near future, though in reality the clinic was thriving. The owner who had inherited it from his late father turned around and removed the glasses from his face before placing them on the table. The glasses used to be essential for him, but after a certain...turn of events...they were rendered unnecessary. The woman on the opposite side of the table fidgeted.
"He's a very well-known and powerful man of the city." She responded, avoiding eye contact. "He says he can cut our funding if you don't see to him personally." She dared look the doctor in the eyes and quickly darted them away in an instant. "Sir." She added after a moment's hesitation. Dr. Cadaver sighed. It was always the funding. "treat me or I'll cut your funding." "give us the cure or we'll cut your funding." "for god's sake, give me back my leg or I'll cut your funding!"

"Fine, fine." The good doctor finally said as he made his way to the door. God, he hated this nurse. Linda Morty was her name, and she had been here almost as long as he had. She was the type to do that thing he hated. That "caring" business, or the "do no harm" business, or even the "please wash your hands before you perform the surgery. And put him to sleep this time" business. He wish he could just fire her, but he couldn't. It was faint, but he knew that deep down she felt the same way he did. More than once she had caught her with a grin on her face as she watched from behind the curtains as the doctor performed one of his more evasive and painful treatments on a patient. He owed it to her and himself to unearth that side of her and expose it, setting it free to the elements and letting it fester. Maybe then he'll have a real partner and future heir for the clinic. Unfortunately that was a long ways away, and the annoying cityman would need to be treated.

The doctor entered the patient's room. White, plain, just one bed, the typical set up for the clinic.
"What's up?" He asked the patient as he lit a cigarette.
"Oh good. It's about damn time. I swear if--isn't that unsanitary?" the fat man asked, pointing to the lit cigarette that was now resting between the doctor's lips.
"Most likely. You wanted me, you got me. Now let me take a look at your chart." Reaching to the front side of the bed, the doctor read the chart. Or rather, he pretended to read it. The man had the flu. Hardly anything groundbreaking, or even chart-worthy. Why was he even here? There were plenty of smaller hospitals around the area. But he wanted the best medicine money could buy. Cadaver eyed the nearby window. It was smashed and was held together with tape. The best money could buy, huh?
"Not to worry, I've got just the thing for you." He said in a bored voice. He walked to a nearby desk and opened it, revealing a needle filled with green fluid. From the corner of his eye he saw the fatman cringe slightly. Maybe he could have a little bit of fun after all. Taking a stool, he propped himself next to the patient and raised his arm, readying the needle.
"S-say now, aren't you supposed to dab my arm with something first? To numb the pain?"
"Oh no no no." Cadaver said as he blew out a small amount of smoke. "That actually causes the medicine to be less effective. Other hospitals use it to charge you for the more powerful stuff, but not here." That was, of course, a lie. But the man's eyes gleamed.
"You don't sa--GAH!" The doctor had taken the moment to stab the man's arm a bit more forceful than was necessary.
"Slight pinch." He said in a flat tone as the man gripped his arm in pain. He got his money's worth at the very least. He'd be fully healed by the end of the hour.

As the doctor exited the room, he found the same nurse standing outside of the door, obviously flustered.
"S-sir." She stammered, her face bright red. "Was that--was it really necessary?" Cadaver stared into her eyes, as if looking for something.
...there it is.
She quickly looked away, through the window and towards the patient. Albiner inhaled deeply from his cigarette.
"Did you need something, Linda?" He asked, purposefully using her first name for a change. She jumped slightly, but quickly recovered.
"Uh, ah y-yes. We have a patient in the emergency room. Burst appendix.
God he loved this nurse.
"Come with me." He said with a gleeful smile as he made his way to the surgery halls, tossing the burnt up cigarette on the floor.

"Can I guess you already pumped the patient with anesthesia?" He asked as they neared the doors.
"Not yet." She answered quickly. That was a surprise. She always made sure to lessen the pain of patients behind the doctor's back, and she had never lied about it before when asked.
"Excellent." he said as they entered. He skipped past the disinfectant area as well as the area where they were to change into the proper outfits. Linda hesitated for a moment, but much to the doctor's happiness she followed suit. The man was lying on top of a steel table, cringing in pain.
"Right." Cadaver said as he arrived. "Sir, I'm going to need you to put your arms above your head. Otherwise I'll have to restrain you." The man either ignored the doctor, or was too selfish to accommodate his wishes. Either way, Dr Cadaver didn't ask twice. Instead he gripped the man's arms and placed them on the conveniently placed metal clamps. "Grab his legs." He told the nurse. She stopped for a second before obeying and quickly restrained his legs in a similar fashion.
"Aren't you gonna knock me out?" The man cried.
"No time." Cadaver lied. "That kidney's gotta go before you do."
"Appendix." Linda corrected him.
"Appendix, right. Scalpel." He outstretched his hand towards the nurse who handed him the knife. "Making first in--"
"Wait." The man said, panicking. "Waitwaitwait." The doctor ignored him and cut into the man's skin. The man cried out something that was rather rude to the doctor's family, but he ignored it. He made the second cut before stopping suddenly. Ignoring the man's yells and cries (all of the rooms were soundproof, so the rest of the clinic ignored him as well) he turned to Linda.
"You were trained in diagnostics, correct?" She nodded. "Which means you have no real experience with performing surgeries?" She nodded again. There was a slight pause in which the doctor smiled broadly. "Would you like to learn?" Cadaver offered the scalpel to the nurse who stared at it for a moment. She looked back at him, then at the squirming patient, then back to the scalpel. She slowly took the knife from his hands and turned to the patient.
"Slight pinch." She said as she made a third longer cut between the two previous cuts.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well that was rather messy." The doctor said as he walked out of the swinging double doors with the nurse following closely behind.
"I'm sorry he bled out." She said sheepishly.
"Oh don't worry about that." He said, patting her on the back. "You did well for your first surgery. He had no family if that's what your worried about. Besides, there'll be other surgeries." She smiled at the thought, which made the doctor smile as well. They made their way to the cafeteria, and passed a window along the way.
"Afternoon." He said absently. Linda spoke up.
"Time flies when--" She stopped abruptly, and stayed quiet for the rest of the walk. Maybe getting a decent partner wasn't so far away after all.

yado

I taste delicious
The chapel seemed to glow with the entering of the evening sun through the stained glass. The chapel was empty minus one area, the corner where the choir would usually stand. Sheet music was spread around the floor in a spastic pattern, with Zach sitting in front of it all. He scanned the variety of sheet music while mindlessly strumming on the guitar on his lap. Occasionally, he would stop, pick up a sheet, take a closer look, only to set it back down and continue scanning the sheets. He knows what he needs is somewhere in this sheet music. Feeling frustrated, Zach falls back, now laying on the ground and begins playing a more coherent song on his guitar.

"I see you are making a mess in the chapel again." He hears a voice say. He sits back up to see father Jean standing at the doorway near the back of the choir standing area. Zach takes a moment to listen to Father Jean's song, a lovely church hymn, truly a holy man. "I haven't found what i need." Zach reply's switching the song he was playing to a well known hymn. "What is it that you keep searching these songs for?" Jean asks walking to Zach and taking a sheet of the music. Zach pauses his strumming for a second in thought, and simply utters the word "God" Before continuing to play. The father gives an odd look to the last remark, but proceeds to set the music down and walk away. Many men have searched for the lord in many ways, and failed. Don't get lost in your cause." He says as he exits the chapel, leaving Zach alone once again.

After a few more moments of playing, Zach stacks up the sheet music, puts the guitar in a case and puts it over his shoulder. He exits the chapel in the city and begins to walk towards a busier part of town where he can play and hope to receive some money so he can buy himself some food.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Josh walked down the street cautiously, fiddling with the screwdriver and screws that were in his pocket. Roughly twelve metres ahead of him were three men. Three tall, dirty and very shady men. Josh crossed the road hoping not to be noticed but was spotted by one of the men, who yelled to him in an accent Josh could only guess belonged to somebody who was drunk.
'Oi, kid, 'mere.' The drunk man beckoned to him, waving his hand. The drunk was met with a look of disgust from Josh, who looked the man up and down. He was wearing a dirty beanie, hadn't shaved in roughly two weeks and wore an ugly blue jacket with a handkerchief hanging out of the pocket on top of his right breast. His friends were wearing very similar clothes.
'Sorry sir, but I'm pretty busy.' Josh said before he continued walking, faster than before.
'Don gimme that crap.' Rambled the drunk, who was now walking across the road to where Josh was. Behind him were his mates, who Josh assumed were more drunk than the man after him or they couldn't hold their drink, since they were swaying around as they walked.
'Listen 'ere kid,' The man blurted out as he caught up to Josh and placed a hand on his shoulder. 'give us your money so we can go fer drinks.' Josh turned around and faced the man, who pulled out a knife with his right hand. 'Or we'll hurt ye.'

The drunk's mates chuckled together, but by the looks of it they didn't have any weapons.
'Sir, there are only three ways this can play out. I can guarantee none of them are in your favour.' Josh said, clenching his fists. 'One of them involves you leaving.' He unbuttoned the top buttons of his coat and began thinking.
I could go ahead and slash out with the screwdriver I've been sharpening with the screws in my pocket, cut drunkard 1's wrist so he would drop the knife and plant a foot in his chest, sending him back into drunkard 3 behind him. Before they get up I can grab the knife and shock drunkard 3 at maximum power with Saint Zapolas, then slit drunkard 1's throat and shank drunkard 2 roughly four times, that'd likely kill him. When he was done Josh would just wipe his fingerprints off of the screw driver with drunkard 1's handkerchief and go on his merry way. Or since that's illegal I could go for the third play.

Quickly sliding his right hand in to his pocket Josh pulled out the screws and threw them into the eyes of the drunk, then side stepped as the man dived at him with the knife. He completely missed and hit the ground hard and before he could get up Josh ran for it, the two other drunks attempted to go after him but fell over almost as soon as they started to run.
After a lovely run Josh stopped and sat down, pulling out the receipts for the screws and screwdriver he only bought before that nice encounter with those nice men. Josh started chuckled to himself.
'I could have killed all three of them,' He muttered. 'probably would have gotten away with it too.' With a sigh Josh got up and stretched. It was yet another day that Josh was a law abiding citizen.

Light

faster than
Awards
It was cold up on the mountains. Dark, too.

Tomas looked around, straining to see through the thin mist that gripped everything at this height. After a few moments of squinting, he waved his hand. A small orb of light appeared over his head. He gazed into it a moment, the celestial sphere drawing his attention. It had a fluidity to it, a sleek face that was... beautiful... to see. A lighter blue 'aura' surrounded a shining white centre. It kind of reminded him of Midgar, a crust and a core.

Midgar. Minerva.

His eyes, sparkling, green, and gorgeous, saddened for the tiniest of seconds. Tomas Martin knew that he was responsible. He, the Chief of Her Gloriousness' Guard, should have protected her better. He followed her orders seamlessly, to the note, but surely he could - should - have done more. Aye, he knew what was to come, and how to fix it. At the end, everything would turn out fine, and if it wasn't, then it ain't the finish.

He weighed the diamond figure in his hand. It glowed in the blue light, and shimmered with an eloquence that spoke of divinity.

Tomas looked down from the peak, casting his eyes upon the vast city below. Depending on the time of day, you would see another colour. It was known as the Promised Land, as it was dubbed by Her Gloriousness, but another fitting title would be the Rainbow City. The City of Light, even, would be appropriate, what with the plethora of neon signs left, right, and centre. It was a magnificent metropolis.

Tomas began his long trek down the mighty mountain, soaking in the last of the setting sun's rays. A tune humming in his head, Strange Things, and he was well down the path. His thoughts wandered boundlessly, and he wondered of the cemeteries. He couldn't hope but think: they were going to have to get a whole lot bigger, and fast.

Last edited:

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
She hated it when things were this boring.

C.C. found herself again wandering the city with nothing to do. Hands behind her head restlessly, she scoured the buildings she passed with disdain. Don't get her wrong, she LOVED this place to death. (It was the only place that didn't mind her packing heat as long as she wasn't an ax-crazy psycho, which was regrettably half the time) But there were times when the monotony of the city's corruption was so palpable it didn't mean a thing. This is what they meant when they said "too much of a good thing."

She wasn't the type to just sit back, relax, and enjoy a night of soap operas. She wanted excitement. Adrenaline. That coveted feeling of living life to the absolute fullest. That wild, crazy, hot-blooded feeling of pure inhibition. Just walking in this dense quiet was so......damn.....BORING.

"Shit man...." She thinks to herself, passing by a trio of drunks that had apparently had the shit kicked out of them. Judging by the bruises, this happened only a few minutes ago. Dammit, how'd she miss this? She gives them a brief glance before moving on.

"What's a girl like me to do this late in the day?"

Even when the sun was setting, there was little to do aside from the occasional night-club, but ever since she had settled in this town, she found them to be fleeting moments of distraction, as opposed to fun.

Her left hand caresses the barrel of her Gatling gun lovingly. She'd walk a bit more before just going home. Maybe the day wasn't done with her quite yet.

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Lunch was quick. It always was for Albiner. He left Linda to finish her own food by herself and began to make his way back to his office, ignoring the other doctors, nurses, and staff workers that he passed. He was about to reach for the door handle when a familiar voice called out to him from behind.
"Doctor wait!" Turning around, Albiner found Linda running towards him in a panic. "The basement." Was all she had to say. The doctor grabbed her by the arm and ran down a hallway. Sure enough, a few seconds later the clinic began shaking violently.
"This isn't good." The doctor muttered to himself. This had happened before, but by the magnitude of the tremors it was obvious this was much more serious than the previous occurrences.

He dashed down the hall and into a staircase, reaching a door that with a keypad on the side. After tapping in six digits, he pulled at the door. A dank breeze hit the doctor's face as the smell of lead and water washed over him. Nearby there was a large crash, followed by a shower of dirt. Cadaver ignored it and ran to the other side of the large sewer-like room. Fit for a dungeon the walls of the large room were colored an aged brown and were covered with pipes. The ground was wet and a small stream of water ran down the middle of the room, which was drained by a large pipe opening on the opposite end. The door Albiner and Linda emerged from ran perpendicular to the stream, as was the door the doctor was headed for now. Before he could reach it the wall collapsed with a loud crash, causing the doctor and nurse duo to stop in their tracks and take a step back. Dust had filled the room and the two stared at where the wall once was, readying themselves for whatever came their way. It didn't take long for a roar to fill the silence, causing the nurse to flinch. Albiner, on the other hand, stood his ground.

"I thought we had reinforced those walls." He said absently. Linda didn't answer and instead prepared herself for a fight. Though not as powerful or as experienced as Albiner, the nurse was still able to hold her own and she had already dealt with this monster before. "Come on, Old Man." The doctor shouted as loud footsteps echoed through the room. "We already know how this ends. Let's not waste any more time." The dust began to settle, and from beyond the wall walked out a large humanoid beast walking on all fours. At least 15 feet tall, wearing only a brown pair of ripped pants, and filled with more muscles than was physically possible, the beast jumped towards the two medics, arms swinging in a downwards motion. Linda ran to the side while Albiner jumped straight up, tilting his body slightly to avoid being struck by the chains still attached to the monsters arms. The doctor reached to his belt and produced his syringe weapon. As he flew over the monster, he stabbed it in it's forehead and pulled on the pump, filling the beast with the liquid inside; a practiced motion. He landed on the beast's back as it began to waver, Linda gave him a thumbs up, as if to gain his favor. dammit and the doctor quickly hopped down.

"Goodnight, father." He said as he turned around, expecting to see the beast fall. Instead the monster fought the drug, somehow overcoming it and standing tall. "What" was all Albiner could say before the beast swiped at him, knocking him against a wall which caused a few of the bricks to fall loose. Linda rushed to his aide as the beast roared at the ceiling, and being surrounded by dark shadows that rose from the ground.
"That's not my dad," Cadaver coughed as Linda arrived by his side. "Not entirely." The nurse propped the doctor up as they both watched the beast slam madly against the wall opposite them, just to the side of the stream's beginnings. The wall easily crumbled under his fists and the beast ran through, making his way to ground level.

After breaking through the clinic, the monstrosity ran haphazardly through the streets, knocking aside cars and people in a primitive rage. Children who were playing by a nearby fire hydrant ran as the beast punched a nearby streetlight, causing it to fly into the air. It made its way to a center point: a park's fountain and let out a loud roar.

"I can manage." Cadaver told Linda as they exited the clinic, brushing her helping hand away. They reached the park just as Doctor Albiner Cadaver Senior let out it's ear piercing roar. He was at least another ten feet taller now and was constantly surrounded by a faint dark aura that seeped from the ground below.
"I wouldn't think less of you if you ran, Linda." The doctor said. "I'm not sure what's happening, but something is wrong. He's much more powerful than he should be."
"I'm staying right here." Linda said in a surprisingly forceful manner as she pulled out a large lead pipe, taking a fighter's pose.
God he loved this nurse.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
He was almost home. After such a long walk to the hardware store and back Josh could almost smell his Uncle's cooking. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was just always decent and that's how he liked it. Josh always knew his dinner was going to be a meal he'd stuff down his throat and forget about later and he liked that. But when Josh heard a loud rumble that sounded roughly two blocks away he stopped.
'What the hell was that?' He muttered. Josh knew it wasn't an earthquake, there ground would be shaking if it were. 'Something seems off.' He changed his course and jogged towards the sound of the rumbling, the park.

When Josh arrived it is needless to say he wasn't stunned by what he saw. Street lights nearby were destroyed, people were either running away in terror or out cold on the ground and there, by the fountain, was a giant hulking ball of muscle. A monster that looked to be so pumped with steroids it would crush all of those pansies that were part of the WWE. Like Jesus, it looked intimidating, especially after it let out a pretty impressive roar. He looked around and saw a man in a lab coat accompanied by a woman, a nurse by the look of it. They looked like they were going to fight this thing since they had bizarre weapons with them, well the lab coat guy did, the nurse just had a lead pipe.
They've got this under control? Josh asked himself. He looked to the muscle god and then back to them and shook his head. They definitely don't, not alone at least.
'Hey guys!' Josh called while waving his hands, trying to get their attention. 'If you can last a bit alone, or not fight it until I get back, I can get some things from home and help you!' Then he took off, back towards his home, at full speed.

When he arrived his Uncle wasn't home.
Probably ran away. He thought before flying up the stairs to his room which was just how he left it, filled to the brim with tools and random, unfinished experiments. He went to his 'inventing desk', ripped open its drawer, waded through the random screws and tools, and took out Slasher von Slice, which had its blade retracted into its hilt, as well as Sir Grapple, there was no need to get Saint Zapolas as Josh already had it on. Josh stuffed these in his pockets. He looked at his three computer screens on the other side of the room and sighed, there'd be no Skype calls with his friends until King Muscle was taken down and even that depended on if he died or not. Nah he wouldn't, Josh planned to kill a few things before he died himself. And with that Josh left his man cave, flew down the stairs and sprinted back to the park.

When Josh returned to the park King Muscle was bounding around like an idiot, knocking down trees and smashing benches.
What a sight. King Muscles huffed and let out disgusting smelling breath that Josh could faintly smell from the roughly twenty-five metres between him and the beast. That thing had to be put down. Seriously, if King Muscle's appearance wasn't enough to warrant for its death then the destruction it was causing would have to be.
Crap, here it comes. King Muscle turned his attention towards Josh and starting striding in his direction. Quickly thinking Josh spotted one of the few lights belonging to the park that were left standing and fired Sir Grapple at it. Success, the grapple hit its target dead on and Josh was quickly reeled towards, but before he could meet the end of the grapple Josh twisted and swung out, landing on the back of King Muscle who quickly realised Josh had out-maneuvered him. Within just a few seconds Josh had Slasher von Slice in his right hand, swinging the hilt to propel its blade outwards by fifty centimeters. Then, gripping it in both hands, Josh stabbed down into King Muscle. As a 'thanks for the sword in my back' King Muscle swung his arm over his back and smashed a huge fist into Josh, sending him flying off with his instruments in hand. While hurtling through the air Josh randomly aimed Sir Grapple and fired, hitting a tree and zipping towards it when he was just moments from hitting the ground very hard.

Josh climbed on to a branch of the tree that had saved him from serious damage and wiped his mouth with the back of his right hand to check if he was bleeding. Oh, yep, he was.
Bad move, King Muscle. Josh smirked and didn't bother to check if anymore blood was coming. If that's how this was going to play out, Josh could guarantee he could get more blood out of King Muscle than he could of him. So much more. Although his stab to the back didn't do much Josh had some other ideas to take down the titan.
'This guy's a bit of a bastard, isn't he?' Josh called to the lab coat guy and the nurse. 'Good thing I'm here to help you take care of him!'

Last edited:

Light

faster than
Awards
Mr. Martin noticed something was wrong pretty early.

He'd reached the outskirts of the great city long ago. From there he'd hurried across the vast entity, jumping from train to train. Everything had been running prim and proper. People passed by, the spoiled, the angry, and the blissful. The Rainbow City was a utopia, and by definition, perfect. Who was to say that perfection wasn't this beautiful amalgamation of people; their races, personalities, and culture. Tomas would hate to see their lives brought to an end.

The Dawnbringer broke out of his thoughts as this final train came to halt. As the doors slid open, he strode out of the locomotor, walking with purposeful steps. His eyes scanned the crowds... the crowds. Where were the crowds? It was the last hour before sundown. There should be a huge mass of peoples travelling home. He looked at the stop-sign, to double-check that he was at Central Square Station. And there it was: Central Square Station. The sign read it loud and clear.

There was definitely something wrong. He hurried now, jogging through and out of the complex networks below the city. As he came to the surface he noticed destruction. Wreckage and debris littered the streets like rubbish on ol' Midgar. Streetlamps, hydrants, cars, all overturned in some insane whirlwind of violence. Whatever had caused this was powerful, man, fiend, or storm. Considering the lack of warning, it wasn't storm. There was a primitive barbarity to the damage that spoke not of man, but of beast.

A roar. It burst outwards with savage strength, thundering into Tomas' ears like a mouse darting home to escape the paws of its hunter. Tomas could sense something about the call. It was a challenge. It was a call to battle. It was about to engage.

Mr. Martin ran through the streets, following the sound of conflict, in search of the beast. He could sense something foul, something not natural. It was no animal, but a monster, whatever it was. He picked up his pace, rushing to find what he faced. As he turned the corner, he was met with a sight indeed.

A giant thing, easily 25 feet tall, perhaps closer to 30, hulked in front of a mere teenage boy. It screamed in rage, obviously angered now. There was a red angry thing on its back, quite possibly the source of its displeasure. It shuddered once, and charged the kid. The kid was ready, and evaded with relative ease. Tomas looked around the square, and noticed a nurse and that doctor. He was familiar with the man's work, but couldn't place a name on him.

Maybe it was one of his damned experiments gone wrong. Maybe he was just coincidentally in this spot, but the Lord of the Guard doubted it. In fact, it had to be something to do with the man and his lass. There was a gaping hole where his workplace was, a massive chunk of the wall torn open. Tomas must investigate afterwards.

For now, he climbed a building. Some sort of establishment, it would take him to a place above the battle. That was all that mattered now. In this instance, Mr. Martin knew the importance of a swift strike from above. Confronting the beast from below would end the battle, surely, but it would be costly. A masterstroke from the air would surprise the rage-fueled monster, and probably end the fight quickly. A lot quicker than a constant attack from below, at least.

Still, aggressors on the ground would keep the beast occupied. So, the Doctor and the Kid were needed. At the moment the Doctor didn't look to be much help, however. He couldn't let the poor boy deal with the beast alone.

The Lord of The Guard reached out with his hand. A small ball of white-hot flame, the size of his fist, materialized below his palm. One second it was there. Then Tomas gestured towards the monster. The ball zipped right into the thing. It was forced to stagger back, falling over its feet, giving the boy a moment to take the advantage. A brief movement of his finger, and red flames erupted around the fallen form.

The Doctor didn't like that though. A few angry shouts, and he had Tomas' attention. Closing his fist, the flames dissolved. The Doctor calmed down somewhat, and Tomas returned to his task of climbing.

Maybe the boy had seen him, maybe he hadn't. Hopefully, he knew to buy time. In a half minute he would be in strike position, and from there... well. The beast should have a quick finish.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
"If you're serious, then our best course of action would be to take it back to the lab before it draws any more unwanted attention." Of course, destroying half the city in less than an hour wasn't going to make things easy on them. Neither was the gaping hole in front of the clinic. At least they already had a cover story set in advance about how--if Cadaver Senior ever escaped--they would say that it burst through the sewers into their underground research facility before blasting it's way into the city. They had even prepared a large hole years ago that led into the sewers. Broken into the clinic, of course. "I'll make an injection into his spine instead." Cadaver said. "You distract--"

'Hey guys!' Came a call. The duo turned to find a teenager waving at them and telling them about his plan to assist them.
"This is the opposite of what we need." The doctor muttered to himself. "Go, let's try to bring him down." Linda nodded and ran towards the beast, pipe raised high. She struck it on the side, mostly to gain its attention. Once the beast turned, the doctor repeated his high jump action but landed on his father's back instead. He raised his syringe and slammed it into the square of the beast's back, literally performing a spinal tap with the Spinal Tap. For a few seconds it looked like the plan had worked, and the monstrosity seemed to slow down. It didn't last long, however, as it quickly regained its vigor and grabbed the doctor from behind and tossed him at the nurse. The collided spectacularly, falling to the floor and tumbling to a stop.
"I wish he would stop doing that." Albiner said, helping his partner to her feet. It was obvious that subduing the monster was no longer an option as he flew into a new raging frenzy. By now the teenager had returned, wielding a sword. After a bit of a fight he was knocked aside in a similar manner that the doctor was.

'This guy's a bit of a bastard, isn't he?' the boy asked as he stood on a tree branch. Albiner smiled.
"Technically, that would be me." He answered softly as a ball of fire struck the monster. Following the line of sight, the doctor yelled up to the sniper "You want a flaming 30 foot monster attacking the town now!?" Either the sword wielding sniper got the point or decided to change tactics as he began to climb up the building into higher ground. Either way it would be good to have someone in the air to provide support. But what they needed now was a large attack force. It would take a small army of guns to knock the beast around some. So much for not drawing any more unwanted attention.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
A roar was the first thing to drown out the abysmal silence.

"Holy shit!" Thinks C.C. to her self as she feels the ground shake beneath her.

C.C. ran to the end of the street, finding herself by the fountain plaza. In front of her gaze stood a massive, muscle-loaded.......something. Looked like King Kong if they added a few veins and gave him a poor hair-style.

In front of the monster stood a Doctor and a Nurse. The doctor carried some kind of over-sized syringe, while the girl made do with a lead pipe. Climbing up a building was some-one with a sword, while a fourth boy she could barely make out was entering the fray. he recognized the Docor from somewhere. (She thinks she's met him before, but isn't sure) Everybody else was just as new as the walking anomaly in front of her. She knew she was needed when Big, Tall, and Muscles decides to throw the good Doctor onto the ground.

They clearly did NOT have this under control.

But what did she care? She finally got to do something!

"OOOOH-EEE!" Shouts C.C. happily. "Finally, some fun!"

C.C., with effort, grabs the massive Gatling Gun strapped to her backside. Mr. Obliterator. It's always been her trusted companion through thick and thin. And of course, when dealing with enemies. There's something about filling a target with bullets that was so satisfying.

Mr. Obliterator whirs and hums with power. It wanted to release the damage contained inside.

"Hey, Doctor-man!" Shouts C.C. "GET OUT THE F----ING WAY!"

yado

I taste delicious
Zach continued down the street towards his usual playing spot at a corner near a park. As he got closer, something caught his attention. He stopped and focused on the song of the world that he heard. It was fading behind another noise, a static like white noise, blocking out the song of the world itself. Zach lost himself in trying to figure out what was the cause of this noise could be.

Suddenly a push on his shoulder snapped him to reality. A rush of people was running past him from the park. Before he could question why, an extremely loud roar was sounded from the area of the park. The roar was no sound Zach had heard, and it didn't sound friendly. Stepping into a nearby ally, he set the guitar case down and opened it. Removing the guitar, he pulled a small box out of it, which contained his sextet. Sliding on the ring and holding the daggers between his fingers he began walking past the crowd.

"Dear Lord," Zach said as he walked. "I do not have your wisdom, nor am I in any position to judge any of the creatures that you have created." Zach said as he got into view of the park and saw the beast. "But I beg for your forgivness as i must send this beast back to the hell form where it came." He said walking towards it. As he got closer, he saw a group standing nearby. One carried a large gun and appeared to be enjoying the chaos. Her song struck him as a chaotic symphony, He was curious as to how the songs need for something similar to chaos, meaning she probably needed to be doing something like fighitng often, but it was by no means a bad song. The Doc like character on the other hand, Zach hated. A funeral march that seemed to be accompanied by some kind of musical screams, yet it was extremely upbeat. The girl with the lead pipe's song was faint, becoming similar to the doctors. That man was followed by pain and death, and he loved every minute of it. There were other songs in the area, but he couldn't hear them over the white noise that the creature produced.

Noticing the girl ready to unleash a wave of bullets on the creature, he decided he could try and attack it form the side. He began to running towards the right side, far enough that the gun-girl wouldn't hit him. As he ran past, he put his hand on the nurses shoulder saying "You should leave." as he ran towards the side of the beast and began to unleash a flurry of cuts with the sextet. "Give me the strength to destroy the foul beast." He whispered to himself.

Noel

Awards
The musics. <3

The clock tower bell was ringing for a much longer period than it should’ve been. Fifteen minutes to be exact. Atticus takes off one his ear buds looking back at the bell that was dongling, barely faintly hearing at what seems to be the noise of crushing cars and screaming civilians.

“Please tell me that this isn’t my fault..”

Atticus slowly creeps up to the edge of the clock tower to see what the commotion was, barely seeing a glimpse of the damage, swiftly turning around, rejecting the havoc that he thought he caused. Picking up Rebirth and holstering them on his back, Atticus decides to go in to the door leading the clockwork that functions the bell, hoping to find that rat that got the gears stuck. Before even being able to turn the knob, sudden migraines hit Atticus and the population of the city. These weren’t just normal aspirin taking migraines. They gave off a weird evil sensation; it felt like his shadow was strangling him. An eerie voice was saying aloud, and possibly maybe the whole city heard it.

“No one is safe... Better run while you can.”

The painful sensation was over, and Atticus was getting a hold of himself again. He placed his right hand in front of his face, using his thumb and
middle finger to massage his temples.

“Man do I need an asp-“

Atticus gets knocked off of the clock tower by an invisible force. The force was so powerful it sliced the top portion of the clock tower in multiple pieces, causing the glass on the clock face to break apart. Trying to get a hold of his balance midair, he looks up to see a massive swarm of demons escaping from the remains of the standing tower. Sheer shock was emerged from on the falling angel’s face. What the hell is happening? It is hell, hell is here. Anarcadia, is now in anarchy.

These demons are all different, none of them looked alike. A bigger probably 10 ft. tall hawk/goat like demon creature came out of the tower, heading right for him. Atticus takes his arms and reaches for his spears on his back. Where were his spears? The weight of the spears was missing from his body. He looks down to see that Rebirth was separated from him on the blow before. Falling back first, Atticus rolls over and dives through the air to get his spears before the sin-ly creature can rip him apart with his claws. Inching his arms to grab just the end handle of the two spears with his left arm, he grips it firmly, spinning his body with momentum to slash the demon’s stomach then piercing it through, he pulls himself up so his feet contacting on the demon’s body, running upward while dragging rebirth with him. At the end when he slices the demon in half, he jumps away pulling rebirth out of the demon. The goat devil thing vanished with only a purple ice-y flame before it dispersed. Committing a leap of faith to any nearby safe zone, luckily someone was happily to put out their laundry on a huge net nearby. Changing his momentum he fell right on top of the net letting it absorb Atticus’ fall.

The net stretching downward from the force, it pushed him back in the air until there wasn't a strong enough force for more elasticity. Laying on his back, He lifts his head up back seeing the tower continue to spawn more demons.

“What the..hell. Hell... Piss off...”

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
"Move." Albiner said as he shoved Linda away, just narrowly avoiding the spray of bullets that followed behind them. The beast staggered backwards, but put an arm in front of itself defensively, lessening the damage. Righting herself, Linda prepared once more to attack before a young man walked passed her, telling her that it was best if she left.
"I-I will do so such thing!" The nurse called after him, attacking the beast from behind.

The sudden attacks from multiple angles confused the beast. It put a defensive stance against the bullets only to be hit by slashes and stabs, as well as blunt lead pipe swings. Switching stances made things worse as defending against the two attackers meant he was instead riddled with bullets. Letting out another roar, the best prepared to slam its fists into the ground, but the doctor was quicker. Having loaded a pumpkin bomb, he tossed it at the monstrosity's eyes as it was distracted. The bomb connected, letting out a quick loud bang with green smoke, followed by a soft hissing noise. Having been blinded by whatever chemicals were in the bomb, Albiner senior brought its hands up to its face, completely dropping its guard. This was the perfect opportunity, and those attacking did not stop, and those who were not attacking quickly saw their chance and brought their own personal punishment to the party.

It took less than a minute for the beast to stagger to its knees. Covered with bruises, puncture holes, bullet holes, stab holes, slashes, burn marks, acid marks, and smoke, it finally fell to the ground with a small quake that caused a nearby bench to jump two feet. Once the others stopped their attacks, Cadaver made his way to the fallen beast and quickly examined its throat.
"Dead." He said loudly as he brought a cigarette to his lips. Let's see if it takes this time. "Nurse, if you would be so kind?" He asked Linda, raising his hand to her as if waiting for her to give him something. She thought for a second before grabbing the medical bag they had brought along. She opened it and produced a long plastic rope, handing it to the doctor. Tying the rope around the beast's neck was harder than he had thought it would be, but he managed to get it done in less than a minute. He handed the other end of the rope to his partner. "I trust you can take my father's corpse to the lab?" He asked, ignoring those around him. "I'd like to perform an autopsy when I have time." Assuming he's still dead by then. he added mentally. The nurse nodded and grabbed the rope. It looked hopeless at first glance, but she easily managed to drag the large corpse with next to no trouble.

"She's really starting to grow on me." Cadaver said as he watched the blood-trailing corpse make its way to his clinic. Suddenly, the doctor felt a sharp pain from the center of his head. Off in the distance, he could see Linda fall to her knees, clutching her head as well. The doctor smiled broadly, hardly able to contain his excitement over the sudden pain he and the rest of the group was feeling. The message ran clear for him: No one was safe. But if there was a fate worse than death, the good doctor would love to see it.

"I can treat anyone who needs medical attention." The doctor said gleefully, cigarette clenched between his teeth and syringe raised chest high, seemingly unaware of the chaos surrounding the tower near them.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
The bullets, along with whatever else the colorful group added to the mixture, finally saw the King Kong rip-off brought down. As it falls to the ground defeated, C.C. takes a moment to dodge a bench that barely manages to avoid converting her into a part of the asphalt.

"That's right ya big mother!" Shouts C.C. as her blood boil with heated, happy, passion.

But things weren't right as rain yet.

C.C. clutches her head as a massive throbbing settles into her head like an unwelcome bird tending nest.

"What the f*ck, man?!" She shouts as the throbbing gets worse in strength, almost replying to her foul-mouthed outburst.

Did the battle trigger.....whatever this was? Well, at least something was happening. She couldn't exactly call herself bored now. Still, the battle could've lasted longer. Looks like the bullet spray was the highlight of her day.

"Hey Doc, any idea what this shit is?" She asks the Doctor, rather indignantly given the pain. "Head feels like a movin' semi!"

yado

I taste delicious
Zach watched as the beast fell, he brought back the blades and held them between his fingers again. He listened as the static from the white noise of the creature faded."Forgive me for taking the life of one of creatures, but understand my best intentions were in my actions." Zach wispered to himself. With it gone, he decided to focus on the songs of the others who were in the area. In addition to the mad doctor and the gun-girl, he could hear another song from a nearby tree where a young boy was. His song was a fugue, two voices somewhat clashing but always returning to unison, an odd style he had never heard before. From a nearby building he also heard something of a strict orchestra piece that struck him as an odd march. Heavy, yet light heart-ed in a way. The songs interested him, except for the Doctors, which brought only something of disgust.

His focus was suddenly lost when the white noise similar to the creature returned, extremely loud, to the point of causing a headache, and after but an instant it was gone. He heard the gun girl shout at the doc about a pain, and Zach guessed the others felt something similar. He turned his attention back to the song of the world, only to find it still covered with some static. Apparently the creature was not the only cause of the disturbance. "The song is still blocked, there must be more creatures of similar nature to the beast we killed." Zach said the the other standing near him.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
A pounding headache accompanied by blurred vision followed by feeling faint. Needless to say Josh felt uncomfortable, but then his ailments left him and he smirked. With blood trickling from Josh's lower lip, chin and right eyebrow he had to say it felt good to unleash some of his bottled up murderous thoughts on to King Muscle. Although he still had more. So much more.
'Poor thing,' Josh said as he watched King Muscle get dragged away. 'King Muscle died way too early, I didn't get a big enough chance to cut a chunk out of it. Disappointing.' After a few more moments of watching the now deceased King Muscle getting dragged away Josh started to examine everyone there, making sure to have a quick profile of them all. What a bunch. We had a doctor, his nurse, a chick with the mouth of a sailor, some guy in white that looked pretty concerned about something and whoever the hell that was who set King Muscle on fire. Josh was happy with the completely random group he found himself in, somehow he felt pretty comfortable.

Josh went to button up his open coat but quickly stopped himself to check his vest. If he had gotten his blood on it Fletch would kill him. That is if he could. Which he couldn't. Josh laughed. But yes, he did in fact get blood on his vest. He'd have to clean it, for the sake of not looking like a murderer to everyone. Josh wiped his face, smearing the last of the blood on his face accidentally.
Okay, now I look like a murderer.
Quickly getting over it Josh laughed, yet again, at himself. It wasn't every day he killed a very large monster like King Muscle with a group of such... interesting people, so he didn't know how to act. He probably looked like a complete loser to these guys and gal, or he might not. He commonly got paranoid about these situations.

'Well,' Josh started, shrugging off the odd feeling he had. 'that was a bit of fun. The name's Joshua Commotus, it's good to meet you all.' Josh got the feeling that these guys might not be the talkative type, but then it left him. Of course they were. They were weird.

Noel

Awards
Why?

Atticus's mood swung from mellow to disastrous in less than 30 seconds. Somehow this whole city had just turned upside down just like that. Rolling over fall off the net, only having his right hand to hang on to the net. Swinging back an forth to increase his jump distance to land suavely to the nearest building. Once his legs felt contact of the roof of the building he slights drops his center of gravity down to minimize the shock his feet would absorb. Riiiight. Looking back at the destroyed clock tower, only to see a vast number of despicable creatures only aiming to kill innocent people.

The building shook for a quick second; what? The angel looks over the building to see a giant behemoth, possibly another devil down and out by a few people. Wow. That would uve' been great to know that he had help this whole time. Pinching his nose and breathing out to pop his ears from the fall. Taking a few meters back, he goes in to a runners position, you know the ones they do for the 100 meter dashes. He volts forward and jumps over the edge guard preventing any accidental falls from lame people. His jump was impeccable, the distance he crossed was enough to almost manage to land on the the building on the other side. He grabs onto a ladder with a single hand from the said buildings fire escape. The force caused it to drop and slide down, by the final stretch of the ladder he was a meter or two from the ground, letting go he lands on the side walk. Slightly chuckling from the past few parkourish tricks he has done.

"Ah Ahaha I'm the Friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man!"

Trancing over to the two lads and a chick with a mini gun who he expected to be the ones that were capable to knock down such beast. Looking at it being tied up like a loose animal by animal control or shall we say a doctor and a nurse. Whistling a high then low. Smiling at them.

"Yooo! You guys mind helping out our next problem?"

Pointing at the tower spewing out just a few more demons before ceasing. Apparently it's load is all blown. Good, still there is still a lot left around in Anarcadia. A retched sound drilled in his ears. Owwwwww. What the bell was that? He looks over to his right to see, what seems to be a massive army of devils roughly their size coming from the streets. Sprinting at them too. Jeez. This doesn't get any easier does it? Pointing to his right, and reluctantly saying.

"That too..."

Atticus equips Rebirth in both of his hands, having his right spear stick straight up while, the other crossing sideways against it, forming a cross. Head down closing his eyes, and whispering.

"For Minevera.."

The valorous of all people, he runs straight on to the army of anarchy, spears hand and hand. Letting out a roar almost close to sounding like a lions. A good 10 meters before him and the devils are face to face, Atticus jumps high in the air and dives down in a 45 degree angle at the crowd of devils, spears first. The blow looked so devastating to the where the air in front of the spears started distort and changing to a bright blue and orange mixture. Wence the contacting spears made a single touch causing a shockwave and an iceyhot wave to blast a reasonable but not a lot of the devils to burst into oblivion. They dispersed like the goat thing earlier. On the ground the brave lad let out another roar and started slashing at multiple demons, avoiding their claws and tackles with efficiency. Fight for everyone. They deserve to live.

Last edited:

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
From the darkest corner and gutters along came the man of long and elegant stature. His long coat and silver hair brushes with the breeze like a satin curtain being furled gently. As he walked, the shadows danced in his steps like a grand theatrical play. For he was no human in nature, not one of those filthy mistakes of creation that plagues the world more than demonkind do, his true nature was of the underworld, a demonic high born.

Walking past the alley, he paused on his tracks to look at the tower ahead. The tower of creation, the rook, one of the pieces of the game he aims to put out. For he is the king, the lead piece in this game. A feint smirk drew on his porcelain face. He extended his arm forward only to catch an incoming hat from nowhere. The hat landed directly on his grasp as if the object itself was meant to be his. Wolve dusted the stray hat and wore it like a crown.

"What a splendid journey through here that was."

The grand gentleman began to speak, in a crisp English accent. Viewing ahead, he took his time before taking off. Basking in the beauty of darkness that surrounded him. Seconds pass and the dancing orchestra of shadows began to fall off fast, from a graceful ballet troupe to a twisted and deranged macabre of horror. Demonic grunts began rising out of the darkness that harbored them, surrounding the gentleman almost immediately. Behind him, the alley, came a the alpha of this wolf pack. "Ah so they arrived! I have never expected such a welcome entourage like this! But..." The alpha demon closed its distance on the nonchalant highborn with claws that can gut or impale a man at the ready. As it close the gap, it's mouth was met with Wolve's Gentleman Special, his long magnum revolver. "--shame I am the ace piece of this game compared to you filthy pawns. I have no need for disposable pawns. A king's move is--" Wolve pulled the trigger, blowing off its head clean off the socket. "--absolute."

With the gentleman made his move finally, the swarm of demonic grunts began storming through Wolve's direction. He then brandishes his top fancy, the Hydra and started firing rapid fire rounds at them along with his sidearm. He does so with such fluidity and grace and speed. Effortless in his stance while still holding his ground. Bodies and cadavers pile up, until the last of the grunts were shot. Coincidence has it that the piled bodies of his defeated foes formed a makeshift throne made of flesh from his befallen enemies. With the gentleman sitting atop the pile. One immobilized grunt tries to crawl his way up and reach its claws on the gentleman's feet. But is only met yet again with the long barrel of the Gentleman's Special. "Checkmate!" He blurted out as he pulled the trigger. The body of the felled demon slid through the cadaver pile. As it slid through, Wolve used it as a mean to go down from where he's sitting like an escalator with his right foot on the demon's face.

As they reached the ground, Wolve looked down upon the lowly grunt again. "Thank you for the company. Oh please next time, do tell the others to put up a much better entourage than this. 'Tis almost disgraceful and distasteful. A human asylum's company would have done so much better." The gentleman said with such high and classy sarcastic demeanor. With those words, he crushed the demon's skull under his heel and the remaining cadavers began withering with the shadows. Now that's out of the way, Wolve continued walking towards the tower's direction.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
The doctor inhaled from his cigarette as he thought for a second, regaining his composure.
"I have no idea." He finally answered C.C., his speech hazed by the exhaled smoke. The remaining ragtag group made their way to the center area of the park as the nearby collapsing tower began to catch their attention. "But like our lord whispering friend here mentioned" he said, making a gesture towards Zach "This is most likely the beginning." Right on cue, Atticus flew next to them, mentioning the tower that had momentarily captured the doctor's attention. It had been an extraordinarily ordinary place, or at least from what he remembered. It had a nice view of the area, which he had used on more than one occasion to find any homeless in need...Well, that's what he told everyone anyway. The truth was a bit more...grim. But those memories were now literally a thing of the past as the tower exploded in a tidal wave of demons, specters, and phantoms. Drawing his attention to their surroundings, the angel pointed out another smaller wave of devils stampeding towards the group.

"First my father becomes enraged with demonic powers, then a tower explodes and expels a legion of demons, and now this." The doctor flicked the cigarette in Atticus' general direction, knowing full well that it would do him no harm. "Tell me, are you the Angel of Death?" Albiner teased before being sucked into the world below by a small black portal. He quickly reappeared the middle of the demon army, popping up in black smoke. His sudden appearance startled one of the devils who backed into another devil's claws, wounding it severely. Not the brightest bunch. The doctor thought to himself before delivering a quick kick to the chest of the startled devil, propelling it and the one behind it into another small group. "This shouldn't give us any problems." He cackled. "But there is no doubt that my clinic will be overflowing by the time we're done." Cadaver was once again swallowed up by the dark forces resting below and reappeared behind another devil in the horde, striking the back of it's knees with enough precision to render it incapable of walking. It would spend the next half hour clutching its leg in pain before regaining enough presence of mind to move away from the marching army. The doctor continued his hit and run tactic, striking down devil after devil, monster after monster, with quick light attacks that incapacitated them. He loved every second of it. It was one thing to kill them, it was another to damn them to their own separate hell of pain for a few minutes before they were trampled to death by their kin. Though he was teleporting too fast to see unless you were actively searching for him, his quiet laughter echoed behind him as he blinked in and out of existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back