• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
Whats so special about Devil May Cry 3: Special Addition?

TGS 2005: Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition Trailer Impressions
TOKYO-- Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition was only recently confirmed, but it's already making a presence at TGS this year. Unfortunately it was in the form of a trailer, so it's difficult to see what makes this game as special as its predecessor, the regular version of Devil May Cry 3.

We know that the major difference between the two games is that this one allows you to play through as Vergil, Dante's evil twin. Although you could use him briefly in the previous game, you will now be able to unlock him and play through the entire game from his perspective. Since the charismatic Dante is half the fun of the Devil May Cry games, it will be interesting to see what Vergil has to offer. The trailer, which showed clips of both characters in the game, juxtaposed their two fighting styles and their weaponry, although without being able to get our hands on the game, it's not as easy to see exactly how those differences work into the gameplay. We can confirm, though, that although both characters have white hair, Vergil is wearing a blue coat as opposed to Dante's red. Truthfully, from the clips of gameplay we saw, that seems to be the major difference between the two. Vergil still adheres to the traditional Devil May Cry mechanics, so it will take a deeper look at the game to be able to see how the nuances of his style manifest themselves.

Throughout the demo, words were splashed across the screen indicating the names of moves in the game, which included starfall, rising dragon, upper slash, rapid slash, spiral swords, wild stomp, thrust kick, and free ride. It's apparent that, above all, this game will be as dedicated to the action as all of the previous Devil May Cry games. Since it's coming out on the PS2, the same platform as the previous three, the Special Edition will likely provide a unique gameplay experience in some respect, but the trailer didn't give much indication about what it is. The announced "very hard" mode and "demo digest" were not made apparent by the trailer, but for what it's worth, the game did look very good. We look forward to getting the opportunity to play the new difficulty setting with Vergil sometime in the near future.

By Carrie Gouskos, GameSpot POSTED: 09/17/05 06:21 AM

TGS 2005: Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition confirmed
b.gif

[UPDATED] Capcom will release an upgraded version of its fantasy adventure that allows gamers to play as Vergil.

According to the latest issue of Famitsu, Capcom will release Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition for the PlayStation 2 this winter in Japan. Development of the game is reportedly complete, so its release should see no delays.

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition will be an upgraded version of Devil May Cry 3 with a number of new features. The biggest addition revealed thus far is the inclusion of Dante's evil twin, Vergil, as a playable character. While Vergil was briefly playable in the original DMC3, players will now be able to unlock him and play the game from his point of view.

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition will also include a new "very hard" difficulty setting, and a "demo digest" option that allows players to watch cutscenes from the game. The game is expected to be playable at this week's Tokyo Game Show.

Now that the show has begun, Capcom has unveiled its official Web site for Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, showcasing some new artwork from the game, as well as Vergil and his various weapons.

By Staff -- GameSpot
POSTED: 09/14/05 04:49 PM PST

And so you see some vergil in action the DMC3: SE Trailer
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/devilmaycry3specialedition/media.html

Also the official site has opened up. With some new artwork and a look at Vergil's new weapons.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil3_se/

S

Shadow Soldier

Sweet, Its gonna be hard to compete with original Devil May Cry 3, I wonder how it will work out.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Stop doing this to me, developers! Stop re-releasing the same game, even if it is something like MGS3: Subsistance. How can I afford games like Shadow of the Colossus and We Love Katamari if you're going to make me get your super special director's cut edition turbo version of the awesome game you released six months ago?

S

Shadow Soldier

Because then you can sell the original or whatever,, and get like 20 bucks for it. Then you can afford it.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
...but you can't transfer your saved data from the original over to the special edition. All of the blood, sweat, and tears you poured into the first are all for naught.

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
I can't wait. Vergil is one of my favorite video game villains. It does suck that you can't transefer any data but for me it doesn't matter. I don't buy games I rent them from Gamefly so I save a bunch of money. I think that they should the concept of playing as another character with other games like they did with KH:CoM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back