• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destiny: The Fickle Mistress. Not mistriss, MISTRESS.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldman9

Wandering outside in the cold, looking for someone
This is just an idea I thought up while watching some stuff. If ya like it let me know cause if I don't get some replies I'll just stop writing it.

Destiny: The Fickle Mistriss
Beginning: Why Me​

The sun, a source of all life on this world we call home. Clouds, dispite their decieving demeanor they hold dominence over the sun, capable of blocking it's light. Wind trumps the clouds, cause naturally it controls where they go. But wind can be stopped by other forces, and created by those same forces too.

So just where do I fit into all of it? thought Kay as he looked up at the sky from his spot on the ground. He was spread out on the grass, his arms stretched out to both sides. He moved his right wrist and felt a small twinge of pain. Not as bad a while ago. He sat up and ran his hand through his jet black hair with streaks of icy white going through it. His eyes were green and unusually clear. He looked around him at the unconscious figures of the guys who had a problem with his constantly changing hair color.

They all wore the same uniform, a white polo shirt under black blazers with matching black slacks. The emblem on the left front pocket showed the same school emblem. Kay looked over and saw the school, they were on it's campus. RING!! He heard the school bell ring and everyone inside began to leave for the day. He wiped the dried blood from around his mouth and stood up. As the student came out they instantly saw the seven unconscious bodies and Kay heading inside. Immedietly infront of hte entrace was a set of stairs that led directly to the head master's office. Kay took those stairs and walked right into the office.

The Head Master sat behind a large desk decorated with various educational instraments, old and new. The walls where covered by bookshelves and pictures of the old head master's. The Head Master herself was quite young, she wore a grey business suite, her brown hair was tied back in a bun, and the glasses she wore distorted the color of her blue eyes. When Kay walked in she sighed, took out a piece of paper, and began filling it out.

"How many?" She asked plainly

"Seven." Kay answered

"Injuries?"

"I just knocked 'em unconscious. Although they might've lossened a tooth or two of mine."

"They threw the first punch?"

"Don't they usually?"

"Kay." she said finished filling out the paper and put it in a tray "Why do you let things like this happen? Half the student body's parents have signed a petition to have you kicked out."

"It's self defense. What else am I supposed to do?" Kay said looking out the window to the crowd around the guy now regaining consciousness "In all fairness though, you should really make this whole 'King of the School' fight a part of student orientation."

The Head Master added her signature to another piece of paper and handed it to Kay. Kay folded it up and stuck it in his pocket then got up and left. As he went outside all the student who were still around the campus cleared a path for him through and just stared as he walked by. It was his second year at the prestigious White Flower Academic High School and he had already made a reputation as a fighter. It wasn't that he was a punk or anything, he had just been a gentleman at the wrong time. What wasn't said in any brochure or in orientation was that half the male population of the school was in a fight to be 'King of the School'. His first day there Kay had beaten the current King and created a crazy power struggle that eventually came to be that anyone who beat him was the rightful King. And all Kay had done was fight the guy cause he wouldn't leave a girl alone.

As he left the campus he looked around at the town it was in. Off in the distace was the large skyscrapers of the city set against the three or four story tall shops, resturants, arcades, and other places of activity. He walked past all those places and eventually came to a residential area. He found his house in the middle of the nieghborhood, a simeple two story complex. As he walked in he was greeted with the smeel of cooking food and loud music.

"Well if it isn't the genius brother returning to his normal family." mocked a girl a few years younger than Kay at the kitchen table. She was working on homework with the source of the music beside her. She had bright pink hair and green eye's like Kay's.

"If I had a normal family you wouldn't be failing your classes." Kay shot back.

"I am not falling my classes! I'll have you know I got a B in math today."

"Who'd you copy off of?"

"Oh shut up!!"

Kay ignored her rant as he went upstairs to his room. Once he was inside the music became very muffled, barely even reaching him. His room was nothing special to him, a bed against the wall, a bookshelf taking up a whole wall. a dresser with a TV and game stations on top of it. and a computer at his desk by the only window in the room. Once he was inside he locked the door and went to his closet. He quickly changed into a shite sleevless shirt, a unbuttoned T-shirt over it, blue jeans, and sneakers. He opened his desk drawer and grabbed some money then opened the window and jumped out. He landed at the back of the house and left that way. He went back into town and looked around, other students were either hanging out in their school clothes or had already changed. He quickly found a cafe and went inside, in addition to tables and booths where people sat there were comfortable arm chairs and couches where others sat reading various things. After placing an order Kay took a seat on a couch and picked up the book he had left yesterday, the bookmark was still in place. It wasn't that he enjoyed the cafe more than home, everyone there was a stranger to each other. Being strangers they left each other alone, true solitude, something Kay couldn't get enough of.

Kay didn't notice the girl who came in and sat down in the chair opposite him. Once he was done with everything he got up and left to go back home, if he wasn't at dinner his mother would call the police and that was something he didn't need. The gril from the cafe followed him out and down the streets, always several feet behind. As he turned down a street the girl took out a small notebook from her jacket, opened it, and looked through it. With a confused look she followed Kay downt he street but didn't see.

"Who the hell are you?" Kay asked stepping out from his hiding place and cutting off her escape route "Why are you following me?"

The girl said nothing as she reached into her jacket. Kay backed up a step incase she brought out a weapon. Before he knew it the girl was up close and held right in his face . . . an egg. Kay stared at the egg then looked at the girl then looked back at the egg.

"Kay." the girl said with a smile "It is with great honor and pride that I present you with your Half Soul. And I'm sure it's with great honor and pride that you accept it." and put the egg in his hand.

"What is this?" Kay asked holding up the egg.

"That's the other half of your soul." the girl said with a smile "Just give it a moment."

Suddenly the egg began glowing and pulsated. Kay held it at a distance but couldn't let go, it was like it was stuck to his hand. The shell of the egg cracked and then shattered sending it's fragments all over the small allyway. What was left in Kay's hand was a glowing orb that moving in place. Gradually it began to change shape and with a flash of light he felt something much heavier in his hand than an egg. He looked in his hand and saw a baby wrapped in blue blankets looking right back at him.

END

Next chapter will be better, I promise.

Last edited:

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Re: Destiny: The Fickle Mistriss

A babeh? OwO

This is very well written and I like the way you're carrying it out so far. You've left me wondering what that little bundle's for anyway. He's in highschool right? Dang and he already has a kid and doesn't know the mother.

Shadow-Love

Hmmm. a guy is highschool gets a baby from a strange young girl. And the baby came from an egg. This is pretty interesting. Hope the next chapter is up soon.

Coldman9

Wandering outside in the cold, looking for someone

Wow, somebody actually posted on my story. Since nobody seemed to like it I was just gonna give up this one and do another one later. If you guys really like it I guess I'll keep going with this one.

Chapter 1: The Day After​

Kay stared blankly at the baby in his hand. He blinked, it blinked. He looked off to the side, it looked off to the side. He looked away from the baby for a moment to look at the girl, she looked as confused as he felt, and that oddly felt strange to Kay. Now that he wasn't distracted he got a good look at her, she had long blueish grey hair tied back, her eyes where a sllightly golden amber, and she wore strange purple robes.She was the one who brought him the egg, she called it his 'Half Soul", and now she looked confused. Kay brought the baby close to him and carefully held it so that he wouldn't drop it and turned to the girl.

"Okay, first off, who are you?" he asked sternly, expecting an answer.

"The names Kiko." She answered brightly "Soul Guide number 1165."

"Okay, Kiko." Kay said keeping his calm "How about you explain what the hell is happening to me and what this is all about. I got an A in biology and I know for a fact that not only do human babies not come from eggs, but the egg was too small to have a kid inside it."

"Well that's gonna take a while, how about we get something to eat." and with that Kiko walked out of the alley with Kay following her. She led him a little ways down the street into a small resturant where they quickly got seats in a booth.

"Okay Kiko, now start explaining." Kay said after they had ordered and he had situated the baby in the space beside him.

"Okay, first of all you do know that everything that lives has a soul right?" Kay nodded "Well when something dies it's soul stays here until a Soul Guide comes and leads it across to the next world. But souls dont' just go to the next world and stay there, there's a cycle to life. As such an order is needed to ensure that cycle continues, that's where the Cycle of Life Corporation comes in. We regulate all the souls that pass though death and back into life. After a certain amount of time in heaven a soul is brought back to the living world and reincarnated. Unfortunately though, any soul that winds up in hell stays there, so to keep a good balance and population new souls are created all the time."

"Uh huh, and just where does me and this kid come into all this?" Kay asked as the waitress dropped off their meals.

"I'm getting to it. In addition to the living world, heaven, and hell there are other worlds that exist too. The most known one to humans is the demon world. Demons like to pass through the world barriers and torment humans, and that's not all. Some souls stay in the living world and end up tormenting humans too. And along with them are other creatures, so as a mean to defend yourselves you humans began to use spiritual powers. For the longest time the Corporation didn't know about your powers, and as such the people who could use them had severly shortened life spans. So it was decided that when a now soul was brought into creation that it would be examined to see if it had strong spiritual powers. If it did it was split and the half containing the spiritual powers was set aside until the person was mature enough to handle the powers safely. You are one of those people, and that baby beside you is the other half of your soul and the source for the powers you will learn to use. But I gotta say that this is really surprising."

"Which part? The part about demons or the part about a corporation that controls life and death?"

"No, that makes sense. What's confusing is that your egg hatched into a human baby. Usually they hatch into animals of some kind."

"Maybe there was a mix up." Kay said hopefully as he finished off the last of his food.

"Maybe." Kiko said doing the same "I guess I'll have to take him back and check this out. Sorry about the inconvenience." and took the baby in her arms as she got up to leave.

Kay leaned back against his seat with relief, it had all been a mistake. The fact that an egg turned into a baby was proof enough for him that Kiko had been telling the truth. But what exactly was he expected to do with spirital power, fight demons and bad souls. Yeah right. Suddenly a though occured to Kay, she had left him with the check. As he got up to chase after her the waitress appeared and handed him the bill. After paying and rushing outside he looked around and couldn't find her. Eight loud bell chimes sounded around the area and Kay looked up at the quickly darkening sky.

"Oh crap!" he said panicing "It's eight oclock." and began running home, his mom was deffinently gonna have a fit when he got home.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::​

In the dimension that rested between all the different worlds sat a palace. Various beasts and people where coming and going hurriedly. Inside however was a complete mess. Everywhere one looked where papers stacked high, ready to fall over. Various creatures of intelligence argued with one another, with souls, over the phone, and rushed here and there to make impossible deadlines. On the higher floors other kinds of work was being done. Kiko stepped out from a swirling portal onto a ledge, holding the baby in her arms and made her way through the mess to an elevator. It was large and spacious and holding two large giants.

"Hey Kiko." One said "How's guiding the dead going?"

"Not bad." Kiko answered "How'sresource management?"

"It's like hell."

The elevator beeped and opened up. The two giants stepped out leaing Kiko in the elevator all alone. She reached to the panel and pushed the highest button, it lit up with a bright light and the elevator began it's climb up. After several minutes of waiting and lousy elevator music it stopped and finally opened up for her. The room before here was very spacious and open on all sides to reveal the sky outside. Several trees were planted forming a path for one to follow all the way to end where a prestigious man sat behind a large desk with several papers infront of him. He wore a regular grey business suite, had short brown hair that was flat on his head, and blue eyes behind thin silver glasses. As Kiko came toward him he looked up from his paperwork.

"Kiko, why are you here?' he saw the baby "And why do you have a baby? Don't tell me that-"

"No no no, it's nothing like that." Kiko said quickly "It's just that there was a mix up with a Half Soul. I brought one to a boy but when it hatched it turned into this baby."

Snap! The man behind the desk broke the pen he was holding upon hearing the news. He stood up and quickly made his way around his desk to see the baby up close. As he looked at it, it stared back then reached out for the shiny glasses it saw.

"Come with me." he said then rushed over to the elevator. Kiko followed, a little curious about why the head of the Cycle of Life Corporation seemed to be in a panic. Before they were inside he pushed a button on the elevator and they went down several floors.

When the door opened they were greeted by a burst of very warm air. As she stepped out Kiko saw many nurses rushing around a large room. Many shelves were set up everywhere with heating lamps on them shining on the thousands of thousands of eggs on the shelves. Thsi was the place where all the Half Souls were kept until they were ready to be taken by their other halves. Kiko had never been in here before and was looking around in awe until she saw the Chairman a long ways away heading for the very back of the room. She rushed after him, the baby not making a fuss over anything. After a while she began to notice that the farher they went the older the place seemed to get, although there became less nurses and less eggs. Finally they reached a large set of doulbe doors, two nurses standing to each side of them.

"Hello Chairman sir." they both said in unison when he approached.

"Open the vault." he commanded as Kiko caught up.

"Sir, where are we?" Kiko asked as the nurses began opening the door with unbelievable strength. The Chairman kept quite and rushed into the vault when it was open enough.

Kiko followed him through and was surprised. The place they had entered was slightly cooler but very very old. They seemed to be going through a hallway lined with old stone and burned out torches, although no cobwebs where anywhere to be found. After several minutes of walking they came to an opening in a round room. A hole in the cieling let a beam of light shine down illuminating the whole place. Under the beam of light, in the middle of the room was a pedastal with an elegant, comfortable looking pillow on top. The Chairman stopped short nearly causing Kiko to bump into him. After thinking of a few choice words she peeked around him to see what he was staring at.

"Um . . . sir." she said a little concerned "There's nothing here."
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::​

Kay walked with the other students out onto the school grounds where various stone tables and benches were set up for them to have lunch on. As he passed by a lot of student whispered and pointed at him. Appearently his incident yesterday was still big news, although he had forgotten about it. After getting a lesson about how the afterlife worked and getting stuck with a dinner bill he had been late home to recieve a severe chewing out by his mother. Luckily nobody decided to start something with him so it had been a rather peaceful day. He took one of the few open tables and sat his lunch down infront of him.

"Hiya Kay." came a cheerful voice from a girl with long blonde hair tied back into two tails, amber eyes, wearing the shool uniform. She was accompanied by two friends who looked like they wanted to be anywhere but there.

"Hello Haru." Kay said digging into his lunch, and the girl took it as an invitation to sit down and join him. Kay didn't dislike Haru, but his wasn't crazy about her either. Ever since he saved her from the former king of the school she had been popping up to greet him every time he turned around. Her two friends sat down too and they all began eating lunch, Haru oblivious to the uncomfortable silence setting in.

"So did you hear about the new transfer student?" one of the girls asked

"Wow, a transfer student, let's break out the champagne." Kay said sarcastically

"Shut up Kay. The thing about her isn't that she's transfered here, she has a baby with her."

"A baby? Seriously?" Kay asked genuinely interested.

"Yeah, she's been carrying it around with her all day. It's kinda sad don't ya think?"

Kay shrugged and went back to eating his lunch. The silence began to settle in again.

"Hiiiii Kay!" came a familiar voice. He turned around and nearly choked on his food seeing Kiko in a school uniform carrying the baby around and coming right up to him. As she passed by people began to whisper and talk, especially since she was heading right for Kay. When she reached him she set the baby's carryer on the table and took a seat by him.

"K-Kiko, what are you doing here?" Kay asked trying his best not to panic.

"I came to see you." she answered smiling "Turns out there was no mistake, he's deffinently yours." she looked across the table at Haru and her friends "Nice to meet you, I"m Kiko." she said reaching out a hand.

"I'm Haru, nice to meet you." Haru said shaking Kiko's hand in shock. Everything was quiet as everyone stared at Kay and Kiko but mostly at the baby. "So . . . uh . . . this is Kay's baby?"

"Yeppa."

"I gotta go." Haru said quickly gathering up everything and leaving the table with her friends. Kay didn't notice as he kept looking from Kiko back to the baby. Appearantly, there was no mistake.

End

Probably not as good as I hoped it would be but it's better than nothing. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Silent Avera

Night Pirate Graphic Lemonade Maker

:O

Do continue if you can, I think it has sooooo much potential, I want it to unfold more, it's like reading a new manga, it needs some more time to prove itself further :) A baby that's the base of powers? I think it's an interesting concept ^_^

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards

Mistress *

Cef

Doodling on Vanitas' face while he's sleeping^^

ROFLMAO.

Kay's a daddy nao >=D

Y'know what's weird? I have a character with the same name. He's also stuck in an almost similar situation as well, only with hi-tech assassins and cool bodyguard ...

LOL.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards

What do ya mean Riel? But since you all like it I'll put up another chapter tomorrow.

It's 'mistress' not fucking 'mistriss'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back