• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Destiny's Fate -

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess of KH

you guys are in luck! ^_^ i have a new chappie for you! so, here it is, hope you like it! i think it's a little longer than normal, too...you deserve extra, anyway!

Chapter 79

When they opened the door, the three of them were almost dripping wet. They walked inside to find Alex sitting on the couch, watching the tv. “Where’s Sora and Kairi?” Riku asked. “They left as soon as we got here. They said to tell you they went to the other island. They said they’d be back soon.” He replied.

“Who’s he?” Tidus asked Riku quietly. “He’s Alex, one of my friends.” “And what’s her name?” Tidus asked in a casual tone. “Anna; she’s another friend.” Anna had fallen asleep a minute or so before reaching the house, so Tidus knew she wasn’t listening. “She single?” He asked. “I don’t know. You’ll just have to ask her.” Riku answered. “You don’t know if she’s single or not? How long have you known her?” Tidus was expecting a “yes” or “no” answer. “Close to a year.” “And you don’t know if she’s single or not yet?!” “Yes, Tidus, she’s single. She’s also sleeping, so stop yelling.” Riku replied, getting annoyed. “Sorry; I didn’t mean to yell. Did I really yell?” “You were close to it.” Alex answered as he got up to get some food from the kitchen.

“Do your parents know you’re here?” Tidus asked Riku as he laid Anna on the couch. “No. It might be better if they don’t. We won’t be staying here for very long. We’ll probably leave as soon as we can.” He responded.

“Tidus? Riku?” The two boys turned around, and Alex looked over at the front door. In the doorway stood Kairi’s mom and dad. “Uh, hi.” Tidus said awkwardly. “It’s good to see you’re back, Riku. Is Kairi here?” The woman looked at Tidus and Riku with hopeful eyes. “Um, yea, she’s on the island, but she’s not here in the house. The guy in the kitchen is a friend of mine, and the same for the girl on the couch.” Riku answered. Alex walked out of the kitchen and stood beside Tidus, since he was closer than Riku. “Hi. Nice to meet you.” Alex said politely. Kairi’s parents smiled at him.

“Do you know where exactly Kairi is on the island?” Her father asked as he closed the door and hung his coat on the coat rack. “At the island we used to play on.” Tidus answered as he sat on the couch across from the one Anna was lying on. Riku sat down beside him, and Alex sat down beside Riku. “How long have you all been here?” The woman asked. “Alex was here before Tidus and I got here, but we haven’t been here very long.” Riku answered. She walked into the kitchen, and the man sat down in a chair close to the couches. “If you don’t mind me asking, why is she asleep?” Kairi’s father asked. “She passed out not too long ago, and when she woke up, she had a serious headache and then fell asleep. I can take her to my house or something, if you want.” Riku replied. “Oh, no, she’s fine. You could take her up to Kairi’s room, if you want, though. Her bed would probably feel better than the couch does.” The man said.

Riku decided to go ahead and put Anna on Kairi’s bed. He picked her up gently and carried her up the stairs, down the hall, down the next hall, and into Kairi’s bedroom. Riku knew his way around Kairi’s house. He and Sora had been there so many times that he knew it like the back of his hand. He laid Anna on Kairi’s bed slowly so he wouldn’t wake her up. He sat down on the edge of the bed, looking at her peaceful face, wondering what was going to happen to her in the future. He kept wondering what was going to happen to her after the whole crisis they were going through ended. He knew she wanted to stay with them on the islands, but part of him couldn’t help but wonder if that would actually happen. What if she couldn’t stay? What if she had to stay on Earth? What if he never got to see her again? Riku rubbed his head and stood up. After making sure Anna was still asleep, he silently left the room.

“What took you so long?” Riku looked at the direction of the voice and found Tidus sitting on the couch, flipping through the tv channels. “They had to leave. Said they were about to be late for some business meeting. And that we can stay as long as we’d like.” Tidus continued. “I was thinking; you should try it sometime.” Riku said in reply to Tidus’s question. “Very funny. Thinking sure does take a long time.”

“Or maybe it just took him so long because he was thinking about his new girlfriend.” Wakka said from the kitchen. “When’d you get here? And she’s not my girlfriend.” Riku looked at Tidus, who grinned. Riku already knew Tidus was the one who told Wakka about Anna. “Two minutes ago. And so you were thinking about her. Sounds like you wish she was your girlfriend.” Wakka walked into the living room holding a bag of chips. “Glad to see you too, Wakka.” Riku said sarcastically, ending the conversation.

“Tidus wishes she was his girlfriend, also. I think I’d like to meet this Anna. He tells me she’s pretty hot.” Wakka pointed to Tidus, who blushed and threw a sofa pillow at him. “Anything you want to say about her?” Riku sarcastically asked Alex. “She’s hot, all right. Same with Kairi. But I’ll let you guys fight over Anna, and Sora can keep Kairi.” He answered nonchalantly. “Wait, so this Anna is single? Now I think I should really meet her.” Wakka grinned, half joking and half serious. “She’s single, but there’s no way she’d want to go out with either of you. I can’t imagine any girl who’d go out with either of you.” Riku said as he sat down. “Shut up.” Tidus answered, glaring at Riku. Riku just grinned.

“Finally, it stopped raining. Right after we get out of the boats, of course.” Kairi said as she drug her boat up on the shore. “Yea, mother nature’s just being really nice to us today.” Sora joked as he walked over to Kairi after dragging his boat onshore. She was wringing her hair, trying to get as much water out as she could. Sora took off his shoes and socks and threw them into his boat. Kairi did the same.

“I have a question for you. I want you to answer honestly, too.” Kairi said as they walked on the beach. “Ok.” “Back before you ever got the keyblade, before the storm came to Destiny Islands, you and Riku used to race all the time. The last race before the storm came,” She paused for a moment and then finished, “Riku and you talked for a second, and then you looked really hesitant to start the race. Before that, he threw you a papou fruit. What was that all about?” She sounded sincere; she really wanted to know. “You saw all that?” He looked at her and watched her nod. “You were much more observant that I thought you were.” He laughed a little, mostly out of nervousness. “He threw me a papou fruit and then told me he knew I wanted to try it out, or something like that. Before the race started, we talked about what we wanted to name the raft. Then I said that if I won the race, that I got to name the raft. But he said that whoever won would get to share a papou fruit with you.” Sora blushed a little, barely enough for Kairi to notice. “And why were you hesitant to do the race?” She inquired with a smile. “I was afraid he’d win. After I lost, he suddenly said that the raft’s name was Highwind, which was what he wanted to name it. He later said the papou fruit thing was a joke.”

Kairi smiled. “So you really liked me back then?” He nodded. “You know, at first, I liked Riku. But, then, that changed. When Destiny Islands was restored, and I was back on this island, I went to the Secret Place. When I saw what you drew, I had a hard time trying not to cry. I was happy, but I was sad.” Sora looked at her again and found that she had a wistful look in her eyes, as if she were reliving the moment. He took her hand and squeezed it before saying, “I haven’t been in the Secret Place in a really long time. Let’s go see it.” Kairi recovered from blushing when he took her hand, and nodded. On the way there, Sora reached up to a tree and pulled down a papou fruit without saying anything.

Once they reached the entrance, the sun was already shining brightly, lighting up the tunnel. Kairi went first, and Sora followed. Kairi stepped into the room and took a deep breath; she loved the smell that occupied the room. Sora took her hand again after walking into the room, and led her over to where their drawing was. They stared at it silently, both feeling so content that they almost couldn’t stand it. “I think my part of the drawing shows why I almost failed art class.” Sora mentioned, breaking the silence. Kairi laughed and looked at him with deep blue eyes sparkling with bliss. He looked into her eyes and melted inside. Her laughter stopped, but the sparkle in her eyes remained.

“Kai, you and I both know we’ve been separated more than once before, and it’s likely to happen again in the future.” Sora mentioned. “Yea.” “I just want you to know that no matter what happens, we’ll always be together. We’ll always be in each other’s hearts. No matter what, Kai, we’ll always be together. I promise.” He said, looking into her eyes. “Yea.” She smiled, looking right back into his. He squeezed her hand slowly, making her blush. He leaned closer to her and kissed her. When he pulled away a few seconds later, he found her blushing madly. She was so happy she could barely stand it, and he felt just the same.

“So, have you guys kissed yet?” “No, Tidus, we haven’t.” “So you’ve never kissed her?” “Yes, I have, Wakka.” “I thought you said you haven’t kissed! Did you kiss her on the cheek or something?” “Yes, I did, Tidus.”

Riku was stuck with Tidus and Wakka, who wouldn’t stop asking about Anna. Alex just sat there and grinned silently. “What color is her hair?” Wakka asked. “It’s sorta dark blonde, and it’s straight and kinda long.” Tidus answered. “Her eyes?” “Blue.” “Is she tan?” “Not very much. She’s just a little darker than Kairi.” “Is she tall?” “She looked like she was. She’s skinny, too. But not too skinny. It’s a healthy kind of skinny.” “Can she fight?”

Tidus didn’t know the answer to this question. He looked to Riku, who nodded. “How well?” Wakka asked. “Really well.” “She couldn’t beat me, could she?” Tidus asked. “Yea, she could. Easily.” “Well, she wouldn’t be able to beat me, right?” Wakka asked confidently. “Yea, she’s more than able to beat you.” “I don’t believe you.” Wakka said. “Yea! I bet I could beat her!” Tidus added. “Fine. You guys can fight her later. Just don’t come crying to me when you lose.” There was a moment of silence, which Riku enjoyed tremendously. “She sounds really hot!” Wakka suddenly mentioned. “She is!” Tidus agreed. “Uh, Riku?”

All the boys turned around and saw Anna standing at the bottom of the stairs. Tidus and Wakka both stared with wide, nervous eyes. “How long have you been standing there?” Alex asked, since he knew that’s what Tidus and Wakka were thinking. “Um, maybe three seconds?” She answered with a tired voice. She rubbed her eyes and slowly walked into the living room. Riku got up and walked over to her. “How do you feel?” He asked. “My head still hurts. Where are we?” She asked as she slowly looked around. “Kairi’s house.” “Oh, right.” “Come here.” Riku led her over to the empty couch. She sat down, and then he sat down beside her. “You’re Wakka, right?” She asked. “Yep, that’s me. I hear your name is Anna.” “Yea.” “Where’s Sora and Kairi?” She asked, seeing that they weren’t there. “On the other island.” Riku answered.

After a few minutes of silence, Anna fell asleep, leaning against Riku with her head resting on his shoulder. “Why is she so tired? It’s not even late.” Wakka asked. “She’s tired cause she drained most of her energy not to long ago. Then she plunged a few hundred feet into the ocean, which gave her a bad headache. So don’t wake her up. You guys can talk to her later.” He said.

Anna unconsciously snuggled up against Riku, moving her head up against his neck. He had to move his arm, or else it would fall asleep, so he put it around her. “Lucky.” Murmured Wakka and Tidus at the same time. Alex grinned, as did Riku. ‘Yea, I really am lucky.’ He thought to himself as he felt her gentle, shallow breathing, her warm, soft skin, and her silky hair. He didn’t know how he could get any luckier.

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
YAY! YOU'RE BACK!!!

Nice chapter too!
So long I have waited! Lol.
Tidus and Wakka, lol, they're hilarious XD

Princess of KH

yea, i'm back for right now!
glad you liked the chappie, Rauxlen!
I'm glad you found the 2 guys funny - that's what i was aiming for.
I might have the next chappie up by later today...since it's actually pretty early in the morning where i live. 1:34 right now, to be exact. Don't be mad if the chappie doesn't come, though!
Thanx again, guys, for not forgetting this fan fiction. I only have a few readers, but that's enough for me!

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
Princess, you're back!!! I missed you!

Sora and Kairi's kiss was very cute^^ And all the questions about Anna were very funny! There's only one weird thing... In the chapter before this one they said they were going to Sora's house, but they're in Kairi's house in the chapter...

Princess of KH

darn. i thougt i fixed that...sorry! i meant to have them go to Kairi's house. sorry.
i'll try to put up another chappie today...but idk if i'll get the chance, cause i gtg now.
glad you liked the chappie, Lectori! ^_^

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
Don't worry, it was just some detail!

And I suppose you couldn't post a chapter... I don't have time to read a chapter anyway^^ I still come to look for one though, and I will probably curse myself for that later... The night before I have to hand in some report seems fine for getting angry at myself^^ So post a chapter when you can!

Princess of KH

hey guys! i have the next chappie! besides that, i just thought i'd let you guys have some updates on this ff, future ffs, & the artwork. as for this ff, i should have the next chappie up whenever i finish it & find a computer w/ internet acess.
as for future ffs, i MIGHT start another seperate one...but it'd be a Naruto one. idk if we're even supposed to put Naruto ffs & stuff like that on here, but i'll deal w/ that later.
as for artwork, i'm finishing up some of the pics for this ff, so i should post them...by the end of the year, maybe? idk...its december now, so...who knows.

Chapter 80

"Hey, guys. My parents here?” Kairi asked as she walked through the door to her house. “Nope. They left for a meeting, or something like that.” Tidus answered. “Tidus! Wakka!” Sora exclaimed as he burst through the door after Kairi. He missed his friends badly, and it showed. “Hey, man! How’d it go? Whatever you guys were gone so long for – how’d it go?!” Tidus said in answer to Sora. “Great, I guess.” “Where’s Selphie?” Kairi asked. “At home, probably. She doesn’t know you guys are back. Didn’t know if you wanted her to know or not, since you guys have to leave again.” Wakka replied.

“I’m gonna go call her really quick. Be right back.” Kairi said as she walked up the stairs to go to her room. Once she was gone, Tidus, Sora, Riku, and Alex all looked at Sora. “What?” He asked innocently; he really didn’t understand why they were looking at him like they were. “What do you mean, ‘what’? You were just alone on the other island with Kairi, and you wonder why we’re looking at you? It’s even raining, and you still went.” Alex said. “Yea? So?” He wanted to get off the subject. “How’d it go over there?” Wakka asked. “Fine.” “You kiss her?” Tidus questioned. “Can a guy not have ten minutes alone with his girl without being bombarded with questions about it?!” “Apparently, he can’t.” Riku answered with a grin. “Alright, I’m sorry, ok?!” Tidus sighed. “Same here.” Wakka grinned.

“She’s on her way over. Where’s Anna?” Kairi walked down the steps and into the living room. Tidus and Wakka both pointed at Anna, who was still asleep, but looked at Riku with glares. He glared back at them. “Awww! I should take a picture of them!” Kairi smiled. “No, you shouldn’t.” Tidus said quickly, and Wakka shook his head in agreement. Riku almost said no, but Tidus said it for him. “Whatever. It’s so cute, though!” She said as she walked into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. “You guys hungry?”

“Yea.” The boys answered; not simultaneously, but each still said it at one point. “Wanna get a pizza?” “Yea.” They answered again, in the same manner. Kairi picked up the phone in the kitchen and dialed the pizza delivery place’s number. “Yea, I’d like to order…” she did a quick head count of everyone in the room, and then included Selphie in the count before finishing, “one large pepperoni, one large sausage, one large with extra cheese, one large all-meat, and two large regular pizzas.” After a moment, she hung up the phone. “He said it’d be about a thirty minutes until he got here with the pizza.” She told them. She was used to ordering a lot of pizza; each boy ate his own pizza, and Kairi and Selphie normally shared one. She didn’t know how much Anna or Alex would eat, so she ordered two more for them.

“Thirty minutes is a long time.” Wakka told no one in particular. “Deal with it.” Tidus replied as he looked around for the tv remote. Alex tossed it to him, and Tidus started flipping channels. Kairi sat down beside Sora on the couch and took a deep breath. “What do you guys wanna do?” She asked. “We need to have a sleepover, while we’re here! We haven’t done that in a long time.” She answered her own question. “I hate it when you call it a ‘sleepover’. Only girls go to sleepovers.” Sora mentioned. “What do you want to call it, then?” She asked. “Um…I don’t know.” He answered. “I’ll call my parents later and tell them that I’ll be here tonight.” Tidus said. “Same here.” Wakka added.

“Hey, she’s waking up.” Alex said, referring to Anna. Riku already knew she was waking up; he could feel her starting to stretch. She slowly opened her eyes and rubbed them. “Feel better now?” Riku asked her. She nodded. She suddenly realized she could hear a heartbeat, Riku’s heartbeat, and then realized that she was leaning up against him. She sat up and grinned sheepishly. “You have no idea how cute you looked when you were asleep. I almost to a picture of you and Riku.” Kairi smiled. Anna smiled a little as she stretched her arms. She twisted her back, and everyone heard cracking noises. She twisted it the other way, and it cracked some more. She then popped her neck, her fingers, and then her ankles. “Oh my gosh.” Tidus stared at her awkwardly; he couldn’t pop a bone in his body, and he had never heard anyone pop any joints as loud as she just did. “Oh, sorry. Didn’t mean for it to be that loud.” She said when she saw his face. “Nah, it’s okay.” He replied, breaking his stare.

An hour later, they were all eating pizza, sitting outside on the deck. It looked out onto the beach, and Kairi insisted they eat out there. “I’m bored.” Wakka yawned. “Then think of something to do.” Tidus told him. “We could play volleyball. Oh, wait; we don’t have a volleyball. Mine popped last year.” Kairi sighed. “We could play a different game.” Selphie suggested. She had arrived just before the pizza guy had. “Sure. You wanna play spin the bottle?” Alex smirked at Tidus and Wakka. “Shut up,” they both muttered, making sure to not look in Anna’s direction.

“When are you guys leaving again?” Selphie suddenly asked Sora. “Uh, tomorrow, actually.” He answered sheepishly. He felt bad about leaving his friends there on Destiny Islands for so long. “We should be back soon, though, right guys?” He added. Riku, Kairi, Anna, and Alex nodded. “Good! We’ve missed you all so much! And I can’t wait to get to know you better.” Selphie smiled at Anna, who smiled back. “So, where are you from, Anna?” Wakka asked curiously. Anna looked at Riku, hoping he would supply her with an okay answer. He just smiled. “I’m from…” She kept looking at him, begging for an answer; she didn’t think it was okay for Wakka, Tidus, and Selphie to know about other worlds. Riku just smiled reassuringly at her, and somehow, the message that she could tell the truth was conveyed with a simple look.

“…Earth.” She finished. Sora and Kairi smiled. “We have a confession to make, guys.” Sora started. “There are other worlds out there besides ours.” Kairi explained. “Earth is one of them, but it’s way far away, and it’s almost impossible to get there. All the other worlds can be reached by a gummi ship.” Anna added. “I’m from Earth, too.” Alex mentioned. “We’ve been going to all these worlds, fighting off ‘evil’ since we last left. Me ad Riku were doing that when we first left, too, but Kairi was captured by a crazy evil lady, so she couldn’t fight then. She can fight now, though, and we all fight pretty much on a day-to-day basis now.” Sora spilled. Riku gave him a thankful look, relieved that Sora decided not to share about Riku’s evil streak.

“What the heck?!” Was all Wakka could spit out. Selphie stared blankly, and Tidus looked betrayed. “You didn’t want to know where we’ve been all this time or why we left?” Sora asked Tidus, noticing his expression. “Why…why are you telling us this now? Why have you kept it from us all this time? For around two years…you never let us know what was actually going on.” Tidus’s words leaked out quietly and flatly. “We weren’t actually supposed to tell anyone…but I’m tired of having to hide the truth from my friends.” Sora said. Tidus couldn’t say anything. He just stood up and walked inside. “Tidus, don’t…Tidus…” Selphie started to go after him, but Anna stopped her. “Maybe one of you should talk to him.” Anna looked at Riku and Sora. “He’ll take you more seriously, Riku.” Sora stated. Riku stood up and looked at Wakka and Selphie. “You understand why we haven’t told you before about any of this, right?” They nodded. He then walked inside the house.

Riku found Tidus staring out a window on the other side of the house. “Are you mad?” Riku asked. “I don’t think that’s the right word for it.” Tidus answered. “We didn’t want to keep this from you.” “But why did you? Friends don’t lie to each other about things this big! Are we friends, or is that a big lie, too?!” Tidus fumed. “Yes, Tidus, we’re friends! But I never lied to you! None of us did! You think we’d lie about something like this?! You know I wouldn’t!” Riku felt betrayed that Tidus might expect lies from Riku. Tidus didn’t know about his streak with evil; he shouldn’t think Riku would have any reason to lie. “Do I? Why should I even trust you anymore?! You guys think you can just leave and not give us an explanation as to why you were gone for almost a year?! How are we supposed to know if you guys died out there or something, or if you were ever going to come back?! I’ve thought you guys were dead before – when you first left! You were gone for a year and none of us back here knew what happened to you! How do you think it feels to not know if one of your friends is dead or not, and you can’t do anything about it?!” Tidus seethed. Riku stared at him blankly. He suddenly understood why Tidus was so mad.

“I do know what that’s like, Tidus. I’ve been through a lot while I was gone, ya know that? you know what it’s like to be away from your friends, family, and your home for a year without knowing if you’ll ever get to see them again? Do you know what it’s like to see someone you love on the verge of death, and not be able to help them? Do you know what it’s like to be so lost that you don’t know what’s right and wrong anymore? Or to be so far gone that you can’t distinguish between your friends and your enemies? Do you know how hard it’s been not to tell you what we’ve been through to keep all of the worlds, including this one, safe? Do you think it’s easy for us to just leave you guys here?” Riku’s words flowed out until he realized how hard his past few years had been.

Tidus’s expression was shocked. He had never thought about any of that. “Whatever.” He muttered as he stormed out the front door and let it slam behind him. Riku stood silently. This was one thing he didn’t know how to fix.

Rauxlen

Awards
Aw... poor Tidus D:
And Riku sure knows how to "preach a sermon," or "teach a lecture," or whatever it's called XD
Great chapter :D

as for future ffs, i MIGHT start another seperate one...but it'd be a Naruto one. idk if we're even supposed to put Naruto ffs & stuff like that on here, but i'll deal w/ that later.

OMG EXCITEMENT!!!
I love Naruto :D
And I think you're allowed to post them here... I've seen Naruto RP's and stuff so... yeah.

Princess of KH

man...now i want pizza after you comment, Lectori! & i jsut ate an hour ago...sheesh i eat ALL THE TIME! lol
guys...i don't have a new chappie for you rght now...but i might later tonight. idk - we'll see. i'll see waht i can do, k?
& as for the Naruto ff, i'll start uploading it when i get he time to, or...hmmm...i MIGHT put up a little preview for it & see what you guys think\. idk about that, either.
glad you guys liked my newest chappie! ^_^

Rauxlen

Awards
This chapter made me hungry, I want pizza too^^ Nice chapter!

I feel left out. I'm not hungry at all right now XD

guys...i don't have a new chappie for you rght now...but i might later tonight. idk - we'll see. i'll see waht i can do, k?
& as for the Naruto ff, i'll start uploading it when i get he time to, or...hmmm...i MIGHT put up a little preview for it & see what you guys think\. idk about that, either.
glad you guys liked my newest chappie! ^_^

Yay! New chappie soon!

And yay (again)! Naruto ff/preview!

EXCITEMENT!

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
^^

Don't want pizza anymore... Because I have CHOCOLADE PEPERNOTEN!!! But you wouldn't know what that is, because it's really Dutch and there's no English word for it. But it's really yummy^^ And I'm still waiting for the next chapter! That's all^^

Princess of KH

chocolate is good...lol
i'll have the next chappie up most likely the next time i'm on here, so don't worry!
& the Naruto ff preview...*drumroll* WILL be posted up here soon! there's only one problem...idk what the title should be yet! i'll think of one soon, though, so no worries.
thanx for being patient w/ me & my slack of posting chappies! i appreciate it immensly(sp?)!

Princess of KH

um...first off - i'm sorry! i feel horrible! i'll have internet access for a long time, but i left my usb (has the next chappie on it) at home! :(
but, merry Christmas! i'll give you guys a Christmas present soon...here's what it'll be: a new chappie, the Naruto ff preview, & a character pic of one of my OCs from this ff! i won't tell you who the character is, though!

i was thinking about this recently, & i thought it'd be kinda cool to have a sort of "theme song", so i was listening to my music & i found one that i like & i think goes w/ this ff well. It's "The Adventure" by Angels & Airwaves / Blink 182, whichever one they're called now. idk. the song has this sort of feeling...idk i'm really into music, so maybe it's just me. but that's the official song of Destiny's Fate now! just thought i'd put that in here.

Last edited:

Rauxlen

Awards
um...first off - i'm sorry! i feel horrible! i'll have internet access for a long time, but i left my usb (has the next chappie on it) at home! :(
but, merry Christmas! i'll give you guys a Christmas present soon...here's what it'll be: a new chappie, the Naruto ff preview, & a character pic of one of my OCs from this ff! i won't tell you who the character is, though!

i was thinking about this recently, & i thought it'd be kinda cool to have a sort of "theme song", so i was listening to my music & i found one that i like & i think goes w/ this ff well. It's "The Adventure" by Angels & Airwaves / Blink 182, whichever one they're called now. idk. the song has this sort of feeling...idk i'm really into music, so maybe it's just me. but that's the official song of Destiny's Fate now! just thought i'd put that in here.

Aw, that's not good.
But thanks for the future Christmas present!

And yay! Theme song :D
I'll go look it up!

Princess of KH

i just think that song fits this ff...personally, it makes me excited to be alive. yea. here's the long awaited chappie! enjoy!

Chapter 81
“Riku, what’s – where’s Tidus?” Anna was apparently behind Riku now. He never heard her come in. “I’m sorry; I didn’t want to interrupt or anything, but they’re all really upset out there, and –” “It’s okay, Anna.” He said quietly, cutting her off purposely. “He’s gone, and he won’t be back for a while.” Riku still stared at the window where he had just moments ago watched Tidus walk away down the street. Anna was silent. Riku suddenly felt her presence beside him; he glanced over to find her staring out the window as he had just been. “For once…I…I don’t know…what to do.”

Anna looked at him sympathetically. His eyes seemed to receive the look with comfort. She knew this was very hard on him, and it was even hard on her. “You’ve never dealt with anything like this, have you?” She asked. “No.” He whispered. His voice suddenly took on a mind of its own; he didn’t mean to whisper but that’s all his voice allowed him. “I haven’t, either. But we’ll figure this out. Don’t worry.” Her voice was quiet, almost matching his whisper. “In the end, everything will be all right.” He finished the phrase he had heard from her so very many times. “Exactly.” She smiled.

He should have known she’d smile, but he didn’t see it coming. “Let’s go back out there. They’re waiting on us.” Riku turned towards the direction Anna came from, but he didn’t walk forward. “Hey, are you sure you’re okay?” She asked softly. “Yea.” His voice only allowed him a whisper again. He started walking back outside, with Anna right behind him. She seemed confident of the ordeal, while Riku was definitely not.

“Where’s Tidus? Is he all right?” Selphie asked the moment they walked out. “He’s gone. Just give him some time; he needs to think some stuff through.” Anna answered. Riku was glad she had a good answer, because he didn’t. Everyone was silent for the next few minutes. All the pizza was eaten; all but Tidus’s, which was still on his plate. It remained untouched, although Sora and Wakka both would’ve taken it were it not for the fact that the issue with Tidus had just started. “When are you guys leaving?” Selphie asked, breaking the awkward silence. “Tomorrow, unfortunately.” Kiari answered. Selphie frowned. “Why so soon?” “We aren’t finished with all the worlds. We only have two left, but they might take a while.” Sora replied. “Oh.” That was all that Selphie said.

“So you and Riku are dating?!” Selphie squealed. “That’s not what I said, Selphie!” Kiari quickly said. “But you two are at least together?!” Selphie squealed. “Uh…” Anna was afraid to finish, but seeing that Selphie was holding her breath while waiting for an answer, she finished. “I guess you could say that, maybe.” Selphie shrieked happily. “Sheesh, calm down, Selphie! Anna, this is why I tried to not let her eat all that candy.” Kiari explained. “I see…” Anna muttered. Despite Selphie’s being hyper, Anna still liked her. “I can’t believe Riku found a girl! I mean, Riku, of all people! He actually, really, really, likes you! This is big enough to put in a history book!” “Uh, no it’s not.” Kiari said. “You’re one of the luckiest girls, Anna! But, he’s lucky himself, to have you. You’re such a great person! I can’t wait till you come back and live here!” Selphie smiled at the thought.

The three girls were still at Kiari’s house. The boys had all gone to Sora’s house to stay the night there. It was almost midnight, and Selphie had previously indulged in all the candy Kiari had in her house; the effects were now showing in Selphie’s hyper behavior. “Hey! Let’s prank call someone!” She suggested excitedly. “No, Selphie, you’ll laugh hysterically as soon as they answer the phone. You always do.” Kiari refuted. “Do not!” “Selphie, put the phone down before you embarrass yourself.” “Make me!” Selphie taunted with a smile, then ran upstairs. “Selphie! Anna, I’ll be right back.” Kiari bolted up the stairs after her.

Anna head a ringing noise. After a second or two, she realized it was Kiari’s cell phone. She picked it up and answered it, knowing Kiari would want her to. “Hello?” “Anna?” “Hey, Sora. Do you want to talk to Kiari?” “No, it’s okay. We just wanted to know if any of you have seen Tidus any.” “No, not since he left. Why?” “We can’t find him.” Sora sounded worried. Anna developed the feeling, also. “You guys checked everywhere?” “Yea, but no one’s seen him. Not even his parents.” “Do you think he’s okay?” Sora didn’t answer at first. “Well, with everything that’s been going on for most of this year…” Anna knew the answer before he finished “…he could be in trouble.” “We’ll meet you guys over at your house, okay? Be there in a little bit.” Anna shut the phone and called for Selphie and Kiari to come down. “What is it?” Kiari asked, hearing Anna’s distressed voice. “Tidus is missing.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Do you think he went to one of the other outside islands? No one really goes to those, maybe he wanted to be alone.” “No, Wakka, he would’ve been back by now. He knows how bad the ocean can get at night out there. He’s not stupid.” Riku replied. “I know this is bad timing, but I’m starving. Be right back.” “Hey, don’t get a ton of food out; the girls are coming over in a minute.” “Uh, Riku, my parents are gonna kill me if they find out you invited girls to come over at midnight! That’s bad!” Sora exclaimed. “Ooh, Sora, you’re gonna get in trouble!” Wakka chanted. “Wakka! Stop it!” Sora said as he stomped into the kitchen. Riku moaned and shook his head. “Guys, they’re coming over so we can figure out what to do about Tidus!” “Oh. I won’t get in trouble for that. Whew!” Sora said as he grabbed a box of cookies.

“Hey Sora, toss me some cookies!” “Get your own, Wakka!” “But you’ve got the whole box!” Sora frowned. “Get something else.” “But I want some cookies!” “Fine!” Sora stomped into the living room and threw two cookies at Wakka. “Hey! What was that for?!” Wakka exclaimed. “You said you wanted cookies, and there they are.” “I didn’t want you to throw them in my face!” Wakka threw the cookies back at Sora. “Then you should’ve said that!” “Guys, is this really necessary?” Riku asked calmly. “YES, IT IS!” Wakka practically shouted. “Okay then…don’t involve me.” Riku knew that it was best just to let the two talk it out.

“Just give me a stupid cookie!” “Why do you want a cookie so bad?! And why would you want stupid cookies?! They’re mine!” Sora yelled. “Oh yea?! What if I take them?!” “I’d like to see you try!”

“Do you hear that?” Kiari asked. It sounded like people were yelling. They were a few steps away from the door to Sora’s house. “Yea. I could hear it from the street, actually. It’s from inside the house.” Anna said as she reached for the doorknob. She opened the door and something coming from inside immediately hit her in the head. She looked down to see a cookie on the ground. She then looked up and stared with wide eyes at the scene. “What the heck are you two doing?!” She exclaimed.

Sora and Wakka stopped and looked at her. They were both armed with a dozen or so cookies, and were definitely in a food fight with the chocolate chip cookies. As they straightened up and lowered their arms that were stopped in the process of throwing, cookie crumbs fell from their clothes and hair. “Riku, did you go blind?! Look what they did!” Anna said as she walked into the house. Kiari and Selphie followed, both shocked at what had apparently taken place.

“It’s better to let them fight it out, trust me.” He whispered to her after he stood up and walked to her. “If you say so.” She breathed. “Go clean yourselves up. And drop the cookies!” Kiari ordered. The cookies dropped to the floor, and the two boys trudged towards the bathroom. “What was that all about?” Selphie asked once they were gone. “Cookies.” Riku said simply.

“So, what are we going to do about Tidus?” Anna asked Riku. “I’m not sure. We should check the outside islands before we go to any other worlds, though.” He answered. “Okay then. Sora! Wakka! Hurry up and get ready to go!” Anna yelled. Muffled responses consisting of “But why?” and “Do I have to?” came from the bathroom. “Because I said so! And yes you have to!” She said as she briskly walked down the hallway to where their voices came from. When she found the bathroom, she also found Sora and Wakka, both shirtless. “We’re going to the outside islands to search for Tidus. So get out here, now.” She ordered, unfazed by their lack of shirts.

They followed her back out to the living room and then followed Riku, Selphie, Kiari, and Anna out the door. When they were halfway down the street, Anna turned around to ask them about the incident earlier, but she stopped. “Where are your shirts?!” She asked. “Oh. Oops.” Sora laughed a little out of embarrassment and rubbed the back of his head. Wakka did the same. “Go put a shirt on.” Riku told them. They nodded and ran back to Sora’s house. “Geniuses.” Selphie muttered. “Let’s go. They can catch up.” Riku said as he started walking again.

A few minutes later, Wakka and Sora caught up to them, this time wearing shirts. After talking a little, they all grew silent. That is, until Anna broke the silence. “Do you hear that?” She asked them quietly. “No, what is it?” Riku immediately asked. He knew she could hear better than any of them could, and knew that something was out there, making the noise she heard. “It sounds like someone’s coming our way. And they’re walking fast.” She mused. Riku tensed up. Whenever Anna had said something like this before, it had never turned out to be someone friendly.

“There.” Anna whispered as she turned around and faced the ocean. No one was there, though. “Anna…are you okay?” Sora asked. “I, don’t know. My head…wait….who…” She stammered as her eyelids flickered, as if she were sleepy. “Anna, what’s wrong?” Riku asked as he turned her towards him. “I don’t…know…” Her eyes closed and she fell, but Riku quickly put his arms out and caught her. “She’s unconscious?” Wakka asked, worried for her. “A dream, no doubt.” Riku told himself out loud. He picked her all the way up and walked over towards the beach. Everyone followed him.

“Was she right? Is someone out there?” Selphie asked with a tiny voice. “There probably is.” Riku answered. “There he is.” Sora said. He was looking farther down the shore at a man approaching them. “Is that?...” Kiari started. “Yea, that’s Shadow.” Sora replied. “Then why does he have his staff out?” She asked, sounding unsure. “I don’t know.” “Stay on guard, Sora. I don’t trust him.” “Me neither, Riku.” They watched as a purple, glowing orb formed on the end of his spear. “I can’t believe this.” Kiari murmured. “Not good. Not. Good. Riku, we have to do something.” Sora said quietly. Riku got an idea in his head and decided to go with it. “I’ll take Anna, Wakka, and Selphie. You and Kiari stay and fight him until I get back.”

“You ready?” Sora asked Kiari. “I’m not sure.” She definitely sounded unsure. “You’ll be fine. I’m right here.” He smiled at her. But when he looked back at Shadow, his smile faded. “Riku.” He said without looking away from Shadow’s direction. “What?” “Behind him, there’s…dang it!” “What, Sora?!” “There’s someone with him, and whoever it is, they’re ready to kill us, too.”

Rauxlen

Awards
Ah! Oh no! Suspense!
Gah, major cliffy D:
I want to know what happens!
Amazing chapter! Thank you!
Kairi's name had the letters switched, though.

Princess of KH

sorry about the "Kairi" thing...i apparently was confused, but oh well! :p
glad you liked the food fight, Lectori! (it was actually based on a real food fight me & my friends got into lol)
i don't have a new chappie, but i do have...*drumroll* the Naruto ff preview! *clapping* i put the link to it below - check it out soon, please! I know it's a little short, but it looked longer when i first wrote it!
the artwork is in progress, so just keep waiting for it like you guys have been & it'll come!

Here's the link:
http://forums.khinsider.com/creativ...cy-naruto-fanfiction-preview.html#post3590472

i'll try to have the next chappie up soon - i've been pretty short on free time lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back