• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destiny Home for the Young and Troubled --OOC and Sign-Ups--

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
RP THREAD

http://forums.khinsider.com/original-roleplays/164884-destiny-home-young-troubled.html#post5686431

In the beginning...

There was an old man by the name of Destiny Trippe, a lonely, crippled man of deep wisdom and power. He had secrets, so many that his secrets would fill the Pacific Ocean! He had only two twin children, Damien and Daphne Trippe, who were quite strange folks. Damien could see the Past, while his sister countered that of the Future. As their father grew and died at an unknown age, the Trippe twins made the house their own, living a life of luxury from their father's wealth.

But then something happened

A terrible murder ensued in the Trippe Home, resulting in gruesome, mascarred bodies of the Trippe siblings. Since the bodies were so badly treated, police investigators decided to just cremate the bodies and in tribute to them, buried them in the beautiful garden Daphne had grown herself in the back of the house. Since no one else could take the house, Destiny Trippe's good friend, Marcus Turner, took over and changed it into a ward for young children who had "abilities" like the previous Trippes. Years passed, and the murder of Daphne and Damien was left as an unknown. Many had said they were murdered for their wealth, but some who knew of their dark secrets, were murdered since they had "powers".

Now...

The Destiny Home for the Young and Troubled, you now stand before it, exiled to the gloomy mansion of despair because you are different.You've brought a dying bird to life, you have touched an object with your mind, you have been brought back from the dead. You are different because you've touched the "other side" of our world, you have been blessed with powers that many fear and want to rid us of them. But you cannot. And that is why the Destiny Home was created, a kind of haven for the different ones. But things are happening, insidious things behind the closed doors. There's been talk of an intruder, talk of a two figures, cloathed in darkness, who watch from the shadows. Be careful, watch yourself and keep close to the safe edge.

So here's the story

In the Home, or the Destiny Clan some have nicknamed it, there's many children and teenagers. There is a Girls Dorm and a Boys Dorm, for specific reasons. Studies for English, Math, and Science are from 12:00-2:00, then the rest is for the Destiny Clan to practice with their abilities or if they have none, watch and encourage the others. It may seem like a happy-go-lucky place, but everyone knows in truth, the Home is only like an Asylum.Recently, there have been rumors of seeing strange, dark-cloathed figures, standing at the end of hallways, or appearing suddenly in mirrors. Anyone who has "seen" these figures, supposedly have painfully, fearful nightmares, but their powers grow, while some have their powers take a nasty down-fall. No one knows who they are, but some say it always changes, ranging from a red-eyed girl to a red-eyed boy. There's a hunt going out for these mysterious figures, but the owner of the Home will now allow this, so the searches must go in secret. Will you do it, or simply lay on the sidelines and get haunted?

Rules

1. No god-modding.

2. Use correct spelling or at least make sure you're writing is legible

3. Keep the cursing to a minimum. An F bomb here and there, but keep this RP clean

4. Romance is allowed, but keep away from the bed.

5. If you'll be absent for a long amount of time, VM me or post something here, so I know

6. If you read these, please put "Trippe" over your template

7. Have fun :)

Templates

Name: (First and Last. Middle Optional)
Appearance: (Two pragraphs or a picture)
Ability: (Raise the dead, mind-reading, super-strength, etc.)
Ability Limits: (How far can your power go/how long can you use it up?)
Personality: (Two paragraphs or at least more then six sentences)
Bio: (Why are you in the Home and how'd you get there?)
Other: (Anything else?)

Copy and Paste:

Name:
Appearance:
Ability:
Ability Limits:
Personality:
Bio:
Other:

Accepted Templates​

My template:

Name: Angela Barsoe

Appearance: Angela has a narrow face, with black hair that reaches only past her ear, spiking wildly. In both ears, she has two black studs. She has dark blue eyes, with small flecks of ivy in each eye. Underneath her left eye, she has two small black moles. Angela is 5'4, with a tiny frame and small body. Much of her body is woman, although she complains much about her still-devolping chest.

She wears simple, tight clothing that shows off what she has. Dark jeans that hug her legs tightly with a silver belt. She wears a blue striped shirt that ends at her elbows with a baggy t-shirt over it. On her feet, she wears silver-buckled black boots that end at her ankles.

Ability: Mind-Reading-
Angela can read other people's minds from about two miles away. It works very well if she had met the person, since the connection to their face and mind is much stronger then just seeing a picture or something, but it works without seeing them as well.

Ability Limits:
Angela can't read over a two mile radius. Anywhere over that radius and the mind is just a static case, blurred and she can't see/read it. To read someone's mind takes Angela a several minutes to adjust to the new mind. While in this state, anyone else with her ability can tamper with her mind. Also, Angela has to be immobile to read, leaving her open for any attacks for the short amount of time.

Personality:
Angela sees herself as the "leader" in the Home, leading the searches for the mysterious cloaked figures. She is incredibly curious, her ability serving her well to help fufill her needs. She despises not knowing anything, driving her to read anybody's mind despite them telling her not to. Angela can see the good and bad in others, although she can't seem to find the good and bad in herself. She feels that all the residents of the Home should be doing something with their abilities, or they at least shouldn't be lazing around. She's used to getting her way, since Angela doesn't sending a few threats or too, giving off a bit of a "princess" attitude.

Bio: Angela's parents were -emphasis on "were"- a filthy rich couple with a personality to match. They were stuck-up, conspiring a "holier then thou" attitude, and a love for leadership. They flaunted these traits so much, Angela took them into her own person, which made her who she was today. The ability to read minds didn't come to her until the fourth grade, when she realized the little voices in her head, didn't belong to her imagination.

She abused the abilty on test spying on the minds of the smart kids in class. She used it in games when money was involved, telling people to ask her a question and then say the answer in their head. Much later, during her third year of high school, did someone reveal her to what she really was. After that day, Angela was run out of school, humilated by having her dirty secrets poured out.

She was a cheat. Liar. A complete bitch, in many people's opinion, so controlling. Her parents, who then hit rock bottom of the money indistruy, decided to dump her off at the Home, where a man would take care of her and others like Angela herself. She worried, were they better? Or would they meant to follow her?

Other:

-Likes chocolate- any.

Thank you to Ordeith, who helped greatly on my temp. <3

Abhorsen- Kirie Wilder

Darkfyre- Alex and Lexi Cross

icmasticc- Dante Garrett and Syrianna "Ria" Abercrombie

Abstract- Jana Naomi

Superbia- Tobias Seru Absolixe and Tyra Zhen Le'Nell

The Citrus Cult- Garthel "Garth" Alailefaleula

Nigga Sauce- Taka "Hawk" Tavar

1Gannon1- Michael Jacob Blue

voiceofourgeneration- Justin "Jump" Ambrose

Von83194- Gavon McMahon

My second Template-

Name: Mickey Kendo

Appearance:

Mickey believes in class, and so he dresses almost like a buisness man. His usually unruly raven-colored hair is slicked back neatly, held back by expensive hair gel and small bobby pins that blend with the darkness of which he calls his hair. His face holds some of that baby fat still. His golden eyes sparkle with intelligence. Below his chin there is a large cut that he had recieved long ago. Blending with his pale skin on the left of his back, is a tan colored birthmark the size of his hand.

Even though he's young, Mickey believes in class. He adorns himself in simple polos or dressy white shirts with a different colored/theme tie everyday, covering it up with a black coat that reaches right up to his waist. On both wrists he has blue bands and on both ring fingers, he has a green skull ring. Mickey wears black skinny jeans or black slacks, matching them with black shoes of his choice.

Ability:

Mimic=

Although it's a little difficult to control, Mickey can mimic anyone or anything he meets. For a short amount of time, Mickey can examine one person and with a single touch, he can become them at his will. It works really well with girls for some reason, and Asians like himself.

Ability Limits:

Unfortunately, Mickey can only mimic one person/thing for about 15 minutes at the most, 20 if he can manage to hold his concetration and keep up the illusion. In order to mimic someone he has to have had physical contact with that one person.

Personality:

Mickey is blunt and straight to the point. From many of his old peers, he was said to have been sarcastic, blunt, but undeniably loyal to one person. Mickey swears to always be truthful and never anything else, which he keeps pretty well, since he hadn't told one lie in his whole entire life. Unlike most young teens, he doesn't like to play video games all day or practice his powers. He's used to a quiet enviroment, which he gets in his own quarters in his room. Mickey doesn't exactly have an interest in people, marking them as "fools."

Bio:

As a young boy, Mickey has forgotten most of his happy days as a young child. He had forgotten the taste of candy, sunshine on his skin, and lazy days spent reading cheap anime comics. His father,a hard-working chef at the Japanese restruant three blocks from his house. Most of his childhood days were spent at that restruant, before some ragged gangsters came in and ravaged the place, shooting his father in cold blood. Horror struck him first like a slap across the face and Mickey unlocked his powers, mimicing one of the gangsters and shooting him, reluctantly since he knew nothing about shooting a weapon. After murdering the rest of the gangsters, Mickey fled, running too the Home, a safe house he had heard about from the streets.

Other:

He likes big headphones and usually wears them around just to look cool
Likes a joke here and there

Last edited:

Abhorsen

I like this rp a lot. I have a question or two though. What is the common enemy? The cloaked figures, the schools laws against the search for them, or is there another enemy. I ask only because I am curious as to how much the 'powers' my character has will be used, or is this like an adult version of Scooby Doo?

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
The common enemy is -right now in the main storyline- is the cloaked figures, but they don't exactly do anything really. Yet anyways. But that's who the kids are against, which makes them the enemies. I'll try and not make this like Scooby-Doo (I don't see a lot of reference it too it anyways)

Abhorsen

I referenced Scooby Doo cause of the spooky kinda nightmare environment the students experience. Wasnt trying to be offensive, sorry if i was. Im in, I will put up a temp soon. Within an hour or so, if writers block isn't my enemy.

Hows your temp for Project Zero coming??

Trippe

Name: Kirie Wilder

Appearance:

Kirie Main

Kirie 2

Kirie 3

Ability: Partial Cat Metamorph- allows for increased speed, strength, stamina, hearing, smell, and eyesight. With this ability active Kirie can jump incredible distance, crack cement with a punch, and run a full mile in fourty five seconds. Her eyesight and smell are sharper in human form and Metamorph form as well, allowing her to see and smell much better than any human could imagine.

Ability Limits: Kirie can transform at any time, but her powers are weaker during the day versus the night. Full moons are when she is at her best.

Personality: Kirie is headstrong and doesnt like to listen to anyone. When she is told what to do she most of the time ignores it and does the opposite. Her favorite thing to do is to work out in the gym. She uses the punching bag, and has destroyed three in the last four months. When faced with an enemy Kirie usually taunts them and calls them names to anger them and cause them to get sloppy because of it. Her favorite color is green, and she loves the beach. Althought she never gets to go there.

Bio: Kirie grew up in Florida. She spent all her time outside of her studies either in the gym, or at the beach. Her mother would sometimes join her, being as her father was a truck driver and was home about once a month at best. In the second grade Kirie had the first sign of her power develop. She was getting ready to go outside for recess when she felt the urge to use the restroom. The need to go was overwhelming, so much that she feared she wouldnt make it. Upon reaching the bathroom she entered the stall and lifted her dress, as she did she felt something on her leg. It was a tail, A TAIL?! She quickly tried to pull at it to see if she could get it off, thinking someone had stuck it to her. It was then she realized it was attached. She had a tail, a white tail. Over the years she had been forced to hide it in her underwear for fear of torment from her peers. Every morining she would roll it up and put it in a ziplock baggie. Then ductape it to the small of he back.

In fifth grade the second part of her powers came in, by now she had figured out how to make the tail appear and disappear. These new paws of hers, however giant paws at that were a different story, a story that no baggie could cover. This was serious trouble for Kirie. She sat up all night in her room for fear that her mother would see. The tail was hard enough for her mother to get used to, but these paws were nothing more than a trip to the circus. She knew that she had to figure out how to make them disappear and it had to happen that night. Kirie sat and concentrated. She worked at it and worked at it and by morning all she had left was her regular fingers but cat claws at the end. This would have to do. It was good that it was winter. She could wear gloves and get away with it.
No more power development surfaced till her sixteenth birthday. She was blowing out the cake in her parents kitchen when poof out the candles went and when the lights were turned on there she was in full cat form. Her parents looked on in horror, as her classmates laughed calling her a freak and one kid even spit at her. Kirie was devistated.

The following few months she attempted to find a job since she had graduated early from High School with A's and B's. No luck, word had spread that she was a freak and no-one and that really means no-one wanted to hire her or be her friend. She couldn't get a boy, not even the nerds who were into Moe. Life was over. That was till her parents received a letter about this school/dorm for people just like her. When she was told about their unanimous bias vote that she go to this school, she was pissed. Then she thought about it for a second, she had nothing here. She accepted (like she had a choice) and went. The ride was a long one and people looked at her weird when she would sneeze and her tail would appear or her ears would pop up. It didn't matter though. She would soon be in a school full of others like herself, not that she was exactly social but still. She was excited, for once in her life. This was the start of something new....

Other: none yet

Last edited:

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
No, no I didn't mean it in an offensive form like "WHY" you would say that, I just stated I didn't see the similarities. Mmkay.

Word is working out for me right now, so it's kind of slow at the moment. I dunno when it'll be up,

Abhorsen

am i approved??

I just pumped out that ^ temp in record speed. I am quite proud of it too..

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Okay, great temp over all, but I see some changes you can make.

First, your links in your appeareance don't work, only the middle one does.

I like the bio, but you barely mention how you got into the Home, just mostly things of before. They're minor, things, but yeah, your temp is pretty much accepted.

Abhorsen

The Destiny Home for the Young and Troubled, you now stand before it, exiled to the gloomy mansion of despair because you are different.
^ that is why I left the me getting there to my first post. I will try to fix the links.. They DID work swear it to ya

Abhorsen

I tried damnit, I even went back and spoilered them.. ugh I will insert the link itself... this is a pain in the ass!

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
*spot reserved for temp*

It is really funny watching him do all of that (with commentary and mock angry typing and annoyed huffs and such) ^ then, five minutes later, it didn't even work...lol..

i'll make my temp soon.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
I tried damnit, I even went back and spoilered them.. ugh I will insert the link itself... this is a pain in the ass!
Don't worry about it. Just have the link that appears and you don't have to have the other ones.

*spot reserved for temp*

It is really funny watching him do all of that (with commentary and mock angry typing and annoyed huffs and such) ^ then, five minutes later, it didn't even work...lol..

i'll make my temp soon.

Alrighty~

Abhorsen

I am no quitter, I fixed it. They are Lunar tested and Lunar approved. (They work). I am going to go pay some serious cash to the swear jar now....

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
They are Lunar tested and Lunar approved. (They work).

I seriously laughed hard at this one. Don't know why though.

Trippe

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
I seriously laughed hard at this one. Don't know why though.

On a side note, can we have two charas? I have an idea for twins and need to know.

Trippe

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's fine with me .

icmasticc

It's been a long while. Nevertheless, I think I'll join this RP. It seems interesting enough. Though otherworldly abilities are still involved, I still feel a sense of down to earth in this particular RP. Here's my character. I won't lie and say I worked extremely hard on him but I do like what I've come up with lol.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Will post a temp tomorrow sometime ^^
No problemo~

It's been a long while. Nevertheless, I think I'll join this RP. It seems interesting enough. Though otherworldly abilities are still involved, I still feel a sense of down to earth in this particular RP. Here's my character. I won't lie and say I worked extremely hard on him but I do like what I've come up with lol.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I love your template. Great job. You're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back