• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Devil May Cry 5 | March 8th 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I read an article about some odd censorship regarding the females butts in this game, that they used a lens glare to censor Lady's in all versions, and a lens glare to censor Trish's ONLY in the PS4 version.

I mean, I really don't care. It's not something that would detract from the game AT ALL, so I don't understand people getting legitimately in a tizzy over it.

What does intrigue me about it though is the censorship in general, something that always piques my interest. In this case It's just kind of like: Why? The game is rated M, we have tons of other games that show waaaay more than these scenes in question. Also, why does the PS4 have more censorship in general than the other releases? On the one hand I want to ask if it's a Sony thing, but on the other that would be weird if it was because look how many other Sony games, again, show way more.

What a strange thing.

Max

Staff member
Awards
So I just read an article that they officially retconned the series timeline so that DMC2 takes place between 1 and 4 now instead of at the end of the series? Which I mean, I don't have a problem with, because that means 2 isn't the canon end anymore, but I would like some clarification on what the hell happened to Dante between 2 and 4 now? Unless 5 explains it (I've still yet to play 5). Can anyone confirm if 5 touches on this, or is it just something we kinda gotta deal with because who cares?

smithclarkson01

irony is that the Director Hideaki Itsuno was on hand at Microsoft’s Xbox Inside show at Gamescom 2018 to debut a new trailer, and also talk about various aspects of the gameplay. :p

9Apps 9apps VidMate

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

So I just read an article that they officially retconned the series timeline so that DMC2 takes place between 1 and 4 now instead of at the end of the series? Which I mean, I don't have a problem with, because that means 2 isn't the canon end anymore, but I would like some clarification on what the hell happened to Dante between 2 and 4 now? Unless 5 explains it (I've still yet to play 5). Can anyone confirm if 5 touches on this, or is it just something we kinda gotta deal with because who cares?
5 itself does not touch upon it but the prequel light novel "Before the Nightmare" does.

D

Deleted member 246005

I played and beat DMCV when it came out. Its a fun game with a decent story. Im not sure i like the end tho.

For DMC6 i rather they start fresh with a new cast than continue with the current one. My interest in them waned alot over the years.

Dante's the best gameplay wise but you get him late in the game and he's given alot to play with so it can get overwhelming. Storywise this is probably the best he's been in a long time.

Nero's alright but never became my favorite. The breaker gimmick was alright. I wasn't a nero fan in 4 and 5 didn't change my mind much.

V is the mvp of the story but his gameplay needed more polish. I wish he would get his own spinoff but the reveal ruined him down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

insideOUT

Not as good as DMC4. After watching its gameplay on Apknite, I decided to play it, but I hate having to play as V. I wish I got more Nero and Dante missions with bigger fights for the pair. I suppose once I move onto the harder difficulties it'll get better.

D

Deleted member 263385

i've beaten the game a while back and its by far one of the best games in the series.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I still haven't played Devil May Cry 5, but I love the series (apart from 2 😂). I got my hands on a PS5 back in November and I finally just pulled the trigger on replacing my 10 year old tv. And you better believe the new one is 4K with 120hz, so I'm so ready to be able to give DMC5 a try and be able to do so at 120fps, that's super exciting!

Back