• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Devil May Cry: Abyssal [SignUp/Ooc]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noel

Awards
Devil May Cry: Abyssal

Setting

Anarcadia is a giant metropolis about the size of Washington, where all of their buildings are diverse in their design and architecture. Every race and religion decided to immigrate in to its borders in to avoid that unfaithful day. The day was when our God, Minevera was slain by Angel Hunters, who they say that they were our saviors who are to cleanse the unbalanced holy in the world. From the result of Minevera’s passing, demons started to spawn and killing innocent people. The Angel Hunters weren’t to be seen or heard from again. Hoping to avoid the conflict, the United Nations of Midgar (This RP’s name for Earth) made Anarcadia to protect humanity.

Reclaiming the lives for men, everything seemed golden. There was world peace, no hunger, and perfection thanks to the ultimate collaboration of men and women. This Anarcadia is the Promised Land. Of course to ensure safety, everyone is issued weapons, and skill classes of their interest starting at the age of 10. Still with all the preparations, the government decided to inject a special serum in to its population, increasing their strength, agility, regeneration and anything else that will protect them against demons, Or so they thought..

This RP will take place once hell breaks loose, literally.

Rules:

1. [*=center]No PP or GM
    [*=center]No bang bang sexually stuff. We have 11 year olds here.
    [*=center]Literacy.
    [*=center]Be active (2 posts a week)
    [*=center]Have at least a minimum of 2 paragraphs in each post.
    [*=center]BE SUPER STYLISH.

Templates:

(Creativity is a must. The thing about Devil May Cry is that you have to be ridiculously stylish, with a slight tap of crazy.)

Name:

Title:

Personality:

Appearance:

Weapon(s) of Choice:

Abilities/Talents:

Other:

(of course, don’t be pushy over powered, just stylish and creative is all we want. )

Dem Peoples

Lord Chill as Joshua Fletcher

Light as Tomas Martin
Noblesse Oblige as Atticus Gendilan

CD-MAN2021 as Dr. Albiner Cadaver Jr.
Yado as Zachary King (Currently Missing)
Klom89 as Ciscisco

Tyrant Raver as Wolvenford Titus
Unkwn as Ro Ransom

Last edited:

Noel

Awards
Lol Correct. I'll be editing the post for any more ideas I have in mind.

yado

I taste delicious
Claiming that i am interested, and will be thinking of a character, but friday is probably when i will actually make it since it is finals week -_-

Noel

Awards
No problem, it'll give me time to focus on my own school work. Especially raising my D+ in geometry before the semester ends.

Light

faster than
Awards
I'm in much the same position as yado, except I'm doing the year above's Chem exam tomorrow instead. Expect a template thursday or friday afternoon (AEST).

Noel

Awards
I take it your a freshmen? Jeeeeez I feel dumb. I'm a junior and I'm taking Geometry and Chem now. >.<But like for Yado, I understand. Good luck!

Light

faster than
Awards
Nah, just I'm Grade 9 and taking the Grade 10 Chemistry exam because I just sit around doing a whole lot of nothing in the Grade 9 classes and exams. School's a bit different in Aus.

Noel

Awards
That's still a freshmen in American standards, but I got you. My swim coach is Australian and he told us about your guys' school program. Nonetheless, I hope you do well, chemistry is a fun class.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Man, being in college is awesome.

What's the expected amount of fighting for this RP? I want my character to be not-so-crazy but I don't think that's much of an option here.

Noel

Awards
I can't wait to go to University of the Pacific.

Well taking to consideration, that fighting is supposed to show godly top you are. They'll probably be a good amount.

On the side note too. There is also going to be a good amount of demons to fight in some battles, since we all know you can't be expected to be bad ass if you fight one measly/common demon too. Albeit if you have a good mind, you could possibly be able to.

Edit: Just don't be overpowered to where it's no fun for the others.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
Oh oh I have a question!

How would you feel about Halflings (i.e. Half Demons and Half Angels)? Or is that not a scenario in this verse?
Also, Are we free to expand the world as we RP? or will you be revealing it yourself on the go?

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
You've got my attention, I'll get a template done soonish.

Haven't roleplayed properly in a while and this one looks fun as diddly.

Noel

Awards
Oh oh I have a question!

How would you feel about Halflings (i.e. Half Demons and Half Angels)? Or is that not a scenario in this verse?
Also, Are we free to expand the world as we RP? or will you be revealing it yourself on the go?

I don't mind about halflings. So go for it if you want. Of course, we have a city the size of 50 New Yorks, you have total creative freedom to expand. :]
You've got my attention, I'll get a template done soonish.

Haven't roleplayed properly in a while and this one looks fun as diddly.
This RP sure is getting a lot of attention I see.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Finished my template :D

Name: Joshua (Josh) Commotus/ Fletcher (Fletch) Attentus

Title: The Personality

Personality: Joshua suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder [DID], or as its better known, Multiple Personality Disorder, from being abused by his father when his mother died when he was a child. Because of this Joshua bounces between personalities, the main two being that of Joshua, his usual self, and Fletcher, a much cooler and sophisticated version of himself. The personalities take turns to have control over Josh, a turn taking a whole day. However the personalities immediately switch when someone mentions anything about parents, as it is Joshua’s trigger from childhood trauma. Three things they have in common is their love for science, being able to invent a large array of gadgets, as well as their love for all games, be it board or PC they love them. Lastly they always tend to hate the majority of people they meet at first, that is until they start to grow on them.

Joshua- Joshua appears to be a cheerful, funny and eccentric boy, that guy that not many people care about but nobody hates. Underneath this Josh is a violent, murderous kid. Now, he doesn’t show this side to anybody, it’s a secret. But in his mind, while he’s smiling to you during a conversation, all he is doing is suppressing thoughts to dissect you right where you stand. He doesn’t want to, he is a good kid, but it’s just so hard. Josh hasn’t snapped yet, but on the day he does somebody is probably going to kick the bucket.

Fletcher- The other side of Joshua is Fletcher, a cool, calm and collected guy who chooses to ignore things about his other side, such as his friends that he pretends don’t exist. Fletch is much more stylish and has many more friends than Josh, being the most popular guy at school both socially and through sport. His shared love for science with his other side is kept a secret from everyone, as he’s afraid of being called a nerd and losing the respect people have for him. Unlike Josh though Fletcher doesn’t have a desire deep down to kill people, he just enjoys being rude to the majority of people he meets and wears a fake mask of mutual respect when he talks to them.

Appearance: Joshua has medium length dark-blonde hair, which he keeps neat and tidy and Fletcher tends to mess up with hair wax to look cool. Joshua has the disease of Heterochromia, having one green eye and one grey eye, which both Josh and Fletch think is pretty cool. Atop his head are black rimmed glasses, Joshua doesn’t need them as his eyes are perfectly fine, but Fletch likes to wear them as it is his style. Joshua has pale white skin and stands at 5 ft 8 ½ tall with a thin figure but accompanied with pretty muscly arms.

Joshua wears a long sleeved white dress shirt underneath a black vest with a black coat on top. The coat has ten round buttons and two pockets near the bottom that Joshua stores random things he finds in. On his left hand is Saint Zapolas, his custom-made black glove that is ten centimetres off in length to reach the indent of his elbow. When it gets cold Joshua moves the grey scarf around his neck so it covers his mouth and nose like a mask.

Joshua’s pants are black jeans that are moderately loose to enable better movement for Joshua, but to make sure they are not too loose Joshua has a black and white checker patterned belt with a skull shaped buckle. The jeans are long enough that if they were two centimetres longer they would be touching the ground. On his feet are black steel capped boots over plain white socks.
*Reference for the coat- http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/4...ets-black-jacket-Size-M-L-XL-high-quality.jpg

Weapon(s) of Choice:
Slasher von Slice [SvS] - The Slasher von Slice is a one edged sword made from a collaboration of both sides of Josh from comparing notes. It’s blade is made to change its length when the button on its handle is held and it is swung, the amount of force of it being swung can extend or retract the blade.

Sir Grapple – Sir Grapple is Fletcher’s favourite gadget because he made it himself. The grapple looks fairly simple and that’s because it is, one button to shoot the grapple and the same one to pull the handle and whoever is holding it to the end of the grapple. It looks like a big knuckle buster to put it blankly, with a big arrow head looking tip attached to an almost unbreakable metal cord.

Saint Zapolas- Saint Zapolas is a black glove made by Josh. The glove is left handed and made of a strange and uncuttable black fabric. The glove has the inside of a Taser, with a few modifications, in it. Saint Zapolas can tase people from its palm and from its fingers. As an added bonus Fletcher added a modification so that the power of Saint Zapolas can be adjusted to the point of sending someone rocketing backwards just by moving your thumb into the palm or stretching it out.

General Steel Caps- Joshua’s shoes are steel cap boots. Kick. Crunch. Ow.

Abilities/Talents:
· Josh and Fletcher have a ridiculously high skill in science. They can make medicine and gadgets, like those that they carry with them.
· For some odd reason Joshua and Fletcher can smell demons in roughly a ten-meter radius.
Both Joshua and Fletcher are good at reading the facial expressions of other people, making it easy to know if they’re lying or angry for example.

Now, if there's any problems with my template let me know and I'll be right on it.

Noel

Awards
@Lord Chill. I can really see the uniqueness in the character you have. Accepted. Although with your hand dandy assortment of weapons, let's not try and be Op with the utility you have. Okay? Scratch that what am I talking about. More weapons the better. What I'm getting at is, don't go scapegoating from an attack to often.
@CDMan. No worries it's all well and good.

Edit: I'll be posting mine tomorow.

Last edited:

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
@Lord Chill. I can really see the uniqueness in the character you have. Accepted. Although with your hand dandy assortment of weapons, let's not try and be Op with the utility you have. Okay? Scratch that what am I talking about. More weapons the better. What I'm getting at is, don't go scapegoating from an attack to often.

Trust me I won't, I'd prefer to roleplay fairly than win continuously with god-tier characters.

Light

faster than
Awards
Name: Tomas Martin

Title: The Dawnbringer

Personality: Tomas has two very distinct 'modes'. One, where he is happy, cheerful, respectable, and downright heart-warming. The other, he is focused and relentless.

Tomas has a certain disregard for the bad, or rather, feeling it. It's not like he just doesn't see it. He's not one of those 'it was fated to happen' kind of people either. It's more of the fact that he find's a problem, and beats it. Evil is only temporary; it can be brought to heel. So, rather than get all psyched out, crying up and down to the Lord above, he goes about fixing it. Now, he doesn't take his jolly good time ending that pesky line of troublesome matter. He does it with speed, and ruthlessness. Tomas seeks salvation, and he'll be damned if he doesn't find it.

Which is why when he's not solving a problem, he's kind and trustworthy. He goes out of his way to help others... within its limits, of course. There'd be no point throwing his life away - see, that would be a problem. That would be assuring that he does not find his way into thy kingdom come. Tomas will fight for what is right, unwavering resolve in hand.

Appearance: The Dawnbringer is not named unworthily. His figure is slim and lean, his complexion lightly tanned. If you looked closely enough, you would notice he glowed with a faint golden aura. Tomas wears a golden shirt that is enshrouded by a white blazer. The blazer juts out at the bottom, two sharp triangular tails sticking from the back. On his shoulders, and on the centre of the two triangles, are blue gems. The gems are of deep colour, and are as hard as diamond.

Jet black jeans cover thin legs. Be warned, demons, they are much stronger than they appear. Many a foe has fallen to a swift kick across the head. Holstered on his hips, aside a gleaming belt, is a long katana. An extra 6 inches longer than the standard samurai's weapon of choice, Tomas' posses a keen and hungry edge. It has an appetite for demon blood and flesh, and eagerly seeks it out. Rather than being molded of iron and steel, it is made of the same jewel that adorns Tomas' blazer. The way it reflects light is different, however, rather than being wholly blue, is silver down the middle, and dark azure along the edge.

Weapons of Choice:

Hope: His katana. As already described. It has the ability to reflect light and heat through its crystals, adding a particularly nasty bite to each slash. When combined with his ability to generate bright sources of light and extreme heat in concentrated areas (a mutation caused by the serum injected into his body) Hope, ironically, becomes a bringer of terror.

Simple Solution: A one-handed gun. It accepts many bullet types. Too bad that Tomas has burnt through all of his wide variety of acid, explosive, and thick tipped bullets. At this point in time, it is much like any other firearm.

Abilities: As mentioned before, Tomas has the ability to summon light and heat outside of his body. Whether in the form of a flame, or a floating orb in the sky, it makes little difference. He cannot sustain extreme heats for extended periods though, otherwise he would exhaust his energy supply. In any such case, his body would combust instantly... not to mention, violently.

Other: Tomas held faith in Minerva, and still does. He believes there may be a way for to resurrect the god. All they need is the right amount of power.

note: If I've gone in the wrong direction with the character, just shoot it at me. I wasn't quite sure exactly what level of strength I'm meant to be having, so if it's too high or too low, pop in the word.

Noel

Awards
Excellent temp, accepted. Don't worry about your characters power to much. You and Chill seem to be in the same class strength wise. Don't forget, it's up to the writer if he is over or underpowered in a story. Creates more intensity/drive in battles. If we do seem to be more over powered. Easiest solution. More demons and stronger ones at that. Being strong and a demon killer machine isn't the only way to be badass. Overcoming huge feats and challenges that seem godly is the best of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back