• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Destiny's Fate -

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
Wow, you got that chappie up fast!
AND NOW YOU PUT UP A CLIFFY!!!
Wow...
Aaaanyways... great chappie! (I wish I had something else to say...)

Haku

<3
And the cliffhangers continue once again which is a excellent thing to get excited for the next update well done. I'm guessing the next update is going to be up by the end of the day xD.

Princess of KH

Are you guessing, or are you wishing? lol You were right, though. I wasn't going to, but since you guys are eager to read it, i'll go ahead & put it up. Hope you like it!

Chapter 75

Riku decided he was tired of waiting for their new opponent to get closer to them. Without warning, he took off running towards the boy with the staff. Anna started to run after him, but she was too hesitant to go any further. She watched as Riku whipped out his keyblade right before he clashed with the other boy. She was amazed at how good the boy was at fighting; he fought like it was as easy as breathing. Again, she tried to run towards them, but this time she was stopped by Riku. “Stay out of this one!” He yelled before she got any closer. Anna wanted to ask why, but she knew it was annoying to carry on a conversation while fighting, and she knew that Riku had always had a good reason if he told her to stay out of a fight. She also knew that if she joined the fight, she’d either accidentally hit Riku or get in the way; this was one of those fights that were only meant for two, not for three.

She stood still, but she kept her keyblade out. Think. You might know this guy. He could be one of the good guys. But why would he fight other good guys if he’s a good guy? He could be mistaken. He could think that we’re the bad guys. But it’s almost completely obvious we’re not. Maybe someone lied about us; told him we were the bad ones. Ugh, think. He looks familiar. Maybe he went to my school…or maybe he lives near my house. He looks like he’s…seventeen, maybe? He looks like…wait…

“Riku! I think I know him!” Anna shouted. She waited for a response. Riku pushed the boy back with his keyblade long enough to look at Anna. “Then tell him to back off!” He shouted back. “He might not remember me!” She yelled. The boy looked over at Anna; he didn’t recognize her. He went back to fighting Riku. Riku didn’t understand why this guy was so bent on killing him, but he could tell this guy was going to kill him if it took all he had. Riku could tell by the way he fought.

Anna ran closer to them to get a closer look at the boy. He had dark brown hair that hung down around his eyes, and she thought he had brown eyes. She couldn’t really tell what color his eyes were, since he was moving around, but she thought she saw glints of brown in his eyes. The boy glanced at Anna again. He shoved Riku to the ground in an effort to get enough time to take a good look at her. He looked over at her, but as soon as he did, Riku kicked the boy’s legs out from underneath him, and he too fell the ground. Both of them scrambled off the ground as fast as they could, but they didn’t go at each other. They both looked at Anna.

“Anna?” The boy finally seemed to recognize her. He kept an eye on Riku, making sure he wasn’t going to attack. “Yea…do you know me?” She asked. He nodded. “You remember me, right? I’m Alex. We go to the same school. My cousin knows you, too. He’s Dane.” He said. Anna took on a sad look. “Have you seen him lately? I haven’t seen him in about half a year.” Alex asked. Anna nodded. “I saw him a few days ago. But, he…he’s dead. Someone killed him.”

Alex staggered back some. “What? Dead? Who killed him?” He asked. “I don’t know. I never saw him. I’m so sorry about Dane.” She maintained her composure and told herself there was no reason to cry right now. “It’s not your fault; you don’t need to be sorry for it.” He said. “How do you remember me? Or Dane? No one else remembers us.” Alex paused before answering. “You two aren’t the only ones who’ve been to the other worlds.” “What?” Anna thought that her and Dane were the only ones. “I’ve left Earth, too. I went to the other worlds not too long ago, in search of Dane. A girl named Namine showed up one day, and told me that Dane had gone missing. I didn’t remember Dane at all, but she was able to restore most of my memories about him and you. She never mentioned you, though.” He explained. “Are there others who’ve left Earth?” Anna asked. “No, I don’t think so.” He replied.

“Now that you two got all that sorted out, I want to know why you were trying to kill me.” Riku glared at Alex. “I thought you were the one who was after the bearers of Dusk and Dawn. You look exactly like him. At least, you look like the description I got of him.” He answered, still unsure about Riku. “Who gave you the description?” Anna asked. “A guy with short black hair, he looks like he’s around 20 years old, wears a black cloak. His name was Shadow.”

Riku and Anna exchanged glances. “Are you sure?” Riku asked. “Positive. Unless he lied about his name.” Alex looked at Anna, and then at Riku. He saw that Anna looked worried, but Riku looked expressionless. “He lied about the description, but I don’t think he lied about his name.” Anna said quietly. “Why? You know him?” Anna nodded at Alex. “We’ve had some issues with him in the past.” Riku mentioned.

“Like what?” Alex asked. “Well, his apprentice assassin tried to kill Riku, then Shadow himself tried to kill both of us, then he helped us so he could keep his sister safe, and then he left. And now I guess he’s evil again. Great.” Anna shuddered at the thought of having another spike go through her body. She didn't enjoy it the first time, and she didn't want to have to go through it again.

“So what are the bearers of dusk and dawn? And who are they?” Riku asked. “They are the two people who have the weapons called Dusk and Dawn. Dusk and dawn are two spear-like staffs that have certain powers concerning light and darkness. Dusk is obviously the dark one, and Dawn is the light one. The staff chooses its owner, in a way. I have Dusk. It just showed up in my hands one day when I ran into some heartless and I had to fight.” He held out his spear for the to see. “I haven’t found who has Dawn yet. I’ve been looking for them for a long time now. You know who has it?”

Anna nodded slowly and held out her hand. The staff, apparently called Dawn, appeared in her hand. “I do.” She murmured. Alex looked a little surprised, but not too much. He took it from her hand slowly and compared it to his. The only difference was that hers was white, while his was black. “That’s it all right.” He said as he handed it back to her.

“I’m sorry about just attacking you like I did.” Alex said, now facing Riku. “Don’t worry about it. You had a good enough reason to.” Riku replied. “Where’s Sora?” Anna suddenly asked. Riku shrugged. “They should be back by now.” He said as he looked around. “Sora’s with you? He’s the keyblade bearer, right?” Alex asked. Anna nodded. “Should we go look for him? Oh, wait – I think that’s him over there.” She pointed farther off to a boy with brown, spiky hair. “Unless he has a twin, that’s him.” Riku said as he started walking in Sora’s direction. The other two followed.

“Where are the girls?” Riku asked Sora once he was close enough. “There. Getting ice cream.” He pointed to a small building that said “Dairy Queen” on it. “No fair!” Anna said as she walked towards the entrance. “Anna, I don’t think we have time -” Anna turned around and put a finger over her mouth, signaling for Riku to stop talking. “Saving the world can wait for ten minutes. I want some ice cream.” She smiled as she turned around and walked through the door. Riku turned to Sora and glared at him. “I’m blaming this delay entirely on you.” He said. “It’s not my fault! As soon as they saw the 'Dairy Queen' sign, Bethany and Emily said we had to have some ice cream from Earth. I stayed out here in case you showed up.” He explained. “Sure.” Riku said, all though he was joking. He walked through the door, and the other two followed.

“So, what are we supposed to do today?” Emily asked as she got another spoonful of ice cream from her cup. They were all sitting at a table in a corner in back of the restaurant. All the girls had ice cream, but the only boy with ice cream was Sora. “Um, I don’t know.” Sora answered. Riku rolled his eyes when he saw Sora poking at his ice cream with his plastic red spoon. “Just eat it!” Anna said as she reached over and shoved his spoon into his ice cream. “I don’t even know what’s in it!” He exclaimed. “Sora, it’s food. You never care what’s in your food, as long as it tastes good. Just eat it already!” Kairi said. “Fine!” He said as he shoved a spoonful of his ice cream in his mouth. His eyes went wide and he looked down at his ice cream cup. “What’s in this?!”

“I don’t know; what kind of blizzard did you get?” Anna asked. “Blizzard? What?” Anna sighed and smiled. “You ordered it! You should know! It’s a blizzard – a blizzard is where they take ice cream and blend other stuff in it. What’s it taste like?” Sora thought for a while about it. “I don’t really know. But it’s good.” Anna rolled her eyes and grabbed his ice cream cup. She looked at it for a moment, and then took a small scoop out of it with her spoon. “Hey! Stop eating my food! Eat your own food!” Sora jerked his cup out of her hands and set it in front of him. Anna grinned. “It’s a Reese’s Peanutbutter Cup blizzard. It has Reese’s in it. That’s peanut butter inside chocolate – a Reese’s.” She explained.

“Oh. Okay.” Sora finally started eating his food. Riku rubbed his forehead. “You still amaze me with your behavior, Sora. After all these years, you still act the same.” Riku grinned. Sora just smiled and put some more ice cream in his mouth. “We need to figure out who’s in control of the heartless now. Same with the nobodies. And we need to figure out what Shadow’s up to.” Anna said, starting a new conversation. “Shadow? What?” Kairi looked curious. “He’s evil again.” Riku sighed. “Seriously?!” Kairi looked stunned. “Serious as ever.” He said. “Just what we need. Another dilemma.” She sighed.

“How are we supposed to figure all this out before Earth gets blown up?!” Sora groaned. “The planet’s not going to blow, Sora.” Bethany said. “Whatever. It could, ya know. Heartless and all – something like that could happen.” He sounded pretty serious. “Thanks for that comforting piece of opinion, Sora.” Anna smiled and rolled her eyes. “Anytime.” He smiled back. “But seriously, how are we supposed to figure out who’s controlling the heartless and nobodies? That could take a long time.” Kairi stated. “I might know who it is.” Alexsuddenly mentioned. Everyone turned to him. “Really?” Anna asked. He nodded. “He lives on War’s Haven. I’ve seen him around heartless and nobodies a lot, and they weren’t fighting him or each other.”

“So this guy could be in control of heartless and nobodies?! Could this get any worse?!” Sora groaned. “Is it that bad that he controls both groups?” Emily asked. Sora, Anna, Riku, Kairi, and Alex all nodded. “Oh.” She murmured. “Why is he putting them on Earth, though? Earth isn’t any threat to him.” Anna said. “He’s probably bent on world domination, like all the major bad guys are.” Bethany joked. “That’s pretty likely.” Kairi mentioned. “I wasn’t serious.” Bethany said. “I am. I mean, what other reasons would he put heartless and nobodies on Earth for? Earth’s not attached to the other worlds in any way. You can’t even get here unless you use a portal.” She explained.

“Guys, we should go now.” Anna said, looking out the window. “Why?” Emily asked. “Nobodies outside…and I think there’s some heartless coming.” She stood up and watched the heartless run towards the nobodies. Everyone – except Bethany and Emily, who didn’t have a clue – thought that the heartless and nobodies would kill each other off. But they all were shocked when the two large groups joined together, without any fighting. They made a small army mixed of heartless and nobodies. “This is bad.” Sora said under his breath. Anna ran out the door, followed by Riku, Alex, Emily, and Bethany. Kairi and Sora ran out after them. “Sora, throw the ice cream away! We have to go fight!” Kairi said as she saw he was still carrying his ice cream cup and spoon. “But I’m not done! And it’s really good!” He held onto his cup. “Now, Sora!” She ordered. “Fine.” He tossed the cup into a trash bin, licked his spoon clean, and threw it in, too. Kairi couldn’t help but smile. But her smile quickly faded when she saw what was waiting for them.

A black and white army was farther off, soon to join the smaller army of heatless and nobodies. “That’s a lot of heartless and nobodies.” Emily said. “Yea, it is.” Bethany added. “And that makes everything much, much better.” Anna said sarcastically as she pointed to a tall heartless and a tall nobody walking behind the new army. “Those are just as big as the last one.” Anna told Riku, although he already could tell. “The heartless are the same type, too.” He said. “Was it hard to kill?” Sora asked him. “Harder than I would have liked it to be.” Riku answered. He whipped out his keyblade and charged at the army. Sora followed, along with Kairi, Anna, Emily, Bethany, and Alex. None of them knew how long this was going to take, but they all knew that it wasn’t going to be easy.

Last edited:

Rauxlen

Awards
“Saving the world can wait for ten minutes. I want some ice cream.”
Lol, that's sooo what I would say :p

“How are we supposed to figure all this out before Earth gets blown up?!”
When he said that, I was like, "Whaaaaat?"
Then I saw that Earth wasn't going to get blown up. I thought I had missed a chapter!

Lol!
Anyways, thank you for the chappie! It was so cool (and funny, I was laughing a lot)!

Rauxlen

Awards
You deserve compliments on a great fanfic :)

Btw, it's my birthday tomorrow :)

Princess of KH

ok, here's your bday present, KH_Fanatic! :) Hope you guys like the new chappie!

Chapter 76

“Where do you think he is? We need to find him soon.” Melanie said. “We’ll find him, don’t worry.” Axel answered. “Axel, if someone doesn’t stop him, he’s…he’s going to get worse. Who knows what he’ll do then.” She looked out the window and took a deep breath. “I know.” He said.

Axel and Melanie were back in Traverse Town, standing in Melanie’s old bedroom. They had been looking for Shadow for the past few days, but had come up with nothing. They’d been to half of the worlds, but still had seen no sign of him. “Do you think he’s messed with our memories?” She asked. “I don’t know.” Axel replied. She turned around and looked at Axel with tear filled eyes. He held his hand and motioned for her to come closer. She took a few steps and he held his arms out to her. She let him wrap his arms around her as tears started to fall from her eyes. She rested her head against him and closed her eyes. “It’s going to be okay, Melanie. I promise.” He whispered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“How many more are there?!” Sora yelled. He slashed some heartless in half, and then blasted a few nobodies with magic. “I don’t know!” Riku yelled back, being closest to him. They’d been fighting for half an hour, and the black and white army of heartless and nobodies was still there. No fight against nobodies or heartless had ever taken this long. “Where’s Kairi?” Sora asked; she wasn’t anywhere in his sight. “Over there with Anna.” Riku answered, motioning to his left. Sora looked quickly and saw Kairi’s keyblade swinging around, with heartless and nobodies flying up from the impact. He smiled; teaching her how to fight had paid off. “We should get rid of the big ones before they damage much more.” Riku shouted over his shoulder. Sora looked up at the three giants slowly making their way towards them. They towered so high that Sora had to look almost straight up to see their heads.

“I’ll take the heartless to the left, and you take the one beside it.” Sora said. Riku nodded and started slashing through the nobodies and heartless to make a path to the giant heartless. “What about the nobody?” Sora asked, after realizing it would attack them if it weren’t occupied. “Anna can take care of it.” Riku said. Sora nodded and kept running. Riku kept running, also, but focused on growing his wings. He felt a small surge run through his body, and then he felt something on his back – his wings. He took a running leap into the air, spread his wings, and flew back towards where Anna was.

When he got close enough to her, he dropped to the ground. “Can you take care of that nobody?” He asked, pointing at the white giant behind the army. “Yea.” She said, looking it over. “Kairi! Alex! Watch Emily and Bethany!” She shouted as she looked back at them. They nodded and ran closer to Bethany and Emily, who were surprisingly fighting pretty well against the army. Anna ran after Riku, who waited for her to grow her wings before taking off. She jumped into the air after him, spread her wings, and flew towards her new target. She analyzed it as she neared it. It was similar to the two giant heartless – long limbs, big hands, and long fingers. She decided that besides the head, the best place to aim attacks was its chest.

She flew about thirty feet above the nobody, and then dove straight down towards it. She thrust her keyblade into its head, causing the nobody to swing its arms at her violently. She dodged the first few swings, but it got difficult when the nobody tried to grab her with every swing. She tried to fly away from it, but flew straight into a large, white arm. She tried again in the opposite direction, but got the same result as the last attempt. She looked around her. It seemed as though the nobody had multiple arms now, unless it was just moving extremely fast. She tried shooting light at least one arm, but she couldn’t tell if it was doing any damage or not.

She finally opened a portal and flew in. She came out in front of the nobody. This time, she went to attack its torso. She avoided the swinging arms coming at her and managed to get close enough to give the nobody some blows with her keyblade. She saw shadows growing on across its chest; it was going to try to grab her with all six of its hands. At least, she thought she had counted six.

She waited a few seconds and then flew up quickly. She got above its head, and then watched it pound its chest accidentally with all its strength. She almost laughed as it stumbled backwards. She then suddenly darted backwards about twenty feet. The nobody was starting to fall on its back, and she saw all of its arms start to reach for the ground behind it to keep itself from falling. She waited until its hands were close to the ground, then charged at its head. She thrust her keyblade deeply into its chest; the only part sticking out was the handle. She then put a large amount of light into the keyblade. She let go of the handle and flew back quickly.

“Why is she flying away?! She hasn’t killed it yet!” Sora yelled to Riku. Sora pointed at Anna, who was now stopping and turning back around to face the nobody. “She knows what she’s doing!” Riku yelled back. He had just killed his heartless, and Sora was just about to give the final blow to his. Sora quickly finished the heartless off and watched the nobody Anna was supposed to kill. It was pushing itself up and away from the ground. Sora spotted a glowing speck in the center of its chest. It was getting brighter and brighter by the second. It suddenly let out a large burst of light, making it hard to see anything for a second. Sora squinted and saw what he thought was the nobody blowing up. One the light was gone, he watched as pieces of the nobody rained down everywhere.

Riku dropped down beside Sora and folded his wings in. “She just blew up that nobody. She’s officially awesome!” Sora saw Anna slowly descending to the ground. “That was awesome!” He shouted to her. She turned around and smiled as she saw him and Riku running over to her. “Do you normally blow up things?” Sora asked. “Not really.” She laughed. She held out her hand and summoned her keyblade.

“Let’s go finish the rest of them off.” Sora said eagerly as he ran into what was left of the black and white army. Anna started to run after him, but a hand grabbed her arm and softly pulled her back. She stumbled back and fell into Riku’s arms. He helped her stand back up and then smiled at her. “Good job; killing a nobody that big is a first for you. And you killed it quickly, being your first time. But since when did you like blowing things up?” He asked. “I guess since now.” She smiled back. “If you say so. By the way, killer boots.” He grinned as he slightly pointed at her boots. She started laughing a little, and then ran back beside Riku to finish off the remains of the army.

About twenty minutes later, all the nobodies and heartless were gone. Everyone was a little tired, but after using some potions, they regained their energy. “I did not sign up for this.” Emily said as she looked around. “Yea, you did. You’re around us, so chances are you’ll be fighting every day. And it increases depending on what world we’re at.” Sora said. Emily sighed.

“What worlds do you know of?” Anna suddenly asked Alex. He went through a list of worlds, and as he did, Sora, Kairi, Anna, and Riku all looked a little upset. “What’s wrong?” Bethany asked them, seeing the sudden descent of their morale. “We have two new worlds to go to after this.” Sora said. “What about it?” Emily asked. “We have to go through and get rid of all the heartless and any nobodies at each world, and then lock the door so no more can enter.” Anna explained. “How long does it take to finish one world?” Bethany asked. “Depends. It can take from one to three days.”

“Ugh. You never mentioned that before.” Emily moaned. “You don’t have to come with us. Actually, it’s might be best for you if you didn’t.” Anna stated. “Really?” Emily sounded a little happy. Anna nodded. “Okay then. I’m just gonna stay here. What about you, Bethany?” “I don’t really know.” She sounded totally unsure of what to do. “Do you like to fight?” Sora asked her. She thought for a moment, and then nodded. “If you knew you were going to have to fight until you almost died, would you still go?” He asked.

Bethany was taken back by the question. “Are you saying…it’s possible…that I, or any of us…could, die?” She asked shakily. This thought never passed her mind before. Sora didn’t want to answer. He looked at Anna, who understood. He wanted her to answer; she knew Bethany better, and would know the best way to tell her. “It’s highly possible. I recently lost a friend in one of the worlds we’ll be going to. I don’t even know who killed him, but chances are, that person’s after at least one of us.” Anna motioned to herself, Kairi, Sora, and Riku. Bethany stepped back a little. Emily looked horrified. “I just want you to know what kind of stuff you could be subjected to if you travel with us.” Anna said.

“You’re a good fighter, Bethany. With lots of practice, you could be really good. Anna’s already almost as good as me, and she’s only been fighting for half a year. And I’m a great fighter.” Sora said, feeling a sense of self-pride. Riku grinned. He wasn’t sure Sora knew how good Anna actually was. “We’ll protect you as best as we can if you choose to come with us. None of us are dead yet - that has to count for something.” Kairi smiled.

“If I went, could I come back any time I wanted to?” Bethany asked. They nodded. “I, I just don’t know. I’ve never dealt with anything even a little bit close to this before. Could I stay here with Emily and fight heartless and nobodies on Earth?” She questioned. “Yea; that’s actually a good idea.” Anna said. Sora nodded in approval, even though she really wasn’t asking for it. “I’ll go with that.” Bethany decided, feeling good about her decision.

“Okay, well, we’re off!” Sora said as he waved to the two girls. Kairi smiled at them and followed. Riku waved a little and ran after them. “You’re coming back, right?” Emily asked. “Of course!” Anna yelled as she ran. “I’m assuming you want to come?” She asked Alex. “That’d be correct.” He smiled.

Rauxlen

Awards
*sigh* I have to read it tomorrow. My friend's over right now...
I bet it's great! I'll read it tomorrow.

Edit: YES! I WAS RIGHT! Thank you for the present Princess of Cliffhangers :)

Last edited:

Haku

<3
Aw poor Alex almost got completely overlooked through the whole ending process, good ending result though.

Princess of KH

Hey guys! Here's the next chappie! Enjoy! Glad you liked the last one.

Chapter 77

“So, which one should we go to first?” Sora asked. “The one we’ve already been to before; Refuge of War. I don’t know which one it is, though. I’ve never seen it from space.” Anna said. “How do you know its name?” Kairi asked. “Dane told me.” She answered solemnly. She was still having trouble getting over his death, but she was doing her best.

“We’ll flip a coin! Heads is the world on the left; tails is the world on the right. That’s how we’ll decide.” Sora concluded. “That’s a genius and completely logical way to solve our dilemma,” Riku said sarcastically, “but I don’t think we have any coins just lying around.” “Um, okay then…we’ll go that way!” Sora said as he pointed to his right. “Was that decision made on any basis of knowledge we have on these two worlds, Sora?” Anna asked, a bit sarcastically. “That decision was made on the basis of my sense of direction, Anna.” He laughed. “Sora, last time I asked you about directions, we almost got lost. And it was on Destiny Islands.” Kairi mentioned. “That was a long time ago, Kairi! This is now, and I’ve improved a lot.” “Hope so.” She smiled.

Once they arrived at the world, they got out of the gummi ship and looked around. “Next time, someone else is landing the ship. Hopefully they’ll do it in a more convenient spot!” Anna stared at Riku. He looked around and realized that he’d landed the ship in a giant crater. The walls were tall, and also too steep to climb up. There was no way to get out besides the gummi ship. “Do you guys hear that?” Kairi suddenly asked. “It sounds like…a waterfall?” Anna said. “I don’t see any waterfalls around here.” Sora mentioned. The noise grew louder and louder, until it was impossible to not hear it. “Hold on a sec.” Anna said as she closed her eyes. Her wings appeared, and she instantly flew up into the air.

Everyone else waited for a moment while she reached the top of the crater, looked around, and dropped back to the ground. “Is it that bad?” Sora shouted as soon as he saw her face; the noise was loud enough that he had to shout so she could hear him. Her eyes were wide. Suddenly, water started pouring in all around the crater. At this point, everyone’s eyes were wide. “We’re surrounded by miles of water! I think we’re in an ocean!” Anna yelled in reply. Water was pouring in fast; it was already close to their knees. “We have to get out here before we drown!” Kairi shouted. “Get in the ship!” Sora yelled as he ran towards it. Everyone followed, but the water slowed them down. It was at their wastes now. Riku held out his hand, and a portal opened in front of Sora. He ran through, and everyone else ran towards it as quickly as they could. They picked up their speed when they noticed a shadow fell over them: when they looked up, they saw it was a giant wave.

The wave pushed them all through the portal and they fell into the gummi ship. Sora had already taken off, and the ship was now up in they sky. “Open the ship’s door for a minute, Sora. There’s too much water in here.” Riku groaned as he picked himself up off the floor, which was now flooded in about two feet of water. “Yea.” Sora said. He pushed a button and the door slowly opened. Kairi and Anna scooted up against the opposite wall to keep themselves from falling out. Alex was already standing up, looking out the door as the water drained out from the ship.

“Find some land, Sora. There’s got to be some decent piece of dirt to land on.” Riku said as he looked at Anna and smiled. She rolled her eyes at him and looked out the door. “I’m freezing.” Kairi mentioned as she rubbed her arms. “Me too; I’ll go get us some towels.” Anna got up and carefully made her way to the bathroom. She walked out and handed Kairi a large towel. The two girls wrapped their towels around themselves and sat on the couch. “Sora, this is half your fault. You were the one that said to go to this world first.” Riku said. “We would have had to come here anyway! Don’t blame this on me! It’s your fault!” He exclaimed as he shut the ship’s door, since all the water had drained out.

“I want to go home so bad. I miss Selphie, Wakka, Tidus, everybody.” Kairi told Anna. “Yea, I want to go to Destiny Islands really bad. I feel like it’s my home now.” Kairi looked at Anna, a little shocked. “You don’t want to live on Earth?” Anna shook her head. “Leaving Earth was the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Even though I didn’t have as many near death experiences there, I like it here better.” Anna joked. Kairi smiled and laughed a little. “You like to go shopping?” She asked. “Love to.” Anna said. “We’ll have to go shopping with Selphie when we get back. I have to warn you through, when Selphie eats a lot of sugar, she’s really hyper.” “I know a lot of people on Earth like that.” Anna smiled.

“There’s some land. Looks like the only land on this world at all.” Sora said as he steered the ship towards an island farther off. “It looks small.” Alex mentioned. “It probably is.” Riku kept his eyes on the land.

A large explosion went off in the water beneath them. The force of the blast caused their ship to roll over to the side. “Are they firing at us?!” Kairi asked. “Don’t know yet.” Sora answered. He cautiously pushed the ship forward again. No explosions. He breathed a sigh of relief and speed the ship up. Suddenly, his eyes widened and he hit Riku’s arm, getting his attention. “That’s a missile, Riku. A very, large, missile. Coming right at us.” He stuttered. Riku almost pushed Sora out of the pilot’s chair so he could steer the ship away, but Sora was already steering the ship as far to the left as he could.

“What kind of piloting that, Sora?!” Anna exclaimed as her and Kairi rolled off the couch and slammed up against the wall. “That was the kind of piloting that I use when I’m trying to save our lives!” Anna and Kairi immediately shot up and looked out the windshield window. “I don’t see anything out there.” Anna murmured. “Sora, it’s following us.” Riku said as he looked at the radar beside the controls. “Dang it.” Sora muttered to himself. He looked at the radar momentarily and saw a red dot chasing their ship. Another red dot joined the chase from the side.

“Not good.” Alex mentioned as he saw the new missile from looking out one of the side windows. “We might have to ditch the ship if this doesn’t work. Everybody sit down and hold on tight.” Sora said. Riku casually sat down in the shotgun seat beside Sora, while Alex, Anna, and Kairi sat down in the back. Sora looked over at Riku for a moment, and Riku gave him a nod. Sora, having Riku’s approval of the plan, slowed the gummi ship down. After a minute, he shut the ship’s power off. The ship starting falling, and it started accelerating towards the sea beneath them. Kairi and Anna started screaming as they neared the sea. Sora and Riku kept their focus on the two missiles now far above them. The two missiles hit each other, and a large explosion went off from the crash. Sora breathed another sigh of relief and started the power back up. Once he did, Anna and Kairi stopped screaming. “You two took that experience well.” Riku told the sarcastically as he turned back to look at them. “Shut up.” Anna said as she glared at him, but she couldn’t keep her face straight; she broke into a small smile and laughed inside.

“We have to ditch the ship, guys. They’re gonna fire again if we go any farther. They’re probably gonna fire until the ship blows up anyway.” Sora said. “We could try landing it on the other side of the island.” Riku suggested. “Can I try something really quick?” Anna asked. Sora nodded. “Be right back.” She murmured quickly, and before anyone could ask where she was going, she opened a portal and ran through. “How come you’re never that fast?” Sora asked Riku. Riku looked over at him and paused before answering, “I’ll open portals fast when I need to.”

A portal opened in front of the gummi ship, and Anna flew out. She had summoned her wings just before the portal opened. She flapped her wings just enough to keep her right in front of the ship. “What’s she doing?” Sora asked. Riku thought he knew, but he hoped he was wrong. “Guys, we have more missiles. They’re farther behind Anna.” Sora notified everyone. Almost as soon as the words left his mouth, Anna turned around. They guessed she heard the six missiles coming for them. Anna held out her hand and concentrated.

“How did going out there help out situation? She’s just going to open a portal and come right back.” Sora said as he slouched in his seat. “No, she’s not. She’s not going to do anything dumb. She’s smart.” Riku kept a steady watch on her. “I thought you said she almost flunked algebra once.” Sora mentioned. “Are we doing algebra right now? No.” Riku said.

“That’s a big portal.” Kairi mentioned as she watched the portal’s size rapidly increase. “And it’s getting a whole lot bigger.” Sora added as they stared at a portal so big that it was five times the size of a normal portal. “Can you do that? Is it hard to make a portal that big?” Sora asked Riku. “I’ve never tried to make a portal that big, and it looks hard to me.” He answered. “Guys, do you realize what she’s doing?” Kairi suddenly asked with a sense of urgency in her voice. “Not yet, why?” Sora asked. Before Kairi could answer, Riku said, “She’s opening a portal for the gummi ship to go through.” Kairi nodded, agreeing.

“Is she, okay?” Alex asked. He, along with the other three, noticed that Anna started to look a little weak as she made the portal larger. “She’ll be alright. I don’t know if making that big of a portal is using most of her light or not, but if it is, she could be getting really weak.” They then waited silently for the portal to get big enough. It wasn’t opening as rapidly as before, but it was still making noticeable progress.

Suddenly, Kairi broke the silence. “Guys, those missiles are close, and they’re not slowing down any.” “It’s almost big enough. Just a tiny bit bigger and then we can get the ship through it. But remind me – next time we use a gummi ship, try to find a smaller one.” Sora said, realizing that this ship was larger than most of the ones he’d used before. “As soon as Anna goes through the portal, follow her. It should be any second now.” Riku instructed Sora. Sora nodded and got ready to fly the ship as fast as it could go.

“She’s done opening the portal! Hold on!” Sora said, half excited, half serious. He waited for Anna to go through, but she barely moved. She lowered her arm, but she still didn’t go through. “Uh, I think something’s wrong with Anna. She’s not going anywhere. She looks like she can barely keep herself up in the air. Her wings are flapping way slower than normal.” Sora stated. They all watched as Anna suddenly stopped flapping her wings altogether, and started a rapid descent to the ocean below. “Oh my gosh! Riku! Save her!” Kairi yelled as she turned to Riku. But she looked to see no one. He had already opened a portal, summoned his wings, and flown out to help Anna.

He dove down towards Anna, who was falling at such a rapid speed that he didn’t know if he could reach her before she hit the water. He flapped his wings as hard as he could, but she still seemed out of reach. Anna didn’t have much time; the water was getting closer to her. Riku didn’t know how deep she would go into the water, but he guessed it would be far, judging by her speed. Then, her body dove through the water’s surface. He couldn’t see her that well, but he could see a blurry form still jetting through the water.

He put his hand out in front of him, and a portal opened beneath Anna. She fell through it, and then fell through the end, which was just above Riku. He stopped himself from falling any more, waited a few seconds, and she fell into his arms, along with quite a bit of water. He groaned a little; she’d gained enough speed for it to hurt Riku quite a bit when she hit his arms. His adrenaline was pumping enough, however, that the pain wasn’t as bad as it should’ve been. He then held Anna tightly and started flying towards the island.

As he was flying, he noticed Anna’s legs were still wet, while her arms were dry. He glanced at her legs and realized why; she was a mermaid. He guessed she turned herself into a mermaid while she was underwater. He didn’t quite know how, though, because she was unconscious. She had fallen unconscious right after the portal was fully opened. He decided that even though going to the island not too far away would be the easiest option, he would have to abandon the idea. The islanders kept shooting occasional missiles at him, the others were at some unknown location after going through the portal, he didn’t yet know how he was going to land on the island without being blown to pieces by missiles and whatever else the islanders would use against him, and Anna was an unconscious mermaid. He opened a portal to Destiny Islands and flew through quickly, dodging yet another missile aimed at him.

Rauxlen

Awards
Wow, now Anna's a mermaid.
EXCITEMENT!!!

Can't wait for the next chappie! (Do I even have to say that? I say that every time you post a chappie, lol.)

Edit: *points at user name* My user name changed!

Last edited:

Princess of KH

like your new name, Rauxlen! Sounds preettty cool! lol
sorry i've been gone for so long. there's a new internet policy at my school that doesn't allow the students to get on any website w/ persona accounts, or anything like youtube. so i'm at my friend's house right now!
here's the next chappie (sorry i had to make you wait so long, Rauxlen!)! enjoy!

Chapter 78

“Where do you think they are? Destiny Islands, maybe? Or Earth?” Kairi asked. “I dunno. Probably Destiny Islands, since Riku’s way more familiar to that world. We’ll try there first.” Sora answered. He set the coordinates for Destiny Islands, and the ship took off. Kairi instantly fell back into the shotgun seat behind her and slammed her head against the back of the chair. “Sora!” She groaned as she rubbed her head.

“Oh my gosh! Kairi! I am so sorry! I didn’t mean for it to take off so fast!” He blurted out, fighting back embarrassment and nervousness. It seemed to him that he always looked the most like a klutz when she was around to see it. “It’s okay, Sora. I’m fine.” She said cheerfully as she looked over at him and smiled. He smiled back at her and blushed on the inside. He hoped she didn’t think he was clumsy.

“Uh, guys, how far away is Destiny Islands?” Alex asked out of nowhere. “We’re about one fourth of the way there. Why’d you ask?” Sora answered, a bit concerned after he saw the serious expression on Alex’s face. “Cause the ship’s tank is almost empty. How long will the ship run on empty?” He asked as he pointed at the tank’s meter. True to his word, the meter showed the tank was one bar away from being empty. “It’ll run for about…one minute on empty. Maybe there’s some extra gas tanks in the back. Kairi, would take over the controls in case we run into anything. I’ll go look in the back.” Sora got up and walked to the back of the gummi ship and into the tiny bedroom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna slowly opened her eyes and found herself looking at a dark gray sky filled with storm clouds. “Hey.” She heard Riku’s voice and looked to her left. Riku was sitting on the sand beside her, looking down at her with a smile. “Hey.” She smiled. “You’re probably wondering what’s going on, aren’t you?” He said as he looked up at the sky for a moment. “After you opened a portal for the gummi ship, you passed out. As soon as you fell into the ocean, you turned into a mermaid. I opened a portal beneath you, and you fell out of it above me so I could catch you. You were falling too fast for me to reach you, even though I was using my wings. Sora, Kairi, and Alex went through the gummi ship, so I brought you here. We couldn’t stay on that world any longer; they kept firing at us. How do you feel?”

Anna already knew that she was on Destiny Islands, even though Riku never mentioned the name. She could tell by her surroundings. There was a papou tree a few yards away, and the ocean shore was farther away to her right. “I’m fine.” She said as she sat up. However, her head started to spin, and she almost fell down, but Riku caught her and held her up. “Of course you feel fine.” He joked. “I did…until I sat up. I’m still a mermaid, aren’t I?” Anna said as she looked at her tail in place of her legs. “Yea, you are.” She changed herself back to a human and stretched her legs. They didn’t hurt, but she felt like stretching anyway.

“It’s gonna rain soon. We better get back to the gummi ship. Where’d the portal you made for it lead to?” He asked as he saw a large lightning bolt flash across the horizon. “It led here.” She answered quietly. She had a bad headache, and it was affecting her. “Let’s go to Sora’s house. They’re probably there. I’ll open the portal.” Riku said as he started to hold his arm out. “Can we just walk? I miss the islands; I want to spend as much time here as I can.” She said, trying to strengthen her voice so she wouldn’t sound so weak.

“You don’t mind walking in the rain?” He asked, a little surprised. “I love rain. Love thunderstorms, too. I thought you already knew that.” She said in reply as he helped her stand up. “I knew you liked storms, but I didn’t know you liked to walk in the rain. Can you walk?” He asked. “Yea.” She said as she straightened her legs and forced herself to stand up. She tried taking a step and her knee gave out on her. Riku again caught her. “I’ll teach you how to walk sometime.” He grinned as he gently picked her up and held her in his arms. “Shut up. What’s wrong with me?! I can’t even sit up or walk.” She laughed. “You don’t have to carry me, ya know.” She added. “Well, we decided not to use a portal to get to Sora’s house, and since you can’t walk, your only options are for me to carry you or to drag you. You choose.” He said with a hint of sarcasm. “You can carry me, then.” She said as she leaned her head against his shoulder and looked at the ocean.

“I think I passed out because I used too much of my light. It took a lot of light to make that portal. But I felt like my light was being drained, really slowly, from the time that we entered that world to the time I passed out. Like it was being siphoned. Did you know that on Earth, people in my country would siphon gas from other cars to theirs’ because they didn’t want to pay for the gas themselves? Gas is expensive on Earth; it’s almost four dollars a gallon where I lived.” Anna said softly, being as random as ever. “I think you’re right about using too much light. Maybe it was being drained. And maybe that’s the most random thing I’ve heard all day. But now I know that gas is expensive where you used to live. That’s one more valuable piece of information I’ll hold for the rest of my life.” He replied sarcastically.

Anna just smiled and closed her eyes for a moment. She could hear Riku’s heartbeat, and it was starting to lull her to sleep. “Anna?” She opened her eyes and answered, “Yea?” “Maybe something about that world drains light.” He mentioned. “That’s likely.” She said. “When do you think this whole crisis thing will be over? Not the entire crisis of heartless and nobodies, but just the crisis of Earth, and these two new worlds, and Shadow?” Anna asked softly. Riku could already tell she was ready for it all to be over. He knew she wanted to stay on Destiny Islands. “I don’t know. The sooner, the better. Don’t worry. In the end, everything will be okay.” He assured her, using the phrase she had told him so many times before. He could almost feel her smiling at the answer.

“Riku, what if I can’t live on Destiny Islands? What if something happens, and I have to stay on Earth?” She asked a few minutes later. It was raining lightly now, with occasional lightening and thunder. “That won’t happen. It can’t.” Riku answered a bit quickly, suddenly realizing that it was a possibility. “It probably won’t happen, but what if it does? I don’t want to leave you guys.” Anna said wistfully. “I don’t know what we’re going to do if it happens. But it won’t happen, and we wouldn’t let it happen anyway.” He answered determinedly.

As they neared Sora’s house, Riku walked in the middle of the street they were now on, since the sides of the street were filling up with water. “Riku? Is that you?” Riku looked behind him and saw Tidus running up to him. “Yea, it’s me. What are you doing out here?” He asked. “I was running over to Wakka’s house to get the video game he borrowed from me. What are you doing? Where have you been, anyway? You’ve been gone for almost a year now!” Tidus said. “I was traveling. I’m taking her to Sora’s house; she can’t walk right now.” Riku answered. Tidus seemed to suddenly notice Anna was there. He looked at her as if he were in a trance as she looked up at him. “Hi.” She said just loudly enough for him to hear. “Hey.” He answered as he made himself look away from her to Riku.

“I’ll go with you to Sora’s house. I want to see him, too.” Tidus said as he started walking beside Riku. Riku felt like telling him to leave, but he didn’t. “I can carry her for a little, if you get tired.” Tidus mentioned to Riku. Riku looked over at him and did his best not to glare at him while answering, “I’m fine.” Tidus got the point and was silent until they reached Sora’s house.

Last edited:

Rauxlen

Awards
Lol, so gas prices are entering the story...

Thank you for the chapter, Princess of Cliffhangers!
Sorry about the whole school thing.

And thank you for the username comment :)

Haku

<3
I've missed out on quite a lot but it didn't take me long to get caught up, but looks like the tension between Riku and Tidus is growing.

Rauxlen

Awards
So long... without a new chappie!
But I suppose I have no right to complain, since I haven't updated my fanfic in a while, lol!
Anyways... yeah. Still waiting.

Haku

<3
Yeah it has been a while but PoKH is more than likely super busy at the moment, since she hasn't been active in quite sometime.

Princess of KH

Yeah it has been a while but PoKH is more than likely super busy at the moment, since she hasn't been active in quite sometime.

you are ENTIRELY CORRECT! anyway, i'm SUPER sorry that i haven't been on in so long. i had my computer taken away...let's just say i learned i couldn't be late leaving for school if i want it back...lol So i haven't written muh more. my life has alos gotten MUCH more busy in the past few weeks. the heavy scedule won't let up, either. but i'm hoping i can get on here more, i feel aweful making you guys wait! thanx for being understanding, tho. you guys haven't forgotten about me in my abscence! ^_^ thanx!
i actually don't know if i have anymore chapters written...i'm gonna check & update this ff if i do. if i don't - then I'm really sorry. my usb drive might be broken, too, & it's got all my chappies on it (i'm at my friend's house & my computer isn't here, obviously.).
i'll be back in a litle bit & tell you guys what's new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back