• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destiny Islands Scene?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

Hey guys it's me again and surprisingly I have been able to get more than halfway through the game without posting a question. However there is one scene that I would like to be explained. In Days there is a scene where Roxas is on Destiny Islands and sees a person in a cloak. He thinks it is Xion but it ends up being Zexion and he is talking to Riku. They don't even see Roxas and then Roxas turns into Xion, Riku and then Sora. And then it shows Riku holding Xion and Roxas leaving like he saw nothing. So what happened? Neither Roxas or Xion could have Riku's memories, so what was all this?

Anagram

Banned
Not sure on specifics but apparently Riku memories got into Xion somehow.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Xion was just a sponge and Sora has a strong connection to Riku. So through the chain of memories (trade marked) Xion got some by accident.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Oh, right. That one thing about Kingdom Hearts that I still really don't understand AT ALL.

I think that scene was called "Snarl of Memories." Honestly, "Clusterf*ck of Memories" would've been more accurate, because I still don't really understand what the heck was going on there, besides the fact that everyone's memories seem to be in a state comparable to that of a train wreck. The flying diddly was that?!

I mean, I get that Xion's the memory sponge and probably leeched some off of Riku, but that really doesn't explain that whole... rolling-on-the-ground-and-transforming sequence that happened to Roxas. And then immediately after, Roxas just runs from the place all "nope nope nope"-like. And more annoyingly, this whole event was never once explained, addressed, or acknowledged again.

Wait! That's it! It's a non-humorous Big-Lipped Alligator Moment! A weird scene that comes straight out of bumdiddly nowhere, makes absolutely no sense in context, is completely out of place, and once it's done, it's never acknowledged or explained by anyone or anything whatsoever. This explains everything AND nothing at the same time!

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
A weird scene that comes straight out of bumdiddly nowhere, makes absolutely no sense in context, is completely out of place, and once it's done, it's never acknowledged or explained by anyone or anything whatsoever. This explains everything AND nothing at the same time!

Not sure why you wrote a review for Days but it's accurate :confused:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Oh, right. That one thing about Kingdom Hearts that I still really don't understand AT ALL.

I think that scene was called "Snarl of Memories." Honestly, "Clusterf*ck of Memories" would've been more accurate, because I still don't really understand what the heck was going on there, besides the fact that everyone's memories seem to be in a state comparable to that of a train wreck. The flying diddly was that?!

I mean, I get that Xion's the memory sponge and probably leeched some off of Riku, but that really doesn't explain that whole... rolling-on-the-ground-and-transforming sequence that happened to Roxas. And then immediately after, Roxas just runs from the place all "nope nope nope"-like. And more annoyingly, this whole event was never once explained, addressed, or acknowledged again.

Wait! That's it! It's a non-humorous Big-Lipped Alligator Moment! A weird scene that comes straight out of bumdiddly nowhere, makes absolutely no sense in context, is completely out of place, and once it's done, it's never acknowledged or explained by anyone or anything whatsoever. This explains everything AND nothing at the same time!

Not sure why you wrote a review for Days but it's accurate :confused:

Um, Divine Past, I'm gonna need a copy of Nomura's home address and mail him some aloe for that sweet burn!

EDIT: me when I saw this scene:

[video=youtube;2aegP8j5al0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aegP8j5al0[/video]

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
The way I always viewed the scene was that it really was Xion that Roxas sees after chasing after the person in the black robe.

But at that point, her memory was already a train wreck from having just somehow absorbed some of Riku's memories (which is why we see that Zexion scene from CoM), as well as all the other memories she'd been housing inside of her.

Basically, I think her heart was weighed down too much by all of those things, and thus it started trying to put them into a proper order again.

The problem is that Roxas is also there, so he starts unintentionally interfering with it, too (as the entire game Roxas and Xion are both stealing Sora's memories from each other, going back and forth with it, and maybe even somewhat more memories than that).

And the reason why it's never explained? Because I think Roxas was too messed up after that/didn't have a clue what was going on to begin with, that he wrote it all off as a dream.

There's even a chance that Xion ended up taking away his memory of the whole event (as I read a good theory, for instance, that the reason Roxas kept forgetting to ask Xion about "the boy in the red", is because he'd see her and she'd just take his memory of wanting to do that away from him, and then the process would continue).

Xion probably doesn't mention it because she, too, might have been at a loss about it. And as she's keeping secrets at that point in the game, anyway, she certainly wasn't going to tell Roxas or anyone else about it (and Roxas is who the player conveniently gets their information from, so...).

The only other people who may have known about it, or had some idea of it, are Riku and Naminé. And we sure as heck weren't going to get an explanation from them, seeing as how they're not in the game that much at all. And when they are, we mostly aren't getting PoVs for them.

But this is just my opinion on it all^^

...Though to be honest, this scene probably only exists to show that Xion is a human receptor for people's memories, and no thought was put into it beyond that.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
To put it simply, Xion had Sora's, Riku's and Roxas' memories and they overwhelmed her. Which serves as a comparison with how Roxas gains Sora's. Xion gets flooded with them while Roxas slowly gains them. It also explains why she starts asking questions before Roxas.

namine_ftw

At times like this I wish these forums had a "like" button or something lol. I agree 100%. I think it was meant to show how Xion is influenced by memories, but there are so many other, more simple ways they could/should have done it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
At times like this I wish these forums had a "like" button or something lol. I agree 100%. I think it was meant to show how Xion is influenced by memories, but there are so many other, more simple ways they could/should have done it.
Yeah, if you think this whole scene is confusing now, imagine what it was like for someone like me back then, who had little to no knowledge about the rest of the entire franchise to give that sequence any semblance of context.

tumblr_inline_n4xcnhniy11qdw0pk.gif

I still haven't gotten over that whole ordeal, if that's not obvious enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back